Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,021 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market (45013 Views)

Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market / Naira Depreciation: USD Supply Drops By 42% At FOREX Market Despite Binance Exit / Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by bnanny: 9:08pm On Mar 16
What's Tinubu is doing now is not how to rule a country. You removed subsiding, floated our naira everything went up due to this later you revised everything back and started paying subsiding and peg the naira again.
Why do what's you know nothing about? Africa politicians is just to loots and keep in Europe for white people to enjoy. Nothing upstairs.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by ElSudani: 9:13pm On Mar 16
Oh no! Why this migraine inducing news for the Obidients?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Growing(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16
This naira appreciation is not worthy of being appreciated given how much devaluation it has suffered compared to this six naira gain.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Joetiniand(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16
jesmond3945:
it wont. it is pegged at 1300

Exactly my thought but let's see if there strategy pay off. What I want is better country and floating the naira wasn't a better option

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by olowolekan(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16
How on earth did you people call this appreciation ! This is completely unacceptable. . Until it crashes below #1,000 ,I won't applaud anything called appreciation

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by ignis: 9:41pm On Mar 16
Appreciation at over 1600?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by chidiokay: 9:44pm On Mar 16
Can they just STFU about these inconsequential appreciations ... why not wait till it makes significant appreciation before media jamboree
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by tenpipsperday: 9:50pm On Mar 16
Nigerians are fools and fools are very easy to manipulate, if you like call it govern.

They have started appreciation already. Forgetting where this evil party met naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Trojan8(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16
jesmond3945:

Dey play. Same CBN they pegged it at #1300, also sell at #1600. When the time is right, they would depeg it or allow it match market price.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Chetas81(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE VALUE PLS SHOW ME WHERE YOUR CURRENCY VALUE COMING FROM?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by stagger: 10:01pm On Mar 16
JobZoneNews:
We hope this continues this way. Nigeria will become better.

Where have you been since 1986?

Or from 1994 when a dual exchange rate system (N22 official and N88 parallel market) was introduced by Abacha when he brought CBN under the presidency?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Abuloma80(f): 10:06pm On Mar 16
I so hate seeing or reading about this Naira/Dollar issue. Because it's so painful to remember that at a time (during Jonathan Regime) it was $1 to N400 maximum. But now we are talking about N1,600-N2,000 to a Dollar! God forbid!!! Also around 1980s it was N1 to $1.25 or £2.5 l was using that to shop for my Babies at "Mother Care shop in London! So remembering these is hurtful.

I so pity the up coming ones - how are they going to co-op with life. See the worsening condition of NEPA, Sky-Rocketing prices of every thing but with Salary or Income not increasing. So continue to pray to the Almighty God for improvement. Nothing is impossible with the Almighty. May there be a positive change to Nigeria's situation!

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Reeb2244: 10:24pm On Mar 16
kcprince:
I pray it comes down to some decent numbers like 1k or 900.

Usually the best time to buy dollar yearly is between February and first week of April. It is attributed to the Chinese new year holiday where factories stop working in China. I am surprised we witnessed a rise instead this year. What will then happen between September and December when dollar demand is highest?
Is this one mad? You called 1k or 900 per dollar decent?

You are one of the problems in this country. You accept any nonsense thrown at you.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by nedekid: 10:31pm On Mar 16
Metcheew, what I open this post sef.
Naira appreciates, you rush to check, it is 1650.45, now 1650.42
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by chidooh1: 10:38pm On Mar 16
APC just used their garagara and lie lie spoil country, see now common food no way, people no get savings again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by PHAYOL81: 10:39pm On Mar 16
Hoping it continues appreciation. Keep on pushing harder, Cardoso.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by civilserva: 10:42pm On Mar 16
iichidodo:
This message goes to Tinubu from an erudite economic scholar like me. "Abandon the naira and use CFA, thank me later"...

