Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko (14800 Views)

Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency / Kwamoti Laori: Each Rep Gets N100m For Constituency Project / SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Jamiubond009(m): 7:41am On Mar 18
grin
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Jandminded: 7:44am On Mar 18
The people that asks us to endure, while the Government borrows and share amongst themselves, how do you feel?
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Ken5566: 7:45am On Mar 18
Criminal gang, led by the drug baron, have taken over the Nigeria treasury.

Election has consequences and we are in for it.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Laple0541(m): 7:54am On Mar 18
And what did you do with the money?

To marry a virgin I guess!

Kwantinue
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by GreatrAnalyst: 8:00am On Mar 18
Is04970:
The problem isn't Akpabio or Tinubu but the Nigeria constitution.

You are partly right,
Laws of every land has a little grey area or where it can be exploited and this is why constitution is reviewed and amended over time, the reason why you can't exonerate Akpabio, Tinubu or thieving politicians is because they use the frailties in Constitution to rob people silly.
They are not without fault.

For instance, we keep hearing that constitution doesn't make provision for the office of the first lady, but why do they keep allocating heavy budgets for those offices at the state levels for instance? Because they know that money for some projects can be converted or even allocated to it, added to the budget straight up, they know that the judiciary is as weak as water, no one can do anything about it.

Great is the rot in the system
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Yankee101: 8:01am On Mar 18
Thieves
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by ochiosa(m): 8:16am On Mar 18
With all these monies allocated, If all the members of our national assembly do some little infrastructural projects in their constituencies the governors job would have been reduced by half.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Franking: 8:17am On Mar 18
The corruption in the senate reeks to high heavens.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by patrickcollins: 8:23am On Mar 18
Tjra:
We all see what Gbaja did with his own.

Ned, do something for your constituency. Let your community feel you.
They have no business being handed the money to cos they are all criminals, why can't they liase with the minister of finance to release the money to the contractors handling the projects but they will still steal the money
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by patrickcollins: 8:25am On Mar 18
CannibalTorment:
He got it for constituency projects but people that their candidate failed woefully has started crying
He has no business being handed money Nigeria is a failed country

1 Like

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by patrickcollins: 8:27am On Mar 18
Guyfawkes2:
Imagine... why exactly are law makers carrying out projects? Their job is ro make laws and represent the interest of their constituents at the senate, not to be carrying out projects
They have turned Julius Berger
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Willed042(m): 8:43am On Mar 18
Is04970:
You guys should stop saying trash in defense of political inclination. Who makes the constitution, humans or robots. What stops progressive leader at the assumption of office to pick a copy of the constitution, look for the lope holes and make necessarily amendment. It is a corrupt leader that would lean on the bad constitution to govern its people. With your submissions then u quit agree that the present leaders are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Anunakeeh: 8:45am On Mar 18
Arobaga:
Use am marry more virgins

Na only God know wetin u dey use virgins blood do

Na hin own Ritual Package be that.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by inegbedion30210: 8:47am On Mar 18
Imagine... why exactly are law makers carrying out projects? Their job is ro make laws and represent the interest of their constituents at the senate, not to be carrying out projectsImagine... why exactly are law makers carrying out projects? Their job is ro make laws and represent the interest of their constituents at the senate, not to be carrying out projects...
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Judolisco(m): 8:49am On Mar 18
Tjra:
We all see what Gbaja did with his own.

Ned, do something for your constituency. Let your community feel you.
lol..d community never ready... E go use am marry another virgin
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Cmeo(m): 8:53am On Mar 18
These are the people that didn't allow the dividends of democracy to go round equally, thus the major problem of Nigeria.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by bitbillionaire: 8:55am On Mar 18
I like his honesty and straightforwardness. It's now left for his people who voted him to make him account for the billion he collected by showing them what project he did with the money, otherwise he lose re-election.

For those of you saying Ned will use the money to marry fresh virgin, I think you are wrong. Mr. Ned Nwoko is one politician I believe join politics just to serve his people and make impact on his community, rather than to make money for himself. He already has the money to marry all the virgins in the world if he wants to. He doesn't need the constituency project money to do that. Let's learn how to read character well.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by frog12: 9:00am On Mar 18
Projects for his people?
What is his take?
These projects is pocket money for these senators
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by frog12: 9:01am On Mar 18
Rubbish. Yansh don open

bitbillionaire:
I like his honesty and straightforwardness. It's now left for his people who voted him to make him account for the billion he collected by showing them what project he did with the money, otherwise he lose re-election.

