Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

£400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK (25413 Views)

Two Nigerians Jailed For 40 Years For Robbing Mobile Money Vendor In Ghana / Three Nigerians Jailed In Ireland For Defrauding 66-yr-old Woman Of €282k (pics) / 23 Nigerians Jailed In France For Sex Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

£400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Itulah(m): 10:43pm On Mar 15
Three God-fearing Nigerians among an organized crime group jailed for a combined total of 11 years for defrauding major phone companies of over £400,000 in the U.K.

Four people who pled guilty to defrauding Vodafone, EE, O2 and the Carphone Warehouse out of £429,304 have been jailed for a combined total of 11 years at Portsmouth Crown Court.

According to a statement released by Hampshire police, the offenses came to light when a Hampshire resident told the police that between between Friday 14 February 2020 and Wednesday 19 February 2020, four mobile phone accounts had been opened up in his name without his permission or knowledge. EE contracts had been taken out in the Fareham and Waterlooville Carphone Warehouse stores and phones where also taken out in O2 and Vodafone stores.
Hampshire police then contacted EE who discovered the residents details had been used for a series of frauds.

Operation Waterspout was set up as a Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary investigation into the Organised Crime Group who were involved in high value commercial fraud. The fraudsters used stolen personal details of existing customers from all over England and Wales to take out new phone contracts and obtain expensive mobile phones and similar items such as Apple Watches and iPads.
Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/three-uk-based-nigerians-defraud-vodafone-other-firms-of-429304/amp/

6 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Itulah(m): 10:47pm On Mar 15
I reserved my comment.

91 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 12:08am On Mar 16
Some section of this country are well-known religious terrorists.

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

In this country, we also have kidnapping militias-cum-economic sabatouers.

And the people from this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

By the way, I'm from one of the evil communities mentioned above.

225 Likes 18 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by garriAndsugar: 12:27am On Mar 16
Cone headed individuals

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by otipoju(m): 1:27am On Mar 16
Whereas it's much easier to make a honest living with peace of mind and no fear of police coming to knock or breakdown your door one day.

Parents teach your children contentment from a very early age. It will save you and them a lot of shame in future.

In our house 97 times out of 100, we had very good food and decent clothes. However, if we had only garri left, we drank it with pride and joy without complaining...even today I'm still like that.

Till today, I go oppress your Range Rover with my Toyota.Your Louis vitton no fit fine pass my Reebock or Puma for my eye. I no send your papa message.

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by OgaTheTop2: 2:03am On Mar 16
Awon guys yi sha!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by ednut1(m): 5:02am On Mar 16
Awon adojuti omo. Disgrace to their lineage

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Buharidgeneral: 5:11am On Mar 16
Which one is God fearing Nigerian

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Kingcalls: 5:26am On Mar 16
If we are banned tomorrow.... those descendants of the fallen demon will blame the people from the SE ... this was how they ruined dubai for us

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by adecz: 5:32am On Mar 16
👉👉It's shocking that any part of the
world Nigerian youth go to, some are
excelling in certain areas, while some
get involved in fraudulent acts or high
crimes.

You hardly notice this criminality in
youth of other migrant communities..

The get rich quick at any cost is always
on their minds. 😡😡😡😡😡

13 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:15am On Mar 16
ednut1:
Awon adojuti omo. Disgrace to their lineage

I read on Instablog that the Taiwo dude moved to the UK immediately after his secondary school education. The mom has been a resident in the UK since. If someone must be greedy, why not channel it into something legit? He is probably a citizen sef.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by dominique(f): 9:42am On Mar 16
And there's another thread where a Canadian based Nigerian.is duping his fellow Nigerians of millions of naira. Do we blame poverty and hardship on these acts of sheer greed? Hope we can now see the disastrous consequences of justifying fraud?

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Blackestjunior(m): 9:58am On Mar 16
Bleepp

Mehnnn

Na who Dem catch, na him be thief..

4 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Lifted07: 9:59am On Mar 16
The phrase "Three God-fearing' no clear. Could someone please explain? Or what figure of speech is this in the matter at hand?

