Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line (14034 Views)

Ghana Cancels $2bn Rail MoU For 'Breach Of Confidentiality' / Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi / See Abuja Rail Train Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by 36STATES: 5:34pm On Mar 15
This is a big joke. UK can't even build there own railway. I live in UK and I did some work for a subcontractor for the National Rails. So I understand a bit about the country and their capacity with regards to railways. They even scraped the HS2 some three months ago after more than 12 years on the drawing board and more than £15 billion.

Only Chinese can build railways at a good price and delivered on time. This one is just another fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by 36STATES: 5:38pm On Mar 15
Click on this link to see the owners of this company from UK Company House. These are UBER drivers in London.
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12229416/officers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Calylove: 5:44pm On Mar 15
Thats nice. May it not be an audio MoU. Amen
What date will it be completed so that we can start the count down?
Shout amen now!!!
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Objectivist04: 5:47pm On Mar 15
Nigercity:

I think from pH to Enugu or cross River, you will have to pass imo or Abia
So I think the line Will run from pH to Abia, then another line will run from Calabar to Aba
Where the 2 lane meets will follow the normal pH-Aba-Enugu route up to markudi, straight to Abuja

In that case it will have no business going through markurdi or benue at all . Lokoja would be the shortest route but they should be ready to construct so many bridges both across river Niger and river benue including other rivers.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by ponziponzi(m): 5:48pm On Mar 15
Lol, Naija.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by 36STATES: 5:49pm On Mar 15
benuejosh:
if you took your time to read you will understand that the government is not paying a dime. This guys will construct, commission and operate this particular rail line all by themselves. This is pure business. While they're doing this business to their gain, they're in turn building the Nigerian rail infrastructure. Nigeria government will only provide an enabling environment for them by removing bureaucratic processes and others.

I didn't bother wasting my time reading the article because I was already certain it was utter nonsense. Instead, I simply looked up the company's name on the UK Company House website, and my suspicions were confirmed. It turns out they're just Yoruba Uber drivers in Peckham trying to pass themselves off as foreign investors. They're still Nigerians, not even British like myself. Perhaps they only arrived here recently, a year or two ago at most. It's ridiculous that individuals like benuejosh are spouting off about things they could easily research for the truth if they had the means."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Kusu12: 5:52pm On Mar 15
It's too early for losers to be wailing and peddling falsehood.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Objectivist04: 5:55pm On Mar 15
ovie8200:

Oga, it means it will start from Calabar to PH. From PH to Enugu and Straight to Abuja. It can go straight to Abuja from Enugu unless they want to bend it to Makurdi or Lokoja. But Enugu straight to Abuja makes more sense. Look at the map well and also along the line, they may connect other cities but the main focus city point is Calabar-PH-Enegu-Ab

The reason people go through Makurdi before going to Abuja when coming from the east is that Nigeria does not have roads and highways. Ideally, a good country will have different extensive roads linking different cities but Nigeria doesn't have such. A country like Nigeria is supposed to have another highway from connection PH through to Enegu to Nsukka and straight to Abuja without going a distance way to Makurdi to Lafia before going to Abuja. So for the railroad, it doesn't have to go that direction like driving. I hope I am making sense.

Jonathan started that road in 2013, it is called Ogrute, Akpanya , ldah Odolu road but was abandoned halfway due to corruption and unseriousness of that administration.

The road is 50 to 60% completed and the contractor PW still maintain their site
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by ponziponzi(m): 5:55pm On Mar 15
benuejosh:
if you took your time to read you will understand that the government is not paying a dime. This guys will construct, commission and operate this particular rail line all by themselves. This is pure business. While they're doing this business to their gain, they're in turn building the Nigerian rail infrastructure. Nigeria government will only provide an enabling environment for them by removing bureaucratic processes and others.

Don't be naive. Does this company look like they can build anything? Are there any records that show that this company has managed any project or business in the past? When you want to award a project or enter into an MOU with a company, you look at their capacity and history of handling similar projects. Critical thinking is important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by tnerro1(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15
Nice development, we need first class trains including night trains in this country. If they can tackle insecurity with the state police, then these trains go sweet to ride no be small😋
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Foodhub2023: 6:03pm On Mar 15
SoNature:
Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja

If you are going to Abuja from Enugu, I thought you would pass Benue and not Cross River?

How do they want to connect Calabar to Abuja through Enugu?

I hope this isn't a scam though! I no trust APC!
Not scam but i was hoping Kogi should be included
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by mbateb(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15
Presently, if you are going to Abuja from Enugu you don't even need to follow Makurdi, from Oturkpo there's a route through to keffi in Nasarawa state then Abuja
ovie8200:

Oga, it means it will start from Calabar to PH. From PH to Enugu and Straight to Abuja. It can go straight to Abuja from Enugu unless they want to bend it to Makurdi or Lokoja. But Enugu straight to Abuja makes more sense. Look at the map well and also along the line, they may connect other cities but the main focus city point is Calabar-PH-Enegu-Abuja.

The reason people go through Makurdi before going to Abuja when coming from the east is that Nigeria does not have roads and highways. Ideally, a good country will have different extensive roads linking different cities but Nigeria doesn't have such. A country like Nigeria is supposed to have another highway from connection PH through to Enegu to Nsukka and straight to Abuja without going a distance way to Makurdi to Lafia before going to Abuja. So for the railroad, it doesn't have to go that direction like driving. I hope I am making sense.

