Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34539 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Villa12(m): 5:36pm On Mar 28
004gist:

No knew confuse you and no one is holding u back. You can take the decision is yours.

But on this topic he is right to some point.
to you he's right. But to me and some other persons he's absolutely wrong. Very simple

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Geovanni412(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28
headboyprince:
lol I see your brain is too small to comprehend facts. So let me break it down simple. a family of four needs about 6-7 cups per day on average. 3 cups is nothing.

1 bag is only 288 cups. Now do the maths 288/6= 48 days.

Your knowledge of the Nigerian situation is too poor

How many Nigerians are sure of their next meal?

There are over 71 million Nigerians in poverty

These people are not sure of their next meal, so what business do they have with a bag of rice?

Their business is with one or half cup of rice.

The fact that you are living well does not mean that many Nigerians are.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by U1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 28
004gist:

If not money what are u relocating selling everything for?

Let's stop pretending

A sense of security, at least - even if it is a false sense of security.

Do you think kidnappers, "bandits" and what not will have such free hand in the UK?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by 004gist: 5:53pm On Mar 28
U1:

A sense of security, at least - even if it is a false sense of security.

Do you think kidnappers, "bandits" and what not will have such free hand in the UK?

Yes there is security in UK . Very high security level..
If its that you are right.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingrshd3: 5:56pm On Mar 28
Villa12:
you get problem. Allow people to JAPA in peace. Face your emilokan government grin

Who ask u not to Japa ..
And who told u people are not making money and success with enikookan government also who told u all d people that have Japa and their citizens too are richer than Wizkid and border boy .

I guess u lack sense of enlightenment
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Villa12(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28
Kingrshd3:

Who ask u not to Japa ..
And who told u people are not making money and success with enikookan government also who told u all d people that have Japa and their citizens too are richer than Wizkid and border boy .

I guess u lack sense of enlightenment
Mr anti JAPA, allow people to leave.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erniok(m): 6:27pm On Mar 28
helinues:

How much is a monthly rent in UK compared to Nigeria? Lets start from there
You obviously are not a smart fellow. Compare London with lekki phase 1, V.I.,Maitama with the salaries he mentioned then know he goofed big time.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by martolux(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28
Stop being overly patriotic! Compare the purchasing power of £2000 plus tax in the UK and N200,000 in Nigeria and you'll understand that inflation pass inflation.
Ijaya123:

You should be the one to quit being myopic. Show me one country in the world that is not battling with high inflation rate?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Ijaya123: 6:42pm On Mar 28
martolux:
Stop being overly patriotic! Compare the purchasing power of £2000 plus tax in the UK and N200,000 in Nigeria and you'll understand that inflation pass inflation.

Oh! So you have a problem with my being patriotic? Now I understand where you’re coming from.

Going by your arguement, Allen Onyema must be a very ignorant person and a liar.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by wunmi590(m): 6:48pm On Mar 28

With this man mentality, he will be very very stingy, please somebody should check if he pays his staff well, for him to make this statement
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by kunle75(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28
Globalinfo247:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-ScOLawvk?si=fIkCO1w7Z05It9Wh

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CCQLRNk4y/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CCQLRNk4y/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

From my personal experience, he can't compare the economic values derived from those two earnings.
If you earn £2k in England yes its not enough but with strict spending you can still be partially comfortable bearing in mind that all the money was spent with the value accrued to it, water,security, electricity,good infrastructure and stufs are all provided and you don't have to worry about buying gas to power your generator or sleeping in darkness and hot rooms.
In comparison, a fella in Naija earnings #200k might have to go extra mile to provide everything government should have made available out of his little earnings. The matter is subjective to the environment.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by kunle75(m): 7:12pm On Mar 28
Ijaya123:

Oh! So you have a problem with my being patriotic? Now I understand where you’re coming from.

Going by your arguement, Allen Onyema must be a very ignorant person and a liar.

He lacks basics economics knowledge, and poor at world GDP understanding too.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by headboyprince(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28
Geovanni412:

Your knowledge of the Nigerian situation is too poor

How many Nigerians are sure of their next meal?

There are over 71 million Nigerians in poverty

These people are not sure of their next meal, so what business do they have with a bag of rice?

Their business is with one or half cup of rice.

