Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? (6924 Views)

University Or Business / Why Do People Start Up Business After Their Retirement? / University Or Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by hajifaty: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2011
Having a good education only elevate your statue,your way of thinking and to let you know what u don't academically but education is not the boarding pass to success. @ poster if you have enough capital then I do advice to you to set up your own business.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by moderatorr: 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2011
if at this point you are still asking yourself 'what business do i start?'
you still need five years to educate your soul.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by silibaba: 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2011
I don't blob so much in dis white collar job.am roundin up my NySC and am ok wit d biz am handling at hand.I want to watch my biz grow. I want to be as poor as dangote grin
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by Ibuyooluwa(m): 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2011
THE HIGHWAY TO A WORLD OF WEALTH AND RICHES

Everyone, who has ever created wealth and riches had always known this secret. And that without it every attempt at creating wealth will always be futile. This is the access to unlimited wealth.

A quick survey of the richest people in every nation of the world will reveal to you, that practically every one of them is into business. The world of wealth and riches belong to business men and women.

“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men” Pro 22:29

This scripture says the man who will not stand before mean men, is the man who is diligent in his business. Not the man who is diligent in another person’s business.

Other versions of the Bible say “they don’t take a back seat to anyone……. he shall not stand before obscure men.

In their finances, they interact with who is who in the world of economics. They dine and wine with kings.

“……, they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.”Song of Solomon 1:6(Kjv)

Another version says “Don’t look down on me because I’m dark, darkened by the sun’s harsh rays. My brothers ridiculed me and sent me to work in the fields…, ” Song of Solomon 1:6(MSG)

ENTREPRENEURSHIP, YOUR HIGHWAY INTO WEALTH AND RICHES

Listen friend, the highway out of your financial harsh weather and ridicule is to run your own business.

Look around you, every challenge people are passing through is an opportunity to start a business that will cater for such a need. And as you proffer solutions to problems people have, you are in business and thereby making money.

Entrepreneurs are smart enough to know that working a job won’t make them rich.

Working for someone would never make you rich. This is one truth the rich have always known. It is in running your own business that you create wealth.

Business is simply the buying and selling of products and services in order to make money.

Someone who earns a living by working for someone else’s business is an employee of that business. At General electric, some employees work in the factory, some in the sales department, and some manage the company. But one thing is common to all these people, they do not own the business; they work for others who do.

In contrast, entrepreneurs are both owners and employers. Entrepreneurship is about connecting your business ideas to the needs of your market.

WHY DO I NEED TO OWN A BUSINESS
?

Wealth creation: Most of the fortunes in the world were built by business men and women.

Fulfilment: Making money from your passion could be most fulfilling.

Independence: As a business person you don’t have to follow rules. You work at your time and pace. It’s your access to the freedom you have always desired.

Self esteem: As CEO of your organization there is this self esteem that natural comes with the sense of accomplishment.

Job creation: As a business owner, you can employ some other people to work for you. People, who might be too weak in the heart, and would rather not take the bull by the horn and start a business of their own.

Running your own business is possible and rewarding, give it a go.

For more information visit [url=http://www.wealthandriches.net
]www.wealthandriches.net
[/url]
or send me a main at sharon@wealthandriches.net

To your prosperity

sharon akinoluwa
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by Mgbele1: 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
Dear Nairalander,
There is absolutly nothing wrong starting a Biz after Graduation,regardless of your area of Specialization. As a matter of fact ,I happen to find myself in a similar situation some couple of years back.I made a decision to go into Biz. and Today I am happy that I did.Glory be to God. the advantage remains that you are and elite Biz. man.
I am into International supplies.Should i be of any help to you ,please do not hesitate to contact me.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by unclenna(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2011
waoh, like all your comments. Like i said before, starting a biz is better than work esp. when you are young and not yet married.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2011
both.

No dull yourself.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by LagBlogger(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2011
I think the best thing to do is to take the middle ground. Start a small business that will not tie you and your time down while you go out in search of a plum job.

Of course you should work hard to make your business succeed but if you do get a job then decide what to make of your situation if it poses a problem. But most entrepreneurial people are able to successfully handle this very well.

That's my opinion on this topic
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by freshera: 12:32am On Nov 17, 2011
You don't have to have a business to be entrepreneurial.

Even when working, you can make the company your own (well sha, dis one difficult for naija angry  grin or rather might not be worth it).

your job title becomes your business name grin and the more you stretch yourself for your employer, the more potential you earn for yourself and your future biz.

it will work if the company NEEDS, encourages and appreciates constant innovation. from there you earn extra for innovating and still have a job.

i believe even a cleaner can invent something based on his or her cleaning experience as change is ever constant.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 17, 2011
freshera:

You don't have to have a business to be entrepreneurial.

Even when working, you can make the company your own (well sha, dis one difficult for naija angry  grin).

it will work if the company appreciates innovation. from there you build your portfolio, earn extra and still have a job.

i believe even a cleaner can invent something based on his or her cleaning experience.

Too much yansh kissing involved in this one oo.
I started doing both. today I get more $$ from my business than my 9 to 5. Still doing the 9to 5 because I like the benefits.  grin
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:39am On Nov 17, 2011
Yes. Be self employed
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by runsgirl: 2:46am On Nov 17, 2011
Starting a business and running it are two different things. If you do not have appetite for risk, can't stomach long, lonely hours and days, not passionate about your business, you're set up for failure.
Re: Starting A Business After University Or Getting A Job. Which One Is Better? by omsley: 8:52am On Nov 17, 2011
All these posts are very interesting. I just finished from school too and now facing the realities of life. My wish is to see any idea that i can turn into cash. To me waiting for job is not the best bet as you feed, clothe yourself, and do some other things while waiting. the question is; where is the money going to come from to atleast eat. on the other note , if one says , Let me start a business, then the next question becomes HOW? Both are not easy we should be commenting on practical ways for both. It makes it more realistic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cement Company Of Northern Nigeria Declares N16.89 Billion Revenue In Q1 2019 / Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again / What Can I Do Online That Will Guarantee Atleast $5 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.