Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? (6858 Views)

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Do Many People Fear Death? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Faitholu(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17
uwakwekamubu:
I think is only those, that pay much attention to their human flesh are afraid of death.The soul enlightened ones ,only know that death is an illusion. we die to wake up. The soul never dies,it keeps on living till infinite.

You are wrong! Soul dies. Bible confirm it severally that soul dies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by MN07: 2:41pm On Mar 17
baike:
Do u know anybody that is not afraid of death shocked

🙋🏿‍♂️ I'm not anymore.

I guess I'm kind of half dead at the moment.

I have prayed in my heart's of heart for death but I guess I'm not good enough to die just yet.

I have lived and nothing is worth living for.

Just waiting to get passed my fear of pain and I will do it eventually.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by emmyN(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17
Death is not the way to heaven. Who taught you it was?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Dwaizman(m): 2:43pm On Mar 17
Death is the reward of every living thing....
Until I f*ck my 72 virgins and 1 non virgin called jennyclay here on Earth, den I will bomb nairaland f*ck more virgin... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by MN07: 2:50pm On Mar 17
Kenneth4u205:
Foolish op . Death is not the only way to heaven. Every holy ghost filled Christian visit heaven daily in visions, trance and teleportation.while average Christians visit heaven daily in their dreams, although the forget on waking up .

Stop displaying your ignorance in public

You are the foolish one here.

Having no single iota of proof for all these nonsense you just spewed.

You are delusional and people like wouldn't know the truth until their time on expires.

Enjoy your delusional grandeur.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Shikena(m): 2:51pm On Mar 17
Can you give a few examples of where the Bible confirmed that the soul dies?

Faitholu:

You are wrong! Soul dies. Bible confirm it severally that soul dies.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by judedwriter(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17
Omooba77:
Why does most people fear death; yet the way to heaven?

Nobody wants to die and yet we all want to make heaven.....

I guess it's because most of us don't have a preview of how glorious heaven is.

Some people who died and had a preview of heaven didn't want to return to this earth again. Some were forced back to return to warn others from sinning against God in order not to miss heaven.

But then nobody should die until they have completely fulfilled their destinies on earth.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by eleniyan2020: 2:56pm On Mar 17
GanagiBitrus:
When someone dies, the family left behind passes through plenty of stress. That's the major reason most people fear death.

The other reason is the death process which may be painful.

Remove these 2 factors, & most people will happily die. smiley

which stress,family that will forget you in the space of 1yrs..
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Eniolohunda: 2:59pm On Mar 17
You can start your heaven journey now since you are desperate about it and not afraid of death, let the people that want to live enjoy their life.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Kenneth4u205(m): 3:03pm On Mar 17
Mr proof. What proof do you have that people go to heaven when they die ?. You are just an ignorant nairalander. I've been in the occult world before becoming a Christian. Those in the occult world visit their demonic kingdom daily through astra projection and travel. Even witches travel each night. You don't need to die before you can visit your kingdom. I know your little mind can not comprehend that we are dual in nature.we exist here on earth and heaven at the same time
MN07:

You are the foolish one here.

Having no single iota of proof for all these nonsense you just spewed.

You are delusional and people like wouldn't know the truth until their time on expires.

Enjoy your delusional grandeur.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by VaginaAcademic: 3:06pm On Mar 17
They know in the deepest of their hearts that heaven is not a real place its just based on beliefs and faith grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Oova(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17
Kenneth4u205:
Foolish op . Death is not the only way to heaven. Every holy ghost filled Christian visit heaven daily in visions, trance and teleportation.while average Christians visit heaven daily in their dreams, although the forget on waking up .

Stop displaying your ignorance in public

What's wrong with you christians ? ... Person ask simple question, you say he's displaying ignorance ... So I can't ask a question I'm not clear about ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by membranus: 3:22pm On Mar 17
Because Heaven is not sure for anybody until you are actually granted entry.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Donald7610: 3:31pm On Mar 17
StraightGaay:
Thought he already did?
Only for himself

For all believers will be at last
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Fearurcreeator: 3:40pm On Mar 17
Arobaga:
Why do Muslims run away from a moving truck

Yet it the only way to gain 7 brand new virgins
Just look at you
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Fearurcreeator: 3:42pm On Mar 17
Arobaga:

Just look at you..
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by adams123: 3:45pm On Mar 17
michlins:
Because no one is sure of what happens after you close your eyes. All those talk about heaven and hell,no one is sure

Lol
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Uchesis: 3:49pm On Mar 17
Steep:
Death is not the way to heaven, it is Jesus Christ.
Death is an enemy, death came as a result of sin, and Jesus has defeated death by his death and resurrection so that anyone who believe would have everlasting life. Though when they die in the flesh but in spirit they would be with him and and at his coming he would raise them back to life.
So if somebody want to chook you knife for chest you won't mind abi?

