Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34514 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ruffhandu: 12:06pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

One day per week is not equivalent to 4 hours here.
It definitely is more:
1. Clothes are washed.
2. The toilets are washed.
3. The floor is swept and mopped.
This will cost you your salary in UK if you hire someone.

Back to the shopping, I didn't do any conversion.
If I list what I bought here, if you were to buy similar in the UK, you will smell pepper.
Yet I spent just around 100k, maybe a little more, I am yet to ascertain the actual figure.
And the stuff is for the whole month including the Easter celebrations.

Imagine how much this will cost you in the UK cheesy

It is a lie bro, can even be done in less than 4 hours. Only number 2 and 3 will take the cleaner's effort. There are washing machines everywhere bro.

You spent 100k shopping? For how long will that last you till the next shopping sir? I like healthy debates.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by PropertyBuying(f): 1:48pm On Mar 30
Great! Let's have people's opinions backed with reasons.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 7:11pm On Mar 30
ruffhandu:

It is a lie bro, can even be done in less than 4 hours. Only number 2 and 3 will take the cleaner's effort. There are washing machines everywhere bro.

You spent 100k shopping? For how long will that last you till the next shopping sir? I like healthy debates.

I have a washing machine. I don't use it. It's stressful.
The lady does not use it either.

@Bolded
Sure. That's the calculation.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30
maasoap:

That's a lie right there! That 2k pounds will do a lot more than what 200k naira can do in Naija. The difference will even be too much to compare.

Meaning?
Ask him whether the 200k naira per month earner in Nigeria can afford that 3.2m naira solar installation in a breeze.

These guys will just be yarning dust anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30
AirBay:

Hopefully he no go fall sick
grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha

I don laff tire
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ruffhandu: 9:18pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

I have a washing machine. I don't use it. It's stressful.
The lady does not use it either.

@Bolded
Sure. That's the calculation.
You missed the point. People don't wash with hand abroad. My question was, after your 100k shopping, when next will you shop again, or do you spend like that every week shopping?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 9:21pm On Mar 30
ruffhandu:

You missed the point. People don't wash with hand abroad. My question was, after your 100k shopping, when next will you shop again, or do you spend like that every week shopping?

The level of shopping I did yesterday is monthly and I spent a little over 100k. There is the weekly one.

People don't wash with hand abroad Can you afford the power bill
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Knelsoon: 9:53pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

The level of shopping I did yesterday is monthly and I spent a little over 100k. There is the weekly one.

Why can't they afford the bill? I never understand.

If someone is earning £2k why must they remain in central London

You can live conveniently anywhere else with £2k which is not even 2k after tax.

Earning and spending Analysis
A single individual Earning £2k in Central Birmingham.

Rent: £700 (1rm apartment), (£500 shared house)
Bills: £150 (£75 shared flat)
Transport (train, tram, bus) £100
Feeding (80% naija food) £250

Total : £1200.
Savings : £400 ( 400 * 1800 = 720, 000)
Hospital: Free

This person will still be able to send #720, 000 home monthly to invest if they decide to. This is 4months of your 200k salary in 9ja.

If both individual falls sick and require e.g. kidney dialysis the £2k earner in uk survives, the 200k earner in 9ja start requesting for donations.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by santaclaws: 10:18pm On Mar 30
millionboi2:
because nobody is seeing your face here, you shamelessly lie without decorum.

Don't mind the mãd man. Imagine saying you pay someone 4k in Nigeria of today. How will the person even have strength to work for 1 week, talk less an entire month... 4k that can barely cook a pot of soup is what someone would work hard to collect in 30 days?

Some people are just silly.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by fxexperts: 10:21pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Are you deaf

The fellow works for only one day per week. And it's a side hustle for her.

Stop taking Panadol for another's headache. Od*!!! angry
oboy you better change and stop that your act of wickedness. and you give her 1k to work from morning till night ba. that is N80 per hour. haba change.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 10:27pm On Mar 30
Knelsoon:

Why can't they afford the bill? I never understand.

If someone is earning £2k why must they remain in central London

You can live conveniently anywhere else with £2k which is not even 2k after tax.

Earning and spending Analysis
A single individual Earning £2k in Central Birmingham.

Rent: £700 (1rm apartment), (£500 shared house)
Bills: £150 (£75 shared flat)
Transport (train, tram, bus) £100
Feeding (80% naija food) £250

Total : £1200.
Savings : £400 ( 400 * 1800 = 720, 000)
Hospital: Free

This person will still be able to send #720, 000 home monthly to invest if they decide to. This is 4months of your 200k salary in 9ja.

