Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush (27431 Views)

Insecurity: Families Give Their Daughters To Bandits As Brides For Protection / 55-Year-Old Cattle Rustler Who Sells Hard Drugs To Bandits In Zamfara Speaks / I Cover AK-47 Riffles With Baby Clothes, Distribute Them To Bandits - Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by BeboNGN: 5:08pm On Mar 27
jayworld15:
Banditry is like a big booming business in the north now where everyone seems to be benefitting from. They're now emboldened, and hence, their nefarious acts. I pray this country gets it right someday and solve all her problems including abduction and corruption. Nigeria is now the laughing stock of the world especially among Africans.
that is Bubu gift to them, they should gladly accept it and stop complaining.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Pinicop(m): 5:09pm On Mar 27
kushme:

Now, if you believe security agencies know the locations of these bastard bandits in these places, then, why are they not doing that much to reduce it?

Are they scared of the ill trained dirty bandits or most of them are benefitting from it, or something else the people don't know?

They're the ones who are supposed to answer this question.

By the way, if you expressed your opinion on social (not the traditional) media, which is enshrined in the constitution, but the authorities deemed it "libel," "security threat," "able to cause breach of peace," they will track you wherever you're.

To prove what I said, ou can refer to the story of the guy who posted on Facebook that "Mama don chop our money and became fat," referring to Aisha Buhari, was tracked and apprehended in Jigawa state for just saying that.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by 22o62021: 5:31pm On Mar 27
jmichael259:
What are you saying sef?
I thought the end of the story would be him contracting them to do the needful on the aforementioned Oga that didn't settle.

It's more than 10 years that the oga didn't settle him

That is 10 years after he asked him to go home
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Johnjustice: 5:33pm On Mar 27
Paying ransom is illegal, your cousin is encouraging kidnapping. Report to police or army, how will kidnapping end when you enrich terrorists?
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by hardknocksng(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27
Anijay1212:
angry angry angry
This country is gone.
With the amount of money this terrorist are making, there will be an influx of their kinsmen from other countries and i bet anyone if care is not taken a large part of this country will be over run.

The influx is already here .. their brothers from Niger and Chad , that’s the Sahel are already here with us up north
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 5:55pm On Mar 27
Pinicop:

They're the ones who are supposed to answer this question.

By the way, if you expressed your opinion on social (not the traditional) media, which is enshrined in the constitution, but the authorities deemed it "libel," "security threat," "able to cause breach of peace," they will track you wherever you're.

To prove what I said, ou can refer to the story of the guy who posted on Facebook that "Mama don chop our money and became fat," referring to Aisha Buhari, was tracked and apprehended in Jigawa state for just saying that.

Mehn, wahala dey. Going by the bold and the Aisha Buhari's drama with that boy, it means we have a long way to go...

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Azazyel: 5:57pm On Mar 27
UnabashedIPOB:

I am perplexed that you guys keep downplaying the danger that these guys pose by referring to them as bandits instead of calling them by their real name, Fulani Terrorists!

Exactly! They are terrorists!
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 6:00pm On Mar 27
nams77:

I wish I can share a story with you but I can't. This is a public forum. Some of the force men are in on this. Period.

Wow, how I wish you could share that story...
But you said you " can't ". It would expose you to ill security personnel, right?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by aliscomonaj: 6:03pm On Mar 27
Just legalise arms. Security challenges will become history.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Akpan107(m): 6:08pm On Mar 27
Pinicop:

Who told you the security agencies doesn't know where the kidnappers are?
If Sheik Gumi knows, why won't the government know...

Nigeria is such a funny Country, may God see us through.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 6:14pm On Mar 27
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Security men are working together with these people

It very very unfortunate and reprehensible

A lot of persons, both online and offline have said, had one or more experience with the bold. This is a serious issue.

This kidnapping thing is messing up families and communities, presently.. Please,we need solutions.Cos,without solution, they'd be no growth nationwide.

Firstly, how do we fight the corrupt uniform aiding this evil?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:22pm On Mar 27
kushme:

A lot of persons, both online and offline have said, had one or more experience with the bold. This is a serious issue.

This kidnapping thing is messing up families and communities, presently.. Please,we need solutions.Cos,without solution, they'd be no growth nationwide.

Firstly, how do we fight the corrupt uniform aiding this evil?

The only thing we can do for now is preventative measures by trying to avoid display of wealth and showing off on social media. And conceal as much information about ourselves as possible

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Sportspredicto(m): 6:34pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

He took a huge risk for a man that made him.
Gratitude shown.

