Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform (19337 Views)

Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained / Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / ABCON: Bureaux De Change Tell FG To Ban Binance To Save Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Bayajjidda: 4:01pm On Mar 18
Alliswell248:

Dey play...when US sack the CEO and ordered his arrest and even fined Binance....u never said this....we know you.
Emergency lovers of Nigeria. U can't disappoint.
UN cant dictate to Nigeria.

US never asked them to disclose any collected personal data from their client. It is against the UN human right rule. Point me to where US asked Binance to disclose any data collected from their customers.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lrman(m): 4:02pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

Show us proof. You expect to see it registered as BINANCE.

Sit down there. You are all babies. Check if HENKEL was registered as HENKEL in Nigeria. Check if JTI was registered at JTI in Nigeria. Check if Etisalat or 9mobile was registered at Etisalat or 9mobile.
Check if Airtel was registered as Airtel in Nigeria. The list is endless.

When companies are finding it difficult to expand or break into a market, they use all means of business expansions to get into such company. One of it could be joint venture. It could be via franchise, it could be by merger or acquisition.

Binance acquired/invested a cryptocurrency trading company in Nigeria. That’s the company where those arrested directors work.

Dindinrin ni gbogbo yin. Your parents only wasted money on your education.
Binance is only using its brand name to trade in Nigeria. It never registered as Binance Nigeria Ltd or Binance Enterprise etc.

I repeat: check the name of the company those Director arrested are working for. That’s the name Binance registered with or is using in Nigeria.

Idiot !!! The federal government confirmed the arrest of two executives of binance holding limited ..it is everywhere in the news but you fool is still arguing that they used another name...ode

If you claim binance is not the one behind the binance holding limited , so according to this report , it says that binance holding limited should release the data of their customers..so if we are to follow your claim , then that means the government is chasing after the wrong company right since binance did not register as a binance holding limited..mumu

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by dappydozzy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18
CountinBlessins:
This is indeed a strategic movement there is something NIA is cooking
We may yet witness the end of terrorism and corruption in Nigeria

Let them keep deceiving you, ee yah, Some Nigerians are so gullible. Before Binance became a household name in Nigeria, was there no corruption, embezzlement and terrorism. Even countries where crypto is partially and totally banned. They still battle with terrorism. So you are proud of Nigerian Intelligence agencies in a rotten system like this Nigerai. Money laundering and terrorism financing is more than you think. This primary school kindergarten financial crime investigation can take them nowhere. At the end, of the day they will have no case against Binance.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lanre316: 4:07pm On Mar 18
Sapiosexuality:
You really think that will happen? What does Binance stand to lose at this point by not obeying? The FG have played all their cards. What exactly is Binance going to lose by not doing that?

Nothing.

If the government ban Binance app, Nigerians will still use Binance via VPN. India government banned Binance, but Indians still use Binance till today.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by funshint(m): 4:07pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

Show us proof. You expect to see it registered as BINANCE.

Sit down there. You are all babies. Check if HENKEL was registered as HENKEL in Nigeria. Check if JTI was registered at JTI in Nigeria. Check if Etisalat or 9mobile was registered at Etisalat or 9mobile.
Check if Airtel was registered as Airtel in Nigeria. The list is endless.

When companies are finding it difficult to expand or break into a market, they use all means of business expansions to get into such company. One of it could be joint venture. It could be via franchise, it could be by merger or acquisition.

Binance acquired/invested a cryptocurrency trading company in Nigeria. That’s the company where those arrested directors work.

Dindinrin ni gbogbo yin. Your parents only wasted money on your education.
Binance is only using its brand name to trade in Nigeria. It never registered as Binance Nigeria Ltd or Binance Enterprise etc.

I repeat: check the name of the company those Director arrested are working for. That’s the name Binance registered with or is using in Nigeria.
You're just loud saying nonsense....any company named "Binance Nigeria" is a mirage. Binance is registered in Malta. It's a business domiciled online. Seems the little respect this govt is still getting from Binance is being overstretched. They can as well compell Facebook or Twitter to release all their users account. These people are worse than mo'rons.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by SaLongs1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 18
Only criminals are hiding behind such opaque platforms.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Poiniyisworld: 4:18pm On Mar 18
Okay, with all theitr orders and arrests of their executives, has the naira appreciated?

These people that surrounds the executive seems lost o , it is mow like a seasaw (jangover) game.

If they don't know what to do, they should simply honestly resign one after the other because while their brothers and cronnies are everywhere trying to make it seem like Binance has caused all our problems , we know it is not true.

This is like saying Binance was totally in control of Nigeria's economy.

It is well o

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Cantonese: 4:20pm On Mar 18
CountinBlessins:

It's called an indirect effect. Let the whole case run it's course you will see the benefits yourself.