For those of you saying Ned will use the money to marry fresh virgin, I think you are wrong. Mr. Ned Nwoko is one politician I believe join politics just to serve his people and make impact on his community and rather than to make money for himself. He already has the money to marry all the virgins in the world if he wants to. He doesn't need the constituency project money to do that. Let's learn how to read character well.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Bluntemperor: 9:05am On Mar 18
Is04970:

It's shameful,for a Senator like Ned Nwoko,to be boasting that he got 1NBillion because he has to do a lot of Constituency Projects,on whose Accounts?
How can a man like this be talking anything,just because he has money?
•ALL Money collected by the Senators should and Must be returned to the Federation Accounts,for they got over •N15 Millions Monthly and
•the House of Reps over N10M- for doing NOTHING.
•they should save from their Salaries and Allowances to Fund their Constituency Projects - for their Areas.
• It's a Criminal Offence - for the Legislatures to be tampering with the Executive Budgets by Inflating it for their Selfishness, Not for the Masses,the Youths,etc.
A Big Shame indeed!
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by HRMK: 9:07am On Mar 18
how come a single senator could get #1bn for projects while some got #500m or even less?
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Gbogbowa: 9:44am On Mar 18
A project like street light at 193 Millions each God will punish all of you in Jesus name
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by okorogodwin4(m): 9:49am On Mar 18
CannibalTorment:
He got it for constituency projects but people that their candidate failed woefully has started crying
shut up your smelly mouth
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Procashtips(m): 9:54am On Mar 18
20% of this money is going into his pocket.

Then the rest is looted by whoever he puts in charge of "wasting" them.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Freebills12: 10:19am On Mar 18
The govt removed the only dividend the masses gained from them... Fuel subsidy, some fools were in support of them because the man at the helm of affair is from their tribe/party member. How far? The money realized from the subsidy is judiciously shared among themselves.
How far about the $10 million that will be realized from the subsidy each month? Nigerians grow above tribal/political affiliation.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by ufotunang: 10:59am On Mar 18
That is why he has many wives...this is the money you used to marry many wives and more wives to be married loading... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by effido666: 11:11am On Mar 18
No just Regina....very soon u will hear him making move to marry another wife....stupid ugly man
GOFRONT:
Regina is the Constituency project.......

We are patiently waiting Inshallah
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Minime10(f): 1:00pm On Mar 18
GOFRONT:
Regina is the Constituency project.......

We are patiently waiting Inshallah

Come enter heaven nah, mek I see where u wan from pass🙄
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by KingRoiz: 3:09pm On Mar 18
Now where are those jungle justice warriors See you people's project here o
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by omoyankee3(m): 3:32pm On Mar 18
1 billion to dig Regina's borehole
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by BondRiv: 5:11pm On Mar 18
No wonder Nigeria is still underdeveloped. Tell me what he has done with that money. People who should not be in elected offices. They sit down there and share our money as they please. Pity!
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Obiwank: 6:13pm On Mar 18
Guyfawkes2:
my point exactly. Why are law makers carrying out projects ? That's the job of the president, governor or lga chairman.

You guys are completely right. I have been partly following the story on this National Assembly allocations (I bet it's not just the Senate that received allocations) and it is clear that Nigerians do not understand how things should work. The Executive arm at every level is supposed to implement laws including including executing projects passed by the National Assembly as part of the budget or other fiscal bills.

In the US, senators and reps that "bring back the bacon" as it is called work with the local executives and identify projects and lobby to get them tacked on to appropriation bills. Then it gets executed at the local level with a lot credit to the rep or Senator (including naming rights). Sometimes these are useless projects - examples abound in the US.

It is so sad to hear how this is talked about in Nigeria and some of the commentary by people who have no clue on how things should work. As described, this is a corrupt process, pure and simple.

I hope President Tinubu would empower the budget director to pay special attention to this to prevent future occurrence and also use executive powers to not prioritize these undetailed parts of the current budget.

Nigeria really needs help but unfortunately, the leadership we have is a reflection of the people that we are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Thugs Attack & Brutalise APC Members In Ejigbo,Osun State(pics) / Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki / Atiku: Power To Change Nigeria Does Not Lie In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.