Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders (10291 Views)

2023 Presidency: Don’t Denigrate Yourself By Joining APC, Sagay Warns Jonathan / Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Vadese1: 8:00am On Mar 29
Don't pass your fault to religions leaders. You have already scattered Nigerian. Never in Nigeria tribalism has gone to this height. The old drug lord have no morals ground to blame any one
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by jaxxy(m): 8:02am On Mar 29
helinues:
They should stop being reckless with their statements .

Including those holding the key to gate of hell

They are there to speak the truth so let the country do the right thing or face the necessary talk.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by ivandragon: 8:04am On Mar 29
'He' must first repent of his own sins.

The vile and divisive nature of politics we are experiencing today arose from direct actions of the political opposition between 2012-2014 and who are now in power today.

The use of ethnic and religious differences to cause enmity then is what is still ordering our socio-political relations today especially amongst southerners.

And rather than repent and make genuine and sincere efforts to repair this corrosive division, they keep fanning its embers when it suits their political wimps.

Until there is atonement for sins and sincere repudiation of their own evil ways, they will continue to reap the vile seeds of discord that they sowed.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by profmallor: 8:04am On Mar 29
If God spares his life, he will make great strides for Nigeria. While it is obvious he was ill prepared for the job, he seems to learn very quickly by listening. Very soon Peter Obi would stop advising him because he genuinely takes the feedback and acts.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Eriokanmi: 8:07am On Mar 29
BigkokoRep:
Mr. hell, don't you think this recklessness includes those subtly accusing his ministers and close associates of bribe taking to the Qataris? Don't you think so, old man!

I do tell some of these young people who look up to me for directions in life, "of you don't work hard and have hand work, you will most likely end up like Mr. Hellinus or Reno Omokri"

Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by chidi2003(m): 8:08am On Mar 29
IfnobeGod20:
I don't think any reasonable person want to denigrate Nigeria. It's the Nigeria situations that made many to speak out and tell the real situations as they are, which you yourself did when you were in opposition.
You're a wise guy!

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Eriokanmi: 8:10am On Mar 29
BigkokoRep:
Failure to address my comment shows you as a double standard person, which majority of people see as!

Abi na only Asiwaju Sabi make reckless statements? Na so una former messiah go UK go accuse Nigeria youths of laziness whereas na the clown 🤡 no fit multiply he cows despite receiving millions from the State coffers as former Head of State....

Instead of saying his jobless son who went biking and hit his head on the rock is lazy, he said Nigerian youths are lazy whereas, we make the money he's using to fly jets upandan, including the one his son used in buying that bike that almost took his life. Any doubting Thomas should check how much smies pay in tax to these ingrates.

He got to power looking frail like someone who would not last 2 years in the villa but left with fat cheeks and same youths proceeds. The look of his wife before and after aso villa is a clear proof. I blame all those voting all these mungo parks into office

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by SeeWahala: 8:24am On Mar 29
Tareq1105:

Don't mind them.

The key to either hell or paradise remains with God and I don't think He delegated any mortal beings to hold it in trust for Him.

Very unfortunate that our religious leaders especially christians are overrated by themselves and their gullible followers.

See this one undecided is your own religion any better? You want to use style to denigrate Christianity on this kind of thread. Such irony 🙄

In YOUR OWN RELIGION isn't the KEY to PARADISE a known? undecided I mean, if i can BLOW UP SOMEONE and scream Allahu Akba I'm definitely getting 72 virgins in paradise ain't i?

Afterall what is between the bomb and my Virgins is the GATE OF PARADISE cool

I love your religion. The key 🔑 is too open for any adherents to acquire wink
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Brash7: 8:28am On Mar 29
helinues:

Point out to the exact issue you have with his excellency statement.

See, you guys can't just be coming online to be hating on the president and Nigeria unnecessarily.

Na witch dey behave that way. You guys should stop being one

Every reasonable human being is supposed to hate that demon in human form. A criminal drug pusher who has destroyed lives and still destroying with his greed deserves much more than hate.

A man who only cares about himself and is ready to destroy other in order to have is way is an evil man that should be hated.

It's only criminals like himself who see nothing wrong with his corrupt and evil ways that love him.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by helinues: 8:30am On Mar 29
Brash7:

Every reasonable human being is supposed to hate that demon in human form. A criminal drug pusher who has destroyed lives and still destroying with his greed deserves much more than hate.

A man who only cares about himself and is ready to destroy other in order to have is way is an evil man that should be hated.

It's only criminals like himself who see nothing wrong with his corrupt and evil ways that love him.

God's PA, how far?

grin
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Jewskillmohamed: 8:32am On Mar 29
helinues:

God's PA, how far?

grin

No work in Yoruba land guy?
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by MySolace: 8:33am On Mar 29
helinues:

Point out to the exact issue you have with his excellency statement.

See, you guys can't just be coming online to be hating on the president and Nigeria unnecessarily.

