Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34360 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ruffhandu: 8:43pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

No. I am not.

It's a one day per week side hustle for the fellow.

Ok. Sorry I didn't get that detail
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 9:15pm On Mar 28
IbeOkehie:

The point is that teachers are NOT building houses anyhow in Nigeria. I know many, many teachers in Nigeria and most of them don't own homes in the urban areas where they live. In the village, they may live in their ancestral homes/lands.

Anyway, the total combined revenues of Federal & State governments in Nigeria is less than $30 billion so where will they get money to pay teachers grin

Good Luck to Nigerian Teachers.

Dey play!

Teachers are building houses here anyhow

We don't spend dollars in Nigeria and our GDP is huge.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by patokenneth: 9:16pm On Mar 28
247man:

How is this true for Lord’s sake? How can u compare someone income in London (most expensive city in uk) to someone income in NIGERIA (the whole country) is 200k living in vi better than 2000£ living in london ?
We deserve our mentors jare.
Exactly what I thought... I am happy someone else saw through the dishonest comparison. You mentioned London when you spoke about the UK, and then instead of saying Lekki or Maitama, you mentioned Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erasourcin: 9:30pm On Mar 28
What is this man saying.

This is not comparable at all.

This Oga should understand different between London and other county in the United Kingdom

London is expensive.more expensive than the most expensive city in Nigeria or other European country

I will break it down.

If you earn 2000 pounds it’s impossible to live in London with that amount and have savings. Only rent for a single room will cost up to 1500 pounds per month you go pay council tax. Gas and light bill nko a lot.

But if you live in places outside London. Let say Birmingham for example . Then you are good to go.

Meanwhile, 2000 pounds na like minimum wage o meaning most cleaners and refuse movers earn this.,Mind you in Uk there is dignity in labor this job are sort after

People earning 2000 pounds lives beautiful and comfortable life than e en person earning 500k naira in Nigeria

If you earn 200k and lives in Ajah, you can’t live in a mini flat o. You should be looking at sheared apartments that cost 500 to 600k per year

My brother if you enter UK. Just give your self a year or 2 you be earning over 3000k or lore per month it’s time
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Fatbam005: 9:36pm On Mar 28
Stephench:

I live in Europe - don't tell me what I know. There are so many ways to cut down cost of living in Europe and you'll still be living better than the middle class in Nigeria.
How? By dodging house rent and treking. Dey play
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Fatbam005: 9:38pm On Mar 28
lagosrd:

Which of the truth is he saying
Oga £2000 is almost #3.4m (@#1700/£)

Pay ur tax there of around 15% of #510,000

You're left with a balance of #2,890,000

Pay your rent of £800 (#1,360,000)/month

You're left with how much £900
That's around (#1,530,000)

So tell me why you want to buy that you won't buy

Even if your total take home is £500 per month and you're modest . Oga that's is
#850,000

Don't mind these people o, they won't change anything , they don't give reasonable assistance and scholarships yet they prepare to enslave you and block you from every possible aspirations.

Tell me which bank you can go to now and secure a sensible loan that will be not send you to your early grave or the one you won't end up working for after all manners of interest (hidden and open ones) yet they declare bogus profits quarterly with their staffs looking like hungry bees.

Men don't let them waste your time. You will account for whatever you become in life to your children and not to any onyema.

In this present situation someone is bold to come out to tell you to earn 200k , where will that take you too.

Oga no mind them. They are all the same . Wicked people , enslaving fellow Africans .
Oga 1 plus 1 no be two when it comes to this kind of issue. U dey do math untop money you Sabi d millions person owe before japa.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Fatbam005: 9:47pm On Mar 28
obi4eze:
This is a very big lie. I was earning more than 200k in Nigeria before I migrated to UK. My salary now is more than £2k and life in the UK is much more better than even if I was earning 500k in Nigeria.
Thank God. No be everyone e easy for in the UK. Be warned
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Reussite: 10:20pm On Mar 28
Allen must have been high when he made this statement. How is monthly 200k better than £2k ?😂
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by grandstar(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28
Geovanni412:

I agree that Feeding is expensive

But using bag of rice as a metric is a poor measure

It would be better to use a cup of rice

Use a unit that people consume per day and not sth that stretches out over months.

.Many people in Nigeria have never bought a bag of rice in their lifetime..make we dey tell ourselves the truth

Even overseas, people don't buy 50kg bags. The biggest they go for may be like the 5 or 10kg bags.

We used to buy a 50kg bags of rice in my dad's house years ago

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by grandstar(m): 10:48pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Dey play!

Teachers are building houses here anyhow

We don't spend dollars in Nigeria and our GDP is huge.

