Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria (7104 Views)

IWD 2023: Wema Bank Unveils Big Sister Project For Its Female Employee / Nkataa Ends The Year In Style As They‎ celebrate Their Achievements "‎ / My Frustrating Experience With ALAT By Wema Bank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by nairajotter: 6:20pm On Mar 14
Wema Bank Honors Exceptional Women with ‘She Empowers Her Award By SARA’ at International Women's Day 2024 Event

In a spectacular celebration of empowerment and achievement, Wema Bank proudly announced the winners of its inaugural She Empowers Her Award By SARA, presented during a captivating International Women's Day event held at the prestigious Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.

Among a crowd filled with anticipation, five extraordinary women were honored for their remarkable contributions to society, exemplifying the essence of empowerment, inclusion, and positive change. These outstanding women have not only shattered glass ceilings but have also paved the way for future generations through their relentless dedication and impactful endeavors.

Adesunmbo Adeoye, Debola Agunbiade, Debola Deji-Kurunmi, Funke Felix Adejumo, and Pastor Mrs. Mary Kristilere stood out among a pool of exceptional nominees, showcasing their extraordinary achievements and commitment to uplifting others. From entrepreneurship and finance to philanthropy and leadership, each awardee has left an indelible mark on their respective fields, inspiring countless women to strive for greatness.

Moruf Oseni, MD/CEO of Wema Bank, reiterated the bank's dedication to women's success, stating. According to him, Wema Bank is committed to ensuring that women and their businesses thrive and have a positive societal impact.

In response to winning the award, one of the recipients, Pastor Mrs. Mary Kristilere expressed her gratitude. "This happened only by God's grace and the votes of all my beloved friends and family. Your votes did indeed count. I dedicate this win to the Lord Almighty and pledge more service to humanity. Thank you all for the massive support and encouragement. Thank you, Wema Bank. Words indeed fail me to express how grateful I am."

Another receipient, Debola Agunbiade said, "It’s with gratitude to God that I wish to inform you of my emergence as one of the winners of the Wema Bank She Empowers Her Award By SARA. This is the maiden award ceremony to recognize and celebrate the exemplary achievements of women inspiring inclusion in Africa. I appreciate the entire Wema Bank Plc staff and especially the MD, Mr. Moruf Oseni, for his exemplary leadership in supporting women."

The journey of the She Empowers Her Award By SARA began in 2024 to recognize and celebrate the exemplary achievements of women driving positive change and inspiring inclusion in Africa. On February 23, 2024, the award was announced to the public, marking a significant milestone in the recognition of women's empowerment efforts. The award received an overwhelming response, with up to 100 entries received across the continent. After a meticulous selection process overseen by an independent auditor, 20 nominees were shortlisted, and the top 5 winners were determined through transparent public voting.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/international-womens-day-wema-bank-inspires-women-with-awards/amp/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by galantjoe(m): 1:44am On Mar 15
Tribal insensitive bank.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by NaijaCover(m): 1:49am On Mar 15
Wow, WEMA BANK is making Us Proud

9 Likes

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by slaawomirr: 1:53am On Mar 15
Damnnn niggar

Wema bank my niggar

One of my favourite banks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Gadafii: 1:55am On Mar 15
Wema bank has been in the good news recently 😎😎👍

5 Likes

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by amAZEing: 2:17am On Mar 15
Ok good one
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Northernblood8(m): 2:20am On Mar 15
Why is it that these people giving this awards refused to acknowledge the selfless service that INEC returning officer for Abia State 2023 general Election, Prof. Otti did for Abians?

The keep on bringing names of people that affected few rich people and Bribed their way using kpekus and money but refused to recognise real Heroine and Heros. Maybe because she is Igbo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Maj196(m): 2:38am On Mar 15
Seeing some Yoruba women doing great things recently... Hmm

8 Likes

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by HayTerran: 2:43am On Mar 15
Great women. If not the delitating economy, that's exactly what we can tell of Yoruba women the most. But this Gen Z Yoruba women no dey try

2 Likes

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by chijiokecosmos: 2:50am On Mar 15
nairajotter:
Wema Bank Honors Exceptional Women with ‘She Empowers Her Award By SARA’ at International Women's Day 2024 Event

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/international-womens-day-wema-bank-inspires-women-with-awards/amp/
Wema Bank honours Yoruba wimen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by chijiokecosmos: 2:53am On Mar 15
nairajotter:

A Yoruba Bank honours Yoruba women. The most tribalistic tribe in the world

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by chopnaira: 3:06am On Mar 15
galantjoe:
Tribal insensitive bank.
Lol. No.

