Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,711 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. (3572 Views)

Ekiti LGA With A Senator & Rep Member Celebrate 7years Of Total Darkness / EEDC Throw Southeast Into Total Darkness / Katsina-alu's Death Has Thrown Benue Into Total Darkness, Says Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Whalis: 7:49pm On Mar 14
Total Solar Eclipse 2024: It will be longest in over half a century
During a total solar eclipse, the Moon covers the entire solar disk, creating a brief period of darkness in the middle of the day.
In Short
During a total solar eclipse, the Moon covers the entire solar disk
The rare event will occur on April 8, 2024
A rare cosmic alignment will take center stage as the moon approaches Earth
In an astronomical spectacle set to captivate skywatchers, the Total Solar Eclipse of 2024 is gearing up to be the longest in over half a century.

The Total Solar Eclipse occurs when the Moon passes directly between the Earth and the Sun, blocking out the Sun's light and casting a shadow on a portion of the Earth's surface.
During a total solar eclipse, the Moon covers the entire solar disk, creating a brief period of darkness in the middle of the day.
https://www.indiatoday.in/science/story/total-solar-eclipse-2024-it-will-be-the-longest-in-over-half-a-century-2514187-2024-03-13

2 Likes

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Tecnophone: 7:57pm On Mar 14
God! Salutes.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by TINTINABULATION(m): 8:23pm On Mar 14
Another day for religious charlatans to organize events and massively cash out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Rexymania(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14
We won't see it in Africa 🌍

1 Like

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:18pm On Mar 14
Allahu arka barr..... wahala loading....
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by NFBI: 9:21pm On Mar 14
Rexymania:
I'm yearning for the year it will be viewed in Nigeria
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by HenryTimes: 10:58pm On Mar 14
I think say April 4th before
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Day169: 11:05pm On Mar 14
Beautiful!
.. I'm looking forward to it. The last I witnessed was in 2006, a spectacular event. smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Raylight2(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14
Rexymania:
As usual. Na paper we for dey watch am.
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by honestivo(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14
Good to know
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Martinsmine(m): 12:01am On Mar 15
Things will be Bright from this angle...
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Godnewz: 2:37am On Mar 15
Nice
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by pode(m): 4:50am On Mar 15
For how many weeks?
Because we are in darkness here in Nigeria, make other countries feel the darkness to
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Kloenboi: 4:51am On Mar 15
Another evidence that the earth is stationary and the moon and sun rotates/revolves around it at different speed.

April is the beginning of a new year in the past.
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by wolesmile(m): 5:29am On Mar 15
Kloenboi:
Another evidence that the earth is stationary and the moon and sun rotates/revolves around it at different speed.

March used to be the beginning of a new year, not April.
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Kelklein(m): 5:47am On Mar 15
I thought they said this solar eclipse happens only once in a lifetime..

I am just 27 and only me don see like 4 or 5 so far 🤔🤔.. is the world truly coming to an end..🤔🤔
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Broveens42(m): 6:35am On Mar 15
Kloenboi:

Ya, this is what we call science as known by our forefathers, not the superstition about earth being spherical and revolving
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Broveens42(m): 6:42am On Mar 15
Kelklein:
I thought they said this solar eclipse happens only once in a lifetime..

I am just 27 and only me don see like 4 or 5 so far 🤔🤔.. is the world truly coming to an end..🤔🤔

The world only comes to an end for the dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Gadafii: 7:09am On Mar 15
The nairaland residence pastor is coming to preach bedtime 😂😂
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Felabrity: 9:03am On Mar 15
Anticipating
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:06am On Mar 16
NFBI:
I'm yearning for the year it will be viewed in Nigeria
still far small
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by Bullfallo(m): 10:08am On Mar 16
Day169:
Beautiful!
.. I'm looking forward to it. The last I witnessed was in 2006, a spectacular event. smiley
yea I remember that 2006. But it was not really dark from my side that day. When i get home i saw in the news some part in Nigeria that was really dark but it didn’t lasted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjIulvIIC8Y

3 Likes

Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by KingAzubuike(f): 9:51pm On Mar 19
Bullfallo:
yea I remember that 2006. But it was not really dark from my side that day. When i get home i saw in the news some part in Nigeria that was really dark but it didn’t lasted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjIulvIIC8Y
Lol I vividly remember this day. Everybody con dey wear glass like mumu. Some carry baff of water dey look sun from there . It was weird but exciting
Re: It Is Going To Be A Total Darkness On Earth. by kenny714433(m): 11:13pm On Mar 19
Never experienced this shit before. It's always happening in USA et all and we'll only consume the images.
Even blood moon, Mars viewing from earth etc. In this part of the world, we only experience Tinubulation.

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election / Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole / hh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.