Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Crying And Smiling Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Crying And Smiling Wives (8312 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! / Men Do Not Respond To Crying Babies But Women Do: Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crying And Smiling Wives by mrwils(m): 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
why do nigerian men treat their wives with so much hatred and cruelty but treat the woman outside like a queen,i don't get it.

guys don't take it personal here but am being frank with my question coz alot of married woman are crying and smiling same time
coz they have no choice,you are married to a man that neglet and treat u like u don't exist why?they will not take care of their homes, they are never there for their wives prefer to spend time with women outside,provide more for them than their wives,pay more attension to gurls that are dating two or three men same time. A man that is blessed with a beautiful wife and kids,things are going well for you i believe u have been favoured by GOD,then your obligations are to love and cherish what GOD has given to you.The Bible does say in Galatians 6:7-8, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.”

The Bible says in Song of Solomon 8:7, “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.” There are many good reasons to get married: for companionship and friendship, to have children, and to satisfy your physical and emotional needs of love. These are all good reasons that God created for marriage. so why suffer and neglet the woman you ones told "i love you",she hardly sees her husband,he talks to his girlfriends in her presence not even a little respect for her,calls the shorts the way he likes like she does not exist,women can not commit adultery like the way men do it with free mind,why don't they value and treat their women with respect alot use culture to subdue them with the fact that they are men and is meant to be so,

WHAT IS THE BIG REASON SINCERE ANSWERS PLEASE!!!
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Cuddlemii: 4:28am On Nov 15, 2011
@op
Are u a Mrswils or Mrwils? You sound too concerned and stressed about the issue to be a man.

Well I don't know why men do these things to their wives.

All I can say is this, as you lay your bed so you would lye on it. Open ur eyes beyond the religious aspect and look for a man who would give you friendship, peace of mind and happiness. Forget perfection but look for a screw up that you can tolerate his shortcomings so that you don't get more than what you bargained for in marriage. So stop bothering yourself Mrswils.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Jenifa1: 4:32am On Nov 15, 2011
mrwils:

lack of self-discipline and low moral fibre.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 15, 2011
Aww she-he is a victim. . Sorry dear
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Agybabe(f): 6:42am On Nov 15, 2011
It happens when you married the wrong man, the one God has not destined for you. But I pray I don't come across that kinda man.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Bisco4sure: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2011
to say the true some men are something Else, i pray, i should not come across them
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by eghost247(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2011
mrwils:

why do nigerian men treat their wives with so much hatred and cruelty but treat the woman outside like a queen,i don't get it.

guys don't take it personal here but am being frank with my question coz alot of married woman are crying and smiling same time
coz they have no choice,you are married to a man that neglet and treat u like u don't exist why?they will not take care of their homes, they are never there for their wives prefer to spend time with women outside,provide more for them than their wives,pay more attension to gurls that are dating two or three men same time. A man that is blessed with a beautiful wife and kids,things are going well for you i believe u have been favoured by GOD,then your obligations are to love and cherish what GOD has given to you.The Bible does say in Galatians 6:7-8, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.”

The Bible says in Song of Solomon 8:7, “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.” There are many good reasons to get married: for companionship and friendship, to have children, and to satisfy your physical and emotional needs of love. These are all good reasons that God created for marriage. so why suffer and neglet the woman you ones told "i love you",she hardly sees her husband,he talks to his girlfriends in her presence not even a little respect for her,calls the shorts the way he likes like she does not exist,women can not commit adultery like the way men do it with free mind,why don't they value and treat their women with respect alot use culture to subdue them with the fact that they are men and is meant to be so,

another poster who feels he or she has enough information to generalize, on a country of more than 150million people, i see u have met each and every man in Nigeria this is a silly post to begin with, SMH!!!!

1 Like

Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Bakindex(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
sometime is cos by girls, some girls like money so because dere realman did nt hv enough money dey go nd marry wrongman which wil then affect dere marriage
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by dabrake(m): 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2011
@eghost
attack remains the best form of defense. Why not just give a valid reason w.r.t the op's quiz? And btw, what makes you think his proposition is fallacious? If 90%  of men are doing it, is the inference not in order? As far as i am concerned, the estimate(90% and above) isn't biased. I have come to discover that most nigerian men are just useless(guys, please don't fight me). My reason? Most of them feel that their jobs speaks volumes of their manliness. If you wanna know how useless some men are, take away their jobs from them(i stand to be corrected. I used the word some/most and not all). @poster, it is something many men do. Men are naturally polygamous. The answer to that madness is what i do not know but It is a fight that must be fought and won(i'm also taming it because it rears its ugly head in my relationships).
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by freecocoa(f): 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
Like someone already said I think this type of things happen,when you marry the wrong person and most men are just too polygamous,their desires are insatiable.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by doja1: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2011
I am sure there are lots of Nigerian men who are not very nice to their wives. I met my husband 14 years ago and been married for 11yrs, I can honestly say he has never been anything but good to me, and I know lots of Nigerian men who are very good to their wives too. Not all men are jerks, but you can find the jerks in every country every culture.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by jpphilips(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2011

if you are s1lly fat and unattractive with tonns of folds and refuse to work out, no need to blame your husband, it is a natural phenomenon loads of hotties out there.

