Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway (25583 Views)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Amaechi Inspects Lagos-ibadan Railway(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by RhinoChest: 6:01pm On Mar 28
Penguin2:
One thing that is certain is that head or tail, Lagos is going to benefit massively from Tinubu’s government before he’s booted out in 2027.

This road in particular is very strategic and a good project.

When completed, it will massively reduce traffic on Lekki-Epe Expressway which will save travel time on the axis to a great length.

I can’t wait to drive through Ahmadu Bello Way to Orchid Road to Okun Ajah to Shoprite Road in Sangotedo and more.

Anybody who stays on the Island will be very happy about this project.

I just hate it that Umahi is working so hard to lower my hatred for Tinubu and his government with his many stellar performances🤦

Can I ask why you hate the president?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by hotseat: 6:03pm On Mar 28
Criticisms are not necessarily meant to highlight only negativity but positivity as well.

Umahi, at present, is like a deodorant to the Tinubu administration, as it were.

He brings sweet fragrances like this much-longed-for Lagos-Calabar Highway and similar projects across the country.

Most of the "blue economy" Ministers are gradually standing up to be counted in the scheme of things and it's commendable!

Once the twin monsters of insecurity and the economy are equally confronted head-on and brought to
a much more manageable limit, Tinubu might go down in Nigerian history as an achiever per excellence!

Umahi: we salute you!

@hotseat

4 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by ibechris(m): 6:08pm On Mar 28
yoruboid:

Obi can never be a tenth of the man Tinubu is in intellect and performance

He can’t even lead a Lagos LGA, how much more Nigeria

The way and manner u people hype one man shows that many of u are lacking responsible men in ur families that is why u hail criminals over responsible men.

Can u compare Obi with Tinubu how,where and in what way?
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:26pm On Mar 28
Penguin2:

No Obidient said anything against Hitech, Mr Man.

Or you can bring proof.

The day I read that it was Hitech that built the Oshodi-Badagry Expressway, I had no doubt that they would deliver.

If anyone or group of people expressed any misgivings about the company and the contract, that doesn’t mean they are automatically Obidients.

We should be more sensible than we are petty👌.
Obidients doubt HITECH capability to build it. They even claimed the project won't be completed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Topshow2010(m): 6:30pm On Mar 28
God bless PBAT ,I knew my vote won't be wasted with dt divine confirmation thru rainfall on d day of election and also on ur inauguration.What dt yeye Obj and weakling GEJ couldn't do to the South but were busy pleasing those Northern feudal lords ;the Lord would use you to bring infrastructural development to the Southern parts. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by tonicyril: 6:31pm On Mar 28
ryloy:

Totally Brand New....this is along the coastal line
I hope the ijaws no go dey kidnap people for the road with reckless abandon

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by JimohMomoh: 6:58pm On Mar 28
I like the way they are using concrete for the road, it will make the road withstand heavy rainfall and abuse by commuters.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by LordIsaac(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28
EmperorCaesar:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

The future looks great and I can only wish to be in 2026 already, everything looks super promising that u just cant wait to see the New Nigeria under PBAT

Obidients, since we hate good news, lets come together to call it propaganda while wailing profusely and gnashing our teeth with passion grin grin grin grin
Hahahahhaha
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by senatordave1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 28
Penguin2:
One thing that is certain is that head or tail, Lagos is going to benefit massively from Tinubu’s government before he’s booted out in 2027.

When completed, it will massively reduce traffic on Lekki-Epe Expressway which will save travel time on the axis to a great length.

I can’t wait to drive through Ahmadu Bello Way to Orchid Road to Okun Ajah to Shoprite Road in Sangotedo and more.

I just hate it that Umahi is working so hard to lower my hatred for Tinubu and his government with his many stellar performances🤦

Is it obi or who will win him in 2027

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Buharidgeneral: 7:26pm On Mar 28
YoungLionken:
I wonder why they're all smiling when they're supposed to be serious and focus..

FTR: Gbenga Daniel performed below par when he was governor of Ogun state...
Na his nature no be say he dey smile Dem talk say too much of snuff cause am
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Chetas81(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28
Forty years project
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Iykenuwa(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28
ryloy:
God Bless President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Talk and do President with speed of light and using one stone to kill nine birds by connecting Lagos to Ogun to Ondo to Edo to Delta to Balyesa to Rivers to Akwa-Ibom to Cross Rivers,..

Those places weren't connected before?
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by MasterTeeUSA: 7:57pm On Mar 28
Our Engineering Firms need to work on making precast pavements and precast concrete slabs...they can finish a 1yr project in 3 months...at least have 25% precast cement slabs ready to go. They can also do it on site, while pouring concrete on some sections. With pure concrete or high cement concrete, there would be less chance of failure. Now we have it for parapet...you can complete the job in 1 day...they also have it now for decking...reduces the time needed to dry and solidify so you can continue building within days.

ryloy:

Gbenga Daniel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by petechs(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28
Am waiting for Tinubu or another sensible president to link the coastal road from Nigeria to South Africa.. I will enjoy driving down multiple countries by road... I see that coming in nearest future..

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Energist: 8:15pm On Mar 28
Iykopee:
I want to ask a question. Is this road a brand new road with different direction from Lagos to Cross River, or they want to create a sort of fanfare and later use the same East West road linking Cross River, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo States respectively?

