Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) (46137 Views)

"Ounje Eko" Food Markets Open Across Lagos From Sunday / Kaduna Rally: Atiku Arrives At Venue After Struggling Due To Large Crowd (Video) / COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Uncletony(m): 4:50pm On Mar 17
War torn isn't as bad!
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Diligence: 4:50pm On Mar 17
U see guz: Govt in this kinda business is baad!

U say no be palliative, you say no be subsidy, abeg na who dey pay the difference (called percentage discounted). And how many billions (₦) State Govt go say dem use do discounts?

Stealing get many strategies. The only ones fooled here are the masses; the irony Na still your money dem go use punish you & ask you to commend them & smile!

See suffering, See Stampede, See insensitivity on a Sunday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:51pm On Mar 17
enemyofprogress:
Omo, hunger bad o. Folake4u, funkybabee, Sweetplum, odefagirl, Dpen11, Midehi3, Holluwhakemmy, iyangbali, mannabbqgrils, enemyofpeace and Mynd44 were all there.
Nothing bad in it if we were all there but unfortunately for you I'm I'm my room because I'm strong
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by finni(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17
One major advantage of this initiative is that it will force the greedy market women and men to reverse back to reasonable prices.
Kukutente23:
Good

But the first question is how sustainable this is? Will the states be buying food and selling at discounted price going forward? .

Secondly is that this is a distortion of the same market reforms Tinubu claimed to be carrying out. If you're creating a parallel market for goods, you are opening the market as a whole up for abuse and disruption in supply as the state certainly has more purchasing power than other marketers. A model closer home is the fuel subsidy that's being grappled with today.

The states and FG should instead invest in agriculture on a mechanised scale while giving food stamps to low income earners to augment their supplies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by northbird: 4:55pm On Mar 17
It's a good initiative, if it is sustained, it can stabilise food prices across Lagos markets.
Recently Noodles carton was sold @ 18000, then it dropped sharply to 14000.

I know this is the handwork of wholesalers who hide under the guise of dollar fx to arbitrarily fix prices.
If LASG sustains the tempo for @ least 2 months, I'm sure prices of basic foodstuff will stabilise.

As a household under budget, why do you have to feed children with noodles when there are cheaper and better alternatives ( beans ,bread and rice) provided by LASG .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by kaywhy09(m): 4:57pm On Mar 17
Eko o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by ud4u: 4:57pm On Mar 17
Jokes of a season, it is only in this APC regime that food becomes a big problem in Nigeria to the extent people died the other time custom were auctioning ceased rice.

What a shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by LockDown69(m): 5:01pm On Mar 17
Them go still add money sell am for hood. grin 😁
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by spiSeyi: 5:04pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
In the past, Lagos, being a mini Nigeria would most likely have used a more cosmopolitan name for the initiative. Hence my comment.
It's now a crime to speak Yoruba in Yoruba land, wonders of the centurygrin grin

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Terrahawk: 5:05pm On Mar 17
God bless yorubaland. Onwards and upwards

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by omoredia: 5:08pm On Mar 17
chopnaira:

It's not handouts. They are buying at 25% discount.

Who pays for the difference? What we should understand is that in life nothing is really free the difference is either u know what u are paying or u don't.

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by chigo32: 5:08pm On Mar 17
Common food is scarce in ds country, any government dat can't make food to be available to it citizens has failed as a government
Villa12:
your useless leaders has a mission, which is to improvished the people. Sadly, they've achieved their mission and the next is to throw food at them like almajiri at the IDP camp or like those in the war

2 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Never4getU: 5:18pm On Mar 17
press9jatv:
Ounje Eko!

Mammoth crowds as Lagos discounted food markets begin sales:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/X5cxfRx9cUrinkLo/?mibextid=WC7FNe

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-mammoth-crowd-as-lagos-discounted-food-markets-commence-sales/

Now Obidients and igbos will flood these food market from APC govt yet non of their states govs could reason in this line yet they come online to rant.

Is the Igbo feeling the hardship too cos I don't know why I red one amaka appreciating Lagos govt .

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Christlike01: 5:18pm On Mar 17
#Yorubafirst.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by northbird: 5:19pm On Mar 17
omoredia:

Who pays for the difference? What we should understand is that in life nothing is really free the difference is either u know what u are paying or u don't.

Not necessarily paying the difference. For instance a big loaf of bread hovers around 1000-1200. Some even sell 950 naira.

So if LASG meets bakeries and says OK we need 10,000 loaves every Sunday and we need a discount. I'm sure a lot of bakeries would rather bake @ even 900 naira/loaf for 10,000 units than wait to bake 500 units @ 1 000/loaf

It's a win for all the parties( LASG, bakeries and the residents of Lagos)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kukutente23: 5:20pm On Mar 17
finni:
One major advantage of this initiative is that it will force the greedy market women and men to reverse back to reasonable prices.
So what's reasonable price?
The price set by the State govt?
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by tamdun: 5:20pm On Mar 17
decatalyst:

How is this initiative a "Yoruba" thing?
Na envy dey worry am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Terrahawk: 5:20pm On Mar 17
Meanwhile in the south East, they are digging up dead bodies of their relatives and selling it as nkwobi etc just like in Biafra, to survive the hardship.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Kukutente23: 5:21pm On Mar 17
northbird:

Not necessarily paying the difference. For instance a big loaf of bread hovers around 1000-1200. Some even sell 950 naira.

