Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? (13118 Views)

When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu / 4 Ways You Can "Honor Your Father And Mother" / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Jewskillmohamed: 4:05pm On Mar 29
For me I will say it's the mother and here are my debate list below you can counter it with your own list if you feel mine is s wrong .

Pregnancy and Childbirth: Mothers undergo the physical challenges of pregnancy, labor, and delivery, which can be intense and demanding.

Breastfeeding: Mothers who breastfeed often have to manage feeding schedules, potential difficulties like mastitis, and the time-consuming nature of breastfeeding sessions.

Primary Caregiving Role: Mothers are often seen as the primary caregivers, responsible for nurturing, comforting, and meeting the emotional needs of children.

Multi-tasking: Mothers frequently juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, such as household chores, childcare, and work responsibilities.

Emotional Labor: Mothers may bear a significant amount of emotional labor, including managing family relationships, mediating conflicts, and providing emotional support.

Societal Expectations: Society often places higher expectations and pressures on mothers to excel in both professional and domestic roles including moral roles for example don't smoke or go to the bar you are a woman.

Mental Load: Mothers often carry the mental load of planning and organizing family activities, appointments, and household logistics.

Sleep Deprivation: Especially in the early stages of parenting, mothers may experience more interrupted sleep due to nighttime feedings and childcare responsibilities.
Career Sacrifices: Many mothers face challenges in balancing career advancement with family responsibilities, leading to potential career sacrifices.

Stereotypes and Bias: Stereotypes and biases can lead to mothers being undervalued or taken for granted in their contributions to the family.

It's important to note that these points are based on societal perceptions and norms, and individual experiences may vary widely. Both mothers and fathers play crucial roles in their families, and their contributions should be acknowledged and appreciated equally.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by FreeStuffsNG: 4:08pm On Mar 29
What God has joined together with a child, let no man use struggle to pull them apart

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Kriss216: 4:09pm On Mar 29
All these shouldn't be seen as struggles for a mother cos she did them free and willingly for her school boyfriend before marriage.

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Jewskillmohamed: 4:10pm On Mar 29
FreeStuffsNG:
What God has joined together with a child, let no man use struggle to pull them apart

Where did you get that idea from.

Marriage is not a do or die thing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Jerryhare: 4:11pm On Mar 29
Who hustle for money to get all these? FATHER

So let's give it to father, had it been father can get pregnant, nothing will be say about you women

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Jewskillmohamed: 4:14pm On Mar 29
Jerryhare:
Who hustle for money to get all these? FATHER

So let's give it to father, had it been father can get pregnant, nothing will be say about you women

Money is not everything, have you considered single moms or people who gave birth out of rape without a man figure, how did they do it ?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Jewskillmohamed: 4:24pm On Mar 29
Helinues are you better?
Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by tommy589(m): 6:53pm On Mar 29
Kriss216:
All these shouldn't be seen as struggles for a mother cos she did them free and willingly for her school boyfriend before marriage.

grin grin grin

Men don't see it as struggling, they see it has responsibilities of having a family. While women see it has struggling with expectations of reward

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by helinues: 6:56pm On Mar 29
It's unfortunate most of the dads lately are dead beat dads .

The men are no longer responsible like our grandpas used to be

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by helinues: 6:57pm On Mar 29
Jewskillmohamed:
Helinues are you better?

Whether you are a toddler, kids, young, adult, irrespective of gender, I treat people equally cos that's my expectations in return and it's working

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by ValarDoharis: 7:13pm On Mar 29
A father carries the mother and children for life.
Comparing a man's struggle to that of a woman is like comparing what a Semi-truck(911) carries to a pickup truck.

Op, this picture explains

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by nonny1212: 7:14pm On Mar 29
What about fathers.. why is everyone always about their mothers

14 Likes

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by tobenuel(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29
The father struggles more

it takes more than a D to be a father

6 Likes

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by marlow1962(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29
Both
Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by ideatoprince18(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29
If only children knows what a real Father goes through to make things around the home work fine.... They will sing beautiful songs for their Dad.

The reason why people do sing songs of appreciation for their mum is mostly cos of the struggles that women go through are mainly physical and it's all seen in the eye. Women are creatures of emotion so it's easy for people to see their struggle through emotional side.

When we were little, whenever my Dad comes home from shop, sometimes he will be angry,sometimes he will be sad. In all the time, he always made sure we never lacked . When I came of age and started following him to shop, I found out that from morning till night he wont eat a thing. I thought he was fasting then. I never knew that he was starving so that we will eat. He was starving so as to be able to meet up family needs. Sometimes when we ask him for money or stuffs he will tell us off. We will become angry and meet our mum who will give us the money. I never understood all this until I grew up. Now I'm a man and I'm facing issues and see reasons why my Dad behaves the way he do then.

If u think a woman struggles more than a man, try ask a widow what she goes through then u will understand.

Do u know what it is to take care of yourself talkless of adding two, three, four people to yourself and be the sole provider of them all. Many will say women will do it. And I will tell u that 98% of women cant take care of a family without complaining when the Father is around doing nothing.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by ellizy(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29
All of these highlighted points never reach make person hustle for money, the main responsibility of the MAN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by oluwaseyi0: 7:15pm On Mar 29
Actually mother

Father thrives when they have money no matter how little

Mothers practically put their children on their head even in abject penury

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Arafat1: 7:16pm On Mar 29
So this is what these women tell their kids to turn their hearts against their father grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by tonicyril: 7:16pm On Mar 29
Jewskillmohamed:

Money is not everything, have you considered single moms or people who gave birth out of rape without a man figure, how did they do it ?
Are u a father or a mother?
Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by FuckYeyeMods: 7:16pm On Mar 29
Truthfully, Women are truly trying.
I wonder how they deal with Sleep Deprivation.
After gisting into the night, before bed, you will still knack her and she will still be the one to wake everybody up few hours later.
Get the children ready for school while she cook,
Take the children to school while you're still asleep,
Comeback and hasten you to get ready for work,
Serve your food,
Wash the dishes, Sweep, Mop, tidy everywhere.
Wash the clothes and still unable to sleep even when alone while everybody are away.
Kudos to every good wife on earth.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Praktikals1000: 7:17pm On Mar 29
Before male children know the truth about this question, they must have had children who also think that their mum is the one making all the sacrifice

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Elsueno: 7:17pm On Mar 29
Jewskillmohamed:

Ok, what about single dads, who for one reason or the other have to raise the child alone without the mother?

look, I agree the mom is usually d most important majority of the time, but let's not discard d efforts put forth by the dads...Some dads are so exceptional that they help with pretty mich everything around the house from cooking, laundry & house chores despite being the bread winner

5 Likes

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Kingbuhari(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29
Before I use to think my mother do more than my father until I became a father myself...

God bless all the fathers in this nairaland amen

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29
It should not be a contest, Mother always do more.

A father is important, he is the one that makes the child strong and confident mostly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Blaze14k: 7:17pm On Mar 29
This question is irrelevant

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by xband: 7:18pm On Mar 29
Omo, na woman struggle pass oh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by Maj196(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29
Fufu
Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by omoredia: 7:20pm On Mar 29
Bobrisky try to be man, he give up!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by tefishy(m): 7:20pm On Mar 29
These are instances that can't be measured or quantified because;

Life is so diverse, cultures are vastly unique and socio-economic influence varies which greatly has an impact on both parties.

1 Like

Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by owiko(m): 7:20pm On Mar 29
It depends.
But most mothers the try no be lie!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.