Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike (15634 Views)

President Tinubu could help Nyesom Wike with the control of PDP, but....... / Fubara And I Are in PDP but In Different Political Camps – Wike / I Was Formally PDP, But Now, I’m APC -cyberwolf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Kosisochukwu12: 8:54am On Mar 15
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has maintained that he is still a member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Wike, the immediate past governor of oil-rich Rivers state, made the statement during a media parley with selected journalists in Abuja on Friday.

His words: “I am a member of the PDP. ”Have you ever seen me change anything?

“The one I supported before, what happened? I have decided to take a break. As you see me now, everybody should carry their cross.

“I was in PDP, and I did not hide it: ’ told them I was not going to support their presidential candidate. Is it that I spoke or acted in a way people did not understand?”

Responding to a question on if he is not worried about being disciplined by the party, Wike said:

“Discipline me for what? That I did what? I am an advocate of the party’s constitution. Assuming we lost the governorship, will they be talking about Rivers as a PDP state?

“Now is the time for governance. Now is the time” to do your assignment “nt. The president has given me an assignment and I am busy carrying out my assignment.

“When the time for politics comes, we will know who is where and who is not where.”

Recall that Wike fell out with the PDP hierarchy in the run-up to the 2023 presidential election.

He had insisted the party maintain its internal power-sharing formula by zoning the presidential ticket to southern Nigeria.

While he backed out from supporting Atiku Abubakar – from northern Nigeria – who won the PDP primary election, the former governor worked for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), leading to the emergence of President Bola Tinubu.

Tinubu later appointed him as a minister, a move that triggered debates on whether Wike was still a member of the PDP.

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/im-a-member-of-pdp-but-decided-to-take-a-break-says-wike/

5 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by atiku4President(m): 8:56am On Mar 15
Take a break from what? From the party or politics? From taking a break to abandoning the party, I guess. It's the first stage of AWOL

6 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by rayvelez(m): 9:00am On Mar 15
Wike Atiku menace

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Ajens1991: 9:01am On Mar 15
My idol. I admire him for his bravery

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by SoNature(m): 9:03am On Mar 15
Wike rigged Rivers State election results for the APC and went scot-free because in Nigeria anything goes. iRev shows a result totally different from what was announced.

I'll start taking this country seriously the day the legislators enact laws to sentence election riggers to death. Until then, Nigeria remains a failed British experiment.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Nwodosis(m): 9:21am On Mar 15
Take a break, you have achieved your destruction of the party.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Depriest2020: 9:38am On Mar 15
The only man bigger than PDP. Ordinary suspension PDP couldn't give Wike talk more of expulsion.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by BondRiv: 11:20am On Mar 15
Atiku ruined PDP with his desperation. No one should bother Wike.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by HateBigots: 2:33pm On Mar 15
🤡
Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by optimistfeel(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15
Wike the cruise man.....

2face man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by ddippset(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15
Dey play.
Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Mide70: 2:34pm On Mar 15
Stale
Welcome to Nigeria Politics
Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by chijiokecosmos: 2:35pm On Mar 15

3 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by fuckJones(f): 2:35pm On Mar 15
SoNature:
Wike rigged Rivers State election results for the APC and went scot-free because in Nigeria anything goes. iRev shows a result totally different from what was announced.

I'll start taking this country seriously the day the legislators enact laws to sentence election riggers to death. Until then, Nigeria remains a failed British experiment.
go to court

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by 9jvirgin(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15
wink

1 Like

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by ddippset(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15
BondRiv:
Atiku ruined PDP with his desperation. No one should bother Wike.
Absolutely spot on.

Everyone in PDP was desperate except Wike.

Only Wike was humble and did not agitate for anything.

Continue..

10 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Golan007: 2:35pm On Mar 15
grin

60 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15
WIKE lead I follow... NYERISHI MEKA OOO

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by RPG2020(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15
Between wike and disgrace na Time grin

8 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by MrUchenna1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15
atiku4President:
Break from what?
RIGGING

1 Like

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Talknochip(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15
Smh

dis man think say im wise pass everybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by mastermaestro(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15
Atiku the Dubai tourist, not Wike, is the real problem of PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by 9jvirgin(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15
You took Mr Obi's vote and gave it to APC and you expect to have peace of mind? You ruined the future of the people you claimed to love by changing their choice and rights during a crucial election for your selfish gains and you expect to be happy? Keep playing! Your end is near.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by ukaegbuikedia: 2:37pm On Mar 15
Wike is deceiving himself

1 Like

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by santopelele(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15
grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Praying4Nigeria: 2:38pm On Mar 15
chijiokecosmos:
We know the people that destroyed Nigeria.
mastermaestro:
Atiku the Dubai tourist, not Wike, is the real problem of PDP.
Copy the link in my Signature and paste your Browser to Join the Abuja-based Youths planning something Big with the Presidency. But you must be ready to daily use 1 to 3 minutes to pray for Nigeria. That is the only Criteria to Reap the Good of this wonderful Land.

3 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:38pm On Mar 15
He want play two sure.

If dem kick Jagaban out, then he falls back to PDP

If Jagaban remains, then he continues.

Wike isn't as smart as he would like to think he is.

This one cast Wike, 1 leg cut

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by Duelee: 2:39pm On Mar 15
Wike the wicked producer

In the other news: I'm presently buying LinkedIn accounts... WhatsApp 09=0=257.03.3.66

1 Like

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by DrAda(f): 2:39pm On Mar 15
Wike got jokes

1 Like

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by CoronaVirusPro: 2:41pm On Mar 15
The great Wike

A man of class!

One of a kind.

Wike 2039 guaranteed!

9 Likes

Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by JobZoneNews(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15
I love this politician. I m sure you're still crossing over to APC. Time will tell.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Ongoing Work At Enugu Unity Park / IPOB To Start Enforcing Ban On Cow Meat, Open Grazing April 27th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.