So if LASG meets bakeries and says OK we need 10,000 loaves every Sunday and we need a discount. I'm sure a lot of bakeries would rather bake @ even 900 naira/loaf for 10,000 units than wait to bake 500 units @ 1 000/loaf

Lol.
Do you mean the bakeries will prefer to sell at a loss simply because demand got bigger?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by HBB1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17
JohnnA1:
And will NEVER be the same.

YorubaFirst#

Yoruba mumu don do...

Never again!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Octopusssy(f): 5:23pm On Mar 17
Knowing my fellow Nigerians, they will go there, buy and resell at the ridiculous prices that are currently prevailing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by omoredia: 5:23pm On Mar 17
northbird:

Who will sell at a discount to a govt that is getting federal allocation for free? Think nah. Lagos gets more money than it can think of what to do with.

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17
Where are all these food items coming from?

They can't tell me there is no food in this country.
People are taking food to sell outside the country

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 5:24pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:

The name 'Ounje Eko'.
In the past, Lagos, being a mini Nigeria would most likely have used a more cosmopolitan name for the initiative. Hence my comment.
sighhs them use tribalism swear for you.the lasg is making efforts to reduce hunger but you must always bring tribalism into it.jeez

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by NoToPile: 5:27pm On Mar 17
They first said it's a scam

Now they are saying people queuing are queuing like IDP.

As they are orderly like this and no stampede some are not happy as no bad news to make headlines

People that have taken advantage of the 25percent off have taken advantage, at least they can day govt did something for them even if it's small.

If you are not going the buy the subsidized stuff leave those who will abi.

Tatata chochocho wail and wail on what you are not interested in.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by do4luv14(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17
NorthernAgender:
No lagosians wouldn't understand that simple sentence you can't dictate to the owner .

I don't even understand what it means, even walked pass a banner bearing such name without giving it a second thought
Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Villa12(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17
tamdun:

Na envy dey worry am
who dey envy hardship abi na hunger? Who dey envy POVERTY? See as people line up for food like almajiri for IDP camp. Even for warzone e no worst like this

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17
NorthernAgender:
Anyone can go there although I don't really understand your gibberish but seems sound tribalism.Im Hausa and went there get my food..Even the poster is your brother while many Yoruba still not aware that something like this was open.

Don't mind that fool. Lagos is their target. We own Lagos, we ain't sharing with anyone its ownership. If no none Igbo can go to Anambra and buy a plot of Land, you can't come to Lagos and say you own it alongside the Yorubas.

That's how they went to Kano and expect to force a change in the northern society to accommodate their whims and greed. Trust my norther neighbors, gave them a lesson they will never forget. Such rubbish has not been tried again.

Kano is not a No man's land, it belongs to the Hausa/Fulani north, but they welcome with open arms everyone to do business live and thrive.

Lagos is not a No man's land, it belongs to the Yoruba West, but they welcome with open arms everyone to come and do business, live and thrive.

Awka is not a No man's land, it belongs to the Igbos of east, but they don't welcome everyone to come live, do business and thrive, their is a limitation to what you can own or aspire to. Yet, they go to the North and West and expect to own what they refused foreigners in their own land.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by ElSudani: 5:29pm On Mar 17
northbird:

Please tell them, I see crates of eggs in the picture. I can assure you that some people will make serious money by supplying the state government at reasonable prices.
The only losers in this arrangement are people who horde and then arbitrarily increase the prices of food for no reason.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by Villa12(m): 5:29pm On Mar 17
NoToPile:
They first said it's a scam

Now they are saying people queuing are queuing like IDP.

As they are orderly like this and no stampede some are not happy as no bad news to make headlines

People that have taken advantage of the 25percent off have taken advantage, at least they can day govt did something for them even if it's small.

If you are not going the buy the subsidized stuff leave those who will abi.

Tatata chochocho wail and wail on what you are not interested in.

subsidise POVERTY grin

1 Like

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 5:30pm On Mar 17
LibertyRep:
The name 'Ounje Eko'.

Lagos is a Yoruba state. That's why.

4 Likes

Re: Ounje Eko: Large Crowd As Lagos Discounted Food Markets Begin Sales (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 5:31pm On Mar 17
Octopusssy:
Knowing my fellow Nigerians, they will go there, buy and resell at the ridiculous prices that are currently prevailing.
Exactly. Later this same despicable humans will call our politicians wicked, when they're no different from them, if/when given the opportunity.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"The Last Thing Nnamdi Kanu Told Me" – Ejiofor, IPOB Lawyer / Onyekachi Nwebonyi: Ebonyi Commissioner Pours Woman's Food Away / Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.