1 Like

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Objectivist04: 6:19pm On Mar 15
SpecialAdviser:

Instead of you to argue reasonably. Why this? Do you understand the map of Nigeria?
Something is fundamentally wrong with the person you quoted, he claims to be an Igbo but anything Igbo pains him down to the marrow. Am sure he is not happy about this news.

He reminds me about one Obiageli and Berem during buid up to the 2015 election. . The truth is that such people always end in shame .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by blaise26abj(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15
The chinese have finished chopping . Na UK turn .
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by eepeepook: 6:53pm On Mar 15
Keeping an eye out.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Ngorbungor(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15
Objectivist04:

In that case it will have no business going through markurdi or benue at all . Lokoja would be the shortest route but they should be ready to construct so many bridges both across river Niger and river benue including other rivers.

You are right, ieither it passes through Nnsuka to Lokoja or Oboloafor to Lokoja then to Abuja. But going through makurdi or Nassarawa is a long journey and waste of resources, the question should be what is the volume of travellers from benue or Nassarawa to south east or south south and compare it to Lokoja to south east and south south
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:14pm On Mar 15
Knew a set of people would still find a reason to wail
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15
Objectivist04:

Something is fundamentally wrong with the person you quoted, he claims to be an Igbo but anything Igbo pains him down to the marrow. Am sure he is not happy about this news.

He reminds me about one Obiageli and Berem during buid up to the 2015 election. . The truth is that such people always end in shame .

Exactly my brother. Most of them are doing themselves
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by LadyExcellency: 7:46pm On Mar 15
ponziponzi:
Lol, Naija.

See Lagos State Residents' company fronting for the Government's cabal claiming UK-based.

Yahoo company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Franking: 7:48pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

If you are going to Abuja from Enugu, I thought you would pass Benue and not Cross River?

I believe it will go through the states in-between.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by onuman: 8:05pm On Mar 15
Lol. Trust an average British business man. They know that this corridor in Nigeria should be the most profitable in railway business.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Ebeano49(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15
PH > Aba > Owerri > Onitsha > Asaba > Benin > Sagamu > Lagos is probably the most economically viable/sensible rail line to prioritize.
A fast train on this route can easily charge airline rates easily. But, being Nigeria, we are not interested in doing the right thing.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by okewumi: 8:51pm On Mar 15
When they signed mou for rail at the North (Abuja to Kano, Kano to Niger). No analysis or criticism from northerners.
I think the problemm of the country is South. I can ready negative coment despite government effort to bring the project to South. I don't know while we southerners cannot be positive for once. If it is nothern projects, the nothern forum will appraise government and encourage how to fastrack but Southern nigerian loves to conderm
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by igwebuike01: 8:52pm On Mar 15
Ebeano49:
PH > Aba > Owerri > Onitsha > Asaba > Benin > Sagamu > Lagos is probably the most economically viable/sensible rail line to prioritize.
A fast train on this route can easily charge airline rates easily. But, being Nigeria, we are not interested in doing the right thing.
I was in Aba the other day going to Uyo. We stayed for several hours no passenger. Meanwhile near us is a bus loading Onitsha. If you see the speed with which the buses fill up eeh. They loaded more than ten buses before Uyo bus could fill up. And this is like a general park not registered road transport company park
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Adolfnigeria: 8:53pm On Mar 15
@ DevilsEqual

If you even bothered to research the firm, you won't find anything meaningful on them.

This is obviously a shell company set up to siphon funds.

Repent from being a zombie.

DevilsEqual:
BAT with a vision

I couldnt have voted wrongly

Obidents, lets cry in unison cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Boldideas: 9:09pm On Mar 15
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by sulaak(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15
It is a fake company that was created in 2019 by a group of Nigerians and English citizens in a cheap housing complex near Heathrow Airport. This looks like another P&ID deal.

17 Dec 2020 Confirmation statement made on 25 September 2020 with no updates

29 Oct 2020 Registered office address changed from Unit 24 Highcroft Industrial Estate Enterprise Road Waterlooville PO8 0BT United Kingdom to 104 Stanley Road Hounslow TW3 1YT on 29 October 2020

View PDF Registered office address changed from Unit 24 Highcroft Industrial Estate Enterprise Road Waterlooville PO8 0BT United Kingdom to 104 Stanley Road Hounslow TW3 1YT on 29 October 2020 - link opens in a new window - 1 page(1 page)

26 Sep 2019 Incorporation
Statement of capital on 2019-09-26
GBP 100

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12229416/filing-history?page=2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by TheMostComplex1: 9:34pm On Mar 15
DevilsEqual:
BAT with a vision

I couldnt have voted wrongly

Obidents, lets cry in unison cheesy cheesy

I just fainted
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by TheMostComplex1: 9:42pm On Mar 15
Goodnews
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Mccullum: 9:52pm On Mar 15
It good concept, I hope it'll work and come to reality.

Wishing Tinubu success.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by objpmb: 10:56pm On Mar 15

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by THEGALADIMA(m): 11:25pm On Mar 15
The rail track would cut across the forest and rivers.....

SoNature:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 30) / Free Train Ride On Lagos-abeokuta Yet To Commence / Which Country Is It Easy To Get A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.