Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle (37686 Views)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Disasters Are Waiting To Occur On Railway Tracks In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Konquest: 2:20pm On Mar 29
azpekuliar:

Is this the same coastal road that will pass through Lekki - Epe ?
@azpekuliar,

Yes it is.

Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, and Cross River States. Covering eight states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by talk2hb1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29
QueenDima47:

I am more interested in his younger brother Sam. Where is he?
Maybe when the road is ready we will go check on him
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by DrChukki: 2:29pm On Mar 29
aguluobi:
Just imagine Alex Otti was the person undertaking this initiative.

Let those praising Otti praise Tinubu that is obviously doing beta than him

Wahala go full everywhere.

Did you not vote for him?
Why not praise him yourself?

You want me to praise an unconstitutional president because he's building road... As if it's a free donation
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Babysho(m): 2:35pm On Mar 29
flokii:

I didn't write nonsense sire, we know the situation of things, reason we are calling for restructuring so regions can utilize their resources for developmental projects in the regions and share experience together.
At least let's appreciate the efforts of the presnt administration, thank you.

I hear you but you’re misinformed. The Nigerian dilemma is NOT regional/tribal like the narrative and propaganda the business/political elites push and allow hungry people fall into. The issue has always been a CLASS WAR; The business/political elites vs the working class/poor people of Nigeria. And it’s the same North, South East and West.

What have our leaders in the south west ever done to make sure that even if we return to regions, we can feed ourselves comfortably, that we can move throughout all south western states swiftly and comfortably, what have they done to make sure the south west has the most affordable housing and healthcare?

Even Lagos you mention up and down, all the flashiness of Lagos are inaccessible by me and you. Can you call ambulance to come and pick you if you have heart attack? Are you safe in Lagos at 4:30 in the morning? Lagos that we spend hours in traffic and queues? Or is it because helicopter fly over your house? Or because of high rise buildings you can’t enter?

You must begin to think logically and ask the important questions. The gap between the elites all over Nigeria and the masses is way too large.

Join MOPcentre on social media to put power back in the hand of the masses!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by kettykin: 2:56pm On Mar 29
Lifestone:

Bro are you evil?
am not , do your due diligence
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by aylagos(m): 3:00pm On Mar 29
kettykin:
This is another Ajaokuta project, bookmark this comment.
enemy of the country you will cry soon
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by kettykin: 3:00pm On Mar 29
Atlantis585:

I don’t agree with you on that.

Money for the project has been approved. Tinubu’s Eko Atlantic, Ikoyi, Lekki and Ibeju Lekki are all part of this project. So are David Umahi’s interests.

They will both make sure come rain or shine, this project will continue to move forward.

I wish we could have a debate on this. This is a Dreamland project,what would have been more appropriate is using the coastal water way to carry traffic. The project is a triplication cation of effort of the Lagos Benin expressway and the coastal water ways . This project sounds good but is a triplication of effort
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by kettykin: 3:00pm On Mar 29
aylagos:
enemy of the country you will cry soon

Dead demonic fool, you will go extinct soon
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Konquest: 3:02pm On Mar 29
Atlantis585:

Yes.

Especially through Epe, Abijo, Lekki, Sangotedo, Ibeju Lekki through Ogun then to other Coastal States in the South.

Buhari’s Railway from Kano to Maradi in Niger Republic will be cancelled soon for lack of economic value.

The money will be used to complete the Coastal project.
Your first paragraph is succinctly stated.

On the other hand, the Kano to Maradi railway line will NOT be cancelled because it has huge economic value.

The Lagos-Kano-Jibia (LAKAJI) trade route is the busiest trade route in Nigeria running into billions of Naira. Jibia in Katsina State links directly to Maradi in Niger Republic which of course is part of the larger ECOWAS. The trade volume along that route is the highest in Nigeria and will further boost economic linkages with Niger Republic.

