Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction (28046 Views)

CNN Says Israel May Have "Rearranged" Weapons At Al-shifa / Bodies Of Hostages Found In Gaza, Says Israel / Israel Made A Big Mistake By Killing Al Jazeera Journalist & Attacked Her Coffin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by God1000(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26
Former President Trump says Israel made a “very big mistake” with the invasion of Gaza, noting that broadcast images of the widespread destruction have turned many against the country in his strongest criticism of Israel since the beginning of its war against Hamas last year.

In an interview with Israel Hayom on Sunday, Trump criticized the Israeli government for its publicizing its mass-bombing campaign against Gaza and the rampant destruction caused by its ongoing ground invasion, which came after more than 1,100 Israelis were killed in a Hamas attack on Oct. 7.

Trump said a rise in antisemitism in the U.S. and abroad is because Israel “fought back.”

I think Israel made a very big mistake,” he said. “I wanted to call [Israel] and say don’t do it. These photos and shots. I mean, moving shots of bombs being dropped into buildings in Gaza. And I said, ‘Oh, that’s a terrible portrait.’”

“It’s a very bad picture for the world,” he continued. “The world is seeing this … every night, I would watch buildings pour down on people. It would say it was given by the Defense Ministry, and said whoever’s providing that, that’s a bad image.”

Trump reiterated his support for Israel, but he said images of the heavy-handed military response have sparked anti-Israeli and antisemitic sentiment.

“Go and do what you have to do. But you don’t do that,” he said, referring to mass bombings. “And I think that’s one of the reasons that there has been a lot of kickback. If people didn’t see that, every single night I’ve watched every single one of those. And I think Israel wanted to show that it’s tough, but sometimes you shouldn’t be doing that.”

He later urged the country’s leadership to change its public image in the conflict.

Israel has to get better with the promotional and with the public relations, because right now they’re in ruin,” Trump said. “They’re being hurt very badly, I think in a public relations sense.”

The criticism comes as Democrats continue to raise pressure on the Israeli government over civilian casualties and the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. More than 32,000 Palestinians have been killed, according to the Gaza Health Ministry.

While both Trump and President Biden have stated they strongly support Israel, Democrats have been more aggressive in recent weeks in critiquing the country. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) called for new elections in Israel earlier this month, which Trump criticized.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4554652-trump-israel-gaza-hamas-war/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by God1000(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26
Hmm, Even Trump too

Almost every Israeli staunch ally in the west is appalled by the horrific and gory images of this war, except Nigerian supporters

Let's see if they will now turn against their hero and savior trump

123 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by sofeo(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26
It's well.

It's all saying a lot about Joe Biden.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by 123yes(m): 1:38pm On Mar 26
You are right Mr Trump. But what Hamas did to them that 7 of October attack was really disheartening. I pity Palestinian children who are worst affected by this Israeli retaliation attack. Peace to the world!

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by madridguy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26
shocked

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by sunna4u: 1:40pm On Mar 26
R

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 1:40pm On Mar 26
Israel is an apartheid terrorist state. The whole world is turning against the terrorist baby killers in Israel. The IDF is nothing but a terrorist organization.
They will pay for their crimes sooner or later.
Even their strongest supporter is slowly turning against these criminals.
Biden and Trump are both trying to stay in the middle hoping for votes, I'm not voting for either one of them. Biden is the biggest loser due to his support of the Israeli atrocities in Gaza. He will lose the election because of this support for Israel. He can see that now, that's why he's now backing away but it's too late.

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by iichidodo: 1:41pm On Mar 26
Being political correct, if care isn't taken,will lead to human extinction events. If we become pussies and let extreme hardliners dictate events and narratives. China, Iran, Russia, moslem extremists groups all have one thing in common, which is to control minds and narratives to suit their gnarly objectives. The world needs a strong America, the world needs strong American leadership and not pussies like Donald Trump..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by UHLmoving: 1:41pm On Mar 26
Yeah, Israel should have found a way to eliminate Hamas without destroying Gaza, because originally Gaza is still Israeli territory

14 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Offpoint1: 1:41pm On Mar 26
Trump my niccur

3 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by osuofia2(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26
Trump

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by ngwaIgbo223: 1:42pm On Mar 26
I love trump, he also ask them to finish it up soon which means total distruction of the whole land.

Give a wicked foolish man what he will never imagine as a result of his poor choice towards people with different fingerprint.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Crafteck1: 1:42pm On Mar 26
Os
Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Crafteck1: 1:42pm On Mar 26
Politics... Trump wants some people's votes.... Isreal did well... That is how to kill terrorism....

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Pootle: 1:43pm On Mar 26
i think trump is wrong on this one

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by happney65: 1:43pm On Mar 26
He is talking like this because he wants to become president again.

If he were President,He would have called for a total destruction of Gaza.

Trump werey.

P.S. Isreal should go ahead and destroy the remainder of those bastards in Rafah.

No matter how much they hide under civilians,they shall be destroyed

Bunch of Swines!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by rinzaugustine: 1:43pm On Mar 26
Sad but anybody that finds Israel trouble knows it’s war without end. Read history most people will not but rather stay on social media because if they did they wouldn’t have attacked Israel . The Israel I know will never stop until they take the whole of Gaza as part of Israel. There would no longer be a Palestine in the next few years

9 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by viqSmallz(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26
Its all international politicking.
No one remembers who initiated the war anymore. Heart goes out to the innocent ones suffering the damage.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by 4tomandchi: 1:44pm On Mar 26
But he still supports them!!!
Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by brain54(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26
Trump didn't criticize the war...

Or the justification for the war.

Just the crude methods used by the Isrealis or more specifically they should have covered their as. S.

Terrorism isn't a war to be fought with half measures!

18 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Ukeme8: 1:44pm On Mar 26
Everything that happened to them is on Hamas, and Israel had the right to protect themselves and fight back.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by meolaniyi(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26
Trump to rhe world. But Trump you know within your mind, you will be happy for israel

10 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by ubimagos: 1:45pm On Mar 26
"If you want peace, you got to prepare for war"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Hullcity: 1:45pm On Mar 26
I admire trump so much . He always thinks out of the box.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by DystopianMuse(f): 1:45pm On Mar 26
Hamas = Very Wrong

Israel = Very Wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by tollyboy5(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26
Some 1diots who call themselves Christian are happy here.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by FreeStuffsNG: 1:45pm On Mar 26
Lobatan
Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Awise09(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26
Words from the mouth of politician is different from the one within them.

9 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Skoonheid(f): 1:46pm On Mar 26
John 8.44 : You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

These are the children of satan that the whole world fawns over. When the judgement comes, it will seize you all by the throat and never let go
Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by nnachukz(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26
If you understand Trump, he meant do your work but don't show the world the images even if you want to use it to show you are tough. It is damaging your image.
Trump playing political card here.

17 Likes

Re: Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction by Streetdoctor: 1:47pm On Mar 26
Hama knew that Israel has being targeting them for a very long time and u went ahead to bomb them.no bi madness bi that. Now d innocent people are suffering for what they know nothing about.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tokyo Rocked By 6.1-magnitude Earthquake As Tremors Cause Buildings To Sway(Pix) / Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State / Volcano Erupts At Mount Nyiragongo, DR Congo As Residents Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.