Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) (46158 Views)

"Ounje Eko" Food Markets Open Across Lagos From Sunday / Kaduna Rally: Atiku Arrives At Venue After Struggling Due To Large Crowd (Video) / COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by oyatz(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17
Odin13:
After 16 years of Yoruba people in power as President and Vice .. with another 8 years in view

This is all Yoruba can do .. in their mighty Lagos.. haba!!

Meanwhile they rest of yorubaland is flowing with chronic hunger and acute poverty..

Chai.

Wetin we know...

Bragging right ain’t no sophistication at all or abi sophistication is now measured in discount.

Leadership no be by noise and propaganda..

Reality hits.. e cast,

Make we no reach level say sophisticators go turn almajiris..

We no go carry plate beg

God abeg help Nigerians

Don't derail the thread.
If you don't want to buy from this market, you are free to buy food stuffs elsewhere.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by oyatz(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17
Kukutente23:
Good

But the first question is how sustainable this is? Will the states be buying food and selling at discounted price going forward? .

Secondly is that this is a distortion of the same market reforms Tinubu claimed to be carrying out. If you're creating a parallel market for goods, you are opening the market as a whole up for abuse and disruption in supply as the state certainly has more purchasing power than other marketers. A model closer home is the fuel subsidy that's being grappled with today.

The states and FG should instead invest in agriculture on a mechanised scale while giving food stamps to low income earners to augment their supplies.

Nigeria is Federation of States and all States aren't meant to be doing the same thing.

This programme is LASG policy. It doesn't affect production of food in Katsina, Delta or Ekiti States.

The LASG agency is buying foods directly from the producers in Ogun, Kwara, Niger States and selling it cheaply to residents of Lagos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by oyatz(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
In the past, Lagos, being a mini Nigeria would most likely have used a more cosmopolitan name for the initiative. Hence my comment.

Ounje Eko is local translation of 'Lagos foods'

In the past, you would hear of 'Eko Bridge, Baba kekere (water translation ferries), Ibile Holdings (Real Estate) etc

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by oyatz(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17
ZombiePUNISHER:

See how bad Nigeria has degenerated under Buhari and Tinubu..

Look at the fools queuing up under hot sun for supplies like its a war zone

Even people of Gaza can not be treated this way ..

Do the right thing in office
And everyone will feel your impact.

this is just mere window dressing

It Is NOT supplies.

It is a market. The people paid for the foods but at discounted rates.

You are used to disorderliness.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Max24: 3:24pm On Mar 17
Creative solutions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by chopnaira: 3:27pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
In the past, Lagos, being a mini Nigeria would most likely have used a more cosmopolitan name for the initiative. Hence my comment.

I care less who buy or doesn't buy.
Lol. So they should not speak Yoruba or name an initiative with Yoruba word in Yoruba people's Lagos again 😂

I am sure you are also pissed off at the Yoruba announcements on the blue line trains.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by oyatz(m): 3:29pm On Mar 17
Ofunaofu:
Nice one but Is this sustainable?

A government dishes out calamitous economic policies that have impoverished the common man, then turns around to provide palliatives that are in no way commensurate with the sufferings they have inflicted on the people. 

It is not palliative.

The Farmers supplying foods to these markets will be praying for the Gov't

The economic policies has advantages and disadvantages.
It is meant to stimulate greater local productivities and less reliance on foreign goods.

Instead of lamenting everyday on Social Media, Nigerians hardly discuss about solutions to their problems.

You should be thinking of better ways of producing foods and partnering with your State Government to supply foods to their residents like thus policy.

22 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by ElSudani: 3:32pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.

What exactly is wrong in using Yoruba when it is the first language of Lagosians?
You may argue English could be added for the sake of other Nigerians living there but you cannot fault the use of Yoruba.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Slytiger: 3:33pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
What the Bleep...
You ain't seen nothing yet. The era of liberalism is long gone.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Biodun556(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17
Odin13:
After 16 years of Yoruba people in power as President and Vice .. with another 8 years in view

Meanwhile they rest of yorubaland is flowing with chronic hunger and acute poverty..

Chai.

Wetin we know...

Bragging right ain’t no sophistication at all or abi sophistication is now measured in discount.

