Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada (2819 Views)

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 12:43pm On Mar 15
Entanglement:
travel agent spotted!

Only a fool will fall prey into your scam activities

It seems travel agents have ripped you off before and that’s why everyone is a travel agent in your eyes.

If only some of you will apply common sense, you will see that I have been encouraging people to do it themselves and not use agent. Why will a travel agent advise people to do it themselves?

I almost went to class late this morning because I was trying to make this post quickly before going to training.

Anyways, smart ones will key in while others are shouting agents.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 12:45pm On Mar 15
Now I understand why some people often get pissed off and abandon threads they opened to pass vital information. I might still go that route so that these ones shouting agent will rest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by aieromon(m): 1:36pm On Mar 15
NaijaVietnamese:
Now I understand why some people often get pissed off and abandon threads they opened to pass vital information. I might still go that route so that these ones shouting agent will rest.

How do you know this, Mr New Account?

The thread title and sly choice of words betray your intent.

This is how a first time user experience should look like.

https://www.nairaland.com/5687510/journey-hanoi-vietnam
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Pabloescobar1: 1:42pm On Mar 15
NaijaVietnamese:

You are allowed to promote Asia and its culture but only very few Nigerians or any other African make it legitimately in Asia. I have lived in Asia for most of my Adult life and have visited Vietnam multiple times but not in a million years is it better than any western country in terms of opportunity. It's a personal choice to live in Asia but don't get it twisted there are better countries for those who don't have the luxury of spending money without reasonable income in a country where you stick out like a thumb. Asian countries are barely stepping stones to better countries for those who know.

4 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Ronaldoguy: 3:37pm On Mar 15
fidelmarshal199:

You are just too du*b, if you think it's a scam why Nat wait for Op to name his price before you attack him, From all I've read here on this thread is all about doing it yourself, so where is the scam in that?

I advise you channel your frustration to the right path
You are very slow and dull, he is using a format known to everyone, he is indirectly advertising one useless school in vietnam while screaming do it yourself, foolish people like you will reach out to him to get connected to the school and he will cash out 2000 USD by telling u he will pay the money to school vietnamese account on ur behalf while u pay him naira equivalent, I hate foolish people because they cause problems for not only themselves but others suffer their folly directly or indirectly. TUEH

NaijaVietnamese:

It seems travel agents have ripped you off before and that’s why everyone is a travel agent in your eyes.

If only some of you will apply common sense, you will see that I have been encouraging people to do it themselves and not use agent. Why will a travel agent advise people to do it themselves?

I almost went to class late this morning because I was trying to make this post quickly before going to training.

I put it to you that you are not even in vietnam, you are just looking to rip off your fellow country men, if it is sure for u, snap in a place where the background will show something related to vietnam, cover ur face but write ur nl username on a paper and diaplay it to camera.
NaijaVietnamese:

Is this willful ignorance or just tomfoolery?

Anyways, you need to read again to understand what the post is all about. To help you, I specifically mentioned Nigerians going to do ESL teaching or digital nomad! Anything aside that might be suicidal for Nigerians in Vietnam.

I have seen lots of Nigerians who are stranded here and they were probably deceived by agents. You will see some of them hanging around some African restaurants that are owned by Igbos. They usually beg me for money whenever I go to eat and I give them if I have.

You can do menial jobs in advanced countries and still make money for investments back home. They have hard currency and they lack citizens to do those undesirable jobs, unlike developing countries where there are enough citizens ready to do such menial jobs.

Be guided!

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Ronaldoguy: 4:03pm On Mar 15
ANY FOOLISH PERSON WHO CONTACTS THIS OP WILL GET BURNT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If u must eat toad, eat the one with egg, travel to a good country and avoid crime. There is nothing in Vietnam, I work directly with Vietnamese here in the US and they are one of the asian countries that send the most people to cross the US border illegally every year. Vietnam is farther than Nigeria to the US and have a lower population than Nigeria, yet more Vietnamese cross US border illegally than Nigerians, think about it. Something must be chasing them since Vietnam is not at war. if they are not running away for their life, it must be for economic reasons. It is someone wey don chop go learn english, so dead the thought of going to teach english in Vietnam and dont get scammed by thieves like this OP.

