Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? (173 Views)

The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. / For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 9:19pm On Mar 20
Please experience farmers in the house, I need advice on what to consider before buying farmland for livestock and greenhouse farming ( layers, piggery and cattle) I’m interested in buying farmland in one of this location in Ogun state but I don’t know which one to choose. The first land is at isiun under obafemi owode local government which goes for #800k per acre and I intend to purchase 3 acres. The farmland is closer to the express with good road network and good mobile reception. The second land is located at alabata in Abeokuta under odeda local government, 40 minutes drive from Funnab and it goes for #250k per acre and I intend to purchase 10 acres. The farmland is 40 minutes drive from FUNNAB, manageable road network, bad mobile network reception, virgin soil for better farming. Please experience farmers in the house I need your contribution to know which farmland I should go for. Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? by richiemcgold: 9:31pm On Mar 20
Access and proximity to good road is very vital.

2 Likes

Re: Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? by shortgun(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20
DUKEOFIBADAN:
Please experience farmers in the house, I need advice on what to consider before buying farmland for livestock and greenhouse farming ( layers, piggery and cattle) I’m interested in buying farmland in one of this location in Ogun state but I don’t know which one to choose. The first land is at isiun under obafemi owode local government which goes for #800k per acre and I intend to purchase 3 acres. The farmland is closer to the express with good road network and good mobile reception. The second land is located at alabata in Abeokuta under odeda local government, 40 minutes drive from Funnab and it goes for #250k per acre and I intend to purchase 10 acres. The farmland is 40 minutes drive from FUNNAB, manageable road network, bad mobile network reception, virgin soil for better farming. Please experience farmers in the house I need your contribution to know which farmland I should go for. Thanks in advance
I'll be very honest with you, what you are doing now is the leading cause why 65% of small and medium scale businesses fail in their first 5 years of operation.There are intricate phases and processes that must be meticulously put in place before launching any business including agro business.

Have you done a feasibility study? Do you have a business plan?. This question you are asking now should have been taken care of in the planning phase of your enterprise. At this stage you should already know the soil type, land size, topography and proximity considerations of your proposed venture. Your approach appears to be solely based on trial and error and you are at considerable risk of losing your equity investment in the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 5:52am On Mar 21
shortgun:

I'll be very honest with you, what you are doing now is the leading cause why 65% of small and medium scale businesses fail in their first 5 years of operation.There are intricate phases and processes that must be meticulously put in place before launching any business including agro business.

Have you done a feasibility study? Do you have a business plan?. This question you are asking now should have been taken care of in the planning phase of your enterprise. At this stage you should already know the soil type, land size, topography and proximity considerations of your proposed venture. Your approach appears to be solely based on trial and error and you are at considerable risk of losing your equity investment in the end.

Thanks for the information, I have been trying to hire a trusted person that knows what he his doing to help me carry out the feasibility study and write a business plan because I can’t do it myself.
Re: Please Farmers, What Are The Things To Consider When Buying A Farmland? by gerizzim: 11:32am On Mar 22
same issue am also analysing. am also new to the game.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Wheelchair For Sale. SOLD! SOLD !! / 1.5 Hp Non Inverter Haier Thermocool Ac For Sale / Stop Forcing Your Children To Speak English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.