Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Number Of Languages By Country - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Number Of Languages By Country (24414 Views)

The Number Of Igbos Who Cannot Speak The Language Is Alarming! / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / Chadic Group Of Languages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Languages By Country by MrsAminaBello(f): 9:02pm On Mar 24
kelvindj98:

Illiterate
you must be referring to your late father

1 Like

Re: Number Of Languages By Country by achimendy(m): 9:30pm On Mar 24
boxypane:
Omo you go fear. See wetin Tower of Babel cause for World.

Hahahahahahahaha

I laugh in emoji and words πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by mrkia(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24
Ah hàÑà!!! 524 ko. Na only 3 we got in Nigeria smiley wink smiley smiley wink
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by MrCork: 9:43pm On Mar 24
MrsAminaBello:
you must be referring to your late father

Kaiiiii..see lightskin chick!!!!
Helo baby i hav moiney..please can i chop kiss & get kiss plus extra hug for 5k...cash?? cheesy
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by gabbasin: 10:10pm On Mar 24
smokinloud:
So, Papua and Guinea,with their little landmass, get number of languages pass Nigeria and dem no dey fight themselves like us
from one community to another in PNG, it's different language, and most of these clans live in dense jungles of the pacific islands.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Emekuz256(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24
Nope.. America have other abo-original indigenous languages spoken there. Tho English and Spanish is widely spoken and understood by many..browse on languages spoken in America. Comrade
shadrach77:
How did countries like US, UK and Canada have several languages? I thought it's only English they speak cry
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Ken4Christ: 10:20pm On Mar 24
Absuchat:
Bayelsa alone has over 100 languages.
Who put that digit for Nigeria?

Some of them are dialects, not languages.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by ghettochild(m): 11:22pm On Mar 24
how SA go get 42 when their languages Na 11 including English.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by benn94(m): 12:01am On Mar 25
Absuchat:

Languages or dialects. Many of those languages are Ijaw even though not so mutually intelligible. I speak Igbo and German as well and I can tell you those two languages have lots of dialects that are very different from the standard form.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by oloritemi: 12:57am On Mar 25
Wait a minute, I thought UK speaks english. What other language can they be speaking that makes it 85
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Mypeople2(m): 1:04am On Mar 25
shadrach77:
How did countries like US, UK and Canada have several languages? I thought it's only English they speak cry
Immigrants brother. I won't be surprised if Yoruba and Igbo are part of the languages in UK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Languages By Country by passion007: 4:42am On Mar 25
Kizzygentle:
Surprised about UK... Thought they all speak English.. US and Canada still understandable because of the boundaries between fellow soutthern and northern American countries that speak Spanish and Latin.

They're called Latin America because their current languages eg Spanish and Italian are derived from Latin, but they don't speak Latin - no country speaks Latin anymore, essentially a dead language.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Absuchat(m): 5:56am On Mar 25
olaadenigeria:
You wrong. Bayelsa has less than 7
Not true....I lived in bayelsa and I can comfortable tell you that there's at least 2 languages ( not dialects) between Zarama and Kalaba
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by a2d3rew(m): 7:23am On Mar 25
Only borno has almost 60
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by amandi47d: 8:17am On Mar 25
UK kwa? Wetin person know know plentyUK kwa? Wetin person know know plenty...
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by BluntCrazeMan: 11:21am On Mar 25
My hatred for North Korea.

No Dynamisms at-all.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by pacespot(m): 11:49am On Mar 25
If they count local dialects, Nigeria has more languages than any country in the world.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Sleekfingers: 3:35pm On Mar 25
shadrach77:

I believe you know that Canada speaks English and French officially.....and they have natives speaking numerous languages and other European , south America and African migrants , and minority migrants from china , India and Arabs

1 Like

Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Sleekfingers: 3:37pm On Mar 25
Absuchat:

Can you name 20 out of those languages spoken in Bayelsa?
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Sleekfingers: 3:39pm On Mar 25
Calitoscassius:
I don't know what the UK is doing on that list, UK speaks only one language, English, apart from Welsh language. Even the welsh speaks English also. Unless they are counting foreign languages spoken in the UK.

They were counting languages spoken by immigrants ( eg Yoruba, fardu , Arabic , mandarin etc
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Sleekfingers: 3:42pm On Mar 25
Shollay20:
that nigerian own was correct, for example, lagos yoruba language is little different from ilorin own, and ekiti, oyo, osun, all are differents, and kano, kaduna and niger their hausa are differents from each other. so best yoruba was in ile-ife and oyo while other are fake. and best hausa is in kaduna and other are fake.

Ijesha , awori , igbomina , ijebu , egba , ilaje etc form of speaking Yoruba are fake abi ?
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by Calitoscassius(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25
Sleekfingers:

They were counting languages spoken by immigrants ( eg Yoruba, fardu , Arabic , mandarin etc
Okay, that would make sense.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by MykelD: 5:24pm On Mar 25
Solsix:
UK kwa? Wetin person know know plenty
πŸ˜‚
= Wetin person no know plenty
βœ‹
Also
πŸ˜‰
= Wetin person know no plenty

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
#samething

1 Like

Re: Number Of Languages By Country by danzaki63: 6:14pm On Mar 25
Please, list the 84 languages spoken in UK.
Re: Number Of Languages By Country by teminnem: 4:28pm On Mar 26
North Korea 1.... kim jong hun language cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 / Speaking Jamaican Patois... / β€˜Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.