Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" (25924 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Nigerian Senior Lawyer Wears Tattered Wig & Robe To Court [he’s Pictured] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gistmedia10: 12:00pm On Mar 20
"You will not see peace in this unit" A senior soldier has allegedly threatened his junior colleague for addressing him as "Officer" instead of using his rank or "sir." The incident, which has sparked concerns about discipline and respect within the armed forces, reportedly took place at an undisclosed location.

The senior soldier, whose name has not been disclosed, was said to have become visibly agitated when the junior referred to him as "Officer" rather than using his official rank or the customary "sir." Eyewitnesses claim that in a fit of anger, the senior soldier confronted the junior, stating, "You will not see peace in this unit if you continue disrespecting me in this manner."

Tensions reportedly escalated as the exchange continued, with the senior soldier emphasizing the importance of military etiquette and the hierarchy within the unit. The junior, taken aback by the strong reaction, attempted to explain that he meant no disrespect and was simply following what he believed to be the appropriate form of address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWryYf_ZwLw

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by AmakaTips2: 12:03pm On Mar 20
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Racoon(m): 12:04pm On Mar 20
What has addressing you with your rank caused you- demotes or elevates you? This is sheer display of arrogancy and inferiority complex.You can't be a gentleman office even among your subordinates. A course they taught them in the NDA.

Perhaps the officer should go to the battle field to enable BH terrorists help him assert the peeps rank he is bragging about. What nonsense! Discipline have really degenerated in the military.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by helinues: 12:06pm On Mar 20
"You will not see peace in this unit if you continue disrespecting me in this manner."

That's too personal. That you are in one position today don't mean you would be there tomorrow

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by CodeTemplar: 12:40pm On Mar 20
Unprofessional.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by ConfidentialDoc: 1:12pm On Mar 20
Let the junior officer try that in the US army....

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by UnstableFC: 1:19pm On Mar 20
Maaaaaad republic

Cocaine sniffing president.

And an army filled with PTSD psychos

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Cindypresh(f): 2:16pm On Mar 20
Chai, this is how low they've reduced our millitary to?? There's nothing encouraging about this country anymore.

Useless arm force

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Artscollection: 3:24pm On Mar 20
Arrogant fools!!! Both of them,low self esteem don finish those idiots

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by pongwa(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20
This is what happens when you recruit people who have senators as their godfathers.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Melagros(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20
COMRADES this is unethical and unacceptable especially in African settings, you can't address your superior like that
Even in the office, do you call your manager by their names?

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by CorrectionFLuid: 3:51pm On Mar 20
Every police man na officer I dey call them o. Lol.

I dey avoid army people. I don't believe they are okay.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by ValCon888: 5:37pm On Mar 20
Nigerian army are naturally useless. Incompetence and bloodthirst is in their DNA.

They can kill themselves for all I care.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Hadej55: 6:14pm On Mar 20
Imagine
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by STEWpid(f): 6:14pm On Mar 20
Chai..

...and one Lieutenant Colonel, two Majors, one Captain were among the military personnels that were just slaughtered in the recent incidence at Ughelli South of Delta State.

Similar scenario is the reason you'll hear that a junior personnel opened fire at his senior, killing him instantly.

...when intimidation becomes too much to bear!!

It is expected that our galant men and officers in the military are professional in both their internal and external conducts!!

Who are they??

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Tecnophone: 6:15pm On Mar 20
thou shall not see peace in this unit..... Too much personalized.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 6:15pm On Mar 20
The average Nigerian with intimidation shaaaaa😒😏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Nazgul: 6:17pm On Mar 20
He probably was expecting the junior ranked soldier to address him as Sir, but that one called him officer.

Officer is what civilians address junior officers as (including policemen) that's why the oga was angry. grin

In my opinion, I feel he shouldn't have bursted out like that. He took it so personal. That's a very poor behavior from someone of his status

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by geoworldedu: 6:18pm On Mar 20
Officer, why are you getting so angry na?
Oh sorry, I just committed the same crime. shocked

Come and catch me, I dey my house grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by KingAzubuike(f): 6:18pm On Mar 20
If its an offence to call a superior officer, so its also an offence for a NCO to call a superior NCO soldier.?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Raylight2(m): 6:18pm On Mar 20
Gistmedia10:
"You will not see peace in this unit" A senior soldier has allegedly threatened his junior colleague for addressing him as "Officer" instead of using his rank or "sir." The incident, which has sparked concerns about discipline and respect within the armed forces, reportedly took place at an undisclosed location.

The senior soldier, whose name has not been disclosed, was said to have become visibly agitated when the junior referred to him as "Officer" rather than using his official rank or the customary "sir." Eyewitnesses claim that in a fit of anger, the senior soldier confronted the junior, stating, "You will not see peace in this unit if you continue disrespecting me in this manner."

Tensions reportedly escalated as the exchange continued, with the senior soldier emphasizing the importance of military etiquette and the hierarchy within the unit. The junior, taken aback by the strong reaction, attempted to explain that he meant no disrespect and was simply following what he believed to be the appropriate form of address.

Try call a Nigerian Professor Dr. Come back and share your testimony.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by worldclass68(m): 6:18pm On Mar 20
He's a lieutenant ( an officer in the army)

Probably he wants him to address him by his rank.
That's the standard.

Lieutenant XYZ.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by KingAzubuike(f): 6:20pm On Mar 20
Na only colitos dey get this kind mentality. The RC guys don't behave this way

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Mrhonesty: 6:20pm On Mar 20
You don't know anything about the Army. Someone who joined the Army a week before you is your superior. You only address your mate as officer. Disciplinary action will be taken against the junior officer.
quote author=CodeTemplar post=129019640]Unprofessional.[/quote]

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by ecolime(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20
Raylight2:

I actually learnt this lesson the hard way. I once called a Professor, Mr unconsciously grin

I was a young and naive jambite. I was fresh out of secondary school so I didn't put much thought into titles.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by geoworldedu: 6:20pm On Mar 20
Raylight2:

Someone called me Doctor mistakenly and I lovingly told her, Don't do that, I'm a BACHELOR cheesy

Bachelor of Science

Luckily for me, she was a spinster too.

Now she's my wife grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Hassanmaye(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20
Gistmedia10:

Hahahaha
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by NFBI: 6:21pm On Mar 20
He should be punished the junior officer for disrespect
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20
Lol 😆
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Strap: 6:21pm On Mar 20
Bros in the the US Army they don't take all this serious.it as bad as they don't even salute senior officers unlike nigeria.
ConfidentialDoc:
Let the junior officer try that in the US army....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.