Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto (44317 Views)

Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) / Gunshots In Ajase Ipo As OPC, Fulani Clash / Hausa And Fulani Clash In Bauchi, One Killed, Over 20 Houses Razed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by NLCreator: 1:26pm On Mar 25
Four persons have been confirmed dead following a clash between Hausa and Fulani residents in Sokoto State, Northwest Nigeria.

The incident happened on Saturday at Jimjimi, in the Gudu Local Government Area, near Nigeria/Niger Republic border, according to the council chairman, Umma Maikano.

"A few days before the ill-fated day, some members of the Hausa farming community went to the bush but unusually could not see a single Fulani in their settlements. Surprisingly they began to hear gunshots from all angles.

"I won't take sides with either of the warring parties. My duty as political head of the local government area is to protect the lives and property of all. But I'm aware two persons were killed on both sides," Maikano said.

SaharaReporters learnt that the crisis started over a land dispute between Fulani herders and Hausa farmers.

A herder who spoke on condition of anonymity said, "Last Wednesday, Hausa people returned from the bush to find out that two of their brothers were missing. They suspected Fulanis and blamed us for their disappearance.

"Looking at the situation and considering what might follow, our leader instructed us to vacate our settlements. But before we did that, they (Hausa people) stormed our place last night, set fire to our makeshift rooms and killed two of our people.”

“We have since reported the matter to the local government chairman," he added.

SaharaReporters learnt on Monday that negotiation was ongoing to broker peace between the warring communities, according to the council chairman.

When contacted for comments, the spokesperson for the state police command, ASP Rufa'i Ahmad could not confirm the incident.

He told our correspondent on Monday (today): "I'm not in town, give me some time to verify the matter and get back to you."

However, he had not got back as of press time.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/25/four-persons-killed-hausa-fulani-communities-clash-nigerias-sokoto-state

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by helinues: 1:28pm On Mar 25
Na Family affairs

321 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by AlexBells(m): 1:29pm On Mar 25
Each day I wake without hearing a bad news, I will wonder if I’m still in Nigeria

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Zonefree(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25
Fulani is the second problem we have in this country.

227 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by SoNature(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25
Fulani people no get sense. If not for the benevolence of Hausa people, who would have known them in Nigeria? Today, they have practically taken all the benefits that come to Hausas in the name of oneness.

And now, they dare fight the same Hausas. If not for the Hausas, Fulanis would have been chased back to wherever they come from.

339 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by LadyRosa(f): 1:40pm On Mar 25
They should slaughter themselves.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by MadamExcellency: 1:46pm On Mar 25
It's only in Nigeria the Fulanis call themselves "the North" or "Hausa Fulani" to claim a majority stake in Nigeria notwithstanding being a minority group. In Niger Republic, there is nothing like Hausa-Fulani. Fulanis are on their own.

266 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by 3exe3: 1:52pm On Mar 25
Siblings quarrel

8 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Aboks(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25
Wetin concern us
family affairs
namu namu

15 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by slivertongue: 1:57pm On Mar 25
dem gree for dem again

2 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Natbrowny: 2:03pm On Mar 25
Siamese twins at it again

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by paramakina202: 2:04pm On Mar 25
So Hausa can now stand up defend themselves against their Fulani masters. That is a good one. There is nothing like Hausa/Fulani.

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by christejames(m): 2:16pm On Mar 25
Fulanis are becoming unbearable, why? lipsrsealed

If not for my very good friend that is a Fulani I would have seen it as an inherent problem in them.

17 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Solofresh2: 2:21pm On Mar 25
Fulani are never Nigerians. They are just deceiving themselves

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Racoon(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25
No sane person seperates a desperate power tussle fight among brothers. Gabari pa Fulani kosi ejo.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Freak0: 2:29pm On Mar 25
Gambari pa fulani, ko lejo ninu.

The rest of Nigerians should face front, Na family affairs

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by TopBanter: 2:49pm On Mar 25
christejames:
Fulanis are becoming unbearable, why? lipsrsealed

If not for my very good friend that is a Fulani I would have seen it as an inherent stuff.

The reality of Fulanis today is captured by the adage “with great power comes great responsibility”.

The oposite is sadly true also i.e give great power to those who are uneducated, uncivilized and irresponsible and the behavior of Fulanis today is the result.

Buhari made them feel invincible and above the law. They now truly believe the saying ‘might is right’ as their operational motto.

They know they have AK47 while Buhari and other Fulani leaders and sponsors of terror made it an unfair fight limiting the south to peashooters and ‘shakabulas’.

See them challenging and threatening farmers, on their own farm, with impunity and you know these are a people who today believe the force is with them and that power resides with them.

Nigeria is in big trouble with them because the only two option of dealing with their menace, which is now well-entrenched, are (1) deradicalisation, leading to the voluntary disarmament of Fulanis and their reformation for the better or

(2) regional autonomy which will leave them unable to trouble those who can organize their own security, policing and crime fighting optimally as we saw with how quickly Russia apprehended and brought to justice the terror attackers.

I think option 1 has been tried, tested and failed so, go figure. What is for sure is that we cannot carry on like this. The situation with the Fulanis is a ticking time bomb and another Maitatsine-type insurgency in the making.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by leroi01(m): 2:55pm On Mar 25
The Nigerian Army should go there to Negotiate A PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT like they did at Okuama, delta state.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by keymatt(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25
Make Hausa people wake up o before dem use them do suya.

25 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by keymatt(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25
helinues:
Na Family affairs
Not family affair. Hausas are trying to free themselves from their oppressors.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by keymatt(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25
Zonefree:
Fulani is the second problem we have in this country.
Which is the first problem

2 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by predictor1: 3:18pm On Mar 25
MadamExcellency:
It's only in Nigeria the Fulanis call themselves "the North" or "Hausa Fulani" to claim a majority stake in Nigeria notwithstanding being a minority group. In Niger Republic, there is nothing like Hausa-Fulani. Fulanis are on their own.
It's because the hausas are stupid. They allowed the fulanis who were immigrants in their midst to take over their land as rulers. The same mistake happened in Ilorin. We should really thank our ancestors the Fulanis were chased out of Oyo empire.

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by jazzman7711: 3:33pm On Mar 25
MadamExcellency:

You’re right.

Even the term ‘Hausa-Fulani’ is fraudulent.

They are two very different people.

It’s like saying ‘Igbo-Yoruba’.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Enugurangers: 3:33pm On Mar 25
Brother's fight.
Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Donaldoni: 3:36pm On Mar 25
Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by Thormentor: 4:10pm On Mar 25
cool cool
Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by ThinkSmarter: 4:49pm On Mar 25
Fulani cup don full.
State police go show dem shege.
Cuz the Hausas will dominate the state police.
And state police will be armed with ak47

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25
My people will say, gambari pa fulani, ko lejo 'nu. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25
Goodday90:
Who will our Yoruba Muslim brothers support now?

Genuinely confused
Ask a Yoruba person close to you to explain the comment below yours to you.

4 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by RPG2020(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25
i thought this year we agreed to be minding our business cool

10 Likes

Re: Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto by id4sho(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25
Family matters, what is my consider? tongue

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / INEC Postpones Elections In 10 Lagos Polling Units / Presidency Debunks Photo Of President Buhari Being Shared As "New Photo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.