Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank (28669 Views)

My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Goodlady(f): 8:14pm On Mar 19
thesicilian:
It takes a certain level of intelligence to defraud a bank. And even higher IQ to disappear without a trace.
Arrest this man.

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by EBEk101(m): 8:42pm On Mar 19
thesicilian:
It takes a certain level of intelligence to defraud a bank. And even higher IQ to disappear without a trace.

Stuffs like this could be halted by simply putting in shared responsibility in place, in a financial institution when you will all the power to one person, they can do things without trace but, when share responsibility is in place, such person can hardly influence everyone else

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by geodemainguy(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19
guobe:
I went to a highly competitive secondary school back in the days.

This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.

There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.

Me I wasn't doing too badly too but that guy was in another class of his own.
He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.

I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.

To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.

At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.
Till this day he has not been seen with no trace.

I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.

This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day.

Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.

You people should take it easy with some of this fictional stories here on nairaland.

How can a young man be managing a Bank branch @22years?

What year did he graduate from the University?
What year did he join the banking sector to have grown to that managerial level?

Make una try dey fear God o!
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by sunsweet33: 9:02pm On Mar 19
His intelligence was just one aspect of his conscious experience.

He might have had a horrible circumstance at home for all you know. You were just marvelling at his intellect from the outside in, just like he probably admired some aspects of your character without you knowing.

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:14pm On Mar 19
sunsweet33:
His intelligence was just one aspect of his conscious experience.

He might have had a horrible circumstance at home for all you know. You were just marvelling at his intellect from the outside in, just like he probably admired some aspects of your character without you knowing.
Probably true.you never can tell.
It still amazes me till this day.He was really class then in secondary school.
I met him a couple of times in the university and even saw him injecting himself one day like that when he was not feeling too well.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by mclloyd22: 10:34pm On Mar 19
After watching the most insane heist done In one of the Argentina’s bank then I realized that nothing is impossible in life and all it takes is planing and having confidence like Akpi

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 11:09pm On Mar 19
More bank staff are defrauding banks and running away without a trace.

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 11:11pm On Mar 19
More

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by bluefilm: 12:12am On Mar 20
guobe:

This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.

There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.

He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.

I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.

To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.

At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.

I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.

This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day

Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.

Maybe he did it for fun?

Super intelligent guys like us sometimes get bored with the mundane, you know?

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Blitzking: 4:50am On Mar 20
Time changes ppl.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Akinpresident: 6:43am On Mar 20
One truth: your story is as fake as Nigeria unity. You should desist from lies so you can gain enough sense to be useful to your parents.

A 22 year old was a bank manager in this country and we didn't hear it let alone defrauding such bank and EFCC didn't put a wanted order on him. The bank just allow the matter to die without taking any action reported in the media.

Don't vex me this morning oo.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Singlenhappy(f): 9:03am On Mar 20
High degree of intellect only makes a man a clever devil! Intelligence does not translate to good character automatically!
guobe:

It still baffles me till this day.

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:22am On Mar 20
Singlenhappy:
High degree of intellect only makes a man a clever devil! Intelligence does not translate to good character automatically!
So true

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Badadvisor: 1:09pm On Mar 20
ednut1:
22 years old manager This guy too dey lie
Like mehn I was taking him seriously until i saw that bullshit. 80 percent of the stories on NL are fake!

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by cenaman(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20
guobe:

He was a good boy through and through in secondary school from a Christian background sitting in the front seat.
We can all identify bad guys and good guys in secondary school.
So people like me wey dey sidon for back sit nkor? Who are we?

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:30pm On Mar 20
cenaman:
So people like me wey dey sidon for back sit nkor? Who are we?
Na una be the bad guys na lol
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by cenaman(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20
guobe:

Na una be the bad guys na lol
And de irony be sey, na we dos useless maths, physics and chemistry teachers go like to dey ask question grin

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:37pm On Mar 20
cenaman:
And de irony be sey, na we dos useless maths, physics and chemistry teachers go like to dey ask question grin
Yes na so that them go fall their hands.lol
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Badadvisor: 8:01am On Mar 21
drimzsmoke:

If he was truly a genius, then you all should have anticipated this. All the genius(in Nigeria) I know in real life are criminally minded people!!!
True.
And majority of them do drugs

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by TGCML: 11:27am On Apr 19
Buy WAEC GCE Pins, WAEC Result Checker Scratch Card, Neco Result Token, NABTEB Result Checker Scratch Card on https://triplegltd.com.ng/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help I Got Into A Fight With A Cultist / The Death Trap Called Soak Away In Nigerian Schools / Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.