Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" (25936 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Nigerian Senior Lawyer Wears Tattered Wig & Robe To Court [he’s Pictured] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Jasonekah98: 8:20pm On Mar 20
Old video grin

"you think you're the strongest man in your village" grin grin
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by koboko69: 8:22pm On Mar 20
Racoon:
What has addressing you with your rank caused you- demotes or elevates you? This is sheer display of arrogancy and inferiority complex.You can't be a gentleman office even among your subordinates. A course they taught them in the NDA.

Perhaps the officer should go to the battle field to enable BH terrorists help him assert the peeps rank he is bragging about. What nonsense! Discipline have really degenerated in the military.

Shut up! No be everything you go put mouth...cho cho cho cho. All those threats are normal military talks. U see that lieutenant, wait till u see a captain one rank above him finish him with talks like this. That is military for you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Asswipemod: 8:35pm On Mar 20
Racoon:
What has addressing you with your rank caused you- demotes or elevates you? This is sheer display of arrogancy and inferiority complex.You can't be a gentleman office even among your subordinates. A course they taught them in the NDA.

Perhaps the officer should go to the battle field to enable BH terrorists help him assert the peeps rank he is bragging about. What nonsense! Discipline have really degenerated in the military.

Stop making bozoic comments, will you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by NoToPile: 8:42pm On Mar 20
It's wrong, you address appropriately, even in the civil service.

Every profession has its ethics.

Age is not a factor

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Fujiyama: 9:08pm On Mar 20
Truvelisback:
Na he has given civillians the tongues to wag.

^^^
undecided

Somehow, someway, somebody somewhere must find a way to drag civilians (who are just minding their own business) into these people's matter.

There is no civilian in that clip. They (at least the ones I know) do not know what is going on among these soldiers and they do not care. The civilians I know are just trying to make ends meet under very difficult circumstances - in a deeply troubled country. They are busy people and do not have time for nonsense. The last thing on their minds is 'wagging their tongues' on a matter they have absolutely no stake or interest in. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by GABRIEL6036: 9:15pm On Mar 20
This old video nah abi werrey niyin ni πŸ˜‘
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Hamature(m): 9:38pm On Mar 20
It's an old video though
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by erniok(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20
tyup:

Who told you?? Are you allowing Hollywood get into you by chance??
Which Hollywood. Hollywood where you go dey hear: sir yes sir abi e get another one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by tiswell(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20
geoworldedu:
Someone called me Doctor mistakenly and I lovingly told her, Don't do that, I'm a BACHELOR cheesy

Bachelor of Science

Luckily for me, she was a spinster too.

Now she's my wife grin
she is the lucky one to have you as her husband.

You are the prize πŸ†!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Melagros(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20
DeAnonymousGuy:

In a formal setting, you address you boss by his name.
Good morning Mr Seun.
Good morning Mrs Nkechi.

Is Nigeria a formal setting?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Melagros(m): 10:01pm On Mar 20
Collins4u1:

You're still living in 19th century.
travel out and see
Do you know the gibberish you typed here at all? We are talking about Nigeria and you're talking about first world or developed countries

In developed countries students call lecturers by their names and it is normal over there, try calling your lecturers by their names in Nigeria and see whether you will ever graduate from that school
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Melagros(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20
alphaNomega:

"Landlord, travel and see..." grin
In case you don't know, let me give just one assignment; when you were in school do you used to call your lecturers by their names?

But students in first world countries call lecturers by their names and it is normal over there
Try this in Nigeria and see whether you will ever graduate from your school

Honestly, I don't know how people understand statements, we are talking about Nigeria and zoom you guys just travelled to developed countries

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Cindypresh(f): 10:13pm On Mar 20
IamAtAnger:
U can go and nationalise in Niger or Chad.. you have options

Come and force me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Nuzo1(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20
tyup:

Who told you?? Are you allowing Hollywood get into you by chance??

Even Hollywood doesn’t make such mistakes.

Na so so sir you go dey hear for their movies. The least you can do is call him by his rank if you get mind.

But officer? Such mistake never occurs anywhere in the world.

Basic rules in the army is almost the same everywhere in world.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Magabush1(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20
What you're explaining is incorrect bro. He is an officer if he is commissioned. Officers are from the rank of 2nd lieutenant to General ,while the low ranking military guys are referred to as soldiers. It's just that in Nigeria , we refer to anybody on uniform as officer. In the military,u can't call a private or sergeant an officer . Thanks and God bless πŸ™

Nazgul:
He probably was expecting the junior ranked soldier to address him as Sir, but that one called him officer.

Officer is what civilians address junior officers as (including policemen) that's why the oga was angry. grin

In my opinion, I feel he shouldn't have bursted out like that. He took it so personal. That's a very poor behavior from someone of his status

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by beardedboy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20
Strap:
Bros in the the US Army they don't take all this serious.it as bad as they don't even salute senior officers unlike nigeria.
You're telling a big lie jare. Regard for superiors is a core value of every force. How can you take orders and maintain orderliness in a war front if you don't have utmost respect (in fact awe) for your superiors?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by chatinent: 10:50pm On Mar 20
This video is older than 2023 elections.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by chatinent: 10:52pm On Mar 20
worldclass68:
He's a lieutenant ( an officer in the army)

Probably he wants him to address him by his rank.
That's the standard.

