Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,872 members, 7,810,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams (12371 Views)

Yuletide: Osun Fails To Provide Free Train Service / Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions / 2019: How Political Parties Are Raking In Billions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 7:57pm On Mar 27

The failure to hold the CBT exams is despite the millions of naira raked in by the Governor Ademola Adeleke-led state government as each applicant was made to pay N2000 for registration.

The Computer-Based Test (CBT) for the Osun State Government Teacher's Recruitment Exercise did not hold as scheduled on Wednesday leaving thousands of applicants stranded across the various centers in the state, SaharaReporters has learnt.

Some of the applicants at the Ilesa and Ede CBT centres told SaharaReporters that the Batches 1 to 4 slated for 8am to 11am could not write the exams and waited till 3pm, stranded and hungry without any explanation from the state officials.

The same situation was reported from centers in Osogbo, Ikire and Ile Ife.

"People have got here since as early as 7am. They told us the server is down and is from Osogbo. Are they not aware we are doing exams today? Didn't we pay so they could make proper logistics available? This shows the disorganisation in the state Ministry of Education and the state government as a whole," an applicant lamented in Osogbo.

At about 3pm, SaharaReporters learnt that the officials began to lock the CBT centres after no exams was held.

A release last Friday by M.A.K. Jimoh, the Permanent Secretary, state Ministry of Education, had noted that the exams would start by 8am prompt but the situation on Wednesday proved the state government had lied.

He had said, "This is to inform the General Public, particularly applicants for the ongoing Osun State Teacher's Recruitment Exercise that the CBT examination will hold between Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th March, 2024 at different Uniosun designated Centers.

"Applicants are also advised to come to their designated with the printed examination slip. All exams starts by 8am prompt each day."

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/27/breaking-after-raking-millions-naira-applicants-osun-government-fails-hold-teachers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 7:58pm On Mar 27
Adeleke government failed again. Check out the response from human rights activist, Hajia Aisha Yesufu response on Twitter.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by budaatum: 8:06pm On Mar 27
Politicstoday:
Adeleke government failed again

Excuse me, but Adeleke did not fail!

With this N2000 for registration, Adeleke has successfully internally generated revenue for cash strapped Osun State.

Please note that a further N10,000 will be charged for the Computer-Based Test (CBT) at a later date.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by helinues: 8:07pm On Mar 27
Toh

18 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27
Delay is not denial.
Let's everyone calm down. Adele is working.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions.

5 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by muykem: 8:20pm On Mar 27
This is too bad. I know a guy who travelled from PH to Osun for this exam. I am not disappointed anyway, I don't expect anything reasonable from Adeleke government, you can't give what you don't have,

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 8:20pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

With this N2000 for registration, Adeleke has successfully internally generated revenue for cash strapped Osun State.

Please note that a further N10,000 will be charged for the Computer-Based Test (CBT) at a later date.
hmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔. 10k for what

3 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 8:21pm On Mar 27
muykem:
This is too bad. I know a guy who travelled from PH for this exam.
imagine, he will surely be stranded. Besides, all the successful candidates will be chosen politically.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by OVB123: 8:25pm On Mar 27
muykem:
This is too bad. I know a guy who travelled from PH to Osun for this exam. I am not disappointed anyway, I don't expect anything reasonable from Adeleke government, you can't give what you don't have,
The dancing governor is dancing with the people emotion. What a shame.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 8:28pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

which 2k, some even paid 5k

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by budaatum: 8:31pm On Mar 27
Politicstoday:
hmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔. 10k for what

10k to increase Osun State's internally generated income.

Please know that after the 2k for registration and the 10k for the exam, there will be fees to check your result, and fees to get your result, and fees to be accepted for the job, plus fees to get a start date, plus fees to actually start work, plus fees to enter the classroom to teach, and you also might be charged chalk fees and board blackening fees too, depending on where you are located.

Osun a gbé wá o.

24 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 8:51pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

10k to increase Osun State's internally generated income.

Please know that after the 2k for registration and the 10k for the exam, there will be fees to check your result, and fees to get your result, and fees to be accepted for the job, plus fees to get a start date, plus fees to actually start work, plus fees to enter the classroom to teach, and you also might be charged chalk fees and board blackening fees too, depending on where you are located.

