Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,597 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) (590 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) by absoluteSuccess: 3:18pm On Apr 18
Iwo t'an w'aparo bii kafi dala, ori eye ni o pe'ye. This shows the very point I was trying to make in the last post about the root meaning of the name 'aparo', this goes a long way to reveal how intelligent the ancient Yoruba wordsmiths were and in spite of clearness of their ideas, if you are not resourceful upstairs, you will only be looking at a word and will never be able to access the meaning.

There are thousands of cases like this in Yoruba landuage.

Let me try the etymology of Agbabiaka, for my kinsman, Osolo of Isolo, omo Isoloshi ile Ijamido, iganmode Afeleja, Osolo omo Aina Gbeto, sun re o. May God repose his soul.

Agbabiaka simply implies a body that spins like a circle. Whenever we come across agba, if we look at it carefully, it often connotes spherical object in Yoruba. From this, I can confidently say Yoruba understood the concept of a spherical world as ancient mariners, or sea people whose history were well attested in the ancient world history. For this, the Yoruba speaks of agbanla Aye, "the great spinning (circling) earth".

How do we establish this?

We have to understand ancient Yoruba law of physics that says "ajantuka ni tagba aarin". What this implies is that "it's impossible to try to tie three spherical objects together in a rope without the one in the middle jumping out." once we can decode the meaning of "tagbaarin", we would have access to the meaning of the entire statement and the implication of "agba" as used here. then it can be applied elsewhere.

Yoruba is a language that harbors great knowledge. We can decode every word that come across as 'imponderable' scientifically.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) by absoluteSuccess: 3:29pm On Apr 18
macof:

You are talking with a mad man
An actual mad man that bites people on the streets

What a pity to a wasted life

Thank God for safety, I escape this demon and his clique. "Iwo tanwo aparo bii kafi dala, ori eye ni o p'eye.

The level of bile that makes up his heart never allow potential for greater knowledge to truly take root. Very evil soul.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) by DOptical: 9:54pm On Apr 27
Tbh, I see why some often bring this up, considering some similar strange cultures such as, making the second twin the elder of the twins, female child inheritance etc and there are also the several Yoruba words which matches the Hebrew words with similar meanings, such as

Aye (Hayah) means to exist or life.

Aanu (Hannah) means Mercy/favour.

Orun (Arun) means height.

Lale (Laylah) means Night.

Binu (benas) means anger.

Melo (Melo) means fullness.

Iwa (Iwa) means strong character/righteousness.

Eyinju (Ayin) means Eyes.

Oluwa (Eloah/Elowah) means Lord.

Ara (Raahm) means thunder.

Ori (Rosh) means head.

Ibere (Barasheet) means beginning.

Baale (Baale of Judah).

And so-on.

Meanwhile, the Yoruba weren't even trading with the Hebrews hence the reason why these are all strange. Lol. Aside that, Ifa which is Yoruba religion (and also entails the history of the Yoruba) talks about the Messiah being the Word born of a virgin woman as the begotten child of God while also referring to the Yoruba as "Omoluabi" which means the children of God. Also, the Yoruba have also got similar names for God as the Hebrew's names for God for example, Yoruba names for God are Oluwa, Olorun, Eledumare, ìyè/Eriwoyah which are similar to the Hebrew's names for God such as Eloah/Elowah, Elohim, El 'mareh, Yahweh..

All these are mysterious tbh.

Anyways, I have come to a stage where I have decided on two theories which are, either the Yoruba were Hebrew who left Egypt at the time the Hebrew were still in Egypt (Moses also left too and would have stayed where he was if not for the fact that he was asked to go lead out the other Hebrews). As I previously stated, if the Yoruba were Hebrews, I understand why all that were happening in Judea were also happening in Yorubaland since the Hebrew were promised of the Messiah 🤔 Either that or the Yoruba are just ancient people doing their things. It's even annoying that the ancient Egyptians described as blacks by the Greeks such as Aristotle, Plato etc were destroyed by the Arabs who had almost destroyed the other Northern Africans, including the Hausa who were already having most of their language changed into that of Arab until Rupert East preserved what was left of their Hausa language by asking the Hausa to document it.

Tbh, while the Europeans aren't without faults of course, however, I actually appreciate the fact that they preserved the African heritage📌 and ensured a lot were documented back then, as well as the map!
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) by Olu317(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28
DOptical:
Tbh, I see why some often bring this up, considering some similar strange cultures such as, making the second twin the elder of the twins, female child inheritance etc and there are also the several Yoruba words which matches the Hebrew words with similar meanings, such as

Aye (Hayah) means to exist or life.

Aanu (Hannah) means Mercy/favour.

Orun (Arun) means height.

Lale (Laylah) means Night.

Binu (benas) means anger.

Melo (Melo) means fullness.

Iwa (Iwa) means strong character/righteousness.

Eyinju (Ayin) means Eyes.

Oluwa (Eloah/Elowah) means Lord.

Ara (Raahm) means thunder.

Ori (Rosh) means head.

Ibere (Barasheet) means beginning.

Baale (Baale of Judah).

And so-on.

Meanwhile, the Yoruba weren't even trading with the Hebrews hence the reason why these are all strange. Lol. Aside that, Ifa which is Yoruba religion (and also entails the history of the Yoruba) talks about the Messiah being the Word born of a virgin woman as the begotten child of God while also referring to the Yoruba as "Omoluabi" which means the children of God. Also, the Yoruba have also got similar names for God as the Hebrew's names for God for example, Yoruba names for God are Oluwa, Olorun, Eledumare, ìyè/Eriwoyah which are similar to the Hebrew's names for God such as Eloah/Elowah, Elohim, El 'mareh, Yahweh..

All these are mysterious tbh.

Anyways, I have come to a stage where I have decided on two theories which are, either the Yoruba were Hebrew who left Egypt at the time the Hebrew were still in Egypt (Moses also left too and would have stayed where he was if not for the fact that he was asked to go lead out the other Hebrews). As I previously stated, if the Yoruba were Hebrews, I understand why all that were happening in Judea were also happening in Yorubaland since the Hebrew were promised of the Messiah 🤔 Either that or the Yoruba are just ancient people doing their things. It's even annoying that the ancient Egyptians described as blacks by the Greeks such as Aristotle, Plato etc were destroyed by the Arabs who had almost destroyed the other Northern Africans, including the Hausa who were already having their language changed into that of Arab until Rupert East asked the Hausa to preserve what was left of their language by writing and documenting it.

Tbh, while the Europeans aren't without faults of course, however, I actually appreciate the fact that they preserved the African heritage📌 and ensured a lot were documented while they themselves also documented a lot on African back then.

Interestingly I strongly believe certain groups of Yoruba are Hebrews-Canaan in origin , Arabs,Europeans, African-Nubians in origin .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Gowns And Attire From America!!! / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid??? / About Big Brother And Huddah......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.