Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived (57170 Views)

Man Narrates How He Survived Being 'Brutally Stabbed' 12 Times (Photo) / Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off / Kenyan Boy's Hands Re-attached By Doctors After It Was Cut Off. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:14pm On Mar 20
A teenager has defied the odds by surviving a horrifying forklift truck accident that left him needing urgent surgery to amputate the bottom half of his body.

Loren Schauers, 19, was driving the industrial truck across a bridge when he veered off, plummeted 50ft and found himself pinned to the ground beneath the massive vehicle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8978251/Teen-entire-bottom-half-body-amputated-Montana.html?ito=social-facebook

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Nwodosis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20
Being half alive is better than being half dead

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:17pm On Mar 20
He remained totally conscious the entire time - and look down to see his right arm had exploded and everything below his hips was completely squashed.

The young labourer made the brave decision to let medics perform hemicorperectomy surgery - where everything below his waist was amputated - to save his life.

Doctors told his devastated girlfriend Sabia Reiche, now 21, he wouldn't survive, and she said goodbye to him six times, fearing he wouldn't live another day.

22 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:21pm On Mar 20
His girlfriend stood by him even when she was told it is impossible to save him from the horor

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:25pm On Mar 20
Loren Schauers working before the accident

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:35pm On Mar 20
The pair had only been together for 18 months when the accident happened but said the turmoil brought them closer together, and they got engaged this year.

Loren, from Great Falls, Montana, said in a YouTube video: 'I was conscious throughout everything so I actually watched as the forklift fell on top of me and crushed my body.

'Every medical professional I come across is pretty amazed by everything, especially with the story that comes along with my injuries.

'It wasn't a hard choice to have half of my body amputated - it was basically a choice of living or dying.

'With Sabia assuring to stay by my side no matter what and all my immediate family being around me, it really wasn't a hard choice for me!'

Loren was working as a labourer on a construction site during a bridge rehabilitation job in September 2019.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:38pm On Mar 20
Schauers is pictured attending physiotherapy after the operation in Montana

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 4:43pm On Mar 20
Schauers is pictured with his girlfriend after his operation

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Coolestguy2023: 4:47pm On Mar 20
Can never be a Nigerian girl

327 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Melagros(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20
COMRADES, this is so pathetic, may we not suffer the same fate as this man, abeg oo, may God continue to protect us

If this incident had happened in Nigeria the victim could have been buried since

284 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 5:08pm On Mar 20
Melagros:
COMRADES, this is so pathetic, may we not suffer the same fate as this man, abeg oo, may God continue to protect us

If this incident had happened in Nigeria the victim could have been buried since
You are just right! May God dey protect as we dey hustle for our daily bread.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gbaskiboy: 5:09pm On Mar 20
Coolestguy2023:
Don't let Nigerian babes come for you oo

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Uyi168: 5:11pm On Mar 20
Things dey happen for this life o

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by slipperyanus07: 7:35pm On Mar 20
He never have sex again cry

29 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Balablue64: 8:17pm On Mar 20
Where's his dick?

6 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by dominique(f): 8:23pm On Mar 20
How does he pass waste? sad
Big kudos to his girlfriend turned wife for sticking with him all through the ordeal. Too bad they'll never have biological kids sad

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by AllahOfBlood: 8:29pm On Mar 20
angry

God have mercy on your children as we go out daily in search of our daily bread

16 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by nedekid: 8:30pm On Mar 20
Which kin wahala be dis shocked

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by NFBI: 8:30pm On Mar 20
slipperyanus07:
He never have sex again cry
We didn't come to this world to have only sex

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by ViceGovernor: 8:30pm On Mar 20
By all means a living dog is better than a dead lion.
He has life therefore he has hope

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by ukaface(f): 8:30pm On Mar 20
Coolestguy2023:
You fit stay??

You go tell your daughter or sister to stay?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by UncleKoboko: 8:31pm On Mar 20
Coolestguy2023:

Lifestyle, philosophy and psychology is different here.
Survival and material things is a big deal for us...
We are mostly hustlers living from hand to mouth, unlike with them, food and basic amenities is not really a problem.

On the contrary, if na your sister or daughter, you go like make she stay?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Judolisco(m): 8:31pm On Mar 20
Omo... Doctors u have to help me out here.. How dis guy go dey urinate and defecate....

na suffer bdis oh... Stop saying he should have jst died... Dying no easy walahi, so if u dey him shoes wetin u go do?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by EngrchidiG25(m): 8:31pm On Mar 20
Wahala plenty for this life o

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by cyborg123(m): 8:32pm On Mar 20
cry
I respect people that cling to life against all odds.

Isn't death better than living like this?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Goodlady(f): 8:32pm On Mar 20
Ehhhh. God is great!
Half body is indeed better than being dead.

Goddess Mode
But I m looking down below, have they scrapped his totoyos too?
How ll he be able to v sex?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Amigoss: 8:32pm On Mar 20
What is the essence of living shocked

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by tefishy(m): 8:32pm On Mar 20
cry
Life isn't measured by riches, beauty or all of those stuffs. It's all about being alive. Appreciate life

10 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by Nlanalyst: 8:33pm On Mar 20
Melagros:

I would rather be happily dead actually than to live like this.
For what exactly?

25 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by phemmie06(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20
Half alive is already half dead.
Half past 7 is already half to eight

Nwodosis:
Being half alive is better than being half dead

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived by gasparpisciotta: 8:34pm On Mar 20
Incredible will to live

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo : Man Commits Suicide By Hanging After Incest With Daughter (Photo) / Mechanic Slips Into Coma A Day After His Wedding, Dies 6 Days Later (Photo) / Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.