In which country are teachers building houses?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ufotunang: 10:54pm On Mar 28
MrProlific95:
the man is sleeping, how can he even say that
...do not mind him...and his children live and base in UK
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ufotunang: 10:55pm On Mar 28
If Nigeria is better than UK or countries aboard bring your children back to Nigeria na...why are they living in abroad
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ufotunang: 11:00pm On Mar 28
200k is nothing in this Tinubu hard economy
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Wazobia20: 11:02pm On Mar 28
Mr Allen is playing FG advocate, trying to discourage JAPA, how can you compare bread to burger , £2k in UK to 200k in Naija ..tell them say own eye don clear👂👂
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by splmosixx(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28
You don travel out Nigeria before??

Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

If .
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by PepeXKermit: 11:21pm On Mar 28
maasoap:

200k naira will give you 307 tins of evaporated peak milk in Nigeria (170g at N650). 2000 pounds will give 3,333 tins of evaporated carnation milk in UK (410g at £1.4!).
Una dey well so? Let's continue to put sense in you

You sound very ignorant. I can tell you have not lived in the UK before or anywhere outaide Nigeria. Prove me wrong
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Londerry: 11:36pm On Mar 28
babaowambe:
Rent in UK 1'500 to 1,800 for a tiny 2 room apartment
Utilities like water,TV licence internet, phone top ups,gas, electricity , 200 pounds
Transport IE fuel, insurance, maintenance, that's if you have a car. 500
Bus or train ticket 50.00
Food and other necessary items 80 to 100 pounds
Clothing 30 to 50 depending on season
Savings ??
Holidays. 200 to 500
Results speaks for itself.

If you make 2500 pounds monthly you can save 500 pounds without holidays or vacations . 500*12 = 6000, 6000* 1000 (worst case) is 6,000,000 naira savings yearly. How many 200k monthly can save 6,000,0000 yearly in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Londerry: 11:56pm On Mar 28
7upnigeria:

Some of you that have not even travelled to cotonou before would want to argue with a man that's well travelled, own an airline and a good employer of labour. How many people do you employ. Some of you supporters of Obi cant even mention 5 ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE OBI you're supporting. Only running around to support him BECAUSE SOMEONE YOU KNOW supports him. Many learned and intelligent achievers support Tinubu for what he's doing. I've hardly seen any intelligent and MEANINGFUL PERSONALITY that has come out speak against Tinubu. From Okonjo-Iweala, Charles Soludo, Reno Omokri etc.

NON-ENTITIES like you should not even be allowed to own voters card.

Sorry sir, but I disagree. He won in the states dominated by elites. Lagos and Abuja. Check your records.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by lesson44: 12:07am On Mar 29
He is so out of touch of today Nigeria, he could not place actual value on Naira today .
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by KingWarri: 12:39am On Mar 29
helinues:

How much is a monthly rent in UK compared to Nigeria? Lets start from there
Rent there is about 300 to 600 pounds.
My rent here 500k naira. (Self contained)
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 12:40am On Mar 29
grandstar:

In which country are teachers building houses?

Where else if not Nigeria
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 12:42am On Mar 29
Londerry:

If you make 2500 pounds monthly you can save 500 pounds without holidays or vacations . 500*12 = 6000, 6000* 1000 (worst case) is 6,000,000 naira savings yearly. How many 200k monthly can save 6,000,0000 yearly in Nigeria

Stop converting to Naira!!! 6,000 pounds is worth far less that NGN6m!!! angry
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by AirBay: 2:57am On Mar 29
Donaldoni:

Stop converting to Naira!!! 6,000 pounds is worth far less that NGN6m!!! angry

Shut up there. You don't know what 6k pounds means... Naira is dead mate.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by uvie66: 3:05am On Mar 29
Donaldoni:

It's a one day per week side hustle for the fellow.
ok, I retract my statement.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by AirBay: 3:17am On Mar 29
004gist:

You are the one crying here. Am responding to what onyema said. I agree with his views having been here.. If u earn 400k in Nigeria you are better off most especially now as naira continues to gain strength.

No hug transformers oh. Since u hate your country n prefer to lick onyebo yash

Nowadays earning £2k is better than earning 400k in Nigeria. As far as I know, the goal for most people is not how much they earn but how much they save. Let me ask you, how many cities in Nigeria and how many job positions offer 400k salary?

£2k pounds monthly before tax is a very low pay in the UK which is earned mostly by new graduates, college graduates, hustlers (warehouse workers, auxiliary nurses "care workers level 1" bar tenders, excluding security, some basic security guys earn 3-4k Monthly)

What category of people earn 400k in Nigeria? How many new graduates earn 400k? With 400k you may be struggling to get a good house lagos if other responsibilities are added, Abuja is even out of the matter.

With a salary of £2k you can live conveniently in most part of England excluding some parts of London. Also you can earn £2k easily in UK whereas 400k is DIAMOND, GOLD, FRANKINCENCE combined together in Nigeria.

We have 36 States in Nigeria, less than 1% of people in 5 sates including FCT can boast of getting jobs paying 400k..400k salary in my state na Bank manager be that grin

Lastly, no one hates their country, it's the government and leaders people hate.. if your parents keep beating/hitting you, not feeding you, destroying your future, making your life miserable, not providing your basic needs from age 0 - 18, will you still love them? Almost 80% of people in their 30s-40s in Nigeria never get life direction, it is not their fault, people are making efforts but....let me stop here.