Reality hits.. e cast,

We no go carry plate beg

God abeg help Nigerians

Which state are you from let me check something

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by HeadNigga: 3:33pm On Mar 17
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kukutente23: 3:33pm On Mar 17
oyatz:

Nigeria is Federation of States and all States aren't meant to be doing the same thing.

This programme is LASG policy. It doesn't affect production of food in Katsina, Delta or Ekiti States.

The LASG agency is buying foods directly from the producers in Ogun, Kwara, Niger States and selling it cheaply to residents of Lagos.
You don't get it.

What becomes of the foods traders in Lagos

Have you sat all the states down and told them to focus on production and leave food subsidy for Lagos govt alone?

If we don't ramp up production but start subsidising food prices, we are starting another subsidy program that has a probability to balloon and years down the line, we'll be talking about why food subsidy is bad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 3:34pm On Mar 17
For how long this nonsense is going to last?
Nigeria is gone for good.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by FreedomArmy: 3:34pm On Mar 17
Another avenue to loot Lagos treasury through the back door

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Diligence: 3:34pm On Mar 17
This Ounje Eko kinda reminds us of IDP Camp!

We believe if Lagosians HV the least idea of how much Lagos State makes monthly & what they SHOULD be benefiting if the funds are judiciously used, they may just retire APC!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Oluyole74: 3:34pm On Mar 17
[quote author=LibertyRep post=128970180]

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
[/quewote] you claimed Lagos is no man's land

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by WhizdomXX(m): 3:35pm On Mar 17
Stfu. Tinubu has contested and he won.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Slytiger: 3:35pm On Mar 17
Biodun556:

Which state are you from let me check something
He is from the east.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Mbsuxces: 3:36pm On Mar 17
Slavery at it Peak, when we are not at War...
Emilokan no try...
Uncle Jonathan we miss you
Baba Yaradua R. I. P
Baba Obasanjo

Buhari and Emilokan
God go judge you for making necessity Luxury.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by omoredia: 3:36pm On Mar 17
Better for them. But i prefer a system where my handwork will count and not giving me handouts. My dignity is important.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by soccerlite: 3:36pm On Mar 17
How will this be sustainable?

Was there a war or natural disaster?

apc and giving stipends

Mediocre

But if this must happen, why not open a app and let people order online and get delivered to their places

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by ElSudani: 3:36pm On Mar 17
NorthernAgender:
Anyone can go there although I don't really understand your gibberish but seems sound tribalism.Im Hausa and went there get my food..Even the poster is your brother while many Yoruba still not aware that something like this was open.

God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Bitterkolatea4: 3:36pm On Mar 17
What has your governors who are non yorubas done in their respective states?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by rotadeco27: 3:37pm On Mar 17
Odin13:

Chai.

Wetin we know...

Reality hits.. e cast,

We no go carry plate beg

God abeg help Nigerians
We could see clearly how your supposed saviour you are trying hard to sell to Nigeria transformed Anambra to industrial hub of the nation and Dubai in his 8 miserable years he governed the state.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by WhizdomXX(m): 3:37pm On Mar 17
Jokes on you, Odin is a popular Arewa promoter on this platform.
Assume I'm lying and search this platform with the following keywords: "Tinubu must contest".

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by press9jatv: 3:37pm On Mar 17
Good program from Governor Sanwo Olu of Lagos State here, I hope other governors replicate it in their various States

9 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by WhizdomXX(m): 3:37pm On Mar 17
rotadeco27:

We could see clearly how your supposed saviour you are trying hard to sell to Nigeria transformed Anambra to industrial hub of the nation and Dubai in his 8 miserable years he governed the state.
That guy supported Atiku not Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 3:38pm On Mar 17
This is not a sustainable solution

Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Bluearrow: 3:38pm On Mar 17
I don't feel happy seeing people queue for food. These kind of things only happen in nations experiencing war.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by goaldynboy: 3:39pm On Mar 17
Tinibu's Nation Newspaper can never repent from their myopic lies and tribalism!

I am very sure non-Yorubas were not informed and allowed into this market!

The picture clearly shows that it's only yorubas that were informed and allowed into the Market.

But nation newspaper lied that they interviewed a non-existent Mrs Amaka to fool themselves!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Three Reasons Why NSA Sambo Dansuki Is Under Fire / Okuama Community In Delta State Set Ablaze Days After Soldiers Were Killed / 2023 Elections: 10 Serving, Ex-Governors Swept By Election Tsunami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.