Do you think you can just use CFA without depositing billions of dollars to French vault?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by civilserva: 10:44pm On Mar 16
Abuloma80:
I so hate seeing or reading about this Naira/Dollar issue. Because it's so painful to remember that at a time (during Jonathan Regime) it was $1 to N400 maximum. But now we are talking about N1,600-N2,000 to a Dollar! God forbid!!! Also around 1980s it was N1 to $1.25 or £2.5 l was using that to shop for my Babies at "Mother Care shop in London! So remembering these is hurtful.

I so pity the up coming ones - how are they going to co-op with life. See the worsening condition of NEPA, Sky-Rocketing prices of every thing but with Salary or Income not increasing. So continue to pray to the Almighty God for improvement. Nothing is impossible with the Almighty. May there be a positive change to Nigeria's situation!

It was 218 naira to $1
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by kcprince: 10:57pm On Mar 16
Reeb2244:
Is this one mad? You called 1k or 900 per dollar decent?

You are one of the problems in this country. You accept any nonsense thrown at you.

Mind your words. Some of us are old enough to be your father.

You find it hard to understand what I wrote and I don’t know why. Decent amount Means a reasonable drop

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by sucess001(m): 10:57pm On Mar 16
Appreciate at 1610

Una drink kai. kai
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:26pm On Mar 16
kcprince:

Usually the best time to buy dollar yearly is between February and first week of April. It is attributed to the Chinese new year holiday where factories stop working in China. I am surprised we witnessed a rise instead this year. What will then happen between September and December when dollar demand is highest?
APC still a failure if dollar stay for 1k or 900 if the dollar can't come back to where Dey met it in 2015 everything about APC is unacceptable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:27pm On Mar 16
Cindypresh:
Until it gets down to #216=$1

Anything more than that is unacceptable, tinupoo and Apc are all failures
aswear

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:28pm On Mar 16
JobZoneNews:
We hope this continues this way. Nigeria will become better.
in what way In dis tinubu and Akpabiobio regime? Dey play
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:29pm On Mar 16
HateBigots:
grin... Tinubu and APC said $1 = #200 is not acceptable.
Now APC minions are celebrating #1600.

Bunch of 🤡
no oo they are bunch of brooms
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by FuckingNaira: 11:55pm On Mar 16
kcprince:

Lol. . . .
It will go parabolic by then.
I mean by ember months.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by FuckingNaira: 11:56pm On Mar 16
jesmond3945:
Smiles.....
From 1,300 And e don jump from there down to 1,600 within 2wks interval.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by FuckingNaira: 11:59pm On Mar 16
peleson1:
Naira is floating
Not only naira is going down
In fact all African currencies is going down
Check Angola Kwanzaa
Ghana cedis
And many more.
All are going down
I this is the right time to adopt Bitcoin as legal currency

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by khattab02: 12:06am On Mar 17
Try and error economic!

Have they really investigated what made that sudden surge in Jan and Feb?

Na one chance we dey soo.

Emilokan regime was never ready for the work at hand.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Konquest: 12:41am On Mar 17
AmazingGenius:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/16/naira-continues-appreciation-against-usd-at-forex-market/
The Naira ended last week on a positive note as it continued its appreciation against the US Dollar at the foreign exchange market.

FMDQ data showed that the Naira appreciated to N1,602.75 on Friday from N1608.98 recorded on Thursday.

This represents a N6.23 gain compared to the N1,608.98 recorded the previous day.

The development comes despite the USD transactions plunged by 44.7 per cent to $137.43 million from $248.75 million on Thursday.

At the parallel market, the Naira traded between N1,610 and 1,620 per USD.

DAILY POST reports that all through last week, the Naira had settled at an average of N1,608 per USD.

On Thursday, the Central Bank of Nigeria in a circular warned that commercial banks should desist from profiting through Naira revaluation.

Recall that between June last year and March 15 2024, CBN had floated the Naira twice which saw the Country’s currency trading at N1,602.75 per USD from N460 in May 2023.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by Pharaohny: 2:11am On Mar 17
Cindypresh:
Until it gets down to #216=$1

Anything more than that is unacceptable, tinupoo and Apc are all failures

absolute Failure

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market by FireUpNow(m): 2:30am On Mar 17
jesmond3945:

The dollars should be 500/$ is what I want it to be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( / BVN Madness In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.