Lieutenant XYZ.

Nah...that's not it. He wants to be addressed as "oga sir."

Calling his rank or "officer" is like a mockery in the Nigeria military.

But guess the twist? Foreign soldiers call them that and they sheepishly answer with a smile. A white private soldier will call a Captain by his title and shake hands. Dem no born you well even as a sergeant in Nigeria to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by stagger: 10:57pm On Mar 20
The fool is not even standing at attention when being corrected. Imagine the disrespect and insubordination. They should make him do fatigue under hot sun for 5 days.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by stagger: 10:58pm On Mar 20
Melagros:

In case you don't know, let me give just one assignment; when you were in school do you used to call your lecturers by their names?

But students in first world countries call lecturers by their names and it is normal over there

Honestly, I don't know how people understand statements, we are talking about Nigeria and zoom you guys just travelled to developed countries
The day an Arise TV correspondent called Dr Reuben Abati by his first name, the guy lost it totally and gave the lady a hefty bashing on live TV.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gandrova: 11:21pm On Mar 20
Strap:
Bros in the the US Army they don't take all this serious.it as bad as they don't even salute senior officers unlike nigeria.
It is not true, it's a must to salute your senior

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Nazgul: 11:23pm On Mar 20
Magabush1:
What you're explaining is incorrect bro. He is an officer if he is commissioned. Officers are from the rank of 2nd lieutenant to General ,while the low ranking military guys are referred to as soldiers. It's just that in Nigeria , we refer to anybody on uniform as officer. In the military,u can't call a private or sergeant an officer . Thanks and God bless πŸ™
Lol...even a secondary school student knows this.

In the military, you refer to your superiors either by their rank or Sir. You don't call them officer. Only civilians do that.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by kyuniii(m): 11:37pm On Mar 20
geoworldedu:
Officer, why are you getting so angry na?
Oh sorry, I just committed the same crime. shocked

Come and catch me, I dey my house grin
Hahaha, You will not see peace in this unit if you continue disrespecting me in this manner."

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:43pm On Mar 20
helinues:

That's too personal. That you are in one position today don't mean you would be there tomorrow
allow him to enjoy today first nah Abi which kind of jealousy be dis self

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by crossbreedwears(m): 12:27am On Mar 21
People like you mislead a lot of people. I doubt if you've any family in the military or you have ever served in the armed forces. What the junior officer did is a punishable offense. Why would you address your senior in the job as "officer"? What happens to the normal way to greeting seniors? Another officer even said why being disrespect? You address your senior with respect and that's why the armed forces talks more about insubordination. Lastly, not every officer you see attended NDA. We have 5 ways of commissioning and different location for training
Racoon:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Truthsandtrusts: 12:58am On Mar 21
Gistmedia10:
"You will not see peace in this unit" A senior soldier has allegedly threatened his junior colleague for addressing him as "Officer" instead of using his rank or "sir." The incident, which has sparked concerns about discipline and respect within the armed forces, reportedly took place at an undisclosed location.

The senior soldier, whose name has not been disclosed, was said to have become visibly agitated when the junior referred to him as "Officer" rather than using his official rank or the customary "sir." Eyewitnesses claim that in a fit of anger, the senior soldier confronted the junior, stating, "You will not see peace in this unit if you continue disrespecting me in this manner."

Tensions reportedly escalated as the exchange continued, with the senior soldier emphasizing the importance of military etiquette and the hierarchy within the unit. The junior, taken aback by the strong reaction, attempted to explain that he meant no disrespect and was simply following what he believed to be the appropriate form of address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWryYf_ZwLw

No Love, power dey sweet.power dey finish....
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Weknowbetter: 1:50am On Mar 21
All that aggression and smoke for a young civilian but nothing for thugs who ambush and take their heads
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by alphaNomega: 2:05am On Mar 21
Melagros:

okay, let us send that junior soldier to firing squad. how dare he address his superior as an officer, a whole organic soldier? firing squad, now!
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Steve0979(m): 2:17am On Mar 21
Magabush1:
What you're explaining is incorrect bro. He is an officer if he is commissioned. Officers are from the rank of 2nd lieutenant to General ,while the low ranking military guys are referred to as soldiers. It's just that in Nigeria , we refer to anybody on uniform as officer. In the military,u can't call a private or sergeant an officer . Thanks and God bless πŸ™ everybody is an officer in d military,u are either a commissioned officer or a non commission officer

everybody is an officer in the military,u are either a commissioned or a non-commissioned officer
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:59am On Mar 21
Morbeta11:
Pls I don't know anything about their official conduct but what is wrong with calling h officer? Can someone educate me.

In Military anywhere in the world you cannot call your senior officer, you use Sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by darediamond(m): 4:28am On Mar 21
CorrectionFLuid:
Every police man na officer I dey call them o. Lol.

I dey avoid army people. I don't believe they are okay.
No 1 ZOMBIE IS WHAT NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ARE!!
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Morbeta11(m): 5:12am On Mar 21
SamuelAnyawu:

In Military anywhere in the world you cannot call your senior officer, you use Sir.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) / Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.