Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso (463 Views)

Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Zee Bello: UBA Set To Employ Lady Who Monitored The Construction Of Kubwa Branch / Carlcare Development (TECNO) Graduate Supervisor Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by oluxy(m): 2:05am On Mar 26
Hello guys, someone contacted me from Burkina Faso, a long time friend telling me about this job in Burkina Faso.

He said I'm going to pay 1.8m and going to travel by road with 200k to there.

He said I should send him my email ID for selection that he's going to submit it after which I would be selected that they are going to respond with a mail. I did. Then, i got this reply that I have been selected as a construction supervisor with $225 weekly pay.

Resumption date is Monday 8 April

The company address: Alimentation demille dix, bobo dioulasso burkina faso.

Sender email:
Suzysocieteinfo@gmail.com

My question is this; is this true or scam?
I searched Google, no result, my friend over there was only chatting with me without call or video call.

Do anyone has a clue on This?
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by dominique(f): 2:55am On Mar 26
Any job offer that requires you to pay before you're offered na confirmed SCAM! Better sever all contacts from this so-called "friend"

5 Likes

Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by sunnymighty(m): 3:24am On Mar 26
dominique:
Any job offer that requires you to pay before you're offered na confirmed SCAM! Better sever all contacts from this so-called "friend"

It will eventually result to this, na lamba!

2 Likes

Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by aieromon(m): 6:18am On Mar 26
oluxy:
Hello guys, someone contacted me from Burkina Faso, a long time friend telling me about this job in Burkina Faso.

construction supervisor with $225 weekly pay.

Big scam and this person is not your friend.

oluxy:

My question is this; is this true or scam?
I searched Google, no result, my friend over there was only chatting with me without call or video call.

Do anyone has a clue on This?

https://www.nairaland.com/7368833/orezone-gold-quest-sinister-plot

https://www.nairaland.com/7151213/friend-inviting-me-burkinafaso-work

https://www.nairaland.com/7185289/qnet-scam-scourge-destroying-nigerian

Watch this victim tell his tales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflls1Gl0WI?si=0PGCox6gV_8fq4sw
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by cornelin(m): 6:20am On Mar 26
Do not listen to him. They are a group of job racketeering syndicates who lure unsuspecting victims with a fathom job offer.

There is no construction supervisory role for you anywhere. If you pay the money and go there eventually, you'll discover that it is a high level scam.

When you go there, that is when the truth will be revealed to you that you've been unknowingly recruited as a QNET agent to continue scamming other people with promise of a job just like you were scammed!

If I were you, I will give that your friend a piece of my mind, delete and ban his number totally and use small change out of the 1.8M to eat better Nkwobi as a celebration for saving myself from the wolf's laire

2 Likes

Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by oluxy(m): 6:32am On Mar 26
dominique:

Thanks, I thought as much
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by oluxy(m): 6:34am On Mar 26
cornelin:
Do not listen to him. They are a group of job racketeering syndicates who lure unsuspecting victims with a fathom job offer.

There is no construction supervisory role for you anywhere. If you pay the money and go there eventually, you'll discover that it is a high level scam.

When you go there, that is when the truth will be revealed to you that you've been unknowingly recruited as a QNET agent to continue scamming other people with promise of a job just like you were scammed!

If I were you, I will give that your friend a piece of my mind, delete and ban his number totally and use small change out of the 1.8M to eat better Nkwobi as a celebration for saving myself from the wolf's laire

Thanks. I don't want to fall in
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by Zurich808: 7:21am On Mar 26
My advice to you delete and block that person from your contact you will learn in a hard way if you embark on the journey
They want to lure you to modern day slaves job which you will never make something out of it and inside remote village in Bukina Faso when you get there you will see your fellow scammed colleagues begging for money to come back to Nigeria
I can't say much for now until you insist then you will come back to complete the story yourself

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by Yankee101: 7:48am On Mar 26
Same country battling terrorists?
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by aieromon(m): 8:36am On Mar 26
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) said it has uncovered a ploy by some suspected human traffickers to lure Nigerians with fake jobs in Ghana, Ivory Coast, and other countries in West Africa.