This is a good question. And I'm yet to get a credible answer to it because the roadmap is yet to be released. However, I'm suspecting that it's only the Lagos part and perhaps a stretch of Ogun state that will be a new route. I think it doesn't make much sense to work out a route through the south south states. The funds should be channeled to make the current Lagos-East-West Road wider and perfectly motorable. The rest should be used to at least kickstart the coastal railway.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Ezmans: 8:30pm On Mar 28
ryloy:

Talk and do President with speed of light and using one stone to kill nine birds by connecting Lagos to Ogun to Ondo to Edo to Delta to Balyesa to Rivers to Akwa-Ibom to Cross Rivers,..
a project that il not see light of the day
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Mrexcell(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28
ryloy:
President Bola Tinubu

Engineer David Umahi

Concrete Detailing on the Lagos Calabar Coastal Road Project. #RenewedHope

It seems they are doing resurfacing not constructing a new road?
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:14pm On Mar 28
Lagos dirty oooooo.... Lawma and the rest bodies incharge of refuse dump...

Wetin dey sup.... Lagos dirty ooooo....

One month and its counting.... do you job oooo..

Dirty Dirty Dirty oooooo... Epidemic loading oooo

Point and kee Governor.... your state is dirty... very dirty state... and the rainy season is close...

Dirty State.... taking over from Rivers and Abia state....

Dirty state!!!
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by jamafa: 9:26pm On Mar 28
ibechris:

The way and manner u people hype one man shows that many of u are lacking responsible men in ur families that is why u hail criminals over responsible men.

Can u compare Obi with Tinubu how,where and in what way?

Are u telling me Obi is better than Tinubu??

If that's what is in your mind, you are sentimental.

Obi no even reach Fashola or El-Rufai in everything, talkless of Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by PHAYOL81: 9:37pm On Mar 28
With the pace at which the work is going and with the,quality of one already done by the same firm connecting Gbagada, I am happy and confident it will be delivered in good time

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by naija4life247: 9:37pm On Mar 28
yoruboid:
Where is Obi eating tonight?

He is breaking Fast with Almajaris is Zamfara. It's looking like a curse

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by GoalMoney: 9:39pm On Mar 28
Sleeky2020:
First time i have seen a FG project and seen with my beer eyes. Currently am doing a project at EcoAtlantic with Deme and i have seen how the use sand and hard rocks to stop the inflow of water. All the way from Portharcourt and i have seen the pace of the project, it is quite commendable to Pres Tinubu and the minister of works. It will reduce the travel distance from Lagos to PH and those who don loss for lagos can now find their way home when this project is completed.
🤣🤣🤣 oh Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Bluntemperor: 10:01pm On Mar 28
Topshow2010:
God bless PBAT ,I knew my vote won't be wasted with dt divine confirmation thru rainfall on d day of election and also on ur inauguration.What dt yeye Obj and weakling GEJ couldn't do to the South but were busy pleasing those Northern feudal lords ;the Lord would use you to bring infrastructural development to the Southern parts. .

Amen,bro.
But Southerners are greedy with Money, otherwise,this type of a Project running over- 8- States, should be the joy of everyone in the South,but watch the haters, they don't even know what to do - to adjust or love or continue to hate Tinubu!
Radarada

3 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Tareq1105: 10:11pm On Mar 28
ryloy:
President Bola Tinubu

Engineer David Umahi

Concrete Detailing on the Lagos Calabar Coastal Road Project. #RenewedHope

All I know is that Tinubu would do better than Baba Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by BJanta: 10:57pm On Mar 28
Penguin2:

May your hatred for Tinubu never abate until you're consumed by it .

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Atlantis585: 11:30pm On Mar 28
YoungLionken:
I wonder why they're all smiling when they're supposed to be serious and focus..

FTR: Gbenga Daniel performed below par when he was governor of Ogun state...

They are all smiling because no one is talking about their 1 trillion Naira budget padding loot.

Set of criminals.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Atlantis585: 11:55pm On Mar 28
We had an incompetent dunce in Aso Rock for 8 years who believed that the only major infrastructure projects deserving attention are the ones leading from the North to Niger Republic.

I hope Tinubu will end the useless projects and put the crook on trial.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Niok: 1:28am On Mar 29
Paraman:
Obidients were wailing few weeks ago because HITECH is in charge of constructing the road. They claimed HITECH won't be able to deliver like Berger.

I'm sure they will construct a solid road like the Oshodi Apapa expressway.
keep on making stories up big foool
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Konquest: 3:28am On Mar 29
ryloy:

That's awesome.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Konquest: 3:37am On Mar 29
tonicyril:
I hope the ijaws no go dey kidnap people for the road with reckless abandon
I was thinking about the same thing too. The Bayelsa axis of the road could prove to be problematic in terms of insecurity.

It's hoped that there'll be devolution of powers to the states so that the restless kidnappers in the creeks would be better engaged at state levels before the Lagos to Calabar Coastal highway (with the rail lines embedded) is ready.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winners Pastor's Car Hits 10-Year-Old Boy Celebrating Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti / Air Peace Tyre Deflates On Take-Off At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Dead Traffic-Lights & Blocked Drainage In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.