Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" (25937 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Nigerian Senior Lawyer Wears Tattered Wig & Robe To Court [he’s Pictured] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Collins4u1(m): 7:13am On Mar 21
Melagros:

Do you know the gibberish you typed here at all? We are talking about Nigeria and you're talking about first world or developed countries

In developed countries students call lecturers by their names and it is normal over there, try calling your lecturers by their names in Nigeria and see whether you will ever graduate from that school

even in secondary school in Nigeria here, students call their teachers by their name.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by uchwar1: 7:44am On Mar 21
Racoon:
What has addressing you with your rank caused you- demotes or elevates you? This is sheer display of arrogancy and inferiority complex.You can't be a gentleman office even among your subordinates. A course they taught them in the NDA.

Perhaps the officer should go to the battle field to enable BH terrorists help him assert the peeps rank he is bragging about. What nonsense! Discipline have really degenerated in the military.
it is better to ignore somethings at times
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by PropertyBuying(f): 8:05am On Mar 21
Putting things in right perspective in addressing a senior colleague...
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Judolisco(m): 9:14am On Mar 21
ecolime:

I actually learnt this lesson the hard way. I once called a Professor, Mr unconsciously grin

I was a young and naive jambite. I was fresh out of secondary school so I didn't put much thought into titles.
lol.. Once u call them prof sir.... U can proceed to say anything afterwards
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Judolisco(m): 9:55am On Mar 21
Strap:
Bros in the the US Army they don't take all this serious.it as bad as they don't even salute senior officers unlike nigeria.
u address your superior with their rank... But they don't salute up and down like us.... For here if u pass your superior 100 times u must salute 101 times
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by babajero(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21
Gistmedia10:
"You will not see peace in this unit" A senior soldier has allegedly threatened his junior colleague for addressing him as "Officer" instead of using his rank or "sir." The incident, which has sparked concerns about discipline and respect within the armed forces, reportedly took place at an undisclosed location.

The senior soldier, whose name has not been disclosed, was said to have become visibly agitated when the junior referred to him as "Officer" rather than using his official rank or the customary "sir." Eyewitnesses claim that in a fit of anger, the senior soldier confronted the junior, stating, "You will not see peace in this unit if you continue disrespecting me in this manner."

Tensions reportedly escalated as the exchange continued, with the senior soldier emphasizing the importance of military etiquette and the hierarchy within the unit. The junior, taken aback by the strong reaction, attempted to explain that he meant no disrespect and was simply following what he believed to be the appropriate form of address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWryYf_ZwLw
Tribalism in the military is what I observed there.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gbengageorge: 2:06pm On Mar 21
Hmmm, so you are disciplining her in the oza room grin

geoworldedu:
Someone called me Doctor mistakenly and I lovingly told her, Don't do that, I'm a BACHELOR cheesy

Bachelor of Science

Luckily for me, she was a spinster too.

Now she's my wife grin
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by ChristCee: 2:43pm On Mar 21
Tecnophone:
thou shall not see peace in this unit..... Too much personalized.
He is God na... foolish idiots in uniforms that should have never been part of the military. No be him mate them kpai the other time? So let him keep playing God.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21
tyup:

I go argue am with you anywhere, Na lie. Most RC guys are the rudest and pumpus. they feel they're better than anyone else.

Leave am. Even the way those RC guys dey always mock Nd prove higher to DSSC and SSC guys when they are even on same rank...
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21
valentineuwakwe:
Nigerian soldiers can over do eh....na so one wey say him na naval cadet....claim to tap her babe voice notes n begin threaten me say i dey toast him babe oo....
When i para n show who i be.....him shock n pipe low...

What will even make a senior officer begin para just becos of name calling....naija sef tire me

Someone he for order mk them carry go cell go mend him... He come dey raise voice...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:58pm On Mar 21
crossbreedwears:
People like you mislead a lot of people. I doubt if you've any family in the military or you have ever served in the armed forces. What the junior officer did is a punishable offense. Why would you address your senior in the job as "officer"? What happens to the normal way to greeting seniors? Another officer even said why being disrespect? You address your senior with respect and that's why the armed forces talks more about insubordination. Lastly, not every officer you see attended NDA. We have 5 ways of commissioning and different location for training

I am much aware of 3 which are SSC, DSSC and Executive commissioning Ie from soldier to officer.
Can u tell me the remaining two....
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by usagee36: 2:38am On Mar 22
Hope you know America is a country with laws? Americn senior officers arent arrogant. We got class bruh!
ConfidentialDoc:
Let the junior officer try that in the US army....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by crossbreedwears(m): 4:03pm On Mar 22
What about Regular Combatant Course which is 5 years of training in the Nigeria defense academy? What about commissioning for Master Warrant officer (MWO) to Captain?
Gentlesoul2021:

I am much aware of 3 which are SSC, DSSC and Executive commissioning Ie from soldier to officer.
Can u tell me the remaining two....
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:53pm On Mar 22
crossbreedwears:
What about Regular Combatant Course which is 5 years of training in the Nigeria defense academy? What about commissioning for Master Warrant officer (MWO) to Captain?

Yes RC is 1 ( Regular combatant course) at the NDA for 5 years

Commissioning for master warrant officer to captain is known as the Executive commissioning (EC)

There are practically 4 ways of becoming an officer in the military;
RC- course at the NDA
DSSC- For university graduates
SSC - for university graduates
EC- earned by master warrant (from non- commission to commission) who stand out or likely recommended.

I do not think it is 5 as u mentioned...
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by crossbreedwears(m): 7:17am On Mar 23
You're right from 1-4 but the 5th one is another type of commissioning because the master warrant officers don't undergo training while Executive Commissioning(EC) from corporal above plus 12 or 15 years in service. Those ones undergo officer training in Jaji
Gentlesoul2021:

Commissioning for master warrant officer to captain is known as the Executive commissioning (EC)

RC- course at the NDA
EC- earned by master warrant (from non- commission to commission) who stand out or likely recommended.

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by crossbreedwears(m): 7:18am On Mar 23
Are you in the service?
Gentlesoul2021:

RC- course at the NDA

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by tyup(m): 12:12pm On Mar 23
Gentlesoul2021:

Leave am. Even the way those RC guys dey always mock Nd prove higher to DSSC and SSC guys when they are even on same rank...

Dont mind them. Folks that can hardly have a better life after the Military. DSSC wey go don go school, mingle with lotta brilliant mind & folks, get enlightened on lotta stuffs Regulars can never know.

If you select 100 Rich uncorrupt Military personnel, 80% of them are DSSC folks.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:20am On Mar 24
tyup:

Dont mind them. Folks that can hardly have a better life after the Military. DSSC wey go don go school, mingle with lotta brilliant mind & folks, get enlightened on lotta stuffs Regulars can never know.

If you select 100 Rich uncorrupt Military personnel, 80% of them are DSSC folks.

πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by dreamxhaser: 7:28pm On Mar 24
tyup:

Lol, una funny ooooh

So even military get discrimination?

Come to think of those RC (NDA) boys to get pride.

They have very fragile ego.

Na so we dey manage with those cadet boys for Kaduna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) / Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.