I have attended U.S.-African Growth and Opportunities Act (AGOA) programs and this fact about the LAKAJI route is clearly stated in brochures and other country-specific information. Well known chambers of commerce also mention this key fact.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Atlantis585: 3:11pm On Mar 29
Konquest:

The Kano to Maradi railway line will NOT be cancelled because it has economic value.

The Lagos-Kano-Jibia (LAKAJI) trade route in the busiest route in Nigeria. Jibia in Katsina links to Maradi in Niger Republic which of course is part of the larger ECOWAS. The trade volume along that route is the highest in Nigeria.

I have attended AGOA programs and this fact about the LAKAJI route is clearly stated. Well known chambers of commerce also mention this key fact.

Thanks for the information.

But what research have you done to determine which of the routes have more economic values - the Northern trade route or the Southern route that connects Lagos and other oil and natural gas rich states in the South West, South South and South East with mega cities such as Port Harcourt, Aba, Onitsha, Ibadan and Benin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Konquest: 3:11pm On Mar 29
Bluntemperor:

Gbenga Daniel is a Senator and like other Senators, performing their Oversight Functions and I hope they continue to do that on this 700 Km Coastal Roads Construction.
They should also ensure that the •Railway have access to Lights,at this New Age of 21St Century because even in China, they already have Track less - Railway and Train!

Nigerians can't wait to see the Completion of this Great Project!

Kudos to Hon Umahi.
Kudos to President Tinubu,for getting this right!
Very well said.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Charly68: 3:15pm On Mar 29
Kudos to the leadership vision and the zealous minister of works who is ready to give us a remarkable road on that corridor. We shall be praying for the success of the project and surely God will answer our prayers
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Ensquare(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29
Edet is my Grandpa and He is with the Lord
naija4life247:

He is now doing houseboy in Europe
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by tygress76: 3:20pm On Mar 29
Story story story!!! pls share the plan. As far as am concerned it's all political gimmick for second term ambition. Where in lagos is the road starting, through which states all the way to calabar. Again Please kindly share the route plan.

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Konquest: 3:22pm On Mar 29
Atlantis585:

Thanks for the information.

But what research have you done to determine which of the routes have more economic values - the Northern trade route or the Southern route that connects Lagos and other oil and natural gas rich states in the South West, South South and South East with mega cities such as Port Harcourt, Aba, Onitsha, Ibadan and Benin?
Just as I clearly stated, the LAKAJI corridor or transport route which cuts through 11 states has massive economic value linking the South (West) to the North and vice versa. The economic activities from Lagos to Ogun to Ibadan in Oyo, Osun, to the Middle Belt in Kwara, Niger, Kaduna, then Kano to Jibiya in Katsina State is huge!

The Lagos-Calabar route or highway with embedded rail lines is also fantastic because it completes the triangle of routes (North to West, North to East, and now West to East).

Raw materials from the petrochemical industries and other finished or semi-finished goods can easily be brought from the Niger Delta states/South of South states to the Western states of Nigeria and vice versa.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by kelmicheal: 3:28pm On Mar 29
The distance no be here o how many kilometers can dey do in 3 months
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by MasterTeeUSA: 3:31pm On Mar 29
Renewed Hope is HERE...Train ride from Lagos to Calabar...I cannot wait. Nigeria to the world...OPEN up the COUNTRY.

blamingthedevil:

Wale Adedayo

Ainà Dipo
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Naz34(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29
kettykin:
This is another Ajaokuta project, bookmark this comment.
enemy of Nigeria
You shall fail woefully. That wish will only manifest in your life/household
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Paramount01(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29
dealslip:

Have you been to the steel rod factories in Ikorodu? Government need not import any rod. We have locally made steels in Nigeria

We have one also in ikirun in Osun states, I don't knwo if it is still working
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Naz34(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29
tonicyril:

Are u woken already??

Were iron rods imported?? Chai....

Were iron rods imported?? Iron rods that are bn produced in excess in Nigeria here...

