Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? (6864 Views)

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Do Many People Fear Death? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Steep: 1:30pm On Mar 17
Omooba77:
Why does most people fear death; yet the way to heaven?
Death is not the way to heaven, it is Jesus Christ.
Death is an enemy, death came as a result of sin, and Jesus has defeated death by his death and resurrection so that anyone who believe would have everlasting life. Though when they die in the flesh but in spirit they would be with him and and at his coming he would raise them back to life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Shikena(m): 1:31pm On Mar 17
You sure? grin

Opanka44:
Oga, nobody is scared of death. Nigeria is already hell for the financially-disadvantaged ones and no form of Death can ever be Greater than been alive here

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Fryx: 1:32pm On Mar 17
uwakwekamubu:
I think is only those, that pay much attention to their human flesh are afraid of death.The soul enlightened ones ,only know that death is an illusion. we die to wake up. The soul never dies,it keeps on living till infinite.

Most times I said to myself. Why should I even be grateful to be alive. I am obviously living for the sake of others. There is more peace for the dead than the living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by fredoooooo: 1:33pm On Mar 17
Don't be deceive, bo one knows exactly what's going to happen on the other side .. cheesy
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by gigfx: 1:34pm On Mar 17
Ecceleciates 3 vs 11

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Steep: 1:34pm On Mar 17
uwakwekamubu:
I think is only those, that pay much attention to their human flesh are afraid of death.The soul enlightened ones ,only know that death is an illusion. we die to wake up. The soul never dies,it keeps on living till infinite.
Elightenment will not save anyone from death neither from hell.
It is the shed blood of Jesus on the cross that saves. Death is not an illusion don't be deceived.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by JooEeL(m): 1:35pm On Mar 17
Heaven indeed.

You don go there before?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Steep: 1:36pm On Mar 17
Fryx:

Most times I said to myself. Why should I even be grateful to be alive. I am obviously living for the sake of others. There is more peace for the dead than the living.
Only those who dies in Jesus christ has peace, those who dies outside christ has no peace whatsoever.
Isaiah 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by UncleAyo: 1:36pm On Mar 17
There is no heaven, neither is there hell anywhere. These concepts are just all human fantasy and wishful thinking.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Antoeni(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17
Valar Morghilis
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by john1101(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17
hopefulLandlord:
Because we have survival instinct in us. It takes great effort to override that instinct no matter what your believe

Yes, its survival instinct just like sex urge or food urge. what Self-righteous people call things of the flesh....
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by akinwale701(m): 1:42pm On Mar 17
hopefulLandlord:
Because we have survival instinct in us. It takes great effort to override that instinct no matter what your believe

Apart from me, you're the only reasonable human on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by mukthar2000(m): 1:45pm On Mar 17
Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by kals4luv990(m): 1:46pm On Mar 17
Death is not the only way,there is suicide,murder,accident etc also
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Rumundele(m): 1:46pm On Mar 17
kingxsamz:
The fact is those who believe in heaven don't really want to go there because they know how insanely boring it'll be. It's almost like torture. Imagine living for eternity in one place, serving a god forever with no football, movies, parties, games, music from your favourite artists, concerts, phones or social media. Your only purpose is to praise and worship a god for eternity. And I'm sure most people who believe in heaven and hell would rather prefer to die and become nonexistent than to exist in heaven forever. it's just that hell is not favourable, so they can only go with the better choice.
That's why pastors move around with body guards and armed men because they don't want to d!e. It's why they collect tithes and attain wealth because they know they won't have that experience in heaven. Good thing it doesn't exist.
I don't think you are serious like seriously!!
You don't even have idea of how heaven look like. Do you have idea of your existence before you were born into this world?
Same orientations you have before were born is same orientations you switch to by the time you goes back to where you from.
Since nature did not reveal the next experience to human, it should not bother you.
Its a nature to protect your life and you are also given a free will to take your life, your life is in your hands.
So drink all the beers available to you, watch football,attend parties and watch all the films and enjoy every every available to you in this life now that you know. The next life takes whatever you see.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by StraightGaay: 1:50pm On Mar 17
Donald7610:
Death belongs to Satan
It's enemy of God
Not from God
Jesus Will defeat death at last
Say the bible
Thought he already did?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by uwakwekamubu(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17
Steep:
Only those who dies in Jesus christ has peace, those who dies outside christ has no peace whatsoever.
Isaiah 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

What of those that are not Christian?

Have it in mind ,that you're what you believe.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by becompadsionate: 1:51pm On Mar 17
Thinking Heaven is boring is like calling a sane clime with no fear of death and crime boring. Please check your understanding about heaven so you know. Heaven is like the world before your face (nature in particular, not physical asset), a heaven and earth that is cleanse of all forms of evil. Don't be deceive bro!

