Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform (19301 Views)

Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained / Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / ABCON: Bureaux De Change Tell FG To Ban Binance To Save Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Anunakeeh: 2:17pm On Mar 18
Blitzerz:

Na so.
End budget padding first

😂😂😂

Hehehe people wey their house dey burn con dey chase rats for outside upandan.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by ivolt: 2:18pm On Mar 18
How will they enforce this?
Binance won't hand over data of all Nigerians to the government and risk
being sued by Nigerian residents in EU and US.
Or even was face sanctions for violating data privacy regulations.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by louken(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18
Funny and interesting
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by nedu666: 2:19pm On Mar 18
Unfortunately for fed govt binance is not registered to do business in Nigeria and part of their terms and conditions is that they will not reveal your details. Binance will challenge this in court and drag the case or ignore the fed govt

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by mmadu4: 2:23pm On Mar 18
madridguy:
Yes, Allah blessed me with a loving mother.

Are you a product of baby factory ?

GOOD you will weep for her soon
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 2:26pm On Mar 18
xtimconsult:

Which Court... His it the one that has been politicize... They play .. go and read Binance term of operations... They can't give out third party information...

And this is not a Nigerian bank... I just dey laugh...

You are a baby. Court can compel any company to disclose its customers details. This kind of situations is one of the reasons that DUTY OF SECRECY can be set aside.

Where Binance is trying to defend itself in a court of law, it reserves the right to disclose its customers’ details.
The same rule is applicable in Banking.

If Binance likes, let it appeal to the Supreme Court, it would still be asked to disclose it.
In that wise, no customer can sue Binance

You can ask any lawyer what I have just typed or ask any seasoned banker who read banking o. Not all those who read Woodwork and are working in banks o.

Go and read the Terms of Agreements you clicked on when you were opening your Binance account. I am sure nobody borders to read those long and tiny words. We just click on … I have read and agreed….

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by xtimconsult(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

You are a baby. Court can compel any company to disclose its customers details. This kind of situations is one of the reasons that DUTY OF SECRECY can be set aside.

Where Binance is trying to defend itself in a court of law, it reserves the right to disclose its customers’ details.

If Binance likes, let it appeal to the Supreme Court, it would still be asked to disclose it.

You can ask any lawyer what I have just typed or ask any seasoned banker who read banking o. Not all those who read Woodwork and are working in banks o.

Go and read the Terms of Agreements you clicked on when you were opening your Binance account. I am sure nobody borders to read those long and tiny words. We just click on … I have read and agreed….

Is it own by a Nigerian.... They will never do so... Instead they closed there operations in Nigeria and boys go us VPN run map... They play...

Even USA government can't go for this blind case Nigeria government is going for... What the government was to do is make the country digital policy work... Why they work on eNaira the buhari administration launch...

US had usdt, .... But nop they like doing things wrong

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 2:33pm On Mar 18
addictiv:
Binance execs are not fools, they won't release anything. If they do, that's the end of the company. Customers from other countries will dump them because they will be weary the same can be applied to them if their respective countries request for their identities. Plus the lawsuits the will arise from those whose names were made public might bankrupt them. However if they say No to Nigerias request, they will retain customers confidence and possibly earn more profits globally and increased market share amongst competing exchanges.

It would be released to the court and any other complainant joined in the suit. Not to you and I.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Oshin56(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18
Franzinni:
NIA that I was told train thier agents by watching Jack Bauer in the hit series 24 😂😂😂
fear God now which one be this?

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by kamtamark(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18
What if Binance release the top 100, and all of them team up and sue binance for bridge of privacy?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by bobbybrown007: 2:37pm On Mar 18
Mynd44:
Nigeria asked Binance to give it the top 100 users, Binace decided to hide behind personal security which they are right now. Now the court has ordered them to release a comprehensive list of every Nigerian there.

Everyone who has used Binace will now have their details and transaction history sent to the FG.
it won't happen, because the profile of the individual are always protected. Once they do it, they will be sued and also they will pay fine that might be running into billions.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 2:38pm On Mar 18
xtimconsult:

Is it own by a Nigerian.... They will never do so... Instead they closed there operations in Nigeria and boys go us VPN run map... They play...

Even USA government can't go for this blind case Nigeria government is going for... What the government was to do is make the country digital policy work... Why they work on eNaira the buhari administration launch...

US had usdt, .... But nop they like doing things wrong

Binance is registered in Nigeria. That’s why it’s allowed to trade in Nigeria and that’s why our government was able to arrest and detain its executives.

Every other things you type here, I am not interested in it but just to point out to you that Binance can be arrested.

You can’t teach your government how to make any policy work. If you are the best for the job, you would have been called.

I know you are still young and could not comprehend how things work at higher level, that’s why you commented that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by kamtamark(m): 2:38pm On Mar 18
If 1 person can bring the whole country down, then imagine what 100 people can do to Binance.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by bodmas119(m): 2:39pm On Mar 18
Olopa mako everybody
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Noblex2011(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18
My only advice for you is just rest
Yeye
FreeStuffsNG:
The Nigerian authorities last Tuesday asked Binance to share data on its 100 top users in Nigeria for possible probe and charge. But the company kept mum on this request.

O ti zeh. They will sing like canary las las or pay that huge fine of $10 billion to the Nigerian government. They will not eat their cake and have it.

They were doing eye-service cosmetic shallow kyc while permitting terrorists, economic saboteurs and money laundering and criminal forex manipulators to roam free on their platform so they can keep taking their own cuts from the illicit transactions despite warnings from the Federal Government of Nigeria. We will get the list and they will still pay fine!

It is obvious that they don't know Mallam Ribadu, he will show them shege!

Fine slammed on MTN by FGN will be a child's play compared to their own at the end of the day. They have allowed people with bad luck to jinx them same way these hate-filled unpatriotic elements did to Twitter and any politician they support.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by DestinyNigga: 2:43pm On Mar 18
Me wey get 5k there, hope dey no go catch me 😂😂😂Make I quickly run go hide for our village bush 😂😂😂
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by FireUpNow(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18
Las las na the fine of $10millio abi billion FG wants to collect
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by clems88(m): 2:44pm On Mar 18
Jobless government. When they have their padded budget to treat

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Nigeriakan: 2:44pm On Mar 18
mmadu4:
see this stupid government. busy fighting senseless fight while the real fight is still waiting to be fought..

they need to wake up and tackle hardship . insecurity . electricity and so many more challenges in Nigeria,
binance is not our problem now .

this government stupid eh. i wish i can just cast a spell on all of them to drop dead and die

The joke is actually on you, and it's rather unfortunate that you don't see it.

The Govt must have perceived that terrorists used the platform for funds transactions. The top 100 people need to be investigated. QED.

IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH THAT, RELOCATE TO NIGER REPUBLIC

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Noblex2011(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18
Which court are you talking about? Nigeria courts or international courts.
I don't know if truly some of you guys are being paid by the government to defend them on different social media networks.
Rest
VanuatuWycombe:

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by clems88(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18
DestinyNigga:
Me wey get 5k there, hope dey no go catch me 😂😂😂Make I quickly run go hide for our village bush 😂😂😂
Omo Na to follow you hide o 😂😁
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by rolams(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18
Is Binance a registered company in Nigeria? Do they have office in this country?

What China cannot do, can Nigeria do it?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by addictiv(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

It would be released to the court and any other complainant joined in the suit. Not to you and I.
Even if it was requested by the SCN, it is not in the company's interest to release any data of its top 100 users in a country. This is not a case of terrorism or homicide where names of suspects on a platform are being requested by law enforcement. The situation surrounding the Nigerian Governments request goes against everything that Binance and Crypto stands for.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by fuck419: 2:52pm On Mar 18
CountinBlessins:

You have a habit of commenting even when it is obvious you don't fully grasp the topic.
Why not keep quiet let those who are well educated and have a proper understanding comment ?

Have you ever seen a short man admitting that he's short?
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 2:53pm On Mar 18
Noblex2011:
Which court are you talking about? Nigeria courts or international courts.
I don't know if truly some of you guys are being paid by the government to defend them on different social media networks.
Rest

Nigerian courts.

Lots of you don’t read at all. You are only full of social media and skits.

https://trustedadvisorslaw.com/responsibilities-of-a-bank-to-its-customers-in-nigeria/?utm_source=mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_term=finance-and-banking&utm_content=articleoriginal&utm_campaign=article

https://banwo-ighodalo.com/grey-matter/ndpr-can-commercial-banks-release-the-personal-data-of-defaulters-of-pta-bta-guidelines-on-its-website-as-directed-by-the-cbn

Read so much and check what is said in Practice of Banking too. Ask chartered bankers too. Ask lawyers. Not all this dropout house agent lawyers o. Correct lawyers.
Read CAMA and relevant Nigerian Banking Act.

Attached is what Banwo & Ighodalo, a legal luminary law firm said about Duty of Secrecy.

Even fact-check with Femi Falana, Olisa-Agbakoba, Keyamo etc. They all know this.

A first year student of Law or Banking even knows this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Noblex2011(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18
Dey there hmmm
VanuatuWycombe:

Nigerian courts.

Lots of you don’t read at all. You are only full of social media and skits.

https://trustedadvisorslaw.com/responsibilities-of-a-bank-to-its-customers-in-nigeria/?utm_source=mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_term=finance-and-banking&utm_content=articleoriginal&utm_campaign=article

https://banwo-ighodalo.com/grey-matter/ndpr-can-commercial-banks-release-the-personal-data-of-defaulters-of-pta-bta-guidelines-on-its-website-as-directed-by-the-cbn

Read so much and check what is said in Practice of Banking too. Ask chartered bankers too. Ask layers. Not all this dropout house agent lawyers o. Correct lawyers.
Read CAMA and relevant Nigerian Banking Act.

Attached is what Banwo & Ighodalo, a legal luminary law firm said about Duty of Secrecy.

Even fact-check with Femi Falana, Olisa-Agbakoba, Keyamo etc. They all know this.

A first year student of Law or Banking even knows this.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Omoapena(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18
I've not accessed my binance account for over 2years now, and I have about 500+ XRP there. will I still have access to my money?
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Elliotwaveforec: 2:58pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

Thank you jare! No mind those illiterate crypto traders! I no blame them sha, most of them are yahooboys who cash out through cryptos.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 2:59pm On Mar 18
addictiv:

Even if it was requested by the SCN, it is not in the company's interest to release any data of its top 100 users in a country. This is not a case of terrorism or homicide where names of suspects on a platform are being requested by law enforcement. The situation surrounding the Nigerian Governments request goes against everything that Binance and Crypto stands for.

Check my other comments. Once a court of law has compelled a defendant or complainants to disclose certain info about its customers, as required by law of the land, no going back.
It’s not only when you suspect terrorism funding that you request a bank or Binance to disclose this info.
Check all Nigerian laws. It’s there.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by rolams(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18
Exousiang01:

Ignorance is a crazy thing.

So you don't know that if they are not registered to do business here it would actually be worse for them.
They only reason why they are being handled like this is they followed the due process of doing business here, else they would have been treated terribly....

You don't know anything about cryptocurrency or online business.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by rolams(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18
Omoapena:
I've not accessed my binance account for over 2years now, and I have about 500+ XRP there. will I still have access to my money?

100 percent.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by WhiteWood: 3:02pm On Mar 18
CountinBlessins:

You have a habit of commenting even when it is obvious you don't fully grasp the topic.
Why not keep quiet let those who are well educated and have a proper understanding comment ?

Na he way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates Further At Parallel Market- ( pic) / What Business Can I Start With Eighty Thousand Naira Please! / Does Any Bank Grant Student Loan In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.