Na witch dey behave that way. You guys should stop being one
...sorry i had to come in wen u made mention of pointing out mr. presidents ill state.
"if ur leader bad, wait for d next election and have him removed"

...plz, do u entirely agree wit dis very repulsively irritating statement? should da be d only way around it?

...speak wit integrity mr...
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by osuulola(m): 8:36am On Mar 29
Nigeria, Yoruba's child with a slippery bottom!
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by ransomed: 8:46am On Mar 29
Your excellency sir, your policies are denigrating Nigerians. Stop or reverse them before it is too late.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by hotseat: 9:18am On Mar 29
The bottomline of Mr President's admonition is that one must not throw both the bathwater and the baby away, no matter the circumstances.

One may not be in tandem with an administration due to several factors but, hating on or denigrating ones own country because of its leadership style is tantamount to cutting off ones nose in order to spite ones face.

Hate on Tinubu, if you wish but, never your country!

@hotseat
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by bhella10: 9:19am On Mar 29
Kizzygentle:
Thunder fire you .ozuor.. why if I may ask? You increase fuel to about 600 naira in the name of subsidy whereas no subsidy was removed. Basic commodities and food stuffs that should commonly be easily affordable for a normal life of an average or even below average citizen increased beyond affordability, national grid collapses almost every month,even the weather has become unbearably hot due to such, when u come out to talk or give speech, u always talk about corruption that we know should be the last thing in any govt agenda knowing u and your cohorts are the corruption, a lot has gone wrong in this country since u entered office , we complained about buhari bitterly thinking u would help ease that pain but instead u trippled the suffering to the extent buhari was a child's play. And u expect the religious leader to be quiet about it . Of course its affecting them too because their members can't even afford to give offerings and tithes again. They can't continue their building projects because cement that used to be 3k when we were complaining is now 8k and even at reduced rate .. And u open that shepe mouth to yarn okpat. May thunder finish u and that your wife that condemned immigrating for a better life..
by their fruits you shall know them. You're from a failed home.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by SmartyPants(m): 9:21am On Mar 29
IfnobeGod20:

Do you think everybody will be hailers of Tinubu. No reasonable person will want to denigrate his country but the prevailing situations made many to speak out and tell the story the way they are. That things are bad, you don't expect people to say they are good when in a real sense they have endure too long. Even Tinubu himself have one time denigrate the nation and her leaders ferociously. So it is not a new thing.

Is that really the truth? There is a difference between denigrating a leader and denigrating a nation. There is an even greater difference between denigration and fair criticism.

Unfortunately, from Buhari's arrival, it has been a barrage of denigration added to the fair criticism. But this has doubled since Tinubu entered as a portion of the country is still offended that their candidate didn't win. These ones, instead of processing their grief logically, have resorted to wishing Nigeria ill on every occasion. Not only do they denigrate the man in the seat, they also denigrate the nation.

To the point that some people's greatest desire has been to see the dollar to naira rate grow out of control so that they can gloat and feel a sense of retribution against Nigerians who did not support their candidate. Now that is the truth, isn't it?
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by benitwater(m): 9:38am On Mar 29
Asiwaju is the best President Nigeria has ever had so far.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by hslbroker2(m): 9:39am On Mar 29
benitwater:
Asiwaju is the best President Nigeria has ever had so far.
helinues:
They should stop being reckless with their statements .

Including those holding the key to gate of hell
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Akaujaa(m): 10:17am On Mar 29
I hate religion. It's the reason Nigeria is so bad.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by drlateef: 10:37am On Mar 29
Racoon:
Hear this drug baron, certificate forger, and mandate thief.

Wailers never tire!!! Continue wailing, but don’t cry😂😂😂
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Ofunaofu: 11:07am On Mar 29
sleek214:
Especially those obidient pastors

And those Yoruba Imams
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by BigkokoRep: 1:43pm On Mar 29
Can you imagine? His overfed, privileged son can't even ride a sophisticated bike well, and he's talking of laziness! Give them small power, they start seeing themselves as Smart, whereas in a sane society such people depends on food stamps for day to day living!

Eriokanmi:
Instead of saying his jobless son who went biking and hit his head on the rock is lazy, he said Nigerian youths are lazy whereas, we make the money he's using to fly jets upandan, including the one his son used in buying that bike that almost took his life. Any doubting Thomas should check how much smies pay in tax to these ingrates.

He got to power looking frail like someone who would not last 2 years in the villa but left with fat cheeks and same youths proceeds. The look of his wife before and after aso villa is a clear proof. I blame all those voting all these mungo parks into office
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by IfnobeGod20: 4:33pm On Mar 29
Tareq1105:

Don't mind them.

The key to either hell or paradise remains with God and I don't think He delegated any mortal beings to hold it in trust for Him.