3 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Entanglement: 5:18pm On Mar 15
NaijaVietnamese:

agent oshey baddest!

We know Una mode of operations! undecided
Now gullible people for don full your DM dey ask you this and that, na there you dey get your customers to decieve go were them no supposed to go!

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Entanglement: 5:24pm On Mar 15
Ronaldoguy:
ANY FOOLISH PERSON WHO CONTACTS THIS OP WILL GET BURNT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If u must eat toad, eat the one with egg, travel to a good country and avoid crime. There is nothing in Vietnam, I work directly with Vietnamese here in the US and they are one of the asian countries that send the most people to cross the US border illegally every year. Vietnam is farther than Nigeria to the US and have a lower population than Nigeria, yet more Vietnamese cross US border illegally than Nigerians, think about it. Something must be chasing them since Vietnam is not at war. if they are not running away for their life, it must be for economic reasons. It is someone wey don chop go learn english, so dead the thought of going to teach english in Vietnam and dont get scammed by thieves like this OP.
We know them grin
That guy na brigadier general in control of all the travel agents parading nairaland to decieve people grin

Vietnam of all place! grin

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Entanglement: 5:29pm On Mar 15
Ronaldoguy:
You are very slow and dull, he is using a format known to everyone, he is indirectly advertising one useless school in vietnam while screaming do it yourself, foolish people like you will reach out to him to get connected to the school and he will cash out 2000 USD by telling u he will pay the money to school vietnamese account on ur behalf while u pay him naira equivalent, I hate foolish people because they cause problems for not only themselves but others suffer their folly directly or indirectly. TUEH

I put it to you that you are not even in vietnam, you are just looking to rip off your fellow country men, if it is sure for u, snap in a place where the background will show something related to vietnam, cover ur face but write ur nl username on a paper and diaplay it to camera.
no mind the mumu!
The guy no snap picture nothing or place! Come dey make audio announcement 📢

I only pity the mumu were go contact am through DM

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Dzzzz: 5:46pm On Mar 15
Ronaldoguy:
I am sure u are a travel agent looking for victims, we know ur style. Justwise should delete this thread asapp. Why do u want to mislead ur country men. Foolish people will believe that Vietnam is better for an economic refugee than Canada/ US/UK like that.....dey play grin
..It is not bad to learn bros..No be only your village you done go back and forth?.

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Dzzzz: 5:47pm On Mar 15
Must you talk can’t you just learn one or two?..Abeg continue OP Ma fo
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by kmaster007: 7:20pm On Mar 15
Whr talking about currency here
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by chyzoo4u(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15
All I can see here are agents trying to shut up the OP so he won't leak vital information here.

7 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 12:49am On Mar 16
Entanglement:
agent oshey baddest!

We know Una mode of operations! undecided
Now gullible people for don full your DM dey ask you this and that, na there you dey get your customers to decieve go were them no supposed to go!

I will be in class today, hopefully I will remember to snap with the kids while holding a paper with your name written on it, maybe before or after my teaching. I’m not doing it to prove anything to you or anyone but to show how unreasonable you and some others have been.

Then I will leave the thread for good. I didn’t create it for all these negative energy to ferment. I have enough BTA to last me until I start receiving my salary (which is even going to be higher than I expected). I can also be sending goods to Nigeria if I decide to increase my hustle. There are many Vietnamese goods one can send to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 12:57am On Mar 16
I have seen lots of Nigerians stranded in Go Vap and district 2. They were deceived by agents about non existent factory jobs (such jobs are for the locals and some Nigerians that even managed to get them were later fished out). Their papers have all expired and they’re hopeless. You can’t even do such jobs with tourist visa and work permit is vetted before they grant it.

