Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

When Is He Coming? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is He Coming? (362 Views)

Has Jesus Christ Come Or Is He Coming Back Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 3:21am On Mar 28
I was made to believe that one day, a man who died about 2000 years ago was lifted up into the sky where he made preparations for his 2nd coming. This 2nd coming means different things to different groups of people. Some say he is coming to roast the earth in an inferno after flying away with his believers to give them a home in the sky. Many christians hold this belief, though, some have a different way of explaining his 2nd coming. Now the big issue is, will this man ever come again? If yes, when? What is he coming to do?
Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 4:46am On Mar 28
Templee333:
I was made to believe that one day, a man who died about 2000 years ago was lifted up into the sky where he made preparations for his 2nd coming. This 2nd coming means different things to different groups of people. Some say he is coming to roast the earth in an inferno after flying away with his believers to give them a home in the sky. Many christians hold this belief, though, some have a different way of explaining his 2nd coming. Now the big issue is, will this man ever come again? If yes, when? What is he coming to do?

Police dey tell human nappers.wen dem dey come catch dem?

Chill, me self dey wish say if Him dey Come now make all these devils burn forever.

And ditto, we.are going to sky temporarily so that God will burn this heaven and earth and then make a sweeter and better heaven and earth, version 2.0!
Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:20am On Mar 28
This will be interesting so let me book a space for now to read what's in their minds after all we have tried to reach many but they always say they have their own religions. smiley
Re: When Is He Coming? by paxonel(m): 7:05am On Mar 28
Templee333:
There is no specific time of his coming, he comes like a thief in the night.

It is appointed once for men to die, after that the judgement.
People die everyday.
That means he comes everyday

2 Likes

Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 7:16am On Mar 28
To begin with, did this man live on earth about 2000 yrs ago? Since there's no one presently living on earth to give an eye witness account, how do we know? If i'm asked, I'd say that the story of four gospels in the bible are things that must have happened millions of years ago. Some intelligent minds must have conspired to retell this story, inventing the name "jesus" as the hero. That is it! Christian religion is a conspiracy! Those who invented it didn't forsee the depth of confusion it will bring in this 21st century. Many will argue with me for saying this.

3 Likes

Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26am On Mar 28
Templee333:

To begin with, did this man live on earth about 2000 yrs ago? Since there's no one presently living on earth to give an eye witness account, how do we know? If i'm asked, I'd say that the story of four gospels in the bible are things that must have happened millions of years ago. Some intelligent minds must have conspired to retell this story, inventing the name "jesus" as the hero. That is it! Christian religion is a conspiracy! Those who invented it didn't forsee the depth of confusion it will bring in this 21st century. Many will argue with me for saying this.

Gbam! smiley
Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 8:29am On Mar 28
As the story has it, jesus was to return during the lifetime of his disciples and his enemies. Those who pierced him were to witness his coming while still alive,many who saw him were to live till he return. He intended to come shortly, marked by the destruction of jesusalem. All these are details that believers ignore or explain away just to hold unto their doctrine of his 2nd coming. Many have waited and gave up. Many were disappointed when they realized that he isn't coming. Still yet, many today hold to the view that the Lord is coming soon. Since the time of john the baptist, it's always "soon". Isn't this ridiculous?

1 Like

Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 9:07am On Mar 28
paxonel:

People die everyday.

What kind of stupid logic is this? Is dying the same as Coming?
Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07am On Mar 28
Templee333:
As the story has it, jesus was to return during the lifetime of his disciples and his enemies. Those who pierced him were to witness his coming while still alive,many who saw him were to live till he return. He intended to come shortly, marked by the destruction of jesusalem. All these are details that believers ignore or explain away just to hold unto their doctrine of his 2nd coming. Many have waited and gave up. Many were disappointed when they realized that he isn't coming. Still yet, many today hold to the view that the Lord is coming soon. Since the time of john the baptist, it's always "soon". Isn't this ridiculous?

Gbam!

Where are the so called believers nah? cheesy
Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 9:13am On Mar 28
Templee333:
To begin with, did this man live on earth about 2000 yrs ago? Since there's no one presently living on earth to give an eye witness account, how do we know?...

See madness. Who is presently living on earth to give eye witnesss account of Aristotle, Socrates, Shakespeare and co?

O Lord please come and let us these devils and stupid people be carried away to their eternal house of fire!
Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 9:14am On Mar 28
MaxInDHouse:

Gbam!

Where are the so called believers nah? cheesy

Sse.how you show you and jws are devils and atheists?
Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:20am On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Sse.how you show you and jws are devils and atheists?

