Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG (11858 Views)

El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry / PDP Accuses Police, FG Of Docility In Handling ‘attack’ On Ishaku's Residence / Sue Police & FG For Aiding And Abetting In Benue Assembly Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Ofunaofu: 8:40pm On Mar 22
ivolt:
States inputs are not needed to legalize state police.
Just change the relevant part of the constitution and the deed is done.
No state should be forced to have one and no state should be prevented from having one.

You just hit the nail on the head
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by naija4life247: 8:48pm On Mar 22
Only Tinubu is bold enough to implement this. Even so called Major Generals could not. Emilokan Asiwaju Jagaban no be anybody's mate. Any state that doesn't move at Emilokan JAGABAN's pace will be left out for bandits to feast on.

1 Like

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Korectmann: 8:49pm On Mar 22
FaceTanke:

Can you help me?
Ask Helinues first if I should give you his job slot.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Stallione(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22
Name those states making snail like movement mek we hear, if anambra dey among mek we begin dey give soludo wotowoto for online here, until he hear word abeg. undecided
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by naija4life247: 8:51pm On Mar 22
Olachase:
any Governor that didn't complied should be remove from sit

i don't like what i hate undecided undecided

No need of removing the governor, bandits will remove him
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by naija4life247: 8:53pm On Mar 22
Melagros:
COMRADES, I see this state police as puppets in the hands of state governors when finally set up

Federal Police has been puppet in the hands of successive Presidents, let Governors too try their luck
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by delpee(f): 9:54pm On Mar 22
Antoeni:
State police Will Become Governor Tools For Thuggery, Witchunting of political Opponents,

There's Amotekun in the SW. Their function is not so different from what State Police will do. They've not been reported as being used against political opponents thus far. Rather, they're good at taking prompt action on both civil and criminal matters in conjunction with Federal security agencies.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by justmondris: 10:08pm On Mar 22
Melagros:
COMRADES, I see this state police as puppets in the hands of state governors when finally set up
Atlease, they will not use the police of their state to cause havoc in other states. If any governor decided to abuse the power of his state, it will only affect that state and not the entire nation.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Vision101(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22
nairalanda1:

Nigeria is mature for state police.

The only palava is funding and funding. I don't see federal government funding the thing. That means states , most of whom don't have the kudi
The governors have billions that they call security votes. What do they use it for?
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by ycat: 11:44pm On Mar 22
You are really there. One more thing this administration is doing is expose hidden things about Nigeria.
LordIsaac:
I repeat, God bless Jagaban! We are seeing the true nature of Nigerians of all strata through this administration!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by ycat: 11:54pm On Mar 22
On the money!
I told people that president Tinubu is a blessing to freedom seekers, his kind comes twice in a century and if Yoruba miss this, it’s over.
naija4life247:
Only Tinubu is bold enough to implement this. Even so called Major Generals could not. Emilokan Asiwaju Jagaban no be anybody's mate
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by seunayantokun(m): 2:11am On Mar 23
helinues:
We are not matured yet for state police

Those governors would abuse the power

Modified: #FreeIjele, na so one pastor arrested one of the NL members because the guy said he his a fake pastor and almost all his miracle stunts na lie. If no be abuse of power, why can't the pastor pray to God to punish Ijele without involving DSS, okay God no dey work like that, then go to LUTH where real sick people dey and perform wonders, he couldn't.

If ordinary pastor can be abusing power because of privilege, how much more of the state governors..

#freeIjele
Try to read how things like this are done in other places like the UK, USA, etc and send in your contribution. Also, ask yourself, what kind of police you are thinking about versus the kind of police that should be. Kindly disabuse your mind from governors being a danger against state police and expose yourself to correct and up-to-date relevant information . Thank you
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by 7upnigeria: 6:05am On Mar 23
Melagros:

Lol, one wonders the kind of brains inside some of your head. Police, Army and Navy are not puppets in the hands of the president but they will be puppets in the hands of the Governor. Most of our Governors find it difficult to defend their people because ALL SECURITY APPARATUS IN NIGERIA are currently controlled by the PRESIDENT. Nigeria must start using our own brains to solve our problems.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by TheClassAct: 6:17am On Mar 23
It is long overdue.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Blitzerz: 6:37am On Mar 23
Its a lie
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by naija4life247: 8:00am On Mar 23
ycat:
On the money!
I told people that president Tinubu is a blessing to freedom seekers, his kind comes twice in a century and if Yoruba miss this, it’s over.

We are glad we didn't miss it

1 Like

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Cizarr(m): 10:59am On Mar 23
Korectmann:
Hello, do you want to be a police officer? I can make it happen within seconds.
Yeah, I'm interested.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by BreconHills(m): 11:36am On Mar 23
Melagros:

Bros there will still be federal police o and you will discover that any crime in which the offender crosses a state line becomes a federal offence. But all these localised agbero, hooligans and burglars ( even armed ones) will be state police matters.

If a criminal uses a federal road it will be federal police.

I tell you that those federal police will be armed like national guard with heavy weapons.

1 Like

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by ycat: 2:15pm On Mar 23
Great Omoluabi, but our work is just starting.
naija4life247:

We are glad we didn't miss it
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Francis88095(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23
Almost all the Northern State Governors are against the State Police
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by FaceTanke: 10:53am On Mar 24
Korectmann:
Ask Helinues first if I should give you his job slot.

U are a joker
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by mrblessed(m): 10:57am On Mar 24
Tinubu values state governors more than any segment of the country. They are useful for reelection.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by PropertyBuying(f): 6:13pm On Mar 24
These governors must have their reasons for this act... And we hope the are genuine and honest reasons!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AGF Seeks Further Evidence To Prosecute Saraki, Ekweremadu / New Videos Of Lekki Massacre Emerges (graphic) / Orji Kalu Targets 100 Roads In Abia North Before End Of 2022, Hits 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.