15 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Judolisco(m): 9:59am On Mar 16
Do d crime, do the time.... 400k no be small money... Fraudsters and armedrobbers na d same thing to me

7 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by thesicilian: 9:59am On Mar 16
otipoju:
Whereas it's much easier to make a honest living with peace of mind and no fear of police coming to knock or breakdown your door one day.

Parents teach your children contentment froma very early age. It will save you and them a lot of shame in future.

In our house 97 times out of 100, we had very good food and decent clothes. However if we had only garri left, we drank it with pride and joy without complaining.

Till today, I go oppress your range over with my Toyota.Your Louis vitton no fit fine pass my Reebock or Puma for my eye. I no send your papa message.
Not in support though, but it's actually easier to succeed through crime than through honest living.
And the issue of peace of mind is fairly relative, depending on your conscience

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by killsmith(f): 10:00am On Mar 16
When they finish serving jail time, their people make them Oba or awujale.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:00am On Mar 16
When you enjoy the proceed from the crime then be ready to do the time

Simple

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Racoon(m): 10:01am On Mar 16
Now it is their turn but they don't always agree that crime cuts across all know barriers ever known to man.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by sukkot: 10:01am On Mar 16
They wan go saner clime to make it insane

7 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by coneh3ad: 10:01am On Mar 16
Omoluabis cheesy

25 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by MT: 10:01am On Mar 16
Itulah:

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/three-uk-based-nigerians-defraud-vodafone-other-firms-of-429304/amp/

This is a pointer to the fact that things are not easy anywhere in the world.

That UK you are dreaming of travelling to is where some people chose the way of fraud to make money. This is not peculiar to UK alone, it is all over the world. If life has been easy to them, most probably they wont go this route. I am not making any case for them, just showing that it is not easy anywhere.

Before you lose 14,000 GBP for CoS (Equivalent of 28 Million Naira) today, to get to UK where you will be slaving to make an average of 2000GBP per month (with almost 1300 to 1500- GBP gone with bills each month, WITHOUT feeding and clothing and other miscellaneous expenses), think twice and have your plans mapped out.

The grass is not always greener at the other side. Those of you that think that when you get to western world, you are wealthy by default, let this story be your guide.

I am not saying people should not travel but please lower your expectation to avoid cases like this.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Triangles1(m): 10:02am On Mar 16
I wish we can jail them as well, for slave trade on our soil and explotationof our resources, interfering inside our politics.

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Bigseven(m): 10:02am On Mar 16
I
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Racoon(m): 10:02am On Mar 16
MT:
This is a pointer to the fact that things are not easy anywhere in the world.That UK you are dreaming of travelling to is where some people chose the way of fraud to make money.

This is not peculiar to UK alone, it is all over the world. If life has been easy, most probably they wont go this route. I am not making any case for them, just showing that it is not easy anywhere.

The grass is not always greener at the other side. Those of you that think that when you get to western world, you are wealthy by default, let this story be your guide.I am not saying people should not travel but please lower your expectation to avoid cases like this.
You said my mind. Thank you sir

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by mukthar2000(m): 10:02am On Mar 16
When elders said Charity begins at home they would not accept. Imagine what happened.

3 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Galaticos444: 10:02am On Mar 16
Anytime u hear of crimes committed by Nigerians in d UK jst be rest assured that d perpetrators are from d brown roof region.the tribe where majority of dem are doing taxi driver work in d UK as per time job but their full time job is internet fraud

40 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by able20(m): 10:02am On Mar 16
Ooh.... God not again, why are my SW bros all the time?

3 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Bigseven(m): 10:03am On Mar 16
Anytime you read about fraud syndicate overseas, 98 percent of the people involved are Nigerian and is giving us a bad image. We are genuine hustlers. It’s sad 😔

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by SpatialKing(m): 10:03am On Mar 16
This are not....

They are.... in disgust

Spoiling Nigeria name

😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by tunjijones(m): 10:03am On Mar 16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newly Married Woman Kidnapped On Her Way To Sokoto From Zamfara (Photos) / Delta Landlady Slices Tenants With Razor Blade Over Easter Chicken’s Faeces / Suspected Nigerian Drug Peddler Stabs Police During Arrest In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.