The fact that you are living well does not mean that many Nigerians are.
lol so you're saying a family of 4 will feed on one cup of rice per day.? shocked do you know one cup is equivalent to one plate. A normal adult can finish 2 plate at a go. That's equivalent to 2 cups.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by NemoDatQuod(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28
I came to this party late. But I have some data that may help.

Let's not use London vs Lagos so that Lagos does not start shedding un-mitigatable tears. Let's compare Lagos with Birmingham, the UK's second largest city.
1. House rent for a lovely two bedroom apartment (see attached link to the advertised house. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/145672040#/media?id=media0&ref=photoCollage&channel=RES_LET) £775/month

2. Council Tax - Let's make it expensive at Band D £90/month

3. Electricity/Gas/water. again, let's be generous £200/month

4. Feeding for say a single guy or babe living on their own £200/month

5. Flenjure - Goes out once a week @ £50/outing £200/month

6. Transport £60

7. Total £1,525

So, he or she still has £475/month to save every month x N1,603 as at today's rate = N761,425. But you that is earning N200K you are better off than him or her in Birmingham? Ogaa oo! After paying all his bills and spending money on "flenjure", he still has near four times of that your total N200K a month. We will not even bother trying to talk about the slaves you acquire as driver and or house maid. We do not pay people as slaves and or treat them as slaves over here. So, we are happy for you guys to continue with your slavery business. Someone here wrote that he pays his house help(sorry , slave) N4K/month and he said with his full chest. Mtchew

But the greatest fallacy in Onyema's desperate, bare faced lie is that he has made Nigerians out to be low level unskilled workers struggling in the UK. I don't know about those who have been arriving these past couple of years to do care work, but I personally know many Nigerians who are real big boys in this country and this city of London. Boys and girls who are professionals in various fields going home with £10K after tax every month. But let's be kind and make it just £8K after tax every month. That means his or her savings every month is at least £6K X N1,603 = N9,618,000, while you with your N200K a month is better?

Ok. Let's make it that he or she makes only £4k a month after tax and spends even say £2K a month on the expenses listed above. It is still £2K X N1,603 = in fact, let me leave you to do the arithmetic and comparison.

Onyema can lie from Saudi Arabia to Australia for all he wants, just because he knows that all the man in Aso Rock need do is send him on a trip to the USA and he will not be seen or heard from again for thirty or more years while he pays his debt to that society, in what we here call "at His Majesty's Pleasure". But there is one simple truth : a society that has cannibalised every single indicea for human living, from education, to how we relate with one another, to infrastructure, to the well being of children, to the protection of women etal, is a doomed society. There is no remedy for such a society where corruption is the most dominant component in its economic model, if not the only component.

Finally, those who say that education is scam, are those who have resigned themselves to failure. We are here and balling because of education. It wasn't the very best of education given that you cannot give what you do not have, as we all experienced in Naija universities. But when you are determined and you read beyond your near illiterate lecturer with a PhD, and you remain focused and know the time to work hard and the time to "flenjure" hard too, you will ultimately succeed. But first, you must define what true success means.

Tip: success has nothing to do with money. Money as a barometer for success is only what greedy people put in their own minds.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by IbeOkehie: 7:23pm On Mar 28
VeeVeeMyLuv:

There's absolutely nothing to defend there,
First that 2k pounds is actually minimum wage over there.

While this 200k here that is far higher than our minimum wage (30k) is Close to big boy salary.

He is supposed to be comparing minimum wage by minimum wage.

Now these guys are dragging their feet to implement new salary scale since last year. Mind you for over 10 years now salary and wages has not changed.

A good shoe now is close to 40k, jeans, trouser, shirt all flying towards 10k. New suit 35k. If You remove all these from the 200k wetin go remain? Full tank fuel nearly 40k!

I expected to see serious nationwide protests by now, but to my greatest amazement, people have decided to remain silent and smiling in their consolidated reinforced suffering.

Geovanni412:

Salary and wage can never change just like that. If they do that, they will sink the country in heavy inflation

What will be the new minimum wage? 1million naira?

In my opinion, minimum wage should be scrapped

Let them pay people per hour instead. I think the minimum wage experiment in Nigeria has failed woefully.