The Agency explained that the suspected traffickers exploit coordinated global brand trademarks and present unrealistic oil and gas job offers to traffic youths and other groups of people to neighbouring countries in the region for various forms of exploitation.

NAPTIP said victims are enticed with promises of monthly incomes of $900 under the guise of lucrative employment opportunities in gold mining and oil companies.

According to the agency, the victims are trafficked through the waterways of Ode Jetty in Lagos en route to Benin Republic and other parts of the West African region

It added that some victims are also trafficked through the land routes.

The Director-General of NAPTIP, Prof Fatima Waziri-Azi, revealed this at the Agency’s Headquarters in Abuja while discussing emerging trends in human trafficking for the year 2024.

Giving details of how the traffickers operate, Waziri-Azi in a statement in Abuja by the Communication Officer of NAPTIP, Adekoye Vincent stated: “NAPTIP has uncovered a new ploy by some suspected human traffickers who are exploiting coordinated global brand trademarks and offering unrealistic Oil and Gas job offers to traffic unsuspecting youths and other classes of people to neighbouring West African countries for various forms of exploitation.

“In recent times, NAPTIP has redoubled its efforts through enhanced partnership, collaboration, diligent prosecution, and extensive awareness campaigns aimed at bolstering its operations, resulting in a significant increase in convictions of human traffickers.

"As part of our comprehensive enlightenment strategies to equip Nigerians with timely and accurate information to reduce their vulnerability, we have received reports indicating that traffickers have adopted new tactics to lure unsuspecting victims, predominantly to Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, and other West African nations.”

Waziri–Azi added: “Under the guise of lucrative employment opportunities in gold mining and oil companies, victims are enticed with promises of monthly incomes as high as $900.00, which, as always, are blatant lies.”

“Victims are often instructed to bring up to N850,000 for documentation and other logistical expenses. Upon arrival at their destination, traffickers confiscate this money, along with the victims’ phones and other personal belongings.”

On the category of people targetted, she said: “The targeted demographic includes male and female victims aged between 15 and 35 years old.

“They are typically trafficked through the waterways of Ode Jetty in Lagos en route to Benin Republic and other parts of the West African region. Some victims are also trafficked via land routes.”

Prof. Waziri-Azi while calling on Nigerians to be careful, stated: “I urge you to exercise caution, ask questions, and seek a second opinion before accepting any tempting offers. Do not allow desperation to cloud your judgment.”

She expressed NAPTIP’s commitment to combating human trafficking and protecting the rights and dignity of all Nigerians.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerians-lured-with-fake-900-pay-jobs-in-ghana-ivory-coast-others-says-naptip/
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by Ebierensima: 12:42am On Apr 16
My guy, the fraudsters are everywhere these days but it is easy to verify such claims.Call the company,they have shared whatsapp numbers and hotlines for the public to verify such claims.
They also launched a WhatsApp Compliance Hotline (+233256630005) in September 2023 where you can report issues where people misuse QNET’s name. It serves a lot of countries including Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by Christabelnwa: 9:08pm On Apr 18
cornelin:

I agree with you about not falling for fake job offers and losing money. But it's strange to blame QNET for this. I heard them on the radio warning people about job scams and telling them to report any scams to the police. It seems like they're working with the authorities to stop people from using their name for bad things.
Re: How True Is The Construction Supervisor Job In Burkina Faso by Peteroluebube: 12:55am
If you had to pay money to get a job… I suggest that you do deeper research. Contact the company on their official website and verify if the offer is legit. Check the sites with the blue tick to see if it’s official. We have to be vigilant these days.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed / Please Can Anyone Please Help With ₦100 Airtime / I Need Genuine Crude Buyers Cos I Have Sellers - 08131244776

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.