Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,439 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) (46108 Views)

"Ounje Eko" Food Markets Open Across Lagos From Sunday / Kaduna Rally: Atiku Arrives At Venue After Struggling Due To Large Crowd (Video) / COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Villa12(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17
Terrahawk:
Meanwhile in the south East, they are digging up dead bodies of their relatives and selling it as nkwobi etc just like in Biafra, to survive the hardship.
you don chop? Hope say emilokan don give you appointment abi your destiny no like better thing like them too?
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 5:35pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
In the past, Lagos, being a mini Nigeria would most likely have used a more cosmopolitan name for the initiative. Hence my comment.

I care less who buy or doesn't buy.
Lagos is my native land. You dey cra$e? just asking.

Cosmopolitan oshi wo?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by northbird: 5:38pm On Mar 17
[quote author=omoredia post=128972688][/quote]

That's what you think. It's all about getting a good deal. Like I said, Bakeries that got those supplies will gladly give discounts. Because it means for 2 days, production is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Christlike01: 5:38pm On Mar 17
Isn't it strange that some village dwellers from a far away erosion ravaged land of cannibals are already complaining about the program's name - "Ounje Eko" in Yoruba land ?! These primitive beings don't know what time it is yet,walahi! Na bodi go tell una,e remain small!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by northbird: 5:42pm On Mar 17
Kukutente23:

Lol.
Do you mean the bakeries will prefer to sell at a loss simply because demand got bigger?

Not a loss. economies of scale. When you mass produce, you achieve a lower cost per unit of production .

6 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 5:43pm On Mar 17
omoredia:

Who pays for the difference? What we should understand is that in life nothing is really free the difference is either u know what u are paying or u don't.

Did you complain about the following:
subsidized petrol.
subsidized rail transport?

If not, shut da fvck up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Bosman17: 5:47pm On Mar 17
HUMANIIST:
Honestly, we have terrible and shameless leaders in Nigeria, sometimes I'm ashamed to be called a Nigerian.

You people are just pure evil… nothing is ever good enough for you… I live in the UK, some people queue for cheap or free food. Everything about Nigeria is bad to you… The situation we found ourselves is as a result of a systemic failure and it’s not a party thing… if Jonathan was so good, his petroleum minister won’t be on the run… security became worse under him compared to his predecessors… the reforms are attempts at salvaging a dead nation which is as a function of failed leadership since independence. But your wicked and evil hearts won’t see anything good about it. And most of you and your parents contributed to the mess also by being stupendously lazy and corrupt… from the civil servants to the police officers… everyone of you contributed to death of this nation…

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by iyababs: 5:47pm On Mar 17
This should have been pre packed.
press9jatv:
More pictures below
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 5:48pm On Mar 17
tollyboy5:

Lagos is my native land. You dey cra$e? just asking.

Cosmopolitan oshi wo?

Cosmopolitan is the new 'no man's land.'

Same sh1t different package.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by northbird: 5:48pm On Mar 17
I must commend LASG and Governor Sanwo olu for this initiative.
Even if the economy was blasting on 16 cylinders, we will still have people amongst us that won't be able to buy basic foodstuffs.

So kudos to them for recognising those real low income groups and offering them a way out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kukutente23: 5:49pm On Mar 17
northbird:

Not a loss. economies of scale. When you mass produce, you achieve a lower cost per unit of production .
You mean bakeries have not been mass producing?
So what about bakeries who don't get this "contract"? They die off abi

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Meti99(m): 5:51pm On Mar 17
JohnnA1:
Thoughtful and well organised!

Can't wait to see this replicated in Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, and Kwara states'.

South West, the BEST side!

God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless YORUBALAND!

RestructureNigeria#
All those Yoruba states you mentioned are not better in performance compared to places like Adamawa..Kebbi, Sokoto.
Only Lagos is a better place to be in Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Quebec91(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17
I tell you man
HUMANIIST:
shame on Nigerian leaders, they have failed in all ramifications.
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by omoredia: 5:53pm On Mar 17
AkinPhysicist:

Did you complain about the following:
subsidized petrol.
subsidized rail transport?

If not, shut da fvck up!

I did so u shut the f up

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Paramount01(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17
Kukutente23:
Good

But the first question is how sustainable this is? Will the states be buying food and selling at discounted price going forward? .

Secondly is that this is a distortion of the same market reforms Tinubu claimed to be carrying out. If you're creating a parallel market for goods, you are opening the market as a whole up for abuse and disruption in supply as the state certainly has more purchasing power than other marketers. A model closer home is the fuel subsidy that's being grappled with today.