Make una dey research before una talk naaaa haba.... just because una wan talk una no go search well
seriously, i was shocked when i came across his comment. Many people here on NL are still in primary school or are either lazy to research on things before coming out to comment
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by tonicyril: 3:39pm On Mar 29
Naz34:
seriously, i was shocked when i came across his comment. Many people here on NL are still in primary school or are either lazy to research on things before coming out to comment

Not their fault, it's those that left the red mud village to go and be doing boyboy in surulere lagos, from oga shops to house, so no exposure nothing nothing..

But they will sha speak rubbish just to feel among
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by damoobaba: 3:52pm On Mar 29
kenny714433:
I hope they don't abandon it immediately it crosses Lagos, Osun, Ogun. I don't trust these Yorubas again in anything.

If they can complete it, it would be masterpiece.

You dont need to trust Yorubas, yorubas are where we are without your trust. Tinubu is President, the Yoruba movie industry is the biggest in Africa, Lagos and many Yoruba states have good economies, many Yorubas are doing well in their fields of endeavour. Yorubas dont run to other states but rather other states citizens come to Yorubaland to make a living. Keep your WORTHLESS TRUST to Yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by aguluobi: 3:56pm On Mar 29
SEBI that one the fraudulent Alex Ktri is constructing is free donation bra

DrChukki:

Did you not vote for him?
Why not praise him yourself?

You want me to praise an unconstitutional president because he's building road... As if it's a free donation
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by aguluobi: 3:58pm On Mar 29
Benefit like your fathers n mothers being flogged when you go to vote at the polling station..

winterfell007:

Your stupidity is a marvel. What Lagos are you claiming? The Lagos that more than 80% of the population is not native to Lagos. Even Igbos enjoy more benefits in this lagos than you that is claiming it for yourself
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by aguluobi: 4:11pm On Mar 29
Otti landmark of looting 2 billion to buy pick up or the one he budgeted to feed his midget pathetic soul. Mention one land achievement of Otii let the world see what you claim to be landmark.

QueenDima47:

Honestly, it marvels me why you are pained because of Otti's landmarks. Is it that you are cursed to the extent that your enemy of progress level has possessed you to the point of death 💀? Manage your life.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Mrfeel: 4:11pm On Mar 29
aguluobi:
Just imagine Alex Otti was the person undertaking this initiative.

Let those praising Otti praise Tinubu that is obviously doing beta than him

Wahala go full everywhere.
People who are praising governor Alex otti are those who voted him to do exactly what he is doing as governor, so those who voted tinubu should be praising him for doing exactly what they voted him to do
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Boldideas: 4:15pm On Mar 29
May God keep me alive to see this project happen... Wonderful!
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by aguluobi: 4:16pm On Mar 29
You mean the pain bitterness n frustration envy out of the depth of your Igbo tribesmen over developmental stride of awesome n superior Lagos state ba ?!

Justiceleague1:

Out of the depths of the heart na mouth take dey talk..souch pain and bitterness and frustrations and envy..I side one human being chai!!!!
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by aguluobi: 4:20pm On Mar 29
Bro help me ask your igbo tribesmen that celebrated Berger signage post, that is how low Nigeria as descended in celebrating mediocrity out of bigotry n tribalism.

lexy2014:

what is the done better?
must those praising Otti praise Tinubu?

how many kilometres of this road has been completed that you are already praise singing?
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by kettykin: 4:20pm On Mar 29
Naz34:
enemy of Nigeria
You shall fail woefully. That wish will only manifest in your life/household

You are condemned, may you and you uselessly hopeless family perish in Jesus name. Demon. Unless unrepentant satanic agent.
You don't want the ports of niger delta to work , you want to build a useless sink hole to niger delta, foolishness will kill you in Jesus name .beasts of no nation
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle by Boldideas: 4:23pm On Mar 29
tefishy:
More people will anticipate to use the railway line against the road. I guess it may be slightly expensive to road transport but more conducive and saves time.

Bros na lie... If you have a whip, you must drive it on this road!!! Cant wait. Am excited!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Different Types Of Okada Men In Nigeria. - (meme Collection) / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / Anambra Airport: November & December Flights Sold Out Within 5hrs: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.