Dey play
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Godseed: 3:49pm On Mar 17
Omooba77:
Why does most people fear death; yet the way to heaven?

I have since realised that two persons can use the same words but yet mean very different things.

What do you mean by 'fear' death?
If you mean do Christians, like other men, have fear of what lies beyond death? No genuinely born again believer is afraid of what lies beyond the grave. There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit Romans 8:1

If alternatively by fear of death you are thinking why don't Christians jump in the path of oncoming vehicles, the answers are even more straightforward. I will mention just two out of so many.

1. Do you realize that suicide is one of the most grievous sins anyone can commit against God? The God that commanded you not to kill your neighbour would not spare you if you took your own life. No heaven for the fearful and abominable. Whether you realize it or not, suicide is the most despicable form of cowardice.
2.. The uniform teaching of the Bible is that heaven is not just a place where we will float about in bliss. Heaven is a place of judgement for believers' works 1Corinthians 3:14-15. Our works will be evaluated and rewarded. Indeed some believers will suffer loss. By reason of being in Christ, these believers themselves will be saved but any work that does not stand the scrutiny of God's fire will be lost. Even in heaven, saints are not equal. I have a good secular job that pays my bills but I also pastor a church where I don't draw a penny as salary. Yet, my greatest fulfilment comes from watching people under my watch learn from God, grow in grace and have their lives transformed by God's power. You might find this impossible to believe but, if I have to choose between my secular job and pastoring, I will choose the latter. To live is Christ, to die is gain Philippians 1:21. If it's only in this life that we have hope, then of all men we are the most miserable 1Corinthians 15:19

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Benrosaria(m): 3:55pm On Mar 17
Because believing god is myth
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by obaidan: 3:56pm On Mar 17
What if the heaven and hell concept is already here on earth. Better do good to your neighbour and enjoy your life.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Pickieox(m): 4:02pm On Mar 17
oluwaseyi0:

Because they never believe in that heaven in the first place

They believe in US/UK/Canada hence they will fume if you tell them you are granting them a US visa but they should only come when they are 90+ of age

If you grant an average Nigerian Christian or Muslim visa to a better country today with grantee of good job, HMO, great health package, good and rent-free house and any/everything they dream of then ask them when they want to come they will tell you this month or latest next month

Why is this same urgency not applicable to heaven? Why go later why you can start enjoying now, why wait till your eyes are blurry, skin wrinkle, teeth almost falling off, six-pack gone, beauty faded and all the terrible experiences of staying alive happens to you

So in one statement, what do you mean?
And by the way, are you a freethinker?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Pinkybush: 4:10pm On Mar 17
Why do muslim fear death yet they want to receive 72 virgins from their imaginable prophet?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by oluwaseyi0: 4:10pm On Mar 17
Pickieox:

So in one statement, what do you mean?
And by the way, are you a freethinker?

I believe what I mean from my write up is very straightforward there is nothing to decode
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Krisdan(m): 4:11pm On Mar 17
Whobedatte:
Nobody wan die but dem wan go heaven .
In tuface voice
But on a lighter note , I think people's fear is the uncertainty there is truly a heaven in the first place
Yeah...4get religion must people no believe say heaven exist, dem just dey use religion convince demselfs
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Pinkybush: 4:12pm On Mar 17
This is the most senseless post I've read here since this site was launch.
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Pinkybush: 4:14pm On Mar 17
And you will see terrorist from Muslim wing coming to vomit trash
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Bluesearoll(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17
We only fear premature death, when you are old enough you will even pray for death to come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by Entusky(m): 4:31pm On Mar 17
Arobaga:

Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by GanagiBitrus: 4:39pm On Mar 17
eleniyan2020:
which stress,family that will forget you in the space of 1yrs..
So what's your own answer? Why do most people fear death?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by blueAgent(m): 4:50pm On Mar 17
uwakwekamubu:
I think is only those, that pay much attention to their human flesh are afraid of death.The soul enlightened ones ,only know that death is an illusion. we die to wake up. The soul never dies,it keeps on living till infinite.

Says who?

Are you the creator of the Soul, how do you know it never dies?
Re: Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? by blueAgent(m): 4:52pm On Mar 17
EmiloCorn:
Some people want to go to hell instead undecided

So to them, being in nigeria is enough cool no need to die again cheesy

But my oga is going to change that narrative wink

Highest within 8 years undecided

Clown.

You and your Oga dey bottomless pit already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Killed Mohammed: A Jewish Woman Or Aisha / 15 Hidden Secrets About The Illuminati You Must Know / Giving Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.