Bandits are doing real business up north
I have always said it that instead of me to ever put foot in the north, I would rather commit suicide and die here in south!
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Sportspredicto(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

Gratitude shown.

A whole 9 million naira just like that to bandits! When would he now hustle and make that money back Niger state hmmmm. I have never been to the north, I would rather drink sniper and die here in south than stepping foot in the north! I swear, if I get like 5 million naira from someone now, I would buy a good car for Uber and hustle because I haven't gotten a good job after graduation. Just imagine that someone is giving 9 million naira to bandits!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Fujiyama: 6:43pm On Mar 27
Emusan:
Security agencies know their location but the rough terrain is the most challenging part. As their location is always deep forest.

^^^

For proper security people, there isn't anything like 'rough terrain'. That's an excuse we hear only in this country.

These forests, caves, hills, mountains etc. that are being called 'rough terrain' undecided are IN this country. They are not in Iceland or Cambodia. If Nigerian security men cannot master this terrain, what will they then master - Icelandic fjords or Cambodian mangrove marshes? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 7:12pm On Mar 27
VeeVeeMyLuv:

The only thing we can do for now is preventative measures by trying to avoid display of wealth and showing off on social media. And conceal as much information about ourselves as possible

I wholly accept this measure. However,local informants will always be there! How do we treat that? Again, a affluent person in Nigeria would need security, how would you know the security personnel they assigning isn't a greedy bandit? embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by jmichael259(m): 7:39pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

It's more than 10 years that the oga didn't settle him

That is 10 years after he asked him to go home

Karma no dey grow old
Eff up no dey expire

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Johnjustice: 8:51pm On Mar 27
Emusan:

Security agencies know their location but the rough terrain is the most challenging part. As their location is always deep forest.

A colleague of mine who took the risk in 2020 to take ransom to the kidnappers narrated that, it'll only take high level security operations to engage those demons.

This story is not even stressful, my colleague said they were on bike for almost 2hr before they could reach the village they were told to go and trek for more than an hour. He also said the demons counted the money ₦2m then to ensure it's complete.

My Uncle's wife said they were made to walk for over 2days and lucky for her she was told to go back for the best reason known to them (maybe because my uncle was shot that night and he was between life and death) but the wife said they told the rest of people kidnapped to continue the journey bare footed in the bush to tell you that those demons doing that evil in a very deep forest.

Unfortunately, that's what we're living with up North.
Those jobless almajiri youths are easy prey to bokoharam as recruits, they use the poverty and religion
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Coldkev17: 9:09pm On Mar 27
Pinicop:

Who told you the security agencies doesn't know where the kidnappers are?
Who wan die?
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Honestfrend: 9:27pm On Mar 27
greenermodels:
I relocated from Niger state to the east and stopped all travels to there for my own safety, unfortunately,I abandoned my life plans in the process. Niger state use to be very peaceful and affordable.

Yeah... U re right..

The north is very peaceful if not for this kidnaping up n down..
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Kingbuhari(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27
A day will come when Fulani people will never exist again..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by TheAdvocate(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

Gratitude shown.

Not "up north" but in Nigeria. It's worst in the East.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Anijay1212(m): 12:53am On Mar 28
hardknocksng:

The influx is already here .. their brothers from Niger and Chad , that’s the Sahel are already here with us up north
Very unfortunate and heartbreaking.
But the breaking point is close.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by PropertyBuying(f): 1:28am On Mar 28
What a heroic, bold & suicide mission ?
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by bigiyaro(m): 1:45am On Mar 28
kushme:
Whaaat, confidently counting kidnap-money for over 2 hours.
Security men here should take note. They are right in the forest abi na bushes of Niger state carefully counting ransom money every middle of the night.

grin grin grin imagine your oga told you to go collect 10m ransom, the victim brought 8m, you did not count, you delivered the 8m to your saying it's 10m, then it's time for your oga to share the money to his own ogas in uniform and govt houses only to discover that it's 8m you brought, what do you think will happen to you?

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Ilekokonit: 2:17am On Mar 28
kushme:
Whaaat, confidently counting kidnap-money for over 2 hours.

Symptom of a failed state.

This is how Haiti started until it is now being run 100% by gangs of Criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Pinicop(m): 4:24am On Mar 28
Akpan107:
If Sheik Gumi knows, why won't the government know....

You're right
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Pinicop(m): 4:26am On Mar 28
kushme:

Mehn, wahala dey. Going by the bold and the Aisha Buhari's drama with that boy, it means we have a long way to go...

Of course

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Uncover Ritual Shrine In Osun State (photos) / Lawyer Bought New Knives To Kill Husband – Police / Hotel Owner Stab Security Guard To Death In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.