Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 (15418 Views)

"I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by CharleyBright(m): 9:47am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:
Three Reasons Why I Will Advise Peter Obi Not To Run In 2027

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents

Dream killers.
They don't have need to dream their dreams or make attempts to fulfill them if they dare dream. All their preoccupation is to kill other people's dreams.

Pls tell this goat to face his lane and not disturb another man trying to realize his drrams
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by arantess: 9:47am On Mar 29
EmperorCaesar:
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

They really dont know what they want

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

Again, this is the dullest group around cheesy cheesy cheesy
your family must be the dullest people around rooting for a drug dealer
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by arantess: 9:49am On Mar 29
Paraman:
Who's "you guys" you're talking about? When Tinubu is through with his tenure in 2031, he will handover to a northerner.
hope you will be better off or alive by then
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by 1Alex: 9:51am On Mar 29
Op is simply telling Igbos not to contest for presidential election in Nigeria anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by RecentHistory: 9:52am On Mar 29
SisterAnn:
The cocaine sniffer in Aso was not prepared for governance, this much was gleaned from his handler onunuga. We need men, real men who can take this country out of the cesspit of hopelessness the sniffer has plunged it into, that man is Peter Obi.

Peter Obi is a failure who doesn't have a single legacy project as Anambra Governor. Let him carry his prostitute of a wife and go rescue the unfortunate people in his place.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by able20(m): 9:52am On Mar 29
The OP who posted that piece of shit is currently Mad on Easter Friday.
Those fools are afraid of Peter Obi and don't want him to contest the election.
Every Nigerian even Agberos like MC Oluomo has the right to contest any election in Nigeria.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Slytiger: 9:52am On Mar 29
atiku4President:

And your poverty will never end. When you finish complaining and die lamenting in secret, your children will continue where you stopped and your children's children will take over. The circle of hopelessness will never stop in your generation.

Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members

Afonja007:
gumi's father said that a Christian will never become president of Nigeria he died painful death when Obasanjo became the president of Nigeria, Northerners never believed that Jonathan ordinary ijaw man from bayelsa will later became the president of Nigeria,I see you going the way of gumi's father take it easy ooh, nothing is 100percent on this earth

Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members

Monday60655:

How old will be your preferred candidate then? You nincompoop

Rule 2

cc: Seun mynd44 fergie01 mukina2 nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Appili(m): 9:54am On Mar 29
You are not God.
Paraman:
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by jaxxy(m): 9:55am On Mar 29
I agree and also disagree with you on this.

Yes 2027 will most likely be rigged if the electoral act is not properly interpreted and correct for obvious flaws.

But I disagree because it is too early to say what will happen in 2027.

Alot can/will happen b4 then...
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Monday60655(m): 9:58am On Mar 29
EmperorCaesar:
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

They really dont know what they want

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

Again, this is the dullest group around cheesy cheesy cheesy

How old will be your preferred candidate then? You nincompoop
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by David160(m): 9:59am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents

I also believe obi shouldn't run in 2027 but if he does I'll proudly vote for him again so long as am still in Nigeria.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Egharevba4: 10:02am On Mar 29
Paraman:
Who's "you guys" you're talking about? When Tinubu is through with his tenure in 2031, he will handover to a northerner.
Nawa oo
U dont even care about the country
U own is just to rule

How did God bring me here πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by mrblessed(m): 10:06am On Mar 29
Obi shouldn't run. He should fly.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Devaro: 10:08am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:
Bitter Peter Obi can NEVER be president.

Hmm. See god speak
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Jomonix: 10:08am On Mar 29
N
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by CodeTemplar: 10:09am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:
You lack maturity Mr man. No one is saying he should?
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by chyzoo4u(m): 10:10am On Mar 29
vanitybutiwanti:
Which youth grin grin

You mean Tinubu as sitting President will be ousted in 2027? How old are you?

So much audacity from someone using age as a yardstick to knowledge. If you're old enough, by now you should've known that in every aspect of life, including politics, impossible is nothing! I'm sure before 2023 elections, you never believed PO will get up to 20k votes from Lagos talk more of winning BAT there.

Yes, BAT will have a higher possibility of winning 2027 elections, but then, anything can happen. Case Study - Senegal.