This is not a banana Republic, the efcc are following due process so the world doesn't start making noise

I asked how the arrest of the executives will impact our economy positively. Do you have any idea?

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Nauttyprof(m): 4:22pm On Mar 18
mmadu4:

shallow minded thinker. other country uses binance how many countries do you know that banned binance . and besides the government pressured Nigerians to do their NIN and BVN remember they said it will help in tackling insecurity and and criminal activities . what result has that yielded so far? you think demanding to release names of people who used binance would be any different? dumb is forever indeed

You are the shallow minded individuals who feels untraced funds should continue. Not different from scammers in reasoning. Keep exposing your foolishness as if the government have no reason for taking such decisions.

I am definitely sure you didn't make any research to know of the countries that have banned Binance operations and one of the reasons is they finance terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by millionboi2: 4:23pm On Mar 18
Faiththatworks:
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Although I have been affected terribly by the removal of the Naira on Binance,I stand with the Nigerian Government on making sure Binance is held accountable for all the manipulation and speculation they allowed to run riot on the platform.
I read some crazy people especially those on Twitter always bragging about how the Naira will get to 3000 by the end of March, especially those who had crypto on binanace,I daresay these unpatriotic elements have been put to shame.
Binance and some other crypto exchanges I daresay were hijacked by criminal economic terrorist and Bandits,And I won't be surprised if the top users on Binance are former government officials especially those in the last dispensation, opposition members Especially those who believe Asiwaju didn't with the last Election.
I use this medium to encourage The great Mallam Ribadu to go into action and financially decapitate all these Economic bandits and Terriorist who have put profit before patriotism.
Since Binance and other crypto exchanges have stopped trading the Naira on their exchange,the level at which it was falling to the usd has really slowed down,only a saboteur will disagree with this fact.
How these exchanges were able to have such a big influence on manipulating and fixing the Naira must be studied and all their structures destroyed.
Everyone involved in these profit racketeering must be held accountable including the banks.
God bless Nigeria.........

as thy closed binnance,why didn't dollar return to #450 per 1$.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 4:26pm On Mar 18
funshint:

You're just loud saying nonsense....any company named "Binance Nigeria" is a mirage. Binance is registered in Malta. It's a business domiciled online. Seems the little respect this govt is still getting from Binance is being overstretched. They can as well compell Facebook or Twitter to release all their users account. These people are worse than mo'rons.

Work on the company where those directors work. You would know the name Binance is using to trade in Nigeria.
How does Binance pay its tax to Nigerian government, if it’s not registered in Nigeria under a trading name?

ChatGPT will make you lazy Nigerian youths to be more lazy.

So a company will register in Malta and be trading in Nigeria without paying taxes in Nigeria? Kai 🙈🙈. You think every company that pays tax to Nigerian government doesn’t have Tax Payers Code?

Google will finish you and those you are leading.

You think parts of all taxes being deducted on you buy Facebook and co are not being paid in the US and Nigeria?

Go and read more about corporations and how governments charge taxes on revenues accruing from abroad.

Facebook or Twitter has no issue that would warrant its customers’ details to be compelled by competent Nigerian court to release it.

If Facebook or Twitter could match the line and there’s need to see details of its subscribers, Facebook or Twitter has to comply. That’s the law of our land. It rules above Twitter’s or Facebook’s laws.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 4:30pm On Mar 18
lrman:

Idiot !!! The federal government confirmed the arrest of two executives of binance holding limited ..it is everywhere in the news but you fool is still arguing that they used another name...ode

If you claim binance is not the one behind the binance holding limited , so according to this report , it says that binance holding limited should release the data of their customers..so if we are to follow your claim , then that means the government is chasing after the wrong company right since binance did not register as a binance holding limited..mumu

Don’t mix things up. I didn’t claim Binance is not behind any name. Did you read my comments at all?
I guess you lack knowledge of comprehension.

You have confirmed to me that Binance is registered in Nigeria. Thank you.

If you check my comments, I gave you hints on how to know the name which Binance is using to trade in Nigeria. Sone of your mum.u commenters said Binance is not registered in Nigeria but in Malta.
Thanks for accepting defeat and roping yourself in.

I could see you can’t be a good lawyer because you argue upside down.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by millionboi2: 4:33pm On Mar 18
DestinyNigga:
Me wey get 5k there, hope dey no go catch me 😂😂😂Make I quickly run go hide for our village bush 😂😂😂
If it's your hard earned money you got nothing to be afraid.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 4:33pm On Mar 18
lrman:

CBN and federal government and SEC insisted that the organization behind binance never registered in Nigeria and you are here still arguing nonsense again...I guess you now know more than the federal government ...smh

But when I gave a hint on how to know the name Binance is using to trade in Nigeria, one of you said it’s Binance Trading …
In that hint, I made mention of how companies enter a country through back doors.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lrman(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

Work on the company where those directors work. You would know the name Binance is using to trade in Nigeria.
How does Binance pay its tax to Nigerian government, if it’s not registered in Nigeria under a trading name?

