Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) (27583 Views)

Mum Cries Out After Finding Out Her Daughter’s Hair Was Shaved At School - Photo / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) / 4 Out Of The 6 Kidnapped Lagos Students Resume School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by carterguccy(m): 12:18pm On Mar 23
K
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by VaalCee(m): 12:18pm On Mar 23
Government Secondary School Nyanya Abuja
Sergeant and Civil Defense will seize your sandals one leg and take you to areas where to cut grass😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by EmmyNorse(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23
I did this from 2002 in my js 1, till 08 oh, fstc zuru drilled me like kilode,but it was all good too.🥰🥰🥰🥰[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23
chatinent:
As I wan to take waec those days for one school wey dem talk say na the best in Waec results, I see this levels...everyone with cutlass trimming the grasses. Omo, I hadn't seen such in my whole life before. Na so I commot o.
You want to look for "Miracle Centre" Instead of readying your books ?

1 Like

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by NomzyJust(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23
Nedum001:

Eziachi secondary school....

We call 2009-2015 Manual labor. Very intensive that your right hand will turn red.

ESSO back in the day.
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23
Manual Labor that year for secondary school... It was a weekly thing (Fridays). grin

Men still found a way to dodge the damn thing. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by okirewaju(f): 12:21pm On Mar 23
I detest manual labour. I prefer to copy someone's notebook then the person will clear my portion in return or I'll razzle the person writing names of people done with their portions to write my name.
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23
If you've never experienced this,that mean you're a butty and you went to high grade secondary school....to them it's part of instilling discipline in us

2 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Sucre6: 12:22pm On Mar 23
This is my school Aso PAda secondary school every Thursday that year, chai, when life was simple and people where happier 😅😅

3 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Hammylawali: 12:23pm On Mar 23
illicit:
Child Labour

It's exploitative culture

It’s not child labour. It’s a normal activity in most boarding schools.

4 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 12:24pm On Mar 23
I preferred this to maths, English, chemistry, biology, physics, Geography and all those useless subjects
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Greenfusion: 12:24pm On Mar 23
Hmmm.... memories, infact in my school then, one of the criteria to get admitted was providing a cutlass.

Infact at a time we had a portion allocated to every student for constant maintenance because students were dodging labour day. So if u like dodge labour day, your portion would be waiting for you or u go COLLET

2 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Mindlog: 12:26pm On Mar 23
Tombrown3:
Lol... Remember those days, 2001/2002 in my primary 6.

This is very common in Eastern part of Nigeria.

Ooh, good old days

Ask people whey go public primary schools in Lagos in the 80s, na their normal, normal on Fridays and beginning of the term.
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by ambale(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23
If you serve in a rural area, you will know those students even enjoy this more than lectures Sha

They love farming than they love their lives
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by CoronaVirusPro: 12:29pm On Mar 23
illicit:
Child Labour

Wannabe!

Whats exploitative in making kids clean up their environment?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by inspectorg(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23
bassdow:
na for those wey attend public / mushroom schools. Me gan, as I dey reach, I never for once washed toilet or sweep anything. No be wetin I pay school fees for. And yea, I do come late atimes
Oga stop this ur bulaba talk. Always try to be articulate; publics schools is not in the same category as moshroom schools, be it by size or organization.

4 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by TYCO77: 12:32pm On Mar 23
[color=#000099][/color]
Tombrown3:
Lol... Remember those days, 2001/2002 in my primary 6.

This is very common in Eastern part of Nigeria.

Ooh, good old days

Nostalgia. Yeah, I can relate. It was fun!
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Bfly: 12:32pm On Mar 23
This is normal. Abeg
Many did this and they are in greater places today. it is part of school activities and we enjoyed it then.
Thes woke people won’t address issues of examination malpractices they enhance with thier liberalism, but they keep addressing practices that made those who instituted the society they are trying to ruin today.

This is not different from mowing the lawns and mending the fences in their respective homes.

2 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by tuzle(m): 12:33pm On Mar 23
CoronaVirusPro:

Wannabe!

Whats exploitative in making kids clean up their environment?
don't mind them. I don't see anything wrong in it. Provided they don't do it everyday. People who attended agricultural universities use to do this as project.

3 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Mrjonah(m): 12:33pm On Mar 23
BMGS Adazi-Nnukwu
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Ashirioluwa: 12:34pm On Mar 23
chatinent:
As I wan to take waec those days for one school wey dem talk say na the best in Waec results, I see this levels...everyone with cutlass trimming the grasses. Omo, I hadn't seen such in my whole life before. Na so I commot o.

But who else do you think would do it, besides the students?

Do you think the instructors at the schools will cut the grass themselves, or will they pay someone to do it?

In case you were unaware, several state governments are behind on their school teachers' pay by more than six months.

1 Like

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Greatzeus(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23
CSS Kaduna( boarding) that year chai, anyway it only made me stronger, both mentally and physically.

3 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Hezmatosky: 12:37pm On Mar 23
Okpalani sec commercial sch. Okpanam. That's where I found my first gf during labor. Always fun. But if u don't come woe be tied u the next day. There's this agric teacher and labor master nick named isotope. Hmmm u beta not be born

1 Like

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by abbeyd2(m): 12:38pm On Mar 23
I did this in my school days even molding clay blocks as a late commer

1 Like

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Emmanuel909090: 12:39pm On Mar 23
FGC Soweto, Cotonou, New Heaven, Kampala, kaipo road.

If you know, you know grin
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Multiversed: 12:40pm On Mar 23
chatinent:
Which school you attended did this?

grin grin grin

I did this during my high school days. Sometimes we are told by the school authorities to pick papers and dirts on the ground, Afterall we were the ones who lit the ground with the dirts. It's very common in most public schools. Public school life na rugged life.

The funny thing is it somehow helped me because It contributed to my habit of being a neat freak today. I can pick up the tiniest of dirt in my room whenever I notice it.

5 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Fryx: 12:40pm On Mar 23
chatinent:
Which school you attended did this?

I attended a public school for my senior high. The only time I did this was when my labour prefect pack all of us from assembly ground to the field for mass labour. It was difficult for me to escape.

On a norm, I would have bolted away. I hate punishment die. Dem no Dey beat me sef. What usually differentiate a junior from a senior is fear and submission. If dem bang bell dat time make we junior comot for hostel come chop beating, me na with confidence I go take waka comot and continue going and no one will suspect me to be a junior (no light to see my face)

I still come get school father wey get mouth. He will usually tell me to sit and do nothing when he was in school. But I had to wise up once he left.

I no too suffer for school that year, cutting grass is not my thing. Plus, people feared me on a norm, so they give me my respect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Emmanuel909090: 12:41pm On Mar 23
bassdow:
na for those wey attend public / mushroom schools. Me gan, as I dey reach, I never for once washed toilet or sweep anything. No be wetin I pay school fees for. And yea, I do come late atimes

It's obvious what you call a school was for imbeciles

4 Likes

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Ate247(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23
illicit:
Child Labour

with your statement I can guess your age.

1 Like

Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by Ickes: 12:43pm On Mar 23
I don't know why I was not given an award for my wonderful works back then at school. I have been dedicated to my works even till now. God will bless me more, that I know for my diligence.
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by frustratedlife: 12:43pm On Mar 23
chatinent:
Good day Boss..your boy still dey o
Re: Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) by shegoon: 12:43pm On Mar 23
That's my sch, which set r u
Fadoria:
Ikenne Community High School -Remo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo Has Highest Number Of UTME Candidates 2016 / 60 Very Hilarious But Amazing Facts. / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.