Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship (10550 Views)

Shettima to Nigerians: Amid hardship, protest in a responsible and mature manner / Anger As Akpabio Mocks Nigerians Amid Nationwide Hardship / Fayose Wants Data Prices Reduced For Nigerians Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by writeprof(m): 11:18am On Mar 21
Freshtruth:
point of correction even north didn't vote for Tinubu he bought Nigeria with Lagos money sir

Who did he buy it from? the south
Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by dettolgel: 1:28pm On Mar 21
TopBanter:

How can it be hogwash? You’re talking above our present reality and challenge with your post which shows you don’t understand that quick fixes are sometimes needed for existential challenges before robust, comprehensive and long term solutions, such as you correctly suggest, can be in place.

Our First Lady did not put the onus of deliverance of food security on Nigerians alone. She is imploring, for now, they play their part while Government do their bit also to create a synergy of effort that will solve a national problem before enduring and long-term solution becomes our reality.

The issue is that Nigerians love attacking leaders and government they feel, with their exaggerated sense of entitlement, must address all their issues and even wipe their asses for them.

The average Nigerian does not even view himself as part of the solution anymore. He is comfortable, with begging bowl in hand, pleading for charity for every problem he faces to include those he has the power and capacity to solve.

Since the food security problems began, even with the blockade Northern farmers enacted against the South under Buhari, I have been researching fish, livestock and crop farming.

I have never farmed before but rose to the challenge because I believe government cannot do it all. I have now started a fish farm an Uncle supervises for me while I provide the investment (start-up and ongoing cost) to get us to first yield.

Google “start a fish farm in your garden”. Use the video option to see loads of videos of how to inexpensively begin farming Catfish, Tilapia etal to satisfy your own domestic need with even enough to sell profitably.

The fact is that citizens worldwide rise up to the challenge of doing their bit when their nation is severely troubled.

I have done my bit and it has been a good journey so far showing me most Nigerians can also do same if they eschew all forms of bitterness against leaders and leadership failure to instead focus on what can be, for themselves and fellow Nigerians, if they join the solutions-provision search for our nation in areas they at least have some control over.

With farming, and in safe areas of Nigeria, your yield is your own to use in fighting hunger and perhaps even making yourself rich.

Bottom line is that Tinubu did not cause the problem. Buhari did. Buhari led with such anti-Nigeria wickedness to the extent it is even a miracle we at not at Rwanda genocide level currently.

In some parts of the North, bandit insecurity has rendered farming a “death business” because criminals now demand large sums of money to allow farmers harvest or face death and destruction of their farm and yield.

Knowing this reality, and instead of focusing on the problems alone as many are obsessed with doing, why can’t Nigerians show they can rise to a challenge by starting small farms where safe to do so?

That way we defeat the problem in the short term and also frustrate those, unfortunately in the ascendency today, who want a Nigeria beset with hunger, chaos, killings, divisions etc.

Please stick to the point. I never accused any particular president rather I mentioned politicians. So please don't derail with who caused the issue.

Going by your example about having fish pond in your garden.

1. Can you give us a practical cost and ways someone earning minimum wage living in a rented house will be able to start a fish pond in the backyard? I doubt if you know what being poor is.

2. Like I pointed out earlier. Please tell us how many percentage of Nigerians can benefit from this quick fix and what is the cost and land allocation require to achieve this quick cost. It is easier to type fluffy words on line. This is time for reality. Please itemised the process for a simple quick fix and how much it will cost.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by xman4u: 1:48pm On Mar 21
CREATE CONDUCIVE ATMOSPHERE PLEASE!!!
Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by chucky101(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21
Griselda blanco
Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by Villa12(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21
softtorce:
Was the heaven n Earth promised to you ?!

Tell us wetin dey promise.
Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by makaveli902: 5:56pm On Mar 21
Gossiphub:
Madam show us your own farm.

Even your son that doesn't have a well known business aside Lagos coffers should also show us his own farm.

Your husband that forfeited USD 460k to Federal agents should show us his own farm.

Confused family

At least Mr. President has a farm where he plants weed. grin angry angry angry
Re: ‘Grow Your Own Food’ – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians Amid Hardship by Shiloh1986(m): 6:29pm On Mar 21
How we wan grow food wen insecurity dey everywhere. Give us better security and we will grow plenty food.
amoreobansu:

://politicsnigeria.com/grow-your-own-food-remi-tinubu-tells-nigerians-amid-hardship/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking / Govt Orders Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali. / Nigerians In Diaspora Ask Buhari To Disband Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.