If both individual falls sick and require e.g. kidney dialysis the £2k earner in uk survives, the 200k earner in 9ja start requesting for donations.

Health insurance is free

Don't you pay other taxes like TV, radio, rains dropping from your ceiling to the drains etc etc

With fufu being over 1 pound, how can you be spending just 250 pounds on feeding a month

What of the personal income tax itself
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 10:29pm On Mar 30
maasoap:

Generally, it doesn't. But for some segments of the society, it does stop significantly. How many teachers without side hustles do you see still working on their sites at the moment?

The point is that we don't rely on our salary here. So the building NEVER stops.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 10:29pm On Mar 30
fxexperts:
oboy you better change and stop that your act of wickedness. and you give her 1k to work from morning till night ba. that is N80 per hour. haba change.

I insist, just mind your business.

The lady is not complaining.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Knelsoon: 10:41pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Health insurance is free

Don't you pay other taxes like TV, radio, rains dropping from your ceiling to the drains etc etc

With fufu being over 1 pound, how can you be spending just 250 pounds on feeding a month

The individual earning 2k has already paid around £400 in income tax and NI. They are covered already.

Personal income tax is a type of income tax levied on an individual's wages, salaries, and other types of income. Na this dm dy use do gppdroads make light dy stable, free health, free education from 5-16 e.t.c. How many people in Nigeria earn 200k monthly..how many of them can boast of 24hours electricity a day food roads to their homes..

Must the person eat fufu? And even if yes such person can buy 50 wraps for 50pounds for their cravings.

Chief, I love 9ja but pls someone earning 2k in uk is far better than 200k in Nigeria.

But everyone has their preference doubt
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ruffhandu: 10:43pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Power bill where? You will also ask me if I can afford internet bill. Washing with hand is a sign of developing or underdevelopment.

So after spending 100k a month how much do you spend shopping weekly?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 11:12pm On Mar 30
ruffhandu:

Power bill where? You will also ask me if I can afford internet bill. Washing with hand is a sign of developing or underdevelopment.

So after spending 100k a month how much do you spend shopping weekly?

How can people who dare not leave their lights on be happy to use the washing machine

Using machine here can be stressful especially if the cloths are much like ours.

@bolded
Around 25k(could be more) including PMS and gas smiley
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 11:36pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

You must be really out of time snd outtta touch. So you really believe people wash their clothes with hands abroad? 2024 like seriously??
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 11:37pm On Mar 30
erico2k2:

You must be really out of time snd outtta touch. So you really believe people wash their clothes with hands abroad? 2024 like seriously??

Most people will - to reduce the power bill smiley
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

How can people who dare not leave their lights on be happy to use the washing machine

Using machine here can be stressful especially if the cloths are much like ours.

@bolded

In NIgeria as we speak, no one leaves their lights on anymore if not in use when they are o n Prepaid. If you are on prepaid and have uninterrupted electricity, vast majority of low-income earners won't be able to top up their electric.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 11:39pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Most people will - to reduce the power bill smiley
NO ONE DOES. Washing machine to us is like having a pot to cook can't do without them in the west.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ruffhandu: 11:41pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

@bolded

Lol, the story they tell you at home. Nobody uses hand to wash any clothe in a civilized society bro.

If you spend 25k weekly, that makes it 100k monthly. Does that mean all your expenses for the month is adequately taken care of?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 11:45pm On Mar 30
ruffhandu:

Lol, the story they tell you at home. Nobody uses hand to wash any clothe in a civilized society bro.

If you spend 25k weekly, that makes it 100k monthly. Does that mean all your expenses for the month is adequately taken care of?

Be deceiving yourself.

Total is 200k(could be a little more)

Sure @bolded

Thank God
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 11:45pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Health insurance is free

its Beter 4 you to speak to people close to you who live abroad to give you the true reflection of the Uk so you don't go assuming Moreso you do not go embarrassing yourself in real life speaking like this. People pay National insurance from their salary a form of tax and payee tax plus pension. Then TV tax. Every other tax is optional.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 11:47pm On Mar 30
erico2k2:

its Beter 4 you to speak to people close to you who live abroad to give you the true reflection of the Uk so you don't go assuming Moreso you do not go embarrassing yourself in real life speaking like this. People pay National insurance from their salary a form of tax and payee tax plus pension. Then TV tax. Every other tax is optional.

Why then did you make it seem as if the health care is completely free when you actually pay for the insurance

We have health insurance here too.

Tax for rain that flowed from your roof to the gutter is optional
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 11:53pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Why then did you make it seem as if the health care is completely free when you actually pay for the insurance

We have health insurance here too.