if you fall into the cadre of not noticing the presence of your husband except the kids and yourself; reap your own evil

if you shout like you work part time in a recording studio without showing respect to your husband and kids; who wont avoid you?

if you spend your evenings attending one Mid week service to Friday functions when dinner should be served;well, he never bargained for FAO relief job

if you think that by sleeping in the church and memorizing verses from the bible will erode the fact that you fu.cked married men during your hay days ("old things have passed away" indeed); just reap your evil in a thousand fold not even prayer can save you.

if you trapped your husband with pregnancy before marriage; well, he has gone back to his wife.

if you trapped him with juju; sorry he has found christ.

if none of the above applies and he still misbehaves, then hire a psychiatrist and prepare him for deliverance immediately

hope i am honest enough.

i have a colleague that refers to his wife as "that one" you can imagine the marital hell fire  grin grin grin
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by jpphilips(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2011

if you are s1lly fat and unattractive with tonns of folds and refuse to work out, no need to blame your husband, it is a natural phenomenon loads of hotties out there.

if you fall into the cadre of not noticing the presence of your husband except the kids and yourself; reap your own evil

if you shout like you work part time in a recording studio without showing respect to your husband and kids; who wont avoid you?

if you spend your evenings attending one Mid week service to Friday functions when dinner should be served;well, he never bargained for FAO relief job

if you think that by sleeping in the church and memorizing verses from the bible will erode the fact that you fu.cked married men during your hay days ("old things have passed away" indeed); just reap your evil in a thousand fold not even prayer can save you.

if you trapped your husband with pregnancy before marriage; well, he has gone back to his wife.

if none of the above applies and he still misbehaves, then hire a psychiatrist and prepare him for deliverance immediately

hope i am honest enough.

i have a colleague that refers to his wife as "that one" you can imagine the marital hell fire  grin grin grin
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by stepo707: 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
jp philips:

hope i am honest enough.

Remarkable answer! There just have to be something the woman is not doing well.Your man just cant change overnight
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by daviesmania(m): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
I've got dis very hot-temperament, marry me & see the result.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by kodylicky(f): 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
some of d ladies may have slept with someone's husband in their youth and they just being repaid by nature.

seriously its becoming a normal trend among many Nigerian men: cheating on their wives.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by lahips: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by mummy3(f): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
Agybabe:

It happens when you married the wrong man, the one God has not destined for you. But I pray I don't come across that kinda man.

i concur with u
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by mummy3(f): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
jp philips:

hope i am honest enough.

You want to kill me with laugh here o
You're right jare
But some men, if you like be 100% wife material ok, they'll still be cheating
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Kinikini: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
Me thinks that generally men have weaknesses just like women. One weakness with majority of men whether rich or poor, black or white or whatever is love of women. They don't get fulfilled with one woman for a life time. Men just want to keep having more and more regardless they are married or not. Married women who can stomach the excessess stay in matrimony while those who cannot get out. It is a choice and no man should be considered immune to philandering. Women should decide what they can live it.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by mummy3(f): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
kody-licky:

some of d ladies may have slept with someone's husband in their youth and they just being repaid by nature.

seriously its becoming a normal trend among many Nigerian men: cheating on their wives.

Yes o, reap what you saw. The way you dress your bed so u"ll lye on it. What goes up must come down. Dont do to some1 what you"ll not like another person to do to you.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by gonzaga: 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
DELETED
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by treo: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
sometime it is wrong for us to be looking for the cure of a disease instead of looking 4 d cause, some women are evil, they turned their husband to whatever they are, some frustrated their partner to that extent, can you imagine a wife after swearing with Bible at the altar that she will submit herself including her body to her husband but often deny her husband sex, one major purpose of marriage, some men does not have the grace of enduring this, they end up try it somewhere, and you must know that because the woman outside knows she has rival she will give the best  to satisfy him different styles, in the process  you've allow him to have a better taste, what do you expect? the Bible Says in the book of Prov. 14:1 "a wise women builds her own house, but foolish pull it down with her own hand" Sex among other issues cause these things, i do not ague that some men are not wicked but I tell you no matter whom a man is that thing called Sex is a strong power woman has to control her husband, and when a man loose the grip another woman take over the grip and control her husband usually not to her favors.
i have much to say but little to write, for  more expo contact me on treoglobalservices@yahoo.com
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by ronkebp(f): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
gonzaga:

@ Poster, this should not be a blanket generalization as there are still a few good men around. As I type this reply, I am cooking cos am on vacation and my wifey has gone to work. We have been married for 3 years and we have 2 kids and I have never cheated on her. I knw there are men also that have never cheated on their wives. Both of us are bankers and we try to help out with chores as much as time permits.

