Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. (1388 Views)

LP’s Problem Is Not About Tinubu, It’s About Greed - Oseni Rufai / Economic Hardship: Pray For Tinubu, It’s Not Easy – Wike Begs Nigerians / "Mr. Tinubu, Will You Congratulate The Winner If It Isn't You?" Tinubu:"it's Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by blacknp(m): 12:47am On Mar 20
Tinububalls:

The Biafra struggle wasn't violent until folks here on nairaland started rejoicing and encouraging the army to use the peaceful protesters as target practice.
See the Igbos are coming from a place of been hated already, you don't butcher people everyday and still expect them to be non-violent.

Take this to the grave.
Deep down in every true Igbo, it's better to die for an invisible Biafra than the Self acclaimed gaint of Africa.
I would love to see different nations from Nigeria flourish in peace.
What Biafra struggle, & when? That must have been a misconstrued state of mind of jobless things that have moments on their hands wasting time imaging a fallacious utopia, to be pursued, but never to be attained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by blacknp(m): 12:55am On Mar 20
EbinPawaGovt:

Igbo desire to be rid of Nigeria is beyond Kanu. With or without Kanu, if Igbo made up their mind on something, it's only a matter of time and Mr Buhari helped Igbo make up their minds so even if it takes another 100 years, Igbo are determined to exit Nigeria.
Nonsensical poor minded man jabbering, go and tell Emeka Offor, Emmanuel Inwanyanwu, or even Kelechi Iheanacho these garbage.

Do not generalize your failure in society to everyone, no wonder the best name you could come up for yourself is ebinpawagovt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by SisterAnn(f): 1:47am On Mar 20
seunmsg:
In the overall interest of peace, unity and national cohesion, I’m calling for the immediate and conditional release of Nnamdi Kanu. The only condition being the complete renunciation of all kinds of violent agitation for Biafra.

When Tinubu was sworn in, he inherited some political prisoners like Kanu, Sowore, Igboho etc. while Sowore and Igboho are now free, Kanu is still in detention. While I’m not a fan of Kanu and is bigoted and violent agitation, I won’t deny the fact that he’s a freedom fighter to his people.

Apart from Boko haram and other like minded terror groups, no single person has committed more heinous crimes against the country than Odumegu Ojukwu. Despite his crimes, Nigeria forgave him and granted him state pardon. We allowed him to contest for a seat in our Senate and even the president despite his history of having taken up arms against the country. Nnamdi Kanu has not done anything close to that.

Today, a lot of criminals have taken over IPOB agitation in the SE. In fact, Monday is now a compulsory holiday for everyone in that region this must stop. Mr. President should call the leaders of Ohaneze Ndigbo and offer to release him to them on the condition that he will renounce all kinds of violent agitation. This is the only way to restore sanity in the SE.

PS: This is my personal opinion.

Mynd44 nlfpmod
Shioorr..

Renounce violent agitation?

Was he ever agitating violently?

Or is moving to curb the menace of fulani militia in Igbo land what you call violent agitation?
Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by Cassandraloius: 4:20am On Mar 20
Good suggestion
Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by haffaze777(m): 4:50am On Mar 20
seunmsg:
In the overall interest of peace, unity and national cohesion, I’m calling for the immediate and conditional release of Nnamdi Kanu. The only condition being the complete renunciation of all kinds of violent agitation for Biafra.

When Tinubu was sworn in, he inherited some political prisoners like Kanu, Sowore, Igboho etc. while Sowore and Igboho are now free, Kanu is still in detention. While I’m not a fan of Kanu and is bigoted and violent agitation, I won’t deny the fact that he’s a freedom fighter to his people.

Apart from Boko haram and other like minded terror groups, no single person has committed more heinous crimes against the country than Odumegu Ojukwu. Despite his crimes, Nigeria forgave him and granted him state pardon. We allowed him to contest for a seat in our Senate and even the president despite his history of having taken up arms against the country. Nnamdi Kanu has not done anything close to that.

Today, a lot of criminals have taken over IPOB agitation in the SE. In fact, Monday is now a compulsory holiday for everyone in that region this must stop. Mr. President should call the leaders of Ohaneze Ndigbo and offer to release him to them on the condition that he will renounce all kinds of violent agitation. This is the only way to restore sanity in the SE.