I’m always deeply disturbed whenever I see them because they’re wasting away their youthful age.

It’s after observing their situation that understood why some of them end up doing crimes despite knowing the severe penalties attached to it.

I hated agents for destroying their future with false promises. It’s the same situation in many Middle East countries like UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and other places where agents deceived some Nigerians that they would be gainfully employed on arrival, just so they could get their money.

Anyways, logical thinking people will always avoid such pitfalls while gullible ones end up as victims.

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 1:19am On Mar 16
Ronaldoguy:

When ignorant people talk with so much arrogance, I find it disgusting. There is nothing in Vietnam? Lol. Are Chinese people not crossing the border into US? So, there is nothing in China too?

You claim to be in the United States yet your IQ is like that of someone who hasn’t stepped out of his village. Firstly, the official language here is Vietnamese but their government & private sector are investing heavily in English language education because they understand it would help them. Thousands of Westerners are leaving America, UK, Australia to teach in Vietnam, I guess they’re stupid to do that? We are 11 that came for the program in my set, I’m the only African & only Black, the rest came from the West.

In District 1, there are probably more foreigners, particularly from USA/UK/Australia/Europe than locals, so if there is nothing in Vietnam, why are they all coming here?

People from USA or UK can come to teach in Vietnam and find it rewarding enough (some even go to Cambodia that is lesser developed than Vietnam because they don’t have a degree), but you believe someone from a poor country like Nigeria won’t find it rewarding, doing same job those Whites are doing? Even when the Nigerian has the added advantage of doing business which those Whites can’t do?

Do you even know what is called comparative advantage?

You’re too dull abeg & must still be living in your village.

3 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by u3fine(m): 6:27am On Mar 16
NaijaVietnamese:

When ignorant people talk with so much arrogance, I find it disgusting. There is nothing in Vietnam? Lol. Are Chinese people not crossing the border into US? So, there is nothing in China too?

You claim to be in the United States yet your IQ is like that of someone who hasn’t stepped out of his village. Firstly, the official language here is Vietnamese but their government & private sector are investing heavily in English language education because they understand it would help them. Thousands of Westerners are leaving America, UK, Australia to teach in Vietnam, I guess they’re stupid to do that? We are 11 that came for the program in my set, I’m the only African & only Black, the rest came from the West.

In District 1, there are probably more foreigners, particularly from USA/UK/Australia/Europe than locals, so if there is nothing in Vietnam, why are they all coming here?

People from USA or UK can come to teach in Vietnam and find it rewarding enough (some even go to Cambodia that is lesser developed than Vietnam because they don’t have a degree), but you believe someone from a poor country like Nigeria won’t find it rewarding, doing same job those Whites are doing? Even when the Nigerian has the added advantage of doing business which those Whites can’t do?

OP, you're 100% correct on this. The number of Americans, Canadians, UK citizens Australians and other EU citizens traveling to teach in Vietnam is so much that it's now difficult for black non natives mostly from Africa to get the once juicy teaching job in Vietnam.
Please whoever that is planning to come to Vietnam to hustle should better erase that idea. No matter what any AGENT tells or show you, don't believe him or her.
No factory jobs or cleaning jobs here for foreigners.
Aside from teaching (which is VERY competitive now) and maybe digital nomad, it's practically difficult to survive here. Maybe you want to come in to buy goods and ship to Nigeria, fine.
All over vietnam now, because of the relaxation of there tourist visa policy since August 2023, agents (especially from Nigeria and Ghana) has bastardized the visa that they process 90 days visa that cost $50 for over $2000 and promised them milk n honey in Vietnam. At the end of the day, they're all stranded here. As I type, over 20 Nigerians are in detention camp waiting to be deported back to Nigeria because they were caught working with tourist visa.
A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by u3fine(m): 6:42am On Mar 16
For those planning to come and hustle in Vietnam and as promised by agents. See the below updates and travel advisory as at yesterday from the Nigerian Embassy in Vietnam.

