Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business (8258 Views)

Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent / Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? / MY WIFE Is Dirty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by danzaki63: 12:44pm On Mar 29
Allow her to go, no one can take care of your Father thanyou, moreover there is a Business he haa bequeted to you. but before you allow her to go, get her pregnant, there is a reason. How will you feel if your Father dies in your absence? how will you feel if the business your dad had suffered to nurture dies as a result of you following a woman? i have no Hadiths to quote but i only have commonsense.
Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by EduTechTainMent: 1:24pm On Mar 29
Hake1975:
Two things, Ustaz.

1. I have my elderly father to care for and he has a business which I am responsible for. The business fetches a decent income for the family to sustain ourselves and pursue some aspirations.

2. My wife is a medical doctor and for her profession, it's better she practices abroad for way better income for her. She is responsible for her parents and a sibling. We just had a baby.

Now, I'm confused - should I leave Nigeria with her to take care of her and our baby, or I stay back to support my father? Or is there anything else I can do?

Convincing her to stay back has only led to fights with her & her family

I hardly ever share my advise on this platform but I would make an exception in your case.

Since you are a Muslim, would you consider marrying a second wife?

A parent is a parent and a wife is a wife. I would say you should take car eof your aged dad. That is what I would do if I were to be in your shoes.

Wives come and go but parents hardly ever abandon their kids. If the latter happens, it's an exception and not the norm.

I can't imagine a wife making me choose between her and any of my parents. My answer is very obvious.

What assurances does your wife have that she will be better off abroad.

On 2nd thought, I get that she also wants to take care of her own family as well. Let's not be too selfish cos you are rhe husband. Cut her some slack since her motives may be noble.

Let her travel abroad. Stay back to take care of your dad. You can Join her much later or on holidays. The devil will be playing pranks on some of you and you/ur wife or others will be thinking in ur minds, silently wishing your dad will pass on on time. Wa iyyazubillah. Or better still make alternative arrangements with your siblings so you can also take some well deserved break.

On 3rd thought, ):, why can't your wife also volunteer to stay back and support you in taking care of your elderly father. If it's her dad, would she be contemplating travelling abroad at such a time? She also shouldn't be selfish. Money isn't everything my brother. Money is just a means to an end.

The best is to marry another wife. God almighty in his divine wisdom allowed it for a reason. As such, It's a win win situation for all parties.
Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by EduTechTainMent: 1:27pm On Mar 29
Hake1975:
Two things, Ustaz.

1. I have my elderly father to care for and he has a business which I am responsible for. The business fetches a decent income for the family to sustain ourselves and pursue some aspirations.

2. My wife is a medical doctor and for her profession, it's better she practices abroad for way better income for her. She is responsible for her parents and a sibling. We just had a baby.

Now, I'm confused - should I leave Nigeria with her to take care of her and our baby, or I stay back to support my father? Or is there anything else I can do?

Convincing her to stay back has only led to fights with her & her family

If you need to take solace in the verses of the holy quran or the hadith of the rosul, there are many pointing to the importance of taking care of ones parents. There is nothing you can do to repay a parent for all they did to make you.

The relationship between a child and his parents is sacrosanct. After God, ones parents are next.

Do you know how many people pray to be in your shoes so they hv the opportunity to worship Allah through taking care of their aged parents.

Do you know how many people regret that they can't bring their parents back to life so they can spend more time seeking their pleasure and taking care of them.

Omo if you take car eof your dad in his old age, and he use his mouth, mind and heart to pray for you ehn, SUCCESS AND BLESSING GO DEY FIND YOU UPANDAN.

1 Like

Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by hslbroker2(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29
EduTechTainMent:

If you need to take solace in the verses of the holy quran or the hadith of the rosul, there are many pointing to the importance of taking care of ones parents. There is nothing you can do to repay a parent for all they did to make you.

The relationship between a child and his parents is sacrosanct. After God, ones parents are next.

Do you know how many people pray to be in your shoes so they hv the opportunity to worship Allah through taking care of their aged parents.

Do you know how many people regret that they can't bring their parents back to life so they can spend more time seeking their pleasure and taking care of them.

Omo if you take car eof your dad in his old age, and he use his mouth, mind and heart to pray for you ehn, SUCCESS AND BLESSING GO DEY FIND YOU UPANDAN.
May God continue to bless you.

One funny thing will must not pray for is that if that woman leave him while they are abroad, and the father later died along the line, the man will never forgive himself till the end of time, but if the woman leave because he want to take care of his dad and the business the father used in nurturing him till the woman find him attractive to marry, then I must confess to you, the woman will regret her action while the man will end up happy.

1 Like

Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by BoboKush(m): 8:01pm On Mar 29
Dundalk:
nobody force you to comment, why so pained.. Mooooove..

Smh
Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by SisterAnn(f): 2:36pm On Mar 30
AntiChristian:
You should marry another wife that will care for you and support you with your dad.

It's better to call it quits with her!

Your wife is supposed to summit to you and you ought to submit to your parents except when they call to sins!

Quite frankly and no time to waste!
Too much bitterness in your answer, haba!
Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by AntiChristian: 11:38am On Apr 01
SisterAnn:
Too much bitterness in your answer, haba!

How is that bitterness?

The woman I married will be deciding on where I would live with her, most importantly telling me to choose between her and my father?

I would quickly leave her and embrace another!
Re: My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business by SisterAnn(f): 11:16am On Apr 22
AntiChristian:

How is that bitterness?

The woman I married will be deciding on where I would live with her, most importantly telling me to choose between her and my father?

I would quickly leave her and embrace another!
If you sack your wife at first appearance of a challenge, then you would be married a hundred times over in your lifetime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? / Is Christmas Food Haram (illegal) For Muslims? / Meaning Of Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.