Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush (27437 Views)

Insecurity: Families Give Their Daughters To Bandits As Brides For Protection / 55-Year-Old Cattle Rustler Who Sells Hard Drugs To Bandits In Zamfara Speaks / I Cover AK-47 Riffles With Baby Clothes, Distribute Them To Bandits - Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Emusan(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27
Pinicop:
Who told you the security agencies doesn't know where the kidnappers are?

Security agencies know their location but the rough terrain is the most challenging part. As their location is always deep forest.

A colleague of mine who took the risk in 2020 to take ransom to the kidnappers narrated that, it'll only take high level security operations to engage those demons.

This story is not even stressful, my colleague said they were on bike for almost 2hr before they could reach the village they were told to go and trek for more than an hour. He also said the demons counted the money ₦2m then to ensure it's complete.

My Uncle's wife said they were made to walk for over 2days and lucky for her she was told to go back for the best reason known to them (maybe because my uncle was shot that night and he was between life and death) but the wife said they told the rest of people kidnapped to continue the journey bare footed in the bush to tell you that those demons doing that evil in a very deep forest.

Unfortunately, that's what we're living with up North.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Zeebuy: 2:30pm On Mar 27
UnabashedIPOB:

I am perplexed that you guys keep downplaying the danger that these guys pose by referring to them as bandits instead of calling them by their real name, Fulani Terrorists!

This is the same thing I keep saying, they keep calling them bandits instead of terrorists

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Emmanuel30a2: 2:35pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

He took a huge risk for a man that made him.
Gratitude shown.

Bandits are doing real business up north
The money no reach me, we would kidnap again...
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Emmanuel30a2: 2:38pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

He took a huge risk for a man that made him.
Gratitude shown.

Bandits are doing real business up north
This is no cause for jubilation, we would re-kidnap or kidnap again... Your kids would soon take their nap, inside our traps... We would just taps them... We would kidnap your kids where/when they are drinking pap without using their cap or face cap, or we would kidnap them where/when they are taking nap... You better be drinking pap with schnapps or pap&schnapps, if you don't wants to be kidnapped...
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by enemyofprogress: 2:40pm On Mar 27
He tooked a very big risk
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Jorussia(m): 2:41pm On Mar 27
Lack of morale is the major reason our security agencies are unable to deal decisively with this issue.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Emmanuel30a2: 2:43pm On Mar 27
enemyofprogress:
He tooked a very big risk
Number one enemyofprogress... You never digress or you just wants to regress? Enemyofprogress, progress!
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by guideman: 2:43pm On Mar 27
Everyone is talking about kidnapping, kidnapping, but who are the kidnappers. Gumi said that the security agents know the bandits kidnapping dozens of people and where they stay too. Probably they are using the ransome paid to stockpile arms and ammunitions with the backing of their sponsors. But the intriguing question is, which particular war do they intend to fight

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by UnabashedIPOB: 2:44pm On Mar 27
Zeebuy:

This is the same thing I keep saying, they keep calling them bandits instead of terrorists

Let them keep calling them bandits. First of all, who is a bandit? A bandit is a robber, thief, or outlaw who belongs to a gang, typically operating in an isolated or lawless area. Are these Fulanis operating as robbers as we know? Absolutely NOT. These terrorists do NOT rob, they kidnap and demand huge ransom and if NOT paid, the victim is killed. In some instances, the victim is killed even when the ransom is paid. So, why do people continue referring to them as bandits? To solve a problem one must admit that he has a problem. But until then, Nigeria and Nigerians will keep chasing their tails because they do NOT want to offend the Fulanis.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Caramia2020(m): 2:53pm On Mar 27
Shittu said they need promising future, imagine the nonsense.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by nams77: 2:54pm On Mar 27
kushme:

Well, I am not sure, cos no one told me, but what I now know from the cousin's experience is that, the heartless bloodthirsty greedy bandits confidently count millions of ransom money in the middle of the night in Niger State without any disturbance. Millions ohh, they may even miss count and start again...

Now, if you believe security agencies know the locations of these bastard bandits in these places, then, why are they not doing that much to reduce it?

Are they scared of the ill trained dirty bandits or most of them are benefitting from it, or something else the people don't know?
I wish I can share a story with you but I can't. This is a public forum. Some of the force men are in on this. Period.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27
kushme:
Whaaat, confidently counting kidnap-money for over 2 hours.
Security men here should take note. They are right in the forest abi na bushes of Niger state carefully counting ransom money every middle of the night.

Security men are working together with these people

This is very very unfortunate and reprehensible

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by nifemi25(m): 3:04pm On Mar 27
meum:
We never ready to stop kidnapping. When we are ready we know how to go about it

God bless you for this... We know the solution but we are not ready.. imagine bandit counting money for over 2 hours in the bush ...may God saves us from the powerful people

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by REALretep(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27
The insecurity industry is booming

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Emmanuel30a2: 3:09pm On Mar 27
nifemi25:

God bless you for this... We know the solution but we are not ready.. imagine bandit counting money for over 2 hours in the bush ...may God saves us from the powerful people
Unanswered prayer or unanswerable prayer... Tell that to a constable... Even portable no go gree or no go fit gree/agree... That's one such a miserable and malignable prayer...
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by shilz(f): 3:27pm On Mar 27
kushme:

Well, I am not sure, cos no one told me, but what I now know from the cousin's experience is that, the heartless bloodthirsty greedy bandits confidently count millions of ransom money in the middle of the night in Niger State without any disturbance. Millions ohh, they may even miss count and start again...