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 9:18am On Mar 16
u3fine:

OP, you're 100% correct on this. The number of Americans, Canadians, UK citizens Australians and other EU citizens traveling to teach in Vietnam is so much that it's now difficult for black non natives mostly from Africa to get the once juicy teaching job in Vietnam.
Please whoever that is planning to come to Vietnam to hustle should better erase that idea. No matter what any AGENT tells or show you, don't believe him or her.
No factory jobs or cleaning jobs here for foreigners.
Aside from teaching (which is VERY competitive now) and maybe digital nomad, it's practically difficult to survive here. Maybe you want to come in to buy goods and ship to Nigeria, fine.
All over vietnam now, because of the relaxation of there tourist visa policy since August 2023, agents (especially from Nigeria and Ghana) has bastardized the visa that they process 90 days visa that cost $50 for over $2000 and promised them milk n honey in Vietnam. At the end of the day, they're all stranded here. As I type, over 20 Nigerians are in detention camp waiting to be deported back to Nigeria because they were caught working with tourist visa.
A word is enough for the wise

God bless you for this input. Anyways, the agents here trying to disguise here will only end up embarrassing themselves.

What you said are 100% facts. However, unfortunately, some African teachers don’t do the right thing by engaging reputable TESOL institutes before coming, instead they use agents and try to hustle through. The institute I used for my TESOL also promised to provide job at the end of my training and they’re already on it. I will be traveling to Hanoi on Sunday to validate my papers because a language school there said I have to provide it so they can commence my WP processing.

It’s foolish to pay agent 2.5 million when that same amount can afford a one month training inclusive of accommodation and job placement.

Na we Dey do ourselves sha.

2 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by emandman: 11:44am On Mar 16
NaijaVietnamese:
I have seen lots of Nigerians stranded in Go Vap and district 2. They were deceived by agents about non existent factory jobs (such jobs are for the locals and some Nigerians that even managed to get them were later fished out). Their papers have all expired and they’re hopeless. You can’t even do such jobs with tourist visa and work permit is vetted before they grant it.

I’m always deeply disturbed whenever I see them because they’re wasting away their youthful age.

It’s after observing their situation that understood why some of them end up doing crimes despite knowing the severe penalties attached to it.

I hated agents for destroying their future with false promises. It’s the same situation in many Middle East countries like UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and other places where agents deceived some Nigerians that they would be gainfully employed on arrival, just so they could get their money.

Anyways, logical thinking people will always avoid such pitfalls while gullible ones end up as victims.
You earlier said People can MAXIMIZE their 90 day visa to get jobs
The same you said what I quoted. What are you about bro?
What is this thread really about? If it's for guidance start dropping officials links where people can go to government site and do things themselves.
If it's just a narration of your experience stop acting like a salesman, just tell us about foods , culture, economy and your experience. I don't necessarily need pictures.
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by NaijaVietnamese: 12:56pm On Mar 16
NaijaVietnamese:

I will be in class today, hopefully I will remember to snap with the kids while holding a paper with your name written on it, maybe before or after my teaching. I’m not doing it to prove anything to you or anyone but to show how unreasonable you and some others have been.

Then I will leave the thread for good. I didn’t create it for all these negative energy to ferment. I have enough BTA to last me until I start receiving my salary (which is even going to be higher than I expected). I can also be sending goods to Nigeria if I decide to increase my hustle. There are many Vietnamese goods one can send to Nigeria.

I hope those agents called entanglement and Ronaldo guy will rest now. Anyways, I’m done with the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Entanglement: 1:33pm On Mar 16
NaijaVietnamese:

I hope those agents called entanglement and Ronaldo guy will rest now. Anyways, I’m done with the thread.
affirmative!
I rest my case!