Ọmọ i never came for you the OP knows only Jehovah's Witnesses can prove with their actions that Jesus is real here:

Templee333:
Maximus please come and teach me what jesus taught you that isn't about sharing what you have with the poor. Meanwhile, read Mat.19:21; James 1:27, thereafter, commence your lecture.
https://www.nairaland.com/8034948/what-jesus-teaching

oteneaaron:

I have challenged MaxInDHouse to give me undeniable proof that Jesus is a real figure from history and not a mythical figure.
This is the actual challenge:
MaxInDHouse the ball is in your court.
Shall we begin?
https://www.nairaland.com/7006256/jesus-real-myth-challenge-maxindhouse

MindHacker9009:

@MaxInDHouse Since you can read the mind of Jesus, here is a question for you, why did Jesus allow the Roman soldiers to destroy His Father's house the Temple in Jerusalem, even though he drove out the money changers and those doing their hussle in the Temple? Yet Jesus told His Father in Heaven to forgive the Roman Soldiers that crucified Him but Rome still sent its soldiers to go and destroy the temple and Jesus did not stop them from doing so.
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=7423956

sonmvayina:
I created this thread for me and MaxInDHouse to thrash a very important argument. Anybody who cares to join can do so, but we must stay on topic. Only intelligent distraction will be entertained.
When did Satan get rulership of earth. ?
Who is Satan by the way. ?
Who is the devil ?
What is the extent of his power..
This questions forms the bulk of the Christian religion.
But who are they?
In my opinion, Satan simply means "adversary" anybody or anyone can be an adversary to any one. There are different instances it was used in the Jewish scriptures. I think to understand a wordi in the Bible, we have to go to when it was first used. Satan was first used in the story or Balam and Barak. Here it denotes an obstacle. The next time it will be used again is in the story of job. Here we learn that he was part of the sons of God, and was under the control and power of God and does only what God tells him to do. This Satan has no will outside of the will of God.
The scriptures clearly state that the earth belongs to God and the fullness thereof. That is why I wanted to know when Satan God the rulership of earth and when did he become a dual opposite of God?
Devil on the other hand is a creation of the catholic church and the most important in their religion.
So MaxInDHouse over to you..
https://www.nairaland.com/7072043/maxindhouse-when-did-satan-get

But now that you too want to claim believer oya answer him!
Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 9:26am On Mar 28
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ i never came for you the OP knows only Jehovah's Witnesses can prove with their actions that Jesus is real here:

https://www.nairaland.com/8034948/what-jesus-teaching

But now that you too want to claim believer oya answer him!

Op is a devil so it is understandable that he will take lessons from devils. But i'll definitely call for God to judge him when he blasphemes The Lord!
Re: When Is He Coming? by chieveboy(m): 9:27am On Mar 28
Veecruz:

See madness. Who is presently living on earth to give eye witnesss account of Aristotle, Socrates, Shakespear and co?

O Lord please come and let us these devils and stupid people be carried away to their eternal house of fire!

Sorry as an aside, I don't see the place of insults in the scheme of things here even if this is sanctioned and sanctified by your HQ or scripture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35am On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Op is a devil so it is understandable that he will take lessons from devils. But i'll definitely call for God to judge him when he blasphemes The Lord!

Below is an intelligent response!

chieveboy:

Sorry as an aside, I don't see the place of insults in the scheme of things here even if this is sanctioned and sanctified by your HQ or scripture.
Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 9:50am On Mar 28
chieveboy:

Your point is in order.

However, a child is trained because his stupidity and foolishness was sharply pointed out to him.
Re: When Is He Coming? by chieveboy(m): 9:56am On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Your point is in order.

However, a child is trained because his stupidity and foolishness was sharply pointed out to him.

Ah! Justifications. I see.
Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 9:59am On Mar 28
chieveboy:

That is one common trait of baby christians, if they don't abuse they don't feel ok. And i like to ignore them until they grow to maturity. This one is even better than janosky.
Re: When Is He Coming? by paxonel(m): 10:05am On Mar 28
Good observation
Templee333:
As the story has it, jesus was to return during the lifetime of his disciples and his enemies.
This is confirmed in Matthew 24:34

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

So, that generation of his disciples did not pass until the end of the world(Matthew 24:3) was fulfilled.

Those who pierced him were to witness his coming while still alive
his coming was long anticipated by the Jews in the old testament before the new testament.
His coming was actually his crucifixion and those who pierced him witnessed it

many who saw him were to live till he return.
This tells me that there were two categories of his coming or return.
1. His coming in order to die and resurrect which the Jews had anticipated in the old testament and had seen as the end of the world(Matthew 24:3)
2. His coming to judge the world after his death and resurrection. This is expressed by our death.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

He intended to come shortly, marked by the destruction of jesusalem.
not necessarily destruction of Jerusalem in the real sense, but destruction of the old covenant to set up a new covenant in Christ which he had done by his resurrection.
Because Jerusalem represent the Jews who were given the old covenant.

