Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,273 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line (14033 Views)

Ghana Cancels $2bn Rail MoU For 'Breach Of Confidentiality' / Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi / See Abuja Rail Train Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Auto9ja(m): 11:58pm On Mar 15
that company is owned by Nigerians. Hardened criminals everywhere

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12229416/officers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Catapault: 12:29am On Mar 16
Collins4u1:

it doesn't matter.
rail track can capture whichever route it wants to just that journey time will increase.

Exactly. Rail tracks do not always follow a predictable path. It can go up and turn right and come back down, then go up again.

1 Like

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Catapault: 12:30am On Mar 16
benuejosh:
if you took your time to read you will understand that the government is not paying a dime. This guys will construct, commission and operate this particular rail line all by themselves. This is pure business. While they're doing this business to their gain, they're in turn building the Nigerian rail infrastructure. Nigeria government will only provide an enabling environment for them by removing bureaucratic processes and others.

Very simple, straightforward business that is a win-win for all parties.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by adebimpe4bako: 6:51am On Mar 16
BAT with a visionI couldnt have voted wronglyObidents, lets cry in unison BAT with a visionI couldnt have voted wronglyObidents, lets cry in unison ...
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Rolings: 6:52am On Mar 16
SoNature:
Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja

If you are going to Abuja from Enugu, I thought you would pass Benue and not Cross River?

How do they want to connect Calabar to Abuja through Enugu?

I hope this isn't a scam though! I no trust APC!

The Calabar line will be a branch off the main PH Enugu Abuja line.
That's the plan for the Ibadan Abuja rail line that will connect Ibadan oshogbo Akure Ekiti lokoja then Abuja.....but the Ekiti line will be a branch off the main Ibadan Akure Abuja line

1 Like

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by omoharry(f): 7:08am On Mar 16
benuejosh:
if you took your time to read you will understand that the government is not paying a dime. This guys will construct, commission and operate this particular rail line all by themselves. This is pure business. While they're doing this business to their gain, they're in turn building the Nigerian rail infrastructure. Nigeria government will only provide an enabling environment for them by removing bureaucratic processes and others.
So, how will they get their money back ? Will there be in charge of collecting fares from passengers for some time ?
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by omoharry(f): 7:10am On Mar 16
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

The difference is there! Others were abusing the guy even they don't understand it but you just showed literacy enshrined with wisdom.
So many young Nigerians are too lazy to read. They just look at the headlines and start spewing out rubbish without any shame .
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Quebec91(m): 9:16am On Mar 16
You said it all
CodeTemplar:
MoU means Memorandum of Understanding. Nothing more. Few crooked fellas sat down and struck an understanding of technical looting.

You clearly didn't comprehend what you read or propaganda has blinded your brain. MoU remains MoU and is always an avenue for looting under your miserable party.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by BuyMeBanger: 10:13am On Mar 16
MrDoGood:

I don't trust the involvement of UK

Hm, who to not trust the most, them or the Chinkos but I'll bite. I guess us designing, constructing, commissioning and operating this network ourselves is out-of-the-question? wink
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by 35kristibueze: 11:50am On Mar 16
Emergency lovers of Nigeria. Tinubu is not working. For how many years before the eventual transfer.Emergency lovers of Nigeria. Tinubu is not working. For how many years before the eventual transfer....
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by MrDoGood(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16
BuyMeBanger:

Hm, who to not trust the most, them or the Chinkos but I'll bite. I guess us designing, constructing, commissioning and operating this network ourselves is out-of-the-question? wink

I trust Chinese more than them. UK, USA, France don't want the progress of any Africa nation. Do your research well sir
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Freebills12: 4:17pm On Mar 16
[color=#000099][/color]
omoharry:
So many young Nigerians are too lazy to read. They just look at the headlines and start spewing out rubbish without any shame .

That notwithstanding, it doesn't give one the audacity to abuse the other.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by pquaver(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16
SoNature:

If the emboldened was what was captured in the news story, I wouldn't have asked the question. I am not stupid. I must scrutinize whatever this government tells us because they think we are dullards like their supporters.

Exactly like u scrutinise buhari but 2nd 9ja bridge is a reality, u scrutinise lagos ibadan railway but it is a reality today... But refused to scrutinise 2nd 9ja bridge for years it remained a mirage, you even celebrated the commission on a board.. We know the real dullards..
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by pquaver(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16
t2luv1:

Scam !!! The first sign this MOU wasn't for real. It was signed with the UK. Right now UK with all her ill-conceived BREXIT policy can not even take care of her people. UK is a very poor country, no difference between the UK and Nigeria except that one has constant light and the other does not.

U said more than this in 2nd 9ja bridge, in lagos ibadan railway.. All the scam u shouted, are the projects not a reality today? You can shout from here to heaven, nobody send u our railway will stand.. If dem finish no enter... Bad belle
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by pquaver(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16
ponziponzi:

Don't be naive. Does this company look like they can build anything? Are there any records that show that this company has managed any project or business in the past? When you want to award a project or enter into an MOU with a company, you look at their capacity and history of handling similar projects. Critical thinking is important.

Are u their financial managers? Show us proof of their financial situation that made u make such a bold claim.. I only sense fear from all of you with negative comments.. Your fear is Tinubu making it a reality like we have in lagos, then u will have nothing to put against him... Well if u like shout scam from mow till tomorrow, it won't stop the project, the project will go on...
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by pquaver(m): 10:15pm On Mar 16
tnerro1:
Nice development, we need first class trains including night trains in this country. If they can tackle insecurity with the state police, then these trains go sweet to ride no be small😋

European night trains... Always a nice experience to collect 1 hand 😁😁😁.. So i guess 9ja own go sweet pass

1 Like

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by BuyMeBanger: 2:30am On Mar 17
MrDoGood:

I trust Chinese more than them. UK, USA, France don't want the progress of any Africa nation. Do your research well sir

And you think China do eh? wink
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Sctests: 7:44am On Mar 17
Immediately I saw that news with emphasis on 'UK firm', I knew it was a scam to loot by throwing around the name 'UK' and make people lose their guard on the corruption going on therein.. grin

The company turned out to be owned by corrupt Nigerians who registered it in UK to loot Nigeria. The company has a net asset of only £100. grin

See thread
https://www.nairaland.com/8031676/fg-signed-mou-very-poor

Tinubu and his gang of thieves will finish Nigeria.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by MrDoGood(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18
BuyMeBanger:

And you think China do eh? wink

What are you saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 30) / Free Train Ride On Lagos-abeokuta Yet To Commence / Which Country Is It Easy To Get A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.