Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement (19250 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:08am On Mar 22
DenreleDave:
Our resident nairaland Obirodent won't be happy about this..
beans eater how far
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by noble2faith(m): 7:08am On Mar 22
Amuluonyenaego:
Audio rises

Why are you and ur people always pessimistic? You guys are always happy when negative news arises as if u guys are not affected.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by SmartMen: 7:10am On Mar 22
Omoboricash:

Now that the Naira is appreciating, the price of goods still remain the same when rate was 1900.
We are our problem to ourself.

Why hasn’t the price of fuel come down as well? Una dey fool una self.

We will be here. Give it 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Straybullet: 7:12am On Mar 22
teadrake:
Before April, Naira will likely trade N800 against the 1USD.

😄 🤣 😂
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by DakulBilly001: 7:13am On Mar 22
sleek214:
Nice . Not a Tinubu fan but a patriotic Nigerian. I pray God to guide Tinubu right so we can all have the Nigeria of our dreams. God bless Nigeria.
Amen!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Bfly: 7:13am On Mar 22
Why preaching to people to dump dollar?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by DakulBilly001: 7:14am On Mar 22
SmartMen:

Why hasn’t the price of fuel come down as well? Una dey fool una self.

We will be hear. Give it 6 months.
Be calming down because only good news and appreciation of Naira against dolar you would be hearing in that said 6 months.
Nigeria is in the rise again so I pray 🙏🙏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by frankson1(m): 7:21am On Mar 22
Where are all those who were projecting 5,000 NGN to a USD undecided

Emefiele was busy looting and playing politics instead of doing his job. He even tried contesting to be the Presidential flag bearer of the APC while as a CBN governor.

WELDONE Governor Cardoso and the team👍👍

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Afamed: 7:22am On Mar 22
$ slaves will commit suicide before December

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by membranus: 7:23am On Mar 22
Bad news to the haters:
*Nigeria financial gurus Alfred Rewane, Lamido Sanusi, Charles Soludo, Pat Utomi all commend CBN Gov Yemi Cardoso for sailing the ship of the Economy back to shape. Reforms are bound to turn positive as time goes on, forex backlog cleared is a great achievement to Nigerians as a nation says Rewane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by stevups(m): 7:25am On Mar 22
Enemies of the state can never happy for this.. When economist took over the affairs of the state the affairs will be fair to many

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Omoboricash(m): 7:27am On Mar 22
sleek214:

I keep telling people, a better Nigeria start with the people not the leaders. The leaders will be forced to do the right thing if the people do the right thing. The probability of good children changing their bad/ evil parents to become good parents is very high while the probability of good parents changing their bad/ evil children to become good children is low.
You are right sir. Not until we change our altitide from bad to good. We cannot see a better Nigeria we all craving for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Cancri: 7:28am On Mar 22
EponObi:
No surprise to some of us who spotted the talent of Cardoso very early. Yemi Cardoso is Asiwaju's biggest and most valuable assets in this administration. I place him very far ahead of Tunji Ojo, Umahi, and Wike. The man got the hardest job in Africa and he's delivering.

The most amusing part of his journey is how simply he corrected the rot in the CBN and out financial systems. Genius is simplicity. The headmaster for a reason cool

Wale Edun needs to catch up. We are on the right track - I've always said it.

Some mumus will come to this thread to ask "why hasn't it reflected in the price of commodities in the market?" You people should ask your greedy and wicked market merchants and the importers, who will tell you they stocked their warehouses when dollar was very high - even those that haven't restocked since last year.

At some point the FG will go after merchants who refuse to let their prices reflect the economy reality.

I support this.
They should be lock in prison for at least 1 month, to reset their brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Cancri: 7:29am On Mar 22
tefishy:
cool wonderment. Naira no wan gree again.

Make it 1 naira to $500 grin
supported!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Bigboytinz: 7:32am On Mar 22
chigogo2010:
Watch my first comedy skit and support me by Subscribing to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0rMa9YM-JU?si=0UegAh_Uby-0meEL
find better work do. Everyone must not be a skit maker

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Blackman101: 7:35am On Mar 22
pray it get to $1 to N600 BEFORE THE YEAR RUN OUT

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by webizone(m): 7:41am On Mar 22
Putindbutt:

That is the wickedness of nigerians to eachother. The cost of food was an artificial inflation and now that dollars is coming down, what's the excuses again?

Old stock. That is until new stock floods the market and the cheaper prices will bring competition, thereby crashing the prices.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by frank33(m): 7:42am On Mar 22
All analysts have explained how there were no dollars to give airlines or to settle genuine dollar requests. Hence the need for the president to travel round the world looking for FDI and FPI.

Remember what it has taken to get AFRINEXIM bank 3bn.

All of a sudden you hear 7bn has been cleared and you believe without questions. Mr positive thinker use your brain!

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by MASTERMIND04(m): 7:42am On Mar 22
This is good news if true. We pray the Naira keeps appreciating.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Dumte(m): 7:42am On Mar 22
How has this reduced the price of items in the market? Yeye update.

There is something they are not telling us
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by yahmohy27: 7:51am On Mar 22
teadrake:
Before April, Naira will likely trade N800 against the 1USD.
My concern is that things are still rising in prices

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Ulogwe1: 7:51am On Mar 22
I beg, CBN put more effort. I love news like this.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by webizone(m): 7:52am On Mar 22
Newton1045:
Nigerians are so wicked, Igbo traders making calls in the market to hear if dollar is going up...... They quickly double the prices

Now Dollar is down, they say old stock.

I swear to God, if I be Tinubu I ll jail dozen for years for their silly actions.

They make east unliveable. They spreading such attitude everywhere

Oh, na only jailing you wan do? Buhari even flogged people to sell cheaper in the 80s. Did it work? NO!
You have to wait with others while the market is readjusting. If you are wise, instead of coming here to complain, you should have spotted an opportunity to buy goods yourself at a cheaper exchange rate and compete in the market.

This is why good economic policies are paramount for any serious government.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by yahmohy27: 7:52am On Mar 22
Amuluonyenaego:
Audio rises
Edey pain you?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Solidex(m): 7:54am On Mar 22
What's up with Dabgote Refinery please.?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by yahmohy27: 7:54am On Mar 22
tiswell:
Naira appreciation wen nor dey ever affect the high cost of goods and services in Nigeria,is that one appreciation?
I think government need to work on that area bcoz I don't understand!!
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by webizone(m): 7:57am On Mar 22
frank33:
All analysts have explained how there were no dollars to give airlines or to settle genuine dollar requests. Hence the need for the president to travel round the world looking for FDI and FPI.

Remember what it has taken to get AFRINEXIM bank 3bn.

All of a sudden you hear 7bn has been cleared and you believe without questions. Mr positive thinker use your brain!

Well, it may be a lie but the exchange rate is reflecting it. Maybe hot air releasing, but it moved, lol.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by martinzjay(m): 8:03am On Mar 22
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by sslcrypt: 8:06am On Mar 22
If these are facts than it's a welcoming news, because the day to day Nigerians are suffering from a system that doesn't directly involve them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Donaldoni: 8:08am On Mar 22
Piggggs will still grunt in pains cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Donaldoni: 8:09am On Mar 22
@jmoore

You better cut your losses and sell your dollars now grin

Tinubu is not smiling o cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement by Sambai65(m): 8:10am On Mar 22
Amuluonyenaego:
Audio rises
Enemy of progress owuu angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Importing From China / Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK / How To Build Your Business From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.