All these are details that believers ignore or explain away just to hold unto their doctrine of his 2nd coming. Many have waited and gave up. Many were disappointed when they realized that he isn't coming. Still yet, many today hold to the view that the Lord is coming soon. Since the time of john the baptist, it's always "soon". Isn't this ridiculous?
This is exactly the point
Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:08am On Mar 28
paxonel:
Good observation
This is confirmed in Matthew 24:34
Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
So, that generation of his disciples did not pass until the end of the world(Matthew 24:3) was fulfilled.
his coming was long anticipated by the Jews in the old testament before the new testament.
His coming was actually his crucifixion and those who pierced him witnessed it
This tells me that there were two categories of his coming or return.
1. His coming in order to die and resurrect which the Jews had anticipated in the old testament and had seen as the end of the world(Matthew 24:3)
2. His coming to judge the world after his death and resurrection. This is expressed by our death.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
not necessarily destruction of Jerusalem in the real sense, but destruction of the old covenant to set up a new covenant in Christ which he had done by his resurrection.
Because Jerusalem represent the Jews who were given the old covenant.
This is exactly the point

Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 10:11am On Mar 28
Now let's get to business, if christians actually believe that the earth will soon be consumed by a fierce fire while their real home is in heaven, why do they spend their time, energy and resources to gather earthly riches? Why do they build mansions and acquire permanent properties in a temporary home that will soon be destroyed? On the other hand, if they take jesus to be true, why can't christians spend time working on their personalities and characters as they spend on clothes and entertainments? Why do pastors and GOs compete on getting richer instead of competing in living a christlike life? Could it be that there's something they are hiding from the public?
Re: When Is He Coming? by paxonel(m): 10:54am On Mar 28
Veecruz:

What kind of stupid logic is this? Is dying the same as Coming?

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children..

Is good seed the same as children?

If it is the same, how then is that logic of Jesus Christ stupid?

Can't you think?
Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 11:01am On Mar 28
MaxInDHouse:
This will be interesting so let me book a space for now to read what's in their minds after all we have tried to reach many but they always say they have their own religions. smiley
it is already known to everyone that you are here to preach about your organization.
Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 11:06am On Mar 28
paxonel:

People die everyday.
but what about the sun and moon becoming dark and the stars falling from heaven? How about the heaven being rolled away like a scroll? Do these happen everyday?
Re: When Is He Coming? by paxonel(m): 11:17am On Mar 28
Templee333:
but what about the sun and moon becoming dark and the stars falling from heaven? How about the heaven being rolled away like a scroll? Do these happen everyday?
That statement was spoken figuratively to portray what will happen when Christ is crucified.

The stars falling from heaven simply mean that there was a total darkness the day Jesus was crucified.

Luke 23:44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

I just said that the first category of his coming is his crucifixion and resurrection which has nothing to do with the second category ie Death of humans.

Don't be confused about these :
Christ is truly coming.
He has been coming through death
Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 11:21am On Mar 28
Like i said,everything in the bible is a repetition of history. Things that happened millions of years back in another world.
Re: When Is He Coming? by Kobojunkie: 11:23am On Mar 28
Templee333:
∆ I was made to believe that one day, a man who died about 2000 years ago was lifted up into the sky where he made preparations for his 2nd coming. This 2nd coming means different things to different groups of people. Some say he is coming to roast the earth in an inferno after flying away with his believers to give them a home in the sky. Many christians hold this belief, though, some have a different way of explaining his 2nd coming. Now the big issue is, will this man ever come again? If yes, when? What is he coming to do?
You were made to believe? In this day and age? undecided
Re: When Is He Coming? by Kobojunkie: 11:24am On Mar 28
Templee333:
Like i said,everything in the bible is a repetition of history. Things that happened millions of years back in another world.
There you have it. So what exactly is the reason for this thread then? undecided
Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Mar 28
Templee333:
it is already known to everyone that you are here to preach about your organization.

The organization that taught you how to make use of your talent which is SPEECH but you choose not to use it among them and now it will surely waste away! Matthew 25:14-30wink

I don't want to set things straight because they will come after me as if i'm the one who rubbished them and their god but when you're ready for the answers to your questions feel free to approach me i'm always around to help you.

Only a JW can answer all your questions with efficacy! wink
Re: When Is He Coming? by Templee333(m): 11:50am On Mar 28
MaxInDHouse:

The organization that taught you how to make use of your talent which is SPEECH but you choose not to use it among them and now it will surely waste away! Matthew 25:14-30wink

I don't want to set things straight because they will come after me as if i'm the one who rubbished them and their god but when you're ready for the answers to your questions feel free to approach me i'm always around to help you.

Only a JW can answer all your questions with efficacy! wink
wow! Approach you? As in coming to lagos state? Anyway, i have something else to ask you in another thread
Re: When Is He Coming? by Veecruz: 11:52am On Mar 28
paxonel:

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children..

Is good seed the same as children?

If it is the same, how then is that logic of Jesus Christ stupid?

Can't you think?

Proper thinking reveals this is off point. The topic is death, judgment and coming.

And clearly the bible shows that Judgment takes place only when the a rested and accuseds are awoken, to be taken to Court. Thus, it cannot be in the grave and neither could there be "he comes everyday" since He is only meant to come twice.
Re: When Is He Coming? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28
Templee333:
wow! Approach you? As in coming to lagos state? Anyway, i have something else to ask you in another thread

You're always welcome anytime! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Presence, Our Blessing / Light Tower Neighborhood Prayer Fellowship / The Ears And Eyes Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.