Far be it from me to be an agent angry

But next time stop doing documentary like an agents! Instead talk about the culture, food, lifestyle, environment, weather and the people.

You unconsciously adopted the writing style of an travel agent which will in turn lead to trigger alert 🚨 on we the end viewers who maliciously hate those travel agent angry

This are the list of most hated people on nairaland:
1: travel agents
2: tinubu supporters
3: feminist
4: Infinix and Tecno fanboy
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Lazyme2(f): 2:37pm On Mar 16
Entanglement:
affirmative!
I rest my case!

But next time stop doing documentary like an agents! Instead talk about the culture, food, lifestyle, environment, weather and the people.

You unconsciously adopted the writing style of an travel agent which will in turn lead to trigger alert 🚨 on we the end viewers who maliciously hate those travel agent angry

Ah ah, why are feminists hated on nairaland?🥲
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Ronaldoguy: 4:05pm On Mar 16
NaijaVietnamese:

ogbeni shut up, thousands of americans, brits are in Burundi the poorest country in Africa too, they can move in and move out, its just life experience and adventure to them. I am telling u people who are doctors, engineers from vietnam are crossing border illegally yearly to US and u are comparing with citizens who came in on their own and can leave asap. Vietnam is not a country for a nIgerian to go and hustle, suffer no dey tire u people, I will leave this thread now, everyone should do what they want and if u fall victim to a visa syndicate like this guy, na u sabi.
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Ronaldoguy: 4:09pm On Mar 16
Vietnam is among the top 10 country of origin of illegal immigrants in US, and vietnam is not even in the Americas, that should tell u something, Nigeria is not even among top 10 for illegals. English teaching kee u there, like if it was really lucrative they will not be taking teachers from Phillipines which is closer by to them?
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Ronaldoguy: 4:11pm On Mar 16
You are just one fellow who needs to rack up money to move to another country and nigerians are ur proposed victims, u will meet ur waterloo soon.
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Useku(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16
Ok
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Rexie96: 11:36pm On Mar 16
verminnel:
Nice o ..I'm interested but how can one get a TEFL certification in Nigeria?

I have links , which state are you in ? Yours will be less than 200$ . We have different bodys offering tefl . And im not an agent o. I also did mine Tefl nd C2 proficeincy.
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Rexie96: 11:46pm On Mar 16
NaijaVietnamese:

Please ignore all these illetrates, I just want you to know that I deeply appreciate your time and energy put into giving these details. Please dont stop the update, will eventually meet you up in Vietnam someday soon.

I am also on something similar with you so I believe you 100% .

And Note: most of these bitter people on here, you cant really blame them, majority are frustrated with life, broke, depressed or battling anger demons. This is a public forum with all sort of people having access to each other. Goats are mixed with lions in a dark room and goats also feel they could roar in the dark.

2 Likes

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Rexie96: 11:53pm On Mar 16
Ronaldoguy:
I am sure u are a travel agent looking for victims, we know ur style. Justwise should delete this thread asapp. Why do u want to mislead ur country men. Foolish people will believe that Vietnam is better for an economic refugee than Canada/ US/UK like that.....dey play grin

If common sense was a free gift of nature, honestly you will forever lack it.

Im even irritated by the thoughts of you being a guy and theres a female out there dating you of all humans ? And some people go use thier private part rub each other for 5 minutes and after 9months believe say dey wan born one rubbish creature wey dem suppose abort. Fck u and those that made you exist on this planet!!
Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Rexie96: 11:56pm On Mar 16
Entanglement:
affirmative!
I rest my case!

Youre just naturally dumb, what will you humans not critisize anyway!!

1 Like

Re: Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada by Entanglement: 1:05am On Mar 17
Rexie96:

Youre just naturally dumb,!!
....like your father

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Embassies Accepts ''micro Finance Bank Statement'' For Their Tourist Visa / Study For Free In Finland And Iceland / ARAB MONEY - Incredible Photos Of Arab Billionaires In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.