My wifey in particular is a special type. She is not the stingy and nagging type and she's always willing and ready to help even with huge financial commitments. Because I run an online masters programme, the fees sometimes throw my account into red. At such times, she just comes around and wisphers those soothing words:"I knw hw much u have spent, dont worry I will take care of the expenses for this month" This type of comment gingers me to even do well so that I can get a mind blogging offer after my masters. How many women in Nigeria today are ready to do this?

Sexually she satisfies me and even indulges my fantasies. the only thing we have mutually agreed never to try out is the BehindBased stuff. She respects, adores and supports me in all ramifications. Our quarrels have never gone physical but just verbal disagreements. I feel even God will not be happy with me if I cheat on this rare gem!

The thing is that most women fail to understand their man. A man wants to be the man, and will naturally differ to the person that makes him feel like a man! When women begin to understand this, this adultrous attitude will greatly decrease. Though it's not easy, it easier to be faithful to a woman that respects and adores u!
GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by ronkebp(f): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ poster, there are so many marraiges that God has not joined together, some people are enjoying their union irrespective of what they are going through only because God is the foundation of such relationships. I would rather the couples looked inward to see what joined them together, is it God or money, sex, friends, family, physical looks, unnecessary attraction. and so on. And what God has not joined together, ''trust me'' when i say, so many things would put asunder, unless they run to HIM.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by jpphilips(m): 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
sometime it is wrong for us to be looking for the cure of a disease instead of looking 4 d cause, some women are evil, they turned their husband to whatever they are, some frustrated their partner to that extent, can you imagine a wife after swearing with Bible at the altar that she will submit herself including her body to her husband but often deny her husband sex, one major purpose of marriage, some men does not have the grace of enduring this, they end up try it somewhere, and you must know that because the woman outside knows she has rival she will give the best  to satisfy him different styles, in the process  you've allow him to have a better taste, what do you expect? the Bible Says in the book of Prov. 14:1 "a wise women builds her own house, but foolish pull it down with her own hand" Sex among other issues cause these things, i do not ague that some men are not wicked but I tell you no matter whom a man is that thing called Sex is a strong power woman has to control her husband, and when a man loose the grip another woman take over the grip and control her husband usually not to her favors.

pls help me ask the poster whether the mistress is not a woman. I can understand a man's indifference to his family because of career but i don't understand it when another woman is involved, or perhaps the mistress has two heads, just wondering
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by ronkebp(f): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
jp philips:

pls help me ask the poster whether the mistress is not a woman. I can understand a man's indifference to his family because of career but i don't understand it when another woman is involved, or perhaps the mistress has two heads, just wondering

As if, if you are eating only pounded yam, person no dey tire to eat the same pounded yam everyday forever!!!!!! the men (who are promiscuous and useless) would always try something else even if they have a QUEEN, in the house. Till the one outside uses juju on them and buries their head (men) between her thighs.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by godman01(m): 4:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
Doesn't happen in every relationship.
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by BiafranFirstSon(m): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
Sometimes a good man is turned into a womanizer by a bad woman. Corinthians 7:4-5 said the wife has no power over her own body because her body belongs to the husband. The same law goes to the husband,his body belongs to the wife. But some wife do dictate to the husband when to touch them and when not. It is not fair! Therefore if the man by the hook or the crook finds another woman who wants what the man can offer,it will be difficult bringing that man back home, He will not even bother the wife @ home anymore. Now she will start to raise dust. "It is better to keep a prostitute with a humble and contrite heart than to marry a virgin that treats u with contempt and disdain" quote me anyday!
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by Honeycity(f): 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
its such a pity some women are being maltreated by their husbands, funny enough most of these women would have noticed such traits in their husbands while dating but would rather choose to ignore such signs believing such men would change after marriage,
Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by jpphilips(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
As if, if you are eating only pounded yam, person no dey tire to eat the same pounded yam everyday forever!!!!!! the men (who are promiscuous and useless) would always try something else even if they have a QUEEN, in the house.  Till the one outside uses juju on them and buries their head (men) between her thighs.

i can guess u were once a man in your former life, if promiscuous Men tell you in all honesty their wife's stories, you will give them your sister.
the bad news is that these ladies misbehave without even knowing it because their friends are doing it or they are motivated by one lunatic man of God.

A friend's wife called and told me her husband has not spoken to her in days, during our hang out i asked him and he said that he came back to the house the previous week only for the wife to have brought a lunatic man of God who defaced the whole compound with chalk and candle of different colors.

this is a Man that has no marital issues, the same lunatic convinced the wife that people are after them. can you imagine, yet the woman saw nothing wrong in defacing your husband's house without his consent what a disrespect? yet she was first to call to let me know that the husband is a bad person.

trust me; if you need rest of mind, don't take women serious

Re: Crying And Smiling Wives by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
godman01:

Doesn't happen in every relationship.
dont know why OP is generalizing it oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? / Please My Marriage ! Advice Please / How Do We Avoid Future Chaos In The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.