The states and FG should instead invest in agriculture on a mechanised scale while giving food stamps to low income earners to augment their supplies.

This is to cushion the effect of subsidy, I. Think is a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by chopnaira: 5:56pm On Mar 17
Meti99:

All those Yoruba states you mentioned are not better in performance compared to places like Adamawa..Kebbi, Sokoto.
Yet Some people from across east of the Niger river keep rushing into SW region in their large numbers. So much their homeland has become barren.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by northbird: 5:57pm On Mar 17
Kukutente23:

You mean bakeries have not been mass producing?
So what about bakeries who don't get this "contract"? They die off abi

Most bakeries produce with a quota. Because most supermarkets will buy on SOR .. but this is guaranteed revenue. Which will make the bakery owner be at ease ( to pay staff, settle suppliers etc)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by chopnaira: 5:58pm On Mar 17
omoredia:

Who pays for the difference? What we should understand is that in life nothing is really free the difference is either u know what u are paying or u don't.
Go and read up economy for scale. This is very basic economics.

2 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by JohnnA1: 5:59pm On Mar 17
Meti99:

God bless YORUBALAND.
Amen!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Hopez456(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17
To everyone interested.

I think this is commendable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by omoredia: 6:05pm On Mar 17
chopnaira:

Go and read up economy for scale. This is very basic economics.

If it was by this Tinubu will have transformed this country. Nigeria doesn't follow basic economics cos their are other things that are not captured. Lagos state govt will not do what will not translate to votes and tax revenue. It's all a trap
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by soccerlite: 6:07pm On Mar 17
Bitterkolatea4:
it's no mediocre, before the lybia disaster, i was in lybia and places like this are were my boss gets his stuffs.
It happens in America and other developed climes.
Are you sure you know whatcha talking about?

afi lybia
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Mandate1: 6:08pm On Mar 17
oyatz:

Don't derail the thread.
If you don't want to buy from this market, you are free to buy food stuffs elsewhere.
ain't you ashamed putting this up? This initiative is an insult to Nigerians. We should be able to afford food, not this mediocre.
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kusu12: 6:08pm On Mar 17
Losers have started wailing as usual since the project is not from their messiah. Even in USA and many countries they have food stamp.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by HBB1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 17
AkinPhysicist:

Cosmopolitan is the new 'no man's land.'

Same sh1t different package.

Awon ashiere gbogbo!

Cosmopolitan my arse!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by HBB1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17
Meti99:

Ogun and Oyo are not better in perfomance?

It is evident hate has screwed your brain!

cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Lifestone(m): 6:14pm On Mar 17
HUMANIIST:
Honestly, we have terrible and shameless leaders in Nigeria, sometimes I'm ashamed to be called a Nigerian.
Return your citizenship. The reforms that's going on is long overdue. This market is an intervention to alleviate the pains of the reforms. Someone said Government should invest in Agriculture, yes, but what will people eat before the next harvest season?
All State government should emulate this. Investment, input supplies and incentives should continue in the Agriculture sector like the Niger state government is doing now and in a year to come things will get better
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by chopnaira: 6:15pm On Mar 17
johnjose68:

Did I hear Mrs Amaka
Yup. You did grin
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Igbek76: 6:23pm On Mar 17
HUMANIIST:

You are ignorant!
There are social security and food stamps everywhere in the western world.
Stop been a fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Jayhome24: 6:23pm On Mar 17
HUMANIIST:

Go and buy food and eat and stop crying.

You anger now is it all SW initiative but had it be this happened in Onitsha or Nnewi you will say oh Igbo amaka then the next we will hear is Gringory did it.

Nnwanem stop lamenting life goes on plus you minus you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kukutente23: 6:23pm On Mar 17
northbird:

Most bakeries produce with a quota. Because most supermarkets will buy on SOR .. but this is guaranteed revenue. Which will make the bakery owner be at ease ( to pay staff, settle suppliers etc)
So you mean bakeries don't mass produce or have guaranteed market before now

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kukutente23: 6:24pm On Mar 17
Paramount01:

This is to cushion the effect of subsidy, I. Think is a welcome development.
I'm aware
We're cushioning the effect of subsidy with another subsidy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / Abike Dabiri Reacts As Nigerians Rob Bureau De Change, 2 Days After Arriving UAE / Man Mobilizes His Ward For Peter Obi in Delta State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.