ChatGPT will make you lazy Nigerian youths to be more lazy.

So a company will register in Malta and be trading in Nigeria without paying taxes in Nigeria? Kai 🙈🙈. You think every company that pays tax to Nigerian government doesn’t have Tax Payers Code?

Google will finish you and those you are leading.

You think parts of all taxes being deducted on you buy Facebook and co are not being paid in the US and Nigeria?

Go and read more about corporations and how governments charge taxes on revenues accruing from abroad.

Facebook or Twitter has no issue that would warrant its customers’ details to be compelled by competent Nigerian court to release it.

If Facebook or Twitter could match the line and there’s need to see details of its subscribers, Facebook or Twitter has to comply. That’s the law of our land. It rules above Twitter’s or Facebook’s laws.

You keep saying opposite of what the federal government is saying...where did the federal government told you that binance pay tax to the nigerian government ?? One of the accusations that federal government made against binance is that people are using it's platform for currency manipulation , money laundering , terrorism financing etc and they also said they do not pay tax to the nigerian. Government ...I wonder where you read your own news that binance are paying tax to the government ...
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lrman(m): 4:41pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

But when I gave a hint on how to know the name Binance is using to trade in Nigeria, one of you said it’s Binance Trading …
In that hint, I made mention of how companies enter a country through back doors.

And your government officially said that binance holding limited or whatever was never registered in Nigeria..and that they are illegal...you claimed binance might have used another name or hide under another organization that is registered in Nigeria..you now said they arrested two of their executives that work for the company..and I told you that federal government claimed the two executives were working for binance holding limited..the same company which they claimed is not registered in Nigeria and that it is illegal...so how will you tell an unregistered company in your country that they should release the details of their customers ?? Smh..some of you are naturally dumb ..even the almighty USA never asked binance to release the info of its customers because the USA government understand the law..
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 4:41pm On Mar 18
lanre316:

Nothing.

If the government ban Binance app, Nigerians will still use Binance via VPN. India government banned Binance, but Indians still use Binance till today.

But as Binance is banned in Nigeria, are you still trading NGN/USDT on it? Nigerian government doesn’t say you should not use VPN or whatever means to trade on Binance. Our government doesn’t want you trade Naira against USDT. That’s the pair of currencies that CBN blocked on Binance.

If India deactivates RUP/USDT, that’s when Indian government has achieved one of its aims of banning Binance. Indians can still be trading on Binance so far they don’t pair RUP with USDT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Stephench: 4:43pm On Mar 18
Nigeria has become a joke. Even USA can not get these companies to release users information and Nigeria think they can? It's against TOS and Privacy policy not of Binance but international privacy policy

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lrman(m): 4:45pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

But as Binance is banned in Nigeria, are you still trading NGN/USDT on it? Nigerian government doesn’t say you should not use VPN or whatever means to trade on Binance. Our government doesn’t want you trade Naira against USDT. That’s the pair of currencies that CBN blocked on Binance.

If India deactivates RUP/USDT, that’s when Indian government has achieved one of its aims of banning Binance. Indians can still be trading on Binance so far they don’t pair RUP with USDT.

And who told you indians do not currently trade rupee/usdt on binance ?? Smh...go and stop them
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by mojoyin73585: 4:48pm On Mar 18
Binance is not even responding to the mandate thief circus show…seems like they learnt from Niger republic playbook on how to deal with illegitimate clownsBinance is not even responding to the mandate thief circus show…seems like they learnt from Niger republic playbook on how to deal with illegitimate clowns...
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 4:50pm On Mar 18
lrman:

And your government officially said that binance holding limited or whatever was never registered in Nigeria..and that they are illegal...you claimed binance might have used another name or hide under another organization that is registered in Nigeria..you now said they arrested two of their executives that work for the company..and I told you that federal government claimed the two executives were working for binance holding limited..the same company which they claimed is not registered in Nigeria and that it is illegal...so how will you tell an unregistered company in your country that they should release the details of their customers ?? Smh..some of you are naturally dumb ..even the almighty USA never asked binance to release the info of its customers because the USA government understand the law..

Binance is trading in Nigeria but could be using another name. Accept that.

We don’t need to do what US does. Nigeria is different from the US. What we are dragging with Binance may be different with what the US is dragging with Binance.
So, our objectives are different. We want to know who are responsible for the 26bilkion dollars traded in Binance without government knowing. We want to know what those people do and their sources of those money.
We want to use all info gotten from that database to crack on some other national economic and security matters which would benefit you and I.

USA can choose not to ban Binance because it can’t influence its Dollar but if there’s is need for US to ban it, US won’t hesitate.