The recipient are just pacesetters like the ones below. However, due to their Omoluabi nature, they do not brag.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by chopnaira: 3:11am On Mar 15
chijiokecosmos:
Projection. The era of acting like victims is long gone. Are the people below Yoruba 👇

6 Likes

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by MEGAWATCH: 3:12am On Mar 15
People NIGERIANs never knew about and you are forcing us to accept that the touched our lives in what ways?

If you say they touched the lives of their local community, no problems.

I hate nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Slytiger: 3:15am On Mar 15
chijiokecosmos:
Have you been to Fidelity bank. A very tribalist bank filled with people from Anambra.

The most tribalistic tribe in the world with a known tribalist called Nnamdi Kanu being their leader.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by adamusuleiman1: 3:31am On Mar 15
chijiokecosmos:
They are tribalist but your people can't stay away from their region and their hinterlands You can only fool and gaslight low IQ people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by oneman2k7: 4:57am On Mar 15
Commendable
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by toujurs: 5:20am On Mar 15
Northernblood8:
Why is it that these people giving this awards refused to acknowledge the selfless service that INEC returning officer for Abia State 2023 general Election, Prof. Otti did for Abians?

The keep on bringing names of people that affected few rich people and Bribed their way using kpekus and money but refused to recognise real Heroine and Heros. Maybe because she is Igbo
it won't be good business for them
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by boardgamesaz: 5:34am On Mar 15
cookie clicker I concur with what you said. This blog post is really motivational. I enjoy reading your post, and I find that everything you discuss with us is both up-to-date and quite interesting. Because of this, I want to save a bookmark to this website so that I can come back and tell you that you have done an excellent job.
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Bulldozer90: 5:45am On Mar 15
Find out the meaning of Wema, you won't be shocked.
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Forkthiefnubu: 6:42am On Mar 15
They shud leave this tribe to form their own country, Nigeria starts at Lagos and ends in kwara state , so self absorbed, hegemonic ways , even the so called most sophisticated among them is a tribalist
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Evans20: 6:51am On Mar 15
How I wish our leaders can uplift Nigeria and be honoured like these women
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Dpharisee: 7:05am On Mar 15
This is a sponsored post
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by georgeakins: 7:22am On Mar 15
Northernblood8:

Tell fidelity bank to organise their ibo award.

1 Like

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Af0nja: 7:32am On Mar 15
Wema bank is the worst bank in Nigeria. Parading as new Gen but there services are primitive. Even first bank is more up-to-date than them
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Passionate888: 7:57am On Mar 15
cool
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by AustineE1: 7:59am On Mar 15
Wema bank has a terrible PR,this is more like demarketing itself,though we have always known is an unapologetic ethnic bank but to demarket itself this way, shows the PR team lacks depth.
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by PHAYOL81: 8:03am On Mar 15
Congrats to them all
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by Duru009(m): 8:15am On Mar 15
This is a tribal award, they should have spread the award from each geopolitical zones.....
Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by praises16: 8:22am On Mar 15
Are you for real?
Do you even know the women that were awarded?

Northernblood8:

Re: IWD: Wema Bank Honors 5 Women Whose Achievements Uplifted Nigeria by ppogba: 8:43am On Mar 15
AustineE1:
Wema bank has a terrible PR,this is more like demarketing itself,though we have always known is an unapologetic ethnic bank but to demarket itself this way, shows the PR team lacks depth.

You have always known the bank to be unapologetically ethnic, why then the wailing and crying?

Dey your dey, make WEMA.dey dia dey.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun State Produced The Highest Tons Of Solid Minerals In 2017 – NBS / Business Plan For Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory / Network Marketing Forum (discussion Section)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.