I like this discussion. These are the things that really matter, that educated people should be discussing. Policy, not necessarily politics.

(1) The absence of protests - that results from a lack of national consensus. Diversity is a danger to any democratic nation and Nigeria is very diverse. In Jan 2012, the protests AGAINST the withdrawal of fuel subsidies were concentrated in the North and West of Nigeria. Diversity is the reason for that.

https://www.nairaland.com/7989670/tinubu-nigeria-sinking-streets-full/6#128295162

AND

Gerrard59:

You knew this, yet you are arguing on how ethnic dominance leads to prosperity? So, how come Namibians or Ghanaians cannot be deceived along ethnic lines? When the economy of Ghana got terrible, Ghanaians went to the streets protesting. No one mentioned ethnicity. But during ENDSARS, Igbos were accused of fostering the protests because they "wanted to burn Lagos". There were few protests in the north, all by Northern Christians.

When OccupyNigeria reigned, there was none of such throughout the south east and south south. Yes, I remember Ngozi Okonjo said the economy was bleeding 350BN naira daily, but because there weren't protests in Eastern Nigeria (south east and south south), the economy was still OK. OccupyNigeria only happened in the SW and Muslim North.

So, how can such a country prosper when there are divergent opinions?

(2) National Wage Laws are counterproductive. They should be abolished. Some of the most prosperous nations in the world like Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and others have no national minimum wage and most have no minimum wage at any level of government. Minimum wage increases the cost of labor and when the cost of anything rises, demand for that thing is decreased. Simple principle of economics.

(3) Whatever the case, the immediate cause of inflation in Nigeria is the wanton printing of naira in the past 8 years or so. With price stability there's less controversy about wages. In fact low inflation brings about a REAL increase in buying power.

Thanks to you guys. Those were some refreshing comments in this desert. Arrrrrgggggh grin

Good Luck to Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by headboyprince(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28
NemoDatQuod:
I came to this party late. But I have some data that may help.

Let's not use London vs Lagos so that Lagos does not start shedding un-mitigatable tears. Let's compare Lagos with Birmingham, the UK's second largest city.
1. House rent for a lovely two bedroom apartment (see attached link to the advertised house. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/145672040#/media?id=media0&ref=photoCollage&channel=RES_LET) £775/month

2. Council Tax - Let's make it expensive at Band D £90/month

3. Electricity/Gas/water. again, let's be generous £200/month

4. Feeding for say a single guy or babe living on their own £200/month

5. Flenjure - Goes out once a week @ £50/outing £200/month

6. Transport £60

7. Total £1,525

So, he or she still has £475/month to save every month x N1,603 as at today's rate = N761,425. But you that is earning N200K you are better off than him or her in Birmingham? Ogaa oo! After paying all his bills and spending money on "flenjure", he still has near four times of that your total N200K a month. We will not even bother trying to talk about the slaves you acquire as driver and or house maid. We do not pay people as slaves and or treat them as slaves over here. So, we are happy for you guys to continue with your slavery business. Someone here wrote that he pays his house help(sorry , slave) N4K/month and he said with his full chest. Mtchew

But the greatest fallacy in Onyema's desperate, bare faced lie is that he has made Nigerians out to be low level unskilled workers struggling in the UK. I don't know about those who have been arriving these past couple of years to do care work, but I personally know many Nigerians who are real big boys in this country and this city of London. Boys and girls who are professionals in various fields going home with £10K after tax every month. But let's be kind and make it just £8K after tax every month. That means his or her savings every month is at least £6K X N1,603 = N9,618,000, while you with your N200K a month is better?

Ok. Let's make it that he or she makes only £4k a month after tax and spends even say £2K a month on the expenses listed above. It is still £2K X N1,603 = in fact, let me leave you to do the arithmetic and comparison.

Onyema can lie from Saudi Arabia to Australia for all he wants, just because he knows that all the man in Aso Rock need do is send him on a trip to the USA and he will not be seen or heard from again for thirty or more years while he pays his debt to that society, in what we here call "at His Majesty's Pleasure". But there is one simple truth : a society that has cannibalised every single indicea for human living, from education, to how we relate with one another, to infrastructure, to the well being of children, to the protection of women etal, is a doomed society. There is no remedy for such a society where corruption is the most dominant component in its economic model, if not the only component.

