Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Women Should Reject Marriage As It Cages Them And Limit Their Potentials - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Should Reject Marriage As It Cages Them And Limit Their Potentials (101 Views)

IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women Should Reject Marriage As It Cages Them And Limit Their Potentials by cyrilamx(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20
An X user had satirically lent his voice with that of feminists on how marriage cages women and limit them from reaching their true potentials. Below is his words of “defence” from his X account.

Considering marriage makes women give up their ambitious, trailblazing and paradigm-shifting dreams, I find it troubling, if not a tad misogynistic, that men still propose matrimony to women they claim to love.

Men know marriage limits women, much like a cage limits a bird, yet they find a way to ensnare them into a horribly oppressive patriarchal construct.

A man who truly loves a woman will not marry her. He will help her maintain her freedom and keep her unrestrained by the shackles of wedlock so she can actualise her dream - whatever that is.

Anyone with half an eye can see how pioneering and visionary the average woman is; how it is typical to see them on podcasts, Whatsapp, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram talking about their dreams of being the next Elon Musk, Satoshi Nakamoto or Steve Jobs. We hear countless women daily express their undying objective of being the richest person on the planet through industry, or being the most powerful person in the world.

Just yesterday, I spoke with so many young women in their late teens and early 20s in one of the universities in the country, and they all said they wanted to be among the top 10% of software engineers in the world. One even said she hopes to Revolutionise interplanetary travel and spearhead the colonization of mars by 2030.

Hence, it is an egregious disservice to mankind, for men to cage the adventurous, inventive and high-achieving half of the population with marriage and reduce them to cooks, house cleaners, sex slaves and child-breeders.

And it is for these reasons, I do not disguise my contempt for married men. when I see one, I see an oppressor. I see a dream killer. I see a man who has clipped yet another pair of high-flying wings which would have embraced the winds of destiny and reached for the stars. Then I feel an intense and overbearing sadness for his innocent wife.

A man who marries a woman does not love her. And a woman who accepts a man's proposal does not love herself.
Culled from @yehgha post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Organ Donor Available / How To Avoid Marriage Wahala And Reap Its Benefits / Buy Aluminum Alloy Detachable Float Afloat Oars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.