Tax for rain that flowed from your roof to the gutter is optional
We call it free cos people who do not pay still get it.Now the money you pay is next to nothing for the service you get, imagine getting hip replacement and double bypass on the NHS for free. People who do not work get treated for free and get medication for free
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 2:00am On Mar 31
erico2k2:

We call it free cos people who do not pay still get it.Now the money you pay is next to nothing for the service you get, imagine getting hip replacement and double bypass on the NHS for free. People who do not work get treated for free and get medication for free

I will fact check and get back

We have free healthcare services too but it is limited...
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 2:12am On Mar 31
Donaldoni:

I will fact check and get back

We have free healthcare services too but it is limited...
free health care?
name one hospital that will give you free Panadol in Nigeria
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ruffhandu: 4:53am On Mar 31
Donaldoni:

Be deceiving yourself.

Total is 200k(could be a little more)

Sure @bolded

Thank God

You are the one deceiving yourself, deceiving ignorant people, and being deceived by the people who made the lame comment that 200k salary in Nigeria is better than 2k in uk.

Now you have listed what 200k gets you, using your hand to wash your clothes, with low quality life (no power supply, human right abuses, no security, etc), you did not even include your house rent. It means if you were to pay house rent, then the 200k won't be enough. I didn't see you brag that you also pay driver salary as he had claimed.

I know of a friend who lives in UK, with 3 kids, and yet he saves 500k every month. A lot of people just stay in Nigeria and console themselves and find point to argue that their leaders are treating them welll, instead of holding them accountable.

Please travel to UK, live their for 6 months, then come back let's have this debate.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 12:19pm On Mar 31
ruffhandu:

You are the one deceiving yourself, deceiving ignorant people, and being deceived by the people who made the lame comment that 200k salary in Nigeria is better than 2k in uk.

Now you have listed what 200k gets you, using your hand to wash your clothes, with low quality life (no power supply, human right abuses, no security, etc), you did not even include your house rent. It means if you were to pay house rent, then the 200k won't be enough. I didn't see you brag that you also pay driver salary as he had claimed.

I know of a friend who lives in UK, with 3 kids, and yet he saves 500k every month. A lot of people just stay in Nigeria and console themselves and find point to argue that their leaders are treating them welll, instead of holding them accountable.

Please travel to UK, live their for 6 months, then come back let's have this debate.

I have a washing machine but I choose to hire someone to do the washing for me.
How is that your headache?

I enjoy near 24 hours light so much so that I don't even have a generator.
Sometimes, I have to switch off my freezer to get stuffs out.

God secures us here. I have never had to visit the police station or call the cops for any security issue.

My human rights are intact. I am free to practice my faith and NOBODY dictates to me how to treat my wife and children unlike you niggerrrs abroad.

My house rent is 250k per year and it's been so since 2020.

You said the person in UK saves 500k monthly. Why do you guys like converting your chicken change pounds to Naira just to feel good?

Did you not purchase a visa and flight ticket to enter the UK? What the huge school fees you paid to attend a mushroom university over there?

Can you stay in UK and enjoy your Naira here in Nigeria?

If you are to visit Nigeria, don't you know how much it will cost you in air fares and the rest?

So you see, you are just managing over there. Nothing spectacular.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Donaldoni: 12:22pm On Mar 31
erico2k2:

free health care?
name one hospital that will give you free Panadol in Nigeria

If you are registered with an HMO, you won't pay anything.

If you go to a government hospital, you only pay for drugs .

When my wife put to bed in a government health center, it was the nurse on duty that obtained 2k from us. That's all. We were given a list of things needed beforehand and we brought them.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by erico2k2(m): 12:29pm On Mar 31
Donaldoni:

If you are registered with an HMO, you won't pay anything.

If you go to a government hospital, you only pay for drugs .

When my wife put to bed in a government health center, it was the nurse on duty that obtained 2k from us. That's all. We were given a list of things needed beforehand and we brought them.
Brother stop this talk nah, its being ignorant. Have you not seen people dies on the road from bleeding?
DO you have anyone to call to your home get burnt and your person got burnt?
If you have common appendix, do you have anywhere or anyone to call for such simple Operation?
If not for private hospitals in Nigeria, do you know how many persons would have gone 6ft bellow by now.in the uk U call the ambulance and they are there even b4 you look at the window sometimes. Beg stop.Nigeria wey be say ordinary check up you get charged.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31
Donaldoni:

The point is that we don't rely on our salary here. So the building NEVER stops.
I don't know "here" you are talking about. But I know that majority of salary earners don't have side hustles

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Mairama Indimi Gets Engaged (Photos) / 5 Lucrative Business Opportunities In Abuja / Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.