NB: this is salary comparison, £2k is a very basic salary in UK.. 200k or 400k is not a basic salary in 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Knelsoon: 4:27am On Mar 29
benjanny:
That's true.
taxation overseas is too high.

but job security over their should be put into consideration.
We are not actually travelling abroad to earn very higher,but at least you will easily access good health facilities and the rest.

As a foreigner, it easier to become a billionaire in Nigeria than becoming a millionaire overseas
you mentioned taxes are high

Good road reach your house, light dy 24 hours, you open water e no stop, you call police dm reach you in 2mins, you go hospital for emergency oxygen don reach your neck in 1sec, you get high emergency, helicopter fit show up, your kids can go to free school from 5-16, fire dy burn your house, pana pana(firefighters)go show up e.t.c. e.t.c...... these things don't come free sir/ma... taxes are not high if it is been utilised.

Why is it easy to become a billionaire in Nigeria? Because people are not taxed. If Dangote grp were to be in us/uk/canada.. he won't smell 1million...lol. the company would have been shut down by now.. his trucks keep killing people and business still dy run. What a country embarassed

Edited..lol
https://www.nairaland.com/8045093/national-grid-collapses-again
This is one of the reasons why we need 50% of e.g dangote's cash as tax only if it will be properly managed

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by donem: 5:37am On Mar 29
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed
I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.

Modified
Everybody is bashing me. cheesy
First, it's a one day per week job. Second, it's a side hustle for the fellow.
All the curses back to sender. cheesy
cheesy was about to curse too, applied restrain upon seing the modification.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:04am On Mar 29
AirBay:

Nowadays earning £2k is better than earning 400k in Nigeria. As far as I know, the goal for most people is not how much they earn but how much they save. Let me ask you, how many cities in Nigeria and how many job positions offer 400k salary?

£2k pounds monthly before tax is a very low pay in the UK which is earned mostly by new graduates, college graduates, hustlers (warehouse workers, auxiliary nurses "care workers level 1" bar tenders, excluding security, some basic security guys earn 3-4k Monthly)

What category of people earn 400k in Nigeria? How many new graduates earn 400k? With 400k you may be struggling to get a good house lagos if other responsibilities are added, Abuja is even out of the matter.

With a salary of £2k you can live conveniently in most part of England excluding some parts of London. Also you can earn £2k easily in UK whereas 400k is DIAMOND, GOLD, FRANKINCENCE combined together in Nigeria.

We have 36 States in Nigeria, less than 1% of people in 5 sates including FCT can boast of getting jobs paying 400k..400k salary in my state na Bank manager be that grin

Lastly, no one hates their country, it's the government and leaders people hate.. if your parents keep beating/hitting you, not feeding you, destroying your future, making your life miserable, not providing your basic needs from age 0 - 18, will you still love them? Almost 80% of people in their 30s-40s in Nigeria never get life direction, it is not their fault, people are making efforts but....let me stop here.

NB: this is salary comparison, £2k is a very basic salary in UK.. 200k or 400k is not a basic salary in 9ja.
Thanks Boss for your divine comment 🙏 your day is blessed!

Tell the idiots ooo....
Let them hear and learn.

Haba...
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Jessez: 7:52am On Mar 29
Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a

nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

If youre talking in terms of food, it's cheaper over there though maybe our Nigerian foods are on the high side but you'll still be able to afford it.

It's only the rent I know it's expensive and their taxes but if you cut your coat according to your cloth, you'll live fine. Avoid those their big apartments and you'll have enough change to roll by and still save something.

Life na management until you can Stand on your feet.

In all I still prefer the environment there this una place don dey smell too much.

Oga u have to pay for all this things you mention abroad, but here in Nigeria do you pay for anything
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Dybala11(m): 8:57am On Mar 29
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available
You and Mr Onyeama na bloody liar. How will a man earning #200k in this present state of the economy be able to afford having a driver, cook and maid, not to talk about miscellaneous living expenses, rent fees, feeding, electricity bill and so on. Dey sofree lie give us na. He even said that £2k is like #2k and you rushed to agree with him just because it suits your agenda.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by BuyMeBanger: 9:07am On Mar 29
He ain't lying about the first part of his statement cry, time to do something about that cool.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by fxexperts: 11:22am On Mar 29
Donaldoni:

All your bad wishes back on your head! angry
I reject it back to you too. You can keep saying all these rubbishes. but i cannot be paying a fellow human being 4k for a whole month of work. that is pure evil and definitely you might reap the same evil soon. haba i spend N2500 to pay a car wash person to watch my car per wash ooh, that is a job he can finish in less than an hour oh. 2-hour work that is more than 1month work for your maid. and the guy will work for you morning till night oo.. haba.. you wicked baba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Four Nigerian Banks Among Top 500 Global Banks / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it / Hauwa Indimi & Mohammed Yar'adua Welcome First Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.