Very unfortunate that our religious leaders especially christians are overrated by themselves and their gullible followers.
But he delegated it to those fighting for their own God, that at the slightest misunderstanding, some Islamic faithfuls slit throats, maim and kill people in the guise of fighting for their God. Won't it be sensible you reframe this your statement and take full time and denigrate christians as you wished to have done, because your religion faithfuls claimed they can fight for their own God, meaning he has delegated the authority to them to act on his behalf.

Curiously speaking, as at the last count I have not seen any christian faithful claiming to be fighting for God or Jesus Christ. I have not seen because it is needless and immoral to have done that christainwise, as they believe the God they serve can fight for himself and doesn't require mortal man to fight for him in any disguise.
Now, with the above which of the religion followers are gullible, insensitive and inhuman as you stated?
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by IfnobeGod20: 5:01pm On Mar 29
SmartyPants:

Is that really the truth? There is a difference between denigrating a leader and denigrating a nation. There is an even greater difference between denigration and fair criticism.

Unfortunately, from Buhari's arrival, it has been a barrage of denigration added to the fair criticism. But this has doubled since Tinubu entered as a portion of the country is still offended that their candidate didn't win. These ones, instead of processing their grief logically, have resorted to wishing Nigeria ill on every occasion. Not only do they denigrate the man in the seat, they also denigrate the nation.

To the point that some people's greatest desire has been to see the dollar to naira rate grow out of control so that they can gloat and feel a sense of retribution against Nigerians who did not support their candidate. Now that is the truth, isn't it?
My brother this your last paragraph makes no sense at all. Please who control the economy, Is it the government or opposition that takes pleasure not to see good thing coming out of the government. My brother, all powers have been repost in the president by the constitution, I don't think it is tenable for anyone to come out to say , it is the joy of some people that president or his lieutenants should not perform and to daily see appreciation of the naira against dollars. It makes no sense to any reasonable human that know about governance and not trying to play politics as usual. That act should ordinarily spun the government to disappoint them by doing whatever it is required to make things work.

Again, please is there any government all over the world without opposition voices. In the anal of our politics, there had never be any president that have suffered in the hand of opposition like Jonathan. He was molested even to his immediate and extended family. You know how many times his extended family were harassed and molested publicly? Even Tinubu is the chiefest of those that take pleasure to malign and abuse Jonathan's government. Everything is still fresh in memory and on the net for brain refresh. Jonathan and his wife were called so many unprintable names but the man never blinks but he sees it as part of politics. Today the engineers of the same act are afraid the same measure they dished out to others dishing out to them. If to APC, they don't even want any opposing voices at all. They've tried in many instances to gag people's voices but voice of reasoning override their gimmicks. You know how many times they try regulating the media space in the past? They have started singing same song lately through Gbajabiamila but I know it won't work. APC can be liken to a man that often kill with the sword but doesn't want to even see a knife Infront of him.

My brother, APC in the past had denigrated both the president and the nation simultaneously unrelenting. It never a new thing.

My ten Kobo advise, the president and his handlers should seat up and stop listening to distractions because there is nothing he can do about it as far as we still operate this our constitution, which they themselves have enjoyed in the past.

Surprisedly, the same Mr. President was in Qatar and he made mess all his lieutenants by telling the Qataris to report to him any of his lieutenant that come asking for bribe. You know what that mean in a simple sentence, my lieutenants are bribe takers. That is the height of uncontrollable speech by Mr. President. Instead of him to say, in Nigeria we are law abiding people, our people doesn't like kickbacks because they know the repercussion. Indirectly he has warned his lieutenants by that sentence, instead of watering down the people of the nation as bribe takers.
Let Mr. President wake up to his responsibilities and stop listening to news. E ni ti won wo, kin wo ran.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by commoditiesnig: 6:58pm On Mar 29
enemyofprogress:
na him jazz dey work
Lol.. You guys are so funny 😂

PBAT spoke very well. Let's all be patriotic!
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by PropertyBuying(f): 7:47pm On Mar 29
grin
helinues:

All this una shalaye is unnecessary except if you have issue with my initial comments
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Fujiyama: 7:51pm On Mar 29
Fareke:
"I have earned the honour of having my birthday fall on Good Friday, and I pray that on this Maundy Thursday, you all shall return to your homes safely.

^^^

How do you 'earn the honour' undecided of a birthday coinciding with Good Friday or any other memorable day? How?

A man's birthday randomly falls on a day commemorating a historical, religious, political etc. event - and the man says it is an honour he has 'earned'? undecided
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by bukarolz: 12:51am On Mar 30
SwissMass:
eze-chukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Br@in damage early signs.
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by BigIyanga: 4:45am On Mar 30
But his friend and boss.. GMB denigrated naija on multiple occasions… Naija youth are lazy.. 5% vs 91% and he voted him 2x… peeps binge on hypocrisy
Re: Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders by Martartins(m): 7:32am On Mar 30
Was he not the one that said we should snatch, grab and steal the mandate if necessary?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Factory Discovered In Rigasa, Kaduna / Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / Insecurity: Obasanjo, Gumi, Apportion Blames, Proffer Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.