Osun a gbé wá o.
nawaoooo oooo. Very bad here. Osun people don enter one chance

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by budaatum: 8:58pm On Mar 27
Politicstoday:
nawaoooo oooo. Very bad here. Osun people don enter one chance

grin

But to be honest, we entered one chance in Osun State when a certain Chief Adebisi Akande questioned the killing of two cows every day for he and his wife in the governors mansion.

He informed the butchers that he and his wife can not even finished two kilograms of meat in a week, and got labelled Baba Kilo, and served only one term because he did not allow people to eat.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by OlujobaSamuel: 9:26pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

grin

But to be honest, we entered one chance in Osun State when a certain Chief Adebisi Akande questioned the killing of two cows every day for he and his wife in the governors mansion.

He informed the butchers that he and his wife can not even finished two kilograms of meat in a week, and got labelled Baba Kilo, and served only one term because he did not allow people to eat.
Baba Akande, my best gov, I have a class mate that is always angry with me for liking the man because his dad lost his job as one of those sacked by Akande.
Anyone that wants to perform must not care about 2nd term. Baba did what he felt was right without letting 2nd term blackmail affect his decision

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by budaatum: 9:40pm On Mar 27
OlujobaSamuel:

Baba Akande, my best gov, I have a class mate that is always angry with me for liking the man because his dad lost his job as one of those sacked by Akande.
Anyone that wants to perform must not care about 2nd term. Baba did what he felt was right without letting 2nd term blackmail affect his decision

You are one of the very few who recognise Baba Akande's value.

My own local government in Osun State has paid staff who have never turned up for work, and even those who do turn up have nothing to do. We even have staff on our local government payroll that live in UK. So, you might understand how much igr we need to generate to pay them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 9:54pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

grin

seriously Osun State don enter one chance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Politicstoday: 10:12pm On Mar 27
See comments here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Coly2012(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27
Just imagine what anambra is doing simlessly free of charge almost every two years , later them go dey say we are backward. I pity some people

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Skillsnigeria: 11:27pm On Mar 27
Hmmm
Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by OriOko88(m): 11:29pm On Mar 27
Na fake news. D exams was held in all the locations in osun state. My wife and sister wrote theirs in osogbo and ibokun respectively

4 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by id4sho(m): 11:29pm On Mar 27
Money must be made wink cheesy grin
Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Melagros(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27
COMRADES, this is sad, poor man the cheat poor man

1 Like

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by tefishy(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27
Seriously, na Efcc I blame pass. These are the real keyboard warriors they ought to arrest

3 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by LAXconfidential(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27
Coly2012:
Just imagine what anambra is doing simlessly free of charge almost every two years , later them go dey say we are backward. I pity some people
Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by OriOko88(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27
muykem:
Why not ask d people on ground about the exams. D exams was held even though it started late. It was held successfully.
Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by LAXconfidential(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

You are one of the very few who recognise Baba Akande's value.

My own local government in Osun State has paid staff who have never turned up for work, and even those who do turn up have nothing to do. We even have staff on our local government payroll that live in UK. So, you might understand how much igr we need to generate to pay them.

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by LAXconfidential(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27
Coly2012:
Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by ImoleNaija: 11:33pm On Mar 27
Why would the govt request for ₦2k in the first place? That's too bad.

Btw, this thread looks anti-Adeleke. Some of the commenters above no get joy for him govt. grin

5 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by Killerofpigs: 11:33pm On Mar 27
Please let him stay in OSUN. Rivers State is not an Agbado extension.

All the IGR in Yoruba land can cater for Yoruba people. Stay in your state.

Unity beggars cheesy

muykem:

2 Likes

Re: After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams by LAXconfidential(m): 11:33pm On Mar 27
Killerofpigs:
Please let him stay in OSUN. Rivers State is not an Agbado extension.

All the IGR in Yoruba land can cater for Yoruba people. Stay in your state.

Unity beggars cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah’s Campaign Posters Flood Anambra Streets / Pictures Of "Dying Buhari" Inside The Ambulance @ Heathrow Airport In London / Ajaokuta: Steel Workers Welcome Plan To Return Coy To Original Builder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.