Mynd44 nlfpmod

You're entitled to it bro,but nobody is releasing him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by wediehere1: 5:23am On Mar 20
seunmsg:

We won’t achieve nationhood that way. We are a completely different people and we must understand our differences and be able to work together despite our differences. Killing Kanu will not solve any problem. In fact, it will create more problem. On the other hand, the government can gain some political capital and even national unity by being nice to him. He can be useful to bringing about peace in the SE.

Ojukwu took up arms against the country. The war lasted for about 3 years with over 3 million people dead. When Shagari became president, he granted him a state pardon and asked him to return to Nigeria. He contested for elections severally thereafter and remained a statesman and a voice for peace and unity till death. Tinubu can do same to Kanu. It’s time to offer him conditional peace.
how can those people he killed to get justice? Especially those policemen he ordered to be killed like Chicken?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by helinues: 6:22am On Mar 20
FG is not even deliberating about Kanu's matter for now.

He go dey useful for 2027 election, if you know what I mean.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by TopBanter: 7:10am On Mar 20
seunmsg:

Mynd44 nlfpmod

Tinubu cannot interfere with an ongoing trial the supreme Court has insisted must proceed to conclusion. As simple as that.

To do otherwise is to damn Nigeria a Banana Republic with no respect for it's judicial arm. It will also show the world that the Judiciary is not independent in Nigeria.

Nations and even firms who wish to engage Nigeria will be forced to take the stance 'Caveat Emptor'. I.e "buyers beware" since it appears that ruling of the supreme Court cannot be respected and any trial at all can be jettisoned by our President via abuse of power.

An independent judiciary, with institutional integrity, is very important for many in deciding whether to engage or avoid Nigeria.

Kanu will not be released. Tinubu, for those who have studied the workings of his mind, believes Leaders must not only lead well but must be seen to lead well.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by Kingnelson9: 7:11am On Mar 20
seunmsg:

Mynd44 nlfpmod

Kindly explain the crimes committed by OJukwu and how the agitation is violent?

Don't come to public domain to post what you don't understand
Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by seunmsg(m): 8:10am On Mar 20
Kingnelson9:

Kindly explain the crimes committed by OJukwu and how the agitation is violent?

Don't come to public domain to post what you don't understand

You are asking me the crime committee by Ojukwu? Okay, he collected my girlfriend. You happy now?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by seunmsg(m): 8:12am On Mar 20
wediehere1:
how can those people he killed to get justice? Especially those policemen he ordered to be killed like Chicken?

Ojukwu’s Biafra Forbes killed more Nigerians than anyone else’s in the history of the country. He was forgiven and all his armed soldiers were reintegrated back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by seunmsg(m): 8:14am On Mar 20
SisterAnn:
Shioorr..

Renounce violent agitation?

Was he ever agitating violently?

Or is moving to curb the menace of fulani militia in Igbo land what you call violent agitation?

He used ESN and UGM to kill so many security personnel and burn government buildings. His agitation was very violent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by SisterAnn(f): 8:30am On Mar 20
seunmsg:

He used ESN and UGM to kill so many security personnel and burn government buildings. His agitation was very violent.
You fished this theory out of the most hidden part of your body.
Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by Kingnelson9: 2:24pm On Mar 20
seunmsg:

You are asking me the crime committee by Ojukwu? Okay, he collected my girlfriend. You happy now?

OJukwu didn't commit any crime , Nigeria did!
Re: President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu. by Tochitee(m): 7:34pm On Mar 20
kettykin:
They will delay releasing him until ipob launch USBT digital coin and crypto and watch the struggle become a never ending battle in the crypto space which will exercerbate into an economic warfare

An average ipob is senseless. So what are they waiting for to launch their crypto warfare,till the hunchback gorilla died in the prison?? grin ;Dmake una continue they mumu una self Igbos,fg Don already sentence una messiah to 10years in prison. Na senator Shettima go release am after tinubus 8 years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mend Attacks Shell's Bonga Offshore Platform / Listen To Yar Adua Here On Bbc, Then Judge For Yourself / Jos: Mans' Inhumanity To Man [graphic Photos! Exercise Discretion]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.