[b][/b]
kingxsamz:
The fact is those who believe in heaven don't really want to go there because they know how insanely boring it'll be. It's almost like torture. Imagine living for eternity in one place, serving a god forever with no football, movies, parties, games, music from your favourite artists, concerts, phones or social media. Your only purpose is to praise and worship a god for eternity. And I'm sure most people who believe in heaven and hell would rather prefer to die and become nonexistent than to exist in heaven forever. it's just that hell is not favourable, so they can only go with the better choice.
That's why pastors move around with body guards and armed men because they don't want to d!e. It's why they collect tithes and attain wealth because they know they won't have that experience in heaven. Good thing it doesn't exist.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by StraightGaay: 1:51pm On Mar 17
baike:
Do u know anybody that is not afraid of death shocked
Remi Tinubu
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Princewell2012(m): 1:52pm On Mar 17
baike:
Do u know anybody that is not afraid of death shocked
hmm that's a good question. since he said some people, if they wrote a letter to him that they are coming for, will he not run away so automatically everybody is afraid of death.
Even a Christian that pray at night for God To protect him from the hands of the enemy is also afraid of death.
The bible says the living knows they will die.
Now the fear should have been where do I go when I died Heaven or Hell.
And that will definitely put us in check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Steep: 1:52pm On Mar 17
Death is certain for all without christ.
The origin of death is at the garden of heaven.
Through one man sin entered into the world and death followed.
Sin and death are the inheritance that humanity first parent, Adam left for her. No matter your race, creed, intellect, enlightenment or not, gender, age or color, rich or poor, sick or healthy, death is certain for we all inherited it.
Death means not only are we going to die physically but also are going to be separated from God for all eternity.
So death, is bad news it is a disaster, the beautiful planet, people,places and things, including qualities on earth we are not going to see them again, worse than that, we would be separated from God, meaning we won't have peace, joy, comfort, love, beauty, satisfaction and fulfilment,direction or wisdom any anymore, what we would have is only torment, hopelesness and darkness for all eternity.

Death is terrible for us all, but God is kind and merciful full of love and compassion, though we are just as sinful as Adam but he still gave provided a way for us, Jesus christ is that way, he died for us taking away our penalty of death on us so that we would have the best life which is eternal life.

Friend if you receive the Lord Jesus you will eternal for free you future is guaranteed in Christ, you would smile going through this life knowing that a better life awaits you.

Christ promise that to resurrect those that died in faith in him back to life, but to a more blessed and dignified life.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by kingxsamz(m): 1:54pm On Mar 17
becompadsionate:
Thinking Heaven is boring is like calling a sane clime with no fear of death and crime boring. Please check your understanding about heaven so you know. Heaven is like the world before your face (nature in particular, not physical asset), a heaven and earth that is cleanse of all forms of evil. Don't be deceive bro!

[b][/b]

Is the quote below right or wrong?

living for eternity in one place, serving a god forever with no football, movies, parties, games, music from your favourite artists, concerts, phones or social media. Your only purpose is to praise and worship a god for eternity.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Princewell2012(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17
There is no body that is not afraid of death.
But however the real fear should have been if I died now where Will my soul be, in heaven or Hell.
Believe me that will definitely put you on check.
Because some people behave as if they will never see death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Opanka44(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17
Shikena:
You sure? grin

Very sure
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by LockDown69(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17
grin
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by phemmie06(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17
Jesus lives! Henceforth is death
Entrance-gate of life immortal;
This shall calm our trembling breath
When we pass its gloomy portal.
Hallelujah!
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by 198800Mam(m): 2:07pm On Mar 17
The fear of death is often rooted in the unknown. People fear what they can't fully understand or anticipate. Even if someone believes in an afterlife like heaven, the uncertainty of what happens after death can still be daunting. Additionally, many people have strong attachments to life, their loved ones, and the experiences they have on Earth. So, while they may believe in the concept of heaven, the transition from life to the afterlife is still a significant and mysterious event that can evoke fear.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Naijanascam: 2:10pm On Mar 17
Heaven is an imaginary place and even the GOs knows that... Even one powerful Go rejected his mansion in heaven and came back to earth and be moving around with convoys and earthly security guard....

Nothing like heaven in the real sense of the world

God created you to come to the world to suffer and return to heaven to enjoy... Why can't he leave you in heaven to be enjoying in the first place
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Shikena(m): 2:13pm On Mar 17
As in "nobody"? That makes no sense as I know many who have clearly expressed fear of death within and beyond Nigeria. You can only speak authoritatively for yourself.

Opanka44:

Very sure
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Franking: 2:14pm On Mar 17
Don't mind the hipocrites.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by netmillionaires(m): 2:25pm On Mar 17
Ehn! Most people don't want to die because they don't know what happens after death. They don't know if after death is heaven, they dont know if after death is hell. They don't even know if heaven and hell exist. Let the Heaven appears in the sky in all its glory once in a while to remind people of their home and watch how people will long to be there.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 2:28pm On Mar 17
Omooba77:
Why does most people fear death; yet the way to heaven?
because they were wrongly thought that heaven is a Spiritual place that is beyond this life.
They are afraid of death because they are not sure of any other life that is beyond this life inspite the wrong teachings that there is life beyond here.
In otherwords, the teachings that there is life in the spirit rhelm beyond this life we are living is false because it does not conform to reality which is life here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“I'M A Man Of God That Love Pussy"- Says, Pastor Wilson (video) / “I Sacrificed A Baby And My Manhood For Money Making Rituals” / 7 Year Old Girls' Revelation For Nigerian 'men Of God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.