Now, if you believe security agencies know the locations of these bastard bandits in these places, then, why are they not doing that much to reduce it?

Are they scared of the ill trained dirty bandits or most of them are benefitting from it, or something else the people don't know?
you have asked and also answered your question yourself.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by BondRiv: 3:28pm On Mar 27
kushme:
Security men here should take note. They are right in the forest abi na bushes of Niger state carefully counting ransom money every middle of the night.

At times, it appears as though they are not serious.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by jmichael259(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27
What are you saying sef?
I thought the end of the story would be him contracting them to do the needful on the aforementioned Oga that didn't settle.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by 12345baba(m): 3:43pm On Mar 27
kushme:

security agents do know there whereabouts when my father was kidnapped after paying his ransom part of his experience there was that police men use to radio the kidnappers anytime they wanna patrol where they are. They tell the kidnappers to hide and stay out of site. This kidnapping thing can end just in one day, if the government can make police men life better, upgrade them just the police can end it without the military sef. Shey wike drop 20 meter as bounty for two kidnappers within one week they catch dem. Police are humans they have dependants to feed.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by delpee(f): 3:59pm On Mar 27
onadana:

Why will they go after them, when their share is sure.Several years ago an elderly nurse coming with some of their colleagues from school in Niger republic were Kidnapped in Kaduna.They didn't really hassle her because they felt she was elderly and was allowed to move about and even converse with them.She said early one morning she saw them loading Ghana must go of cash in the boot of a golf cart and she asked one of the bandits what the money was meant for she said to her chagrin that all the money was to be used for settlement of security agencies.But I don't think it's all the agencies that are privy to this.A small fraction of bad eggs amongst the good lots.

An eye opener since it's from a witness, though rumours have been rife on this.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by delishpot: 4:02pm On Mar 27
kushme:

They have stronger ties to security men than you can ever dream of.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by delpee(f): 4:09pm On Mar 27
Judolisco:
Na d new business for north bdis.... If northern elite like they should not start caring for out of sch children and advocating for reduction in population...e go touch everybody soon

Hmmm! Many years ago, in IBB era, the government tried to enlighten Nigerians on the need to do family planning. To cater for religious and cultural interests, it was advised that women should not have more than 4 children. Sounds fair but if a man marries 4 wives, that's already 16 children. Some are serial polygamists having large numbers of children that end up on the streets.

Truly, only Northerners can solve that problem by themselves.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by enemyofprogress: 4:11pm On Mar 27
Emmanuel30a2:
I need money to buy food too...
talk to seun. I learned he is recruiting staff for nairaland and the pay is very good. The least he pays is 250k per month.
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Emmanuel30a2: 4:14pm On Mar 27
enemyofprogress:
talk to seun. I learned he is recruiting staff for nairaland and the pay is very good. The least he pays is 250k per month.
Okay... Seun!
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Dshocker(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27
greenermodels:
I relocated from Niger state to the east and stopped all travels to there for my own safety, unfortunately,I abandoned my life plans in the process. Niger state use to be very peaceful and affordable.

I was born in kontagora.

But kontagora is shadow of itself.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by lexy2014: 4:19pm On Mar 27
kushme:

which security men?
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by lexy2014: 4:23pm On Mar 27
Emusan:

Security agencies know their location but the rough terrain is the most challenging part. As their location is always deep forest.

A colleague of mine who took the risk in 2020 to take ransom to the kidnappers narrated that, it'll only take high level security operations to engage those demons.

This story is not even stressful, my colleague said they were on bike for almost 2hr before they could reach the village they were told to go and trek for more than an hour. He also said the demons counted the money ₦2m then to ensure it's complete.

My Uncle's wife said they were made to walk for over 2days and lucky for her she was told to go back for the best reason known to them (maybe because my uncle was shot that night and he was between life and death) but the wife said they told the rest of people kidnapped to continue the journey bare footed in the bush to tell you that those demons doing that evil in a very deep forest.

Unfortunately, that's what we're living with up North.

pls where in the north is this "deep forest" that is not accessible to anyone except the bandits, their captives and ransom payers?

how were these bandits able to carry 137 school children in broad light on okada into this "deep forest" without anyone spotting them?

are the same military people not able to go into "deep forest" in the south to look for IPob?

why is it now more difficult in the north where there is less vegetation?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Pinicop(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27
Emusan:

I wonder when the able-bodied, salary-earning, well-trained military personnel find it difficult to access a location where a malnourished, untrained, ragtag young boys easily access on a daily basis.

If the military can't go there, why are they being paid from taxpayers' money? What is the essence of the training and retraining they received?

According to you, the military find it difficult to reach a so-called "deep" forests in the north. But they can locate militants in the swamp of Niger Delta, huh?

FYI, the north is sahel savannah, unlike the southern part of the country which is tropical rainforest.

If the army can't find the terrorists, what of the airforce? What happened to "search and destroy" op?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by meum: 5:06pm On Mar 27
nifemi25:

In the night & definitely using light to see the notes clearly to be sure of the denomination & possibly authenticity. We never ready.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) / Police Officers Sent To Fight Kidnapping Caught Receiving Bribe / Lagos Driver Caught In Gay Sex: "I Have Sodomized 7 People, 12-year Old Boy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.