Finally, those who say that education is scam, are those who have resigned themselves to failure. We are here and balling because of education. It wasn't the very best of education given that you cannot give what you do not have, as we all experienced in Naija universities. But when you are determined and you read beyond your near illiterate lecturer with a PhD, and you remain focused and know the time to work hard and the time to "flenjure" hard too, you will ultimately succeed. But first, you must define what true success means.

Tip: success has nothing to do with money. Money as a barometer for success is only what greedy people put in their own minds.

they don't understand all these. They still have slavery mentality. grin

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Teachers are building houses o.

In Nigeria, right? And that would normally take forever before. Now, it is almost practically impossible with the current prices of building materials without mortgage or anything

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by headboyprince(m): 7:45pm On Mar 28
Dshocker:

He has seen life more than you, and he speaks from experience.

Oga, utility bills won't even allow you save up to £50 from a salary of £2,000.

So i think you are the one sleeping.
Which utility bill will consume a whole 2k per month, I want to know?

You can't just be making assumptions and lies anyhow
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by IbeOkehie: 7:45pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Teachers are building houses o.

Yes indeed, they're building mansions. Teachers also drive nice cars, the evidence is there in the parking lot of any primary and secondary school in Nigeria. grin

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 7:49pm On Mar 28
IbeOkehie:

Yes indeed, they're building mansions. Teachers also drive nice cars, the evidence is there in the parking lot of any primary and secondary school in Nigeria. grin

Good Luck to Nigeria.

Sure.

What's your point now

Continue deluding yourself cheesy
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 7:50pm On Mar 28
maasoap:

In Nigeria, right? And that would normally take forever before. Now, it is almost practically impossible with the current prices of building materials without mortgage or anything

You guys just can't get it.

Building never stops no matter what.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 28
RaptorX:
Just like you have become a billionaire living in the UK. Country that most people are living from hand to mouth, I repeat no be only billionaire na trillionaire.
Bross if your circle of freinds are cleaners and scrubbers wit no legal rights in the Uk then nah you go run am, my circle is full of professionals, Doctors, lawyers and more Engineers. So I fit into the narrative I'm flinging at you!

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

No. I am not.

It's a one day per week side hustle for the fellow.
fair enough, You made it sound like the whole month, statement withdrawn!
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

You guys just can't get it.

Building never stops no matter what.
It does cos hardly individuals build their own homes in Europe. Company and government DO!

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28
headboyprince:
Which utility bill will consume a whole 2k per month, I want to know?

You can't just be making assumptions and lies anyhow
You know people like to assume and talk about stuff they know next to nothing about. Good question there, I want to know what utility bill that would zap that much
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Crvrider: 8:05pm On Mar 28
SoNature:
Allen Onyema, I understand that Nigeria has blessed you so much and you will say anything to defend the country.

However, don't get into an argument or make statements you cannot defend. You don't live in the UK. £2k can do a lot more in the UK than what #2k can do in Nigeria.

My point exactly. Why compare £2k with N200k
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 8:05pm On Mar 28
erico2k2:

It does cos hardly individuals build their own homes in Europe. Company and government DO!

But we do here by the help and grace of God!
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 8:06pm On Mar 28
erico2k2:

fair enough, You made it sound like the whole month, statement withdrawn!

Honestly, I should have highlighted that fact.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by PropertyBuying(f): 8:16pm On Mar 28
Let's do the calculations.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingrshd3: 8:19pm On Mar 28
Villa12:
Mr anti JAPA, allow people to leave.

Let them leave and go and sleep in the street after when they have used millions to leave and ended up sleeping in the park in overseas
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by HaneefahRN(f): 8:27pm On Mar 28
Oniro grin
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by IbeOkehie: 8:40pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Sure.

What's your point now

Continue deluding yourself cheesy

The point is that teachers are NOT building houses anyhow in Nigeria. I know many, many teachers in Nigeria and most of them don't own homes in the urban areas where they live. In the village, they may live in their ancestral homes/lands.

Anyway, the total combined revenues of Federal & State governments in Nigeria is less than $30 billion so where will they get money to pay teachers grin

Good Luck to Nigerian Teachers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges / Should I Open A Domiciliary Account? Why? / Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.