Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? (10055 Views)

What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? / Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video) / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by 198800Mam(m): 10:22am On Mar 29
In this passage from John 18:6, the soldiers who came to arrest Jesus fell to the ground when he declared, "I am he." This incident is often interpreted as a demonstration of Jesus's divine power, causing the soldiers to be overwhelmed or awestruck by his presence. Some scholars also suggest that this might have been a symbolic act signifying Jesus's willingness to surrender himself voluntarily.

3 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by adioolayi(m): 10:23am On Mar 29
Panic attack
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by donnie(m): 10:23am On Mar 29
Ancient African power knocked down the enemies.
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by alobright17(m): 10:24am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:
What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus?

John 18:6 (KJV)

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

It was a strange occurrence considering that they were fully armed with weapons, and it was armless Jesus they had come to arrest, so what could have made them suddenly reverse and fall to the ground?

Was it Christophobia or a panic attack they had because of Jesus?
Israel is planning to ban this fraud called Jesus . This story never happened stop lying to yourself.
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by GreatAchiever1: 10:25am On Mar 29
ToteJesus:
Being slain in the spirit. That's the HOLY spirit at work.

It occurs frequently in Christian gatherings.

No it does not. What happens in Charismatic Churches isn't anything close to slain in the spirit. It's something else that I would say is foreign to Scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Pedro334(m): 10:26am On Mar 29
he used abitoshaker on them , hahaha.
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by GreatAchiever1: 10:30am On Mar 29
MuslimIgbo:
YẸYẸ

Was he ready for death? NO

Was he afraid of death? YES

father father, WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME ..

If Deuteronomy 24:16 says that no man can die for other man’s sins, how come Jesus died for my sins?

Why will Almighty and all forgiving God need the blood and sacrifice of an innocent man for his own atonement and appeasement?

In one short simple sentence, To reconcile man with God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by judedwriter(m): 10:31am On Mar 29
ToteJesus:
Being slain in the spirit. That's the HOLY spirit at work.

It occurs frequently in Christian gatherings.

Yes, but the Holy Spirit isn't a force that pushes people down like electricity, he's a real person and the power behind the Word of God.

When Jesus said, "I am he." The Holy Spirit manifested.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by HisaacPlus: 10:35am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

It was a strange occurrence considering that they were fully armed with weapons, and it was armless Jesus they had come to arrest, so what could have made them suddenly reverse and fall to the ground?

There is no confusion as to what fell them. The Lord Jesus of Nazareth revealed His whole being to them I Am he, which is translated Ego Eimi! Exodus 3:14
Nothing in heavens or the earth can stand that Name, He made us realise. BUT just because He prepared to die, He withdrew that Awesomeness and they recovered to continue their operations
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Plus1234: 10:40am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:
Na only John see this fall report am out of four people o!

I don't trust this Bible at all!
Oponu, pedophile follower ,blood thirsty demonic man follower . You no go ever get sense .99.99% of Muslims in south west are fetish and ritualists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by GreatVocalist: 10:47am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

This is simple enough to understand that their falling to the ground means they bowed in reverence.

The context obviously explains the action. No phobia or force was at play here.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jewskillmohamed: 10:52am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:

Your pedophile prophet don slam today?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by specialmati(m): 10:58am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:

grin grin grin grin grin grin demons trust the bible,mortal men dont its beyond their understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by DextrousD: 10:59am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

Thank you sir, I was blessed by this.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Honoredeblazac: 11:00am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

The body odour
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Eriokanmi: 11:04am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

Jesus was never man, even though He came in the image of man

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Firebomber: 11:22am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:

Coming from a troll that believed a gigolo fake prophet mumuhamad received revelation from so call angel Gabriel

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by MuslimIgbo: 11:31am On Mar 29
GreatAchiever1:

In one short simple sentence, To reconcile man with God
Shūt up and stop saying nonsense you know nothing about.
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by AntiChristian: 11:50am On Mar 29
Jewskillmohamed:

Your pedophile prophet don slam today?

Yes o!

Head is slammed like Jesus's!

Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he (Jesus) slammed his face to the ground and prayed...
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jewskillmohamed: 11:54am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:

Yes o!

Head is slammed like Jesus's!

Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he (Jesus) slammed his face to the ground and prayed...

How many Aisha was raped by mad Mohammed today in hell ?

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Electrochemistry(m): 12:17pm On Mar 29
MuslimIgbo:
YẸYẸ

If Deuteronomy 24:16 says that no man can die for other man’s sins, how come Jesus died for my sins?

Why will Almighty and all forgiving God need the blood and sacrifice of an innocent man for his own atonement and appeasement?

Olodo

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by princefunm: 12:31pm On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

Una never see when person say na me be dis ..... all man go first shift back say ......shwoooo

Omo make thunder no go clap for their head ooo

You no see say Jesus gats talk am again say "na who you talk say you dey find again. Na me be dis na"

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Kukutente23: 12:38pm On Mar 29
AntiChristian:

But you trust copy copy quran abi

If Muhammad was alive now, he'll be jailed for plagiarism

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by victorazy(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29
Timoleon:
Simple. When they got to Jesus, they observed that men mount. Peter and his boys brought out different stainless so they were startled undecided

Idiet grin

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Timoleon(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:
You can watch it on John 18:16.

If you don't mind, let me also have yours.

I guess it's a stalemate. Both of us have hearsays as evidence

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by iykelight: 1:24pm On Mar 29
Those Soldiers no get sense. U come to arrest person, he said 'I am He', and u fell down mysteriously. Why u no go run for your life? That alone should tell u that this man is supernatural.

As if say e no do, Peter matchet one of una ear, He pick d ear fix am back, ear gum immediately. You still no run. if all these no be to fulfill d word of God, their name for be sorry.

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Kingzmate(m): 1:34pm On Mar 29
BLESSED CHRIST JESUS smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Expanse2020(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29
Timoleon:
Simple. When they got to Jesus, they observed that men mount. Peter and his boys brought out different stainless so they were startled undecided
Bro no be stainlessness na sword
Call a spade a spade...🤣🤣🤣🤣
That what make d guard back off
Peter actually cut off one ear too
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Expanse2020(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29
AntiChristian:

Another verse said peter commot sword cut off a ear ...why Dem no go back down🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Expanse2020(m): 1:44pm On Mar 29
MuslimIgbo:
YẸYẸ

Am not sure that verse is in the bible.... because gullible Christianity didn't see that verse at all....
Mind you the solders back down and new but they didn't run away instead pound on bros J take am to where dey nail am
Abeg the story no clear 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Timoleon(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29
Expanse2020:

Bro no be stainlessness na sword
Call a spade a spade...🤣🤣🤣🤣
That what make d guard back off
Peter actually cut off one ear too

On a norms when men mount, either them carry gun or stainless. I just wanted the description to be clear. I agree with you though. Peter don ready to dey count scores that day if no be say bros J beg am.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Expanse2020(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29
Timoleon:

On a norms when men mount, either them carry gun or stainless. I just wanted the description to be clear. I agree with you though. Peter don ready to dey count scores that day if no be say bros J beg am.
He be like bros peter de do confraternity (Aiye) bros don sharply carry 7 out clear one ear.. but bros K no allow him feed the man with his ear like Russian people 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Download Free Gospel Music: Forever Jones - He Wants It All / The Prophecy Of Yahweh Against Otem: FAILED(Recharge Card Loading In Progress)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.