Finally, if you don't bet all your properties, money, and borrow millions as much as possible to back BAT in 2027, even if the odd is 1.10, then you're a toddler (by your rules) or making money is never your business.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by eepeepook: 10:11am On Mar 29
He will still run because there is money to waste. Na Naija we dey. Atiku has spent enough money to feed thousands of Nigerians on pointless campaigns since parents of Nairalanders were in junior secondary school. He’ll campaign again in 2027 and likely into his early 90s. Leave these men. If them win, e no go benefit you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by BigDawsNet: 10:11am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents

I think 80% of the yorubas can work with Obi
But
I doubt 15% of the northerners can work with Obi...

So you right... he should look else wher... but I know Obi won't blackout easily... so let him keep fighting for the good of these country... maybe oneday! God will make it possible for him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Monday60655(m): 10:11am On Mar 29
Slytiger:

Thank you. But hope you take note of the length of his own abuse as well?

Rule 2

cc: Seun mynd44 fergie01 mukina2 nlfpmod
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:11am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
Remember when you guys said Buhari was unelectable?
buhari later ran under a strong APC party with national outlook Peter obi in a regional party like LP cant win he should return to PDP as that's the only party can match APC for president polls...

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by NOwazobia: 10:12am On Mar 29
Won't support him in another election, though.

Don't really like him very much in the first.

He was not the best governor in his time.

Only supported him because I hate the rest.

4 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Verbtips(m): 10:12am On Mar 29
Ofunaofu:
OP, your concerns are quite valid.

But we can't just give up on this country.

We have an obligation to the next generation to rescue this country from notorious narcotics drug traffickers and buccaneering power grabbers who have absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians rather than to inflict more premium hunger, starvation, and strife.Β 

We shouldn't allow these charlatans to run this country aground
does who know the current affairs are hero
it seems you don't know the gravity of whatyou are saying,if you wish obi well you won't ket him contest,if he is not careful enough he might lose his life
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Image123(m): 10:13am On Mar 29
Obi lamba boys don dey come to reality of the impossibility of Obi winning. How can Obi compete with President Tinubu? Under what parameters?

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by adioolayi(m): 10:16am On Mar 29
All I can deduce from OP is pure ranting!!!

A certain Buhari defeated incumbent President Jonathan...

Saying 2027 is already won is a sign of defeat and cluelessness!!!

Nigeria's politics is complex and at the same time straightforward..

PDP and LP have a combined 13Million plus votes..

If all heavyweight politicians in opposition can drop their egos and come together by forming a simple peaceful merger between PDP, NNPP and LP, this will do the magic....provided that President Tinubu is unable to rescue Nigeria's economy..

It will be a straightforward win for the united opposition...and they should sign an agreement for a southerner to complete the remaining 4years for the South...meaning, if it's Peter Obi that will run...he will use a single term. This arrangement will defeat APC.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Annymation(m): 10:24am On Mar 29
OBI says he is not desperate to be Nigeria president, but for Nigeria to be better[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Winning123: 10:26am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents

It is not 2 cents. What you wrote is actually thrash, laden with tribalism, and evil wish for the country. You are disgust me honestly. Your wish for this country will not see the light of the day. I am not Peter Obi's supporter but leave him alone. You don't know more than he does.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by adicius: 10:30am On Mar 29
He should go and be president of Biafra, because an Igbo man can and will never be president of Nigeria. Guaranteed πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Branco6(m): 10:30am On Mar 29
This topic is hilarious
What is even more hilarious is that okwute according to that sham of an election came 3rd yet he is always mentioned by APCheat minions,e-rats and party menπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
At a point they were asking him to advise the numero uno/join them
I wonder what happened to "na statistics we go chop"
Anyhoo people who were given 5k last year are now stealing food from trucks yet clowns on this thread are still shouting "okwute can never be president,we will teach him lesson"
You just can't make this upπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Ferdinandu(m): 10:32am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents
Whatever your opinion is, all I know is that it is only a coward that gives up easily, if he can, he should still try again. As a Nigerian I will never stop clamouring and fighting for a change in Leadership of this country as we have it till my last breath and everyone Nigeria should adopt that mentality, if we can't split the country up as it is for now we should all keep on fighting the Demons holding this country down and you should adopt that mentality for them to know that we can't abandon this country to them. As we age we will raise more warriors who will be a torn in their flesh. Don't give up on our dreams to vultures
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Backpedal: 10:37am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:

Dummy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out / I'm First To Live Up To 70 Years In My Family- Atiku / Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.