Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

At Least Choose Righteous Laws Of Others For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / At Least Choose Righteous Laws Of Others For You (56 Views)

Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? / No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

At Least Choose Righteous Laws Of Others For You by PCHC(m): 1:08am On Mar 19
[Ezekiel 5:7]

Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Because you have multiplied disobedience more than the nations that are all around you, have not walked in My statutes nor kept My judgments, nor even done according to the judgments of the nations that are all around you’— [Ezekiel 5:7 NKJV]

“So this is what the Lord God says: You caused more confusion than the nations around you. You did not follow My rules or obey My laws. You have not even obeyed the laws of the nations around you. — [Ezekiel 5:7 ICB]

ATLEAST CHOOSE RIGHTEOUS LAWS OF OTHERS FOR YOU

Atleast, if that Jerusalem did not like God's Laws and Ordinances, they should have adopted the righteous laws and ordinances of the surrounding nations — that would have been better than the city becoming lawless. The surrounding nations may not have been following the laws of God through Moses, but they have their own laws, justice system and ordinances that police and penalize sin against men among them. Though these laws and ordinances of the surrounding nations were not perfect for God's standard of Righteousness, Justice, and Holiness, yet they were better than lawlessness and wickedness in a lawless society.

Not saying one should abandon God's Laws and Ordinances, and rather choose traditional/foreign laws. For instance, the first African to be president of America was forcing Africans to accept the laws of Americans and Europe that legalized Sodomy and same self marriage; but the Africans wisely rejected that foreign law because it was against the foundation of the core values that define the Race that makes African People Uniquely different.

My point is, even if you are having problem in living by God's Law and Ordinances through Moses, then there are other sets of Laws, Ordinances, Ethics, Codes of Practice and Principles of God you can still be living by, so that you don't become lawless. To be lawless is to be wicked or antichrist. Antichrist is the lawless one.

Among Christians, you may hear some saying, "We are not under the law (of Moses) but under grace;" True, but why sin and become wicked or lawless under grace (Romans 6:15).

"Grace" is not lawlessness, rather Grace is the benefits and maximization of the rewards of one man's obedience to the law, whereby others can share in those benefits or rewards through faith without already done works or without having to reobey the same law that was already obeyed and fulfill by Christ Jesus. It's like whoever does this work or law earns these rewards, but yet every man do not have to do the work or law if only one man has done the work or law and he's willing to share the benefits with others without asking them to pay. It's like a street light, for which one man paid the bills but instead of making only him to enjoy the light he paid for, he realized he could position the same light in ways that others around there do not have to pay for their own light to benefit from it because it doesn't diminish benefits.

Grace means you are not under the law but you are under the Man of Law, who fulfils the Law. He is the one fulfilling the Law, but you are the one renting or benefiting from what He's doing through faith that obeys Him without direct dealing with the law.

(1.) To be under the law is bondage or curse, but

(2.) To be without law or lawless is wickedness or immoral

So don't be under the law, but also don't be lawless: have some rules, principles, discipline, ethics, integrity, faith, virtues, codes, Conscience etc that serve as 'Instructions of Destiny' for your life/death pathways.

We are talking about Jerusalem that did not continue with God's Laws, Ordinances, and yet she did not fill the void with the laws or ordinances of the neighboring countries or even the laws of animals with discipline, ethics and wisdom that mankind could learn from, such as the Ants, the Eagles, Serpents, Doves etc.

Learn to adopt other people's laws briefly in order to win them, but never be without the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. As it is written,

[1 Corinthians 9:19-21 BSB] — "Though I am free of obligation to anyone, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), to win those under the law. To those without the law I became like one without the law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the law."

Your true circumcision is tied to your having a law that guides the ways you live through life. If your penis is circumcised but you have no law you keep by your own self discipline to the pleasure and will of God, then the circumcision of your penis is useless.

[Romans 2:25-27 BSB] — "Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. If a man who is not circumcised keeps the requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? The one who is physically uncircumcised yet keeps the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker."

Atleast conscience is there as a law to guide you through the difference between right and wrong, and between righteousness and unrighteousness. As it is written,

[Romans 2:13-16 BSB] — "For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous. Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them. This will come to pass on that day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel."

Re: At Least Choose Righteous Laws Of Others For You by PCHC(m): 1:09am On Mar 19
+

(1) (Reply)

You Have What You Say. Part 34 / The Fellowship Of His Suffering / Positioning For Restoration - Pt 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.