Is TikTok affecting the US Dollar? Why does the US want to ban TikTok in the US? Find out more.
It is about national interests.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Talismann: 4:52pm On Mar 18
FreeStuffsNG:
The Nigerian authorities last Tuesday asked Binance to share data on its 100 top users in Nigeria for possible probe and charge. But the company kept mum on this request.

O ti zeh. They will sing like canary las las or pay that huge fine of $10 billion to the Nigerian government. They will not eat their cake and have it.

They were doing eye-service cosmetic shallow kyc while permitting terrorists, economic saboteurs and money laundering and criminal forex manipulators to roam free on their platform so they can keep taking their own cuts from the illicit transactions despite warnings from the Federal Government of Nigeria. We will get the list and they will still pay fine!

It is obvious that they don't know Mallam Ribadu, he will show them shege!

Fine slammed on MTN by FGN will be a child's play compared to their own at the end of the day. They have allowed people with bad luck to jinx them same way these hate-filled unpatriotic elements did to Twitter and any politician they support.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

see as e dey convulse. Na binance no make you see food chop Agba Aje.

Wo! E go shock you say your papa been dey trade BTC for binance

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lanre316: 4:53pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

Personally, I only trade cryptocurrencies for profit on Binance. I don't do NGN/USDT trades, except maybe to sell some USDT for personal use and there are many options to do that besides Binance.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Vision101(m): 4:55pm On Mar 18
[quote author=Cantonese post=128986366]

The question here now is this:
How has the arrest of the executives of Binance helped the economy to get stronger?[/quote
The volatility has stopped. The movement is predictable. Planning is easier. This is how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lrman(m): 4:56pm On Mar 18
VanuatuWycombe:

Binance is trading in Nigeria but could be using another name. Accept that.

We don’t need to do what US does. Nigeria is different from the US. What we are dragging with Binance may be different with what the US is dragging with Binance.
So, our objectives are different. We want to know who are responsible for the 26bilkion dollars traded in Binance without government knowing. We want to know what those people do and their sources of those money.
We want to use all info gotten from that database to crack on some other national economic and security matters which would benefit you and I.

USA can choose not to ban Binance because it can’t influence its Dollar but if there’s is need for US to ban it, US won’t hesitate.

Is TikTok affecting the US Dollar? Why does the US want to ban TikTok in the US? Find out more.
It is about national interests.

Just shut up and stop displaying ignorance..US government accused binance of money laundering activities , currency hoarding , investment scammers using the platform , terrorism financing etc ...and they banned them...but they will never tell binance to release the information of its users because they know the law generally and also the law and policies guiding privacy worldwide....your clueless government know the real people guilty of the act..they are among them (cabals)..they can keep deceiving the gullible ones...

The same nonsense people in that federal house have people who help them launder money via various means , and they are still among the same people claiming they want to fight corruption
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Vision101(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18
olaric:
Lol; is Binance registered to do business in Nigeria? If they are; then there's a possibility they would release this data, but if not, then Nigeria is on a long thing...
Remember that it's against the law to do business in Nigeria when you are not a registered entity.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Cantonese: 5:00pm On Mar 18
[quote author=Vision101 post=128989247][/quote]

Thank you very much. That’s exactly what I want to get in response.

Next is our sincere hope of some stability in the rates.

My other worry is the refineries. Hopefully the crude output can increase. Next that refineries can work and dependence on petrol import can be cut off.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by lrman(m): 5:04pm On Mar 18
Vision101:

Remember that it's against the law to do business in Nigeria when you are not a registered entity.

Everything about binance in Nigeria is strictly done online !!!!

If we are to follow your logic , then companies like amazon , ebay etc should be banned too because last time I checked amazon and co are not registered in Nigeria yet they are doing business with nigerians here , so many nigerians use them to buy products ...some authors even publish books on amazon and co

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by Orinechi: 5:06pm On Mar 18
CountinBlessins:

You have a habit of commenting even when it is obvious you don't fully grasp the topic.
Why not keep quiet let those who are well educated and have a proper understanding comment ?
Cos your expectation was not met
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by imagrg(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18
Diversionary measure. They all know why the Naira fell woefully.
Re: Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform by VanuatuWycombe: 5:18pm On Mar 18
lrman:

Just shut up and stop displaying ignorance..US government accused binance of money laundering activities , currency hoarding , investment scammers using the platform , terrorism financing etc ...and they banned them...but they will never tell binance to release the information of its users because they know the law generally and also the law and policies guiding privacy worldwide....your clueless government know the real people guilty of the act..they are among them (cabals)..they can keep deceiving the gullible ones...

The same nonsense people in that federal house have people who help them launder money via various means , and they are still among the same people claiming they want to fight corruption

This is Nigeria. Not the US.
Are you ok? Or you are still thinking